Disney Epic Mickey $17.99 - Amazon Deal of the Day

I already have this game from around when it launched and I will vouch for it at this price and it is definitely worth it.

One thing I loved about Alice: Madness Returns is that it mostly succeeded at what this game was going for without failing miserably. To anyone on the fence, wait til it hits $10. The camera is awful, the level design incredibly uninteresting (aside from Mickeyjunk Mountain, which is awesome) and the platforming itself is very mediocre as well.

[quote name='AsherFischell']One thing I loved about Alice: Madness Returns is that it mostly succeeded at what this game was going for without failing miserably. To anyone on the fence, wait til it hits $10. The camera is awful, the level design incredibly uninteresting (aside from Mickeyjunk Mountain, which is awesome) and the platforming itself is very mediocre as well.[/QUOTE]

While I won't argue and say that Epic Mickey is some kind of masterpiece, I will disagree that the game is so uninspiring. I was bored the first couple of hours, but after that I got into it. It's nothing spectacular, but it was fun and it held my interest while I played. If you're on the fence, go for it.

[quote name='AsherFischell']One thing I loved about Alice: Madness Returns is that it mostly succeeded at what this game was going for without failing miserably. To anyone on the fence, wait til it hits $10. The camera is awful, the level design incredibly uninteresting (aside from Mickeyjunk Mountain, which is awesome) and the platforming itself is very mediocre as well.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more. This game, while not perfect, was far more satisfying than the endlessly repetitive Alice: Madness Returns. I'll also take the platforming in Epic Mickey over Alice anyday too.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Couldn't disagree more. This game, while not perfect, was far more satisfying than the endlessly repetitive Alice: Madness Returns. I'll also take the platforming in Epic Mickey over Alice anyday too.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't disagree more. Alice is far better than the repetitive Mickey in so many ways. The game is pure fun in large amounts. Game of the Year in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to ask if this is a good price but it looks like you guys have already answered that... if the best compliments someone can give a game is "it held my interest" or "it's better than some other disappointing game", then it doesn't sound like the game's worth it.

It'll keep going lower so no point in rushing.

I bought Epic Mickey and I have had fun with it, just like pretty much any other Nintendo Wii game. It's not an action-adventure masterpiece like Uncharted, but at the end of the day it was a great experience to play. There is a lot of effort put into the style of the game and I'd definitely recommend it for 17 dollars.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Sent Amazon price match for Best Buy yesterday, guess it worked :)[/QUOTE]

This may be a naive question, but how do you go about price matching on Amazon? I want them to match a game from the Best Buy weekly ad this week but can't really find any info on it Online.

[quote name='cgarb84']This may be a naive question, but how do you go about price matching on Amazon? I want them to match a game from the Best Buy weekly ad this week but can't really find any info on it Online.[/QUOTE]

Go to amazon and go to the game you are interested in. Scroll a bit down to "Product Details." It will say "Would you like to..... " and there is a link for "tell us about a lower price?"

Near the bottom of the game's page there should be a blue box labeled Feedback. One of the options is:
Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?

Just tell them about a lower price and fill in the info and it should be good.

Almost worth the effort to flip 2 copies to earn $2. Unless the TIV has dropped less than the $19 it was this morning when the deal went live which I imagine it almost certainly has.

Lol, I remember so many of us salivating for this game before it came out. Now we are waiting for it to hit $10 or less. I guess that will be when I will finally bite.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Lol, I remember so many of us salivating for this game before it came out. Now we are waiting for it to hit $10 or less. I guess that will be when I will finally bite.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it really is quite unfortunate. It was one of the reasons I was excited to have bought a Wii.

bread's done
Back