Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if they'll also match the buy two get one free going on today. Still, Toy Story set is tempting for 20. Doubtful it drops lower, eh?

The general consensus seems to be that it was a fake/photoshop that got picked up as being real.  So far there's no indication that it's ever coming out, and all those characters are available individually anyway.  If you want all 3 the Gamestop B2G1 deal this weekend should be at least as good as the pack price.

Thanks for the clarification!

Starting March 18th, Walmart will be offering the Frozen Blu-ray/DVD combo pack plus either an Elsa or Anna Disney Infinity figure for $21.96.  See the weekly ad online if you want to confirm.

Went to GS, got Toy Story and Lone Ranger sets for $19.99 each, each with power disc packs for free (required doing each set separately). Guy asked if I wanted the free poster, I said yes, but didn't notice until too late that I didn't actually get it (not a big deal).

Off topic: Went to 2 other Gamestops that were supposed to have used 360 VGA cables, one had none, the other had 1 generic one, and 2 other cables that were mislabeled as VGA cables.

Edit: looks like they have updated the online prices of the sets (they were $39.99 each when I checked this morning), but $19.99 does not get you the free disks online.

Starting March 18th, Walmart will be offering the Frozen Blu-ray/DVD combo pack plus either an Elsa or Anna Disney Infinity figure for $21.96. See the weekly ad online if you want to confirm.
Do you think they will put these out at midnight? If I go at 8:00am what are my chances of scoring one?

Went to GS, got the Agent P & Phineas set, the Cars set, 2 free packs of power discs (netting one new disc, but got two of it) and a power disc case for

Yeah, I've noticed Syndrome has become surprisingly hard to find.
Actually randall is also hard to find.

Its hard to even find the villains pack! They probably produced less off the villains coz kids totally would buy more of the heroes, but for people who want to collect all the chaacters, hunting these bad guys is a pain.

Waiting patiently for Phineas & Perry to be available individually so I can pick them up along with Mickey in a B2G1 sale.

Waiting for bestbuy to restock frozen and wreck it ralph packs to be available again and buy them b2g1 free with phineas pack!

Apparently Wal-Mart is selling the Frozen BR/DVD combo pack with Anna or Elsa for $21.98. In theory you could buy one of each and then resell the movies. 

I kinda holding out for Frozen 3D version but my niece wants Frozen so badly.  I'll pick up my copy at Walmart with Free Figure for $2 more.  Soon will see Frozen 3D re-release around Nov or Dec.   Disney getting Greedy lately about 3D movies & I hate Double Dipping.

went to GS yesterday to get the Phin/Agent P set. That's all the figs for me! Now I just need to convince my son to let me take ownership of his figs so I can unlock the lightsaber...

So I got a message saying that the opening post is no longer Wiki'd. How do I fix this?

Nevermind, just had to open the full editor and check off "make wiki post"

BTW, for those - like myself - looking for the Series II Power Disc Binders, I saw them in-store at Wal-Mart today (didn't scan the UPC for price) and Amazon has them listed at $10.

BTW, for those - like myself - looking for the Series II Power Disc Binders, I saw them in-store at Wal-Mart today (didn't scan the UPC for price) and Amazon has them listed at $10.
You're confused, they're not talking about empty folders, they're talking about the Target exclusive series 2 power disc set that actually included every single series 2 power disc.

Actually randall is also hard to find.

Its hard to even find the villains pack! They probably produced less off the villains coz kids totally would buy more of the heroes, but for people who want to collect all the chaacters, hunting these bad guys is a pain.
Thanks for pointing this out guys, after your comments I went and surveyed local and online villain availability and the situation didn't look good, so I drove out of my way and picked up what literally seemed to be the last villain pack in the city. I didn't realize they were starting to sell out.

The Frozen BD at TRU should be $11 after you preorder the Tinkerbelle movie. So $11 for the Anna/Elsa fig at WM compared to TRU.
Cool I might just go there and get the movie than get Anna and Elsa with the 2 for $18 they have. That way I get to avoid Walmart and having to get rid of a second copy of Frozen.

You're confused, they're not talking about empty folders, they're talking about the Target exclusive series 2 power disc set that actually included every single series 2 power disc.
In post 36, I asked if there was a disc holder outside the Target set. In post 39, I was told there was not. It is possible there is some confusion with someone, but I knew what I was talking about, communicated it correctly, and then provided follow-up information when I saw it in stores today.

I'm looking at getting these for my daughter. I saw someone say that $8/figure was a good price to pay. How about the starter set for Wii U? Anything else a newbie should know about pricing these things?

Thanks in advance. 

I'm looking at getting these for my daughter. I saw someone say that $8/figure was a good price to pay. How about the starter set for Wii U? Anything else a newbie should know about pricing these things?

Thanks in advance.
Let me know if you want start with any power discs I have a complete set of the series one set that I want to unload.

Anything around $60 is a good deal for the starter set.

Thanks in advance.
Shop at Toys R Us. They pricematch local stores, and online prices. They also have great customer service in regards to returns and exchanges. Lastly they have all the TRU exclusives, such as the power discs, and the crystal figures.

Thanks in advance.
Anything around $60 is a good deal for the starter set.
You're probably correct in saying that sub-$60 is a good price for the starter set, but if you don't need it right this second, I picked up mine around Black Friday last year for $32 at Target. They price-matched Walmart's $37 price, but also had a $5 store coupon off any Disney Infinity purchase.

My 5 year old loves Infinity, I got him Phineas and Perry for his birthday this weekend (he loves the show).  He was very excited to get it, and couldn't wait to get upstairs to play the game.  I turn it on and he wants to play .... Dash.  Which he always plays.  Sigh.  He also loves Mickey Mouse, but never wants to play him in the game.  Dash, Buzz and Lightning are all he plays.

At least his older brother plays all those other ones, and they put up the waterslide on their Toy Box so it wasn't a total waste.

Yeah, usually when I play Toy Box mode with my son (in between his latest addiction to Minecraft :speaktothehand:), he plays as Dash and just likes to punch me a super speed. Annoying to say the least.

Yeah, usually when I play Toy Box mode with my son (in between his latest addiction to Minecraft :speaktothehand:), he plays as Dash and just likes to punch me a super speed. Annoying to say the least.
Highlighted the relevant portion. Picking that up on iOS may have been the single worst grade-debilitating decision I have made as a parent. I never really had to enforce the screen time limits until that was installed.

And he usually plays as Rapunzel, because - frying pan.

The guy at my GameStop told me if I bought any of those $19.99 sets, I would also get the disc pack. Hopefully that works for everyone.
Not me. I picked up Toy Story and the cashier grabbed a pack and looked to her supervisor and said 'He gets one of these too, right?'
and she said 'Nope.'
I said 'Yeah, a penny short. Pretty lame..'

She agreed with me and said 'That's how they get ya.'

So I'm sort of interested in this game, but not much in the characters/movies that are in the starter pack... If I wait a bit, are there liable to be alternate starter packs released? Or a game-only version where you could just buy whichever figures you want separately?

Not me. I picked up Toy Story and the cashier grabbed a pack and looked to her supervisor and said 'He gets one of these too, right?'
and she said 'Nope.'
I said 'Yeah, a penny short. Pretty lame..'
She agreed with me and said 'That's how they get ya.'
That sucks. My guy said he didn't think it'd work, but he was willing to give it a shot, and it did work. Had to buy both sets in separate transactions to get 2 packs of disks, but the guy didn't mind (no winking or shushing involved).

I had $25 worth of GS Power Up Rewards so I picked up Phineas & Agent P set and, one of the power disc capsules for $10 out the door but also got the free power discs, poster, e-comic and e-strategy guide.

So I'm sort of interested in this game, but not much in the characters/movies that are in the starter pack... If I wait a bit, are there liable to be alternate starter packs released? Or a game-only version where you could just buy whichever figures you want separately?
The only alternative starter pack you'll see will be for the game's sequel.

I had $25 worth of GS Power Up Rewards so I picked up Phineas & Agent P set and, one of the power disc capsules for $10 out the door but also got the free power discs, poster, e-comic and e-strategy guide.
oh yeah, how did you get the e-comic and e-guide? I bought this from them on sat. and only got the poster (and discs. more dupes!). I also bought 2 of the power disc capsules. those things are pretty nice.

oh yeah, how did you get the e-comic and e-guide? I bought this from them on sat. and only got the poster (and discs. more dupes!). I also bought 2 of the power disc capsules. those things are pretty nice.
I wasn't expecting the comic or guide but it printed out on my receipt. I probably would've missed it but the cashier highlighted it for me.

I got dup power discs too but there is a local indie music/movie/game store in my area that takes all things Infinity for trade so its been a big help tracking down missing power discs

The Frozen BD at TRU should be $11 after you preorder the Tinkerbelle movie. So $11 for the Anna/Elsa fig at WM compared to TRU.
Are you sure this deal is still going on? I remember this was a promo around the time Jungle Book came out and it was such as hassle with TRU employees refusing to honor it or know how to override it

I just bought my starter pack on Amazon so I haven't actually played yet. I did stop by TRU today for the 6 TRU exclusive discs and got a 15% off coupon on my receipt. It says in the fine print that video games are excluded. Are all the Infinity accessories excluded for these receipt coupons?

bread's done
Back