Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is a fun shooter in this game that's currently available to buy? I'm thinking Trigger Happy of Skylanders-kind of shooter. I've seen some videos, I would say Rocket would be one but anyone else that uses guns as their main weapon that shoots fast?
I think I need to buy rocket. I've been having fun with Black Widow with the maxed out range capabilities. This might be a cheap option if you have the marvel starter pack. I used her on that survival mode on one of the toy box discs and on my first try I ranked 11 in the world on the leaderboard (ranked #1 this month). I lol'd because I wasn't trying to do well. I was just getting an achievement and I thought a good shooting character would make it easier.

Went to toys r us today and they had no signs up showing the sale. Had to go scan at price checker to see if it was still valid. Grabbed ten power disc packs (they had so many). The cashier thought it was a mistake and she said she should go back and buy a bunch (even though she acted like she didn't know what they were).
I went this morning, and the place was cleaned out of 1.0 discs. Bummer! If anyone lives in Glendale, Arizona, don't bother with the 2 stores at Arrowhead.

Went back to TRU to grab the last 3 playsets I didnt have. Also saw they had restocked 2.0 discs so I grabbed 2 plus a buttload of series 1 and 2. (3 got cleaned out overnight, and 2 was the most plentiful)

The system was fubar because it kept trying to charge full price for various things. (5$ each for 2.0 discs, 10$ for the capsule)

My TRU didnt mark a bunch of the stuff so there was still plenty in stock. Several 1.0 disc packs, they had the series 1 album for 50% off, and several packs of Disney originals left for bogo.

I bought a bunch of other items so I didnt notice the price discrepancy at the register, but if im reading it right it looks like they didnt charge me for all the packs I bought.

My TRU didnt mark a bunch of the stuff so there was still plenty in stock. Several 1.0 disc packs, they had the series 1 album for 50% off, and several packs of Disney originals left for bogo.

I bought a bunch of other items so I didnt notice the price discrepancy at the register, but if im reading it right it looks like they didnt charge me for all the packs I bought.
the 1.0 packs are 5 for $5 right now

the 1.0 packs are 5 for $5 right now
Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. I bought some packs of series 1 but I really needed series 3 and it was sold out.

On another note...are the individual figures ringing up cheaper at all TRU locations or is that YMMV?

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. I bought some packs of series 1 but I really needed series 3 and it was sold out.

On another note...are the individual figures ringing up cheaper at all TRU locations or is that YMMV?
No individual figures are ringing cheaper at any true. Its only the playset packs. Lone figures are on sale at BBY for 9.99 (7.99) with GCU.

I was at Tru yesterday bought 15 packs for myself and my nephews. There were probably 200 packs left. My brother went in today to get some more for my nephews and they were wiped out.

Kids are really enjoying the Toy Box on 2.0. Got a metric crap ton of duplicate power discs from the Toys R Us promotion. We will be posting quite a few on the trade forum soon.

Kids are really enjoying the Toy Box on 2.0. Got a metric crap ton of duplicate power discs from the Toys R Us promotion. We will be posting quite a few on the trade forum soon.
Can't wait. I'll be reivising my list in the next day or so hopefully we'll all be able to fill out what we need. Christmas is too demanding atm.

Dang. Didn't know the Best Buy sale was over so quick. I snoozed and lost! I do have a few extra power discs though. I bought my first 5 packs ever!

Dang. Didn't know the Best Buy sale was over so quick. I snoozed and lost! I do have a few extra power discs though. I bought my first 5 packs ever!
Same....was totally gonna buy most (If not all) of the single figures I didnt have today/tomorrow. Damn it I guess, atleast I'm saved from burning through my money faster than I should.

I went from having nothing infinity related to having a complete marvel set with collector statue, a bunch of other random figures, and near complete power discs sets with albums in less than 2 weeks. God help me.

Shoot I bought 15 Marvel power discs off a person in a Infinity Facebook group than got my son 12 packs during TRUs 3 for $6 sale. Wouldn't you know first 5 packs we opened already had 9 of the same discs we already had.

Shoot I bought 15 Marvel power discs off a person in a Infinity Facebook group than got my son 12 packs during TRUs 3 for $6 sale. Wouldn't you know first 5 packs we opened already had 9 of the same discs we already had.
And you guys wonder why people bad mouth blind packs.. it's all a way to milk money... shame too... it started off so fun.

Yeah, got a buttload of multiples and not sure what to do with them. Can't really complain since they were 1$ each, but I sure as hell wouldnt pay more than 2$ for a pack ever (Unless I actually scanned them in the packaging or what not)

Yeah blind packs suck ass. Its only fun when you have one or two packs and no doubles, but when you`re going for a complete collection its no fun.
Got 5 series 1 and 2 but series 3 was already sold out two days ago. Wish there was some sort of limit on these things. Even if you could just leave and come back at least it would make it more difficult for somebody to wipe out an entire stock.

I've got a ton of Marvel doubles now. Not buying anymore packs, as I only need about 5-6 discs to complete, so ill be hitting up the trade thread hard. For whatever reason, I got multiple Yondu rares, multiple spidercycles, 1 infinity gauntlet, but not a single ghost rider whip in all those packs.

I didn't bother with discs last year, but got sucked in during the $10 off $35 & BOGO promo. I'm not going for a complete collection though. I just want to trade my duplicates and not go any further (unless they have a 5 for $5 again next year).

I've got a ton of Marvel doubles now. Not buying anymore packs, as I only need about 5-6 discs to complete, so ill be hitting up the trade thread hard. For whatever reason, I got multiple Yondu rares, multiple spidercycles, 1 infinity gauntlet, but not a single ghost rider whip in all those packs.
I ended up with three Ghost Rider Whips, three Spider-cycles, 1 Yondo Team-Up, and 1 Infinity Gauntlet.

I went with the method of buying tons of packs, scanning them still in the package on the base, and marking what was in each one with post-it notes. I got stuck with tons of extras on previous blind packs and I really wasn't in the mood to have anymore so I "cheated" to limit my doubles/extras as much as possible. :D/

Going fishing for some deals to get started on Disney Infinity with my new PS4.  A few hopefully not too remedial questions so I don't grab the wrong stuff:

- Can I buy the 1.0 starter for PS3 to procure a base (and the Sully figure, which we are going to want) and then download 2.0 software (for toybox and any 2.0 playsets I purchase) on the PS4?  Or is there an absolute requirement to procure a physical PS4 2.0 disc through either the Marvel starter or the 2.0 Toy Box starter? 

- Is there anything special/unique on the toy box discs included in the Marvel/2.0 starters?  I assume the discs included with the Marvel starter are NOT included if you buy the Avengers playset after getting to 2.0 by some other means? 

Thanks!

Going fishing for some deals to get started on Disney Infinity with my new PS4. A few hopefully not too remedial questions so I don't grab the wrong stuff:

- Can I buy the 1.0 starter for PS3 to procure a base (and the Sully figure, which we are going to want) and then download 2.0 software (for toybox and any 2.0 playsets I purchase) on the PS4? Or is there an absolute requirement to procure a physical PS4 2.0 disc through either the Marvel starter or the 2.0 Toy Box starter?

- Is there anything special/unique on the toy box discs included in the Marvel/2.0 starters? I assume the discs included with the Marvel starter are NOT included if you buy the Avengers playset after getting to 2.0 by some other means?

Thanks!
The only base that's different is the one for the Xbox One. All of the others appear to be interchangeable, however unless you're getting a 1.0 starter really cheap, you might be better off just picking up a 2.0 starter. As for the Sully figure, Gamestop has them used occasionally. I actually have an extra set of the 1.0 starter figures (Sully, Mr. Incredible and Jack Sparrow) that I got when the used 3DS starter that I thought had no figures (and was listed as such) arrived complete.

Have no clue what I'm doing with them yet. Was thinking of mailing them to a friend who only has 2.0.

I don't know on the second question.

The only base that's different is the one for the Xbox One. All of the others appear to be interchangeable, however unless you're getting a 1.0 starter really cheap, you might be better off just picking up a 2.0 starter. As for the Sully figure, Gamestop has them used occasionally. I actually have an extra set of the 1.0 starter figures (Sully, Mr. Incredible and Jack Sparrow) that I got when the used 3DS starter that I thought had no figures (and was listed as such) arrived complete.

Have no clue what I'm doing with them yet. Was thinking of mailing them to a friend who only has 2.0.

I don't know on the second question.
I'd be interested in the Mr. Incredible

My mother bought my family the Disney Infinity Toybox 2.0 (the one with Merida and Stich) for the PS4 along with Tinker Bell, Maleficent, Hulk, and Baymax. I realize that the box doesn't include a playset and the our 1.0 playsets from our PS3 doesn't work (haven't tried this but thought I had read that before). So with that all said, which of the three playsets does the CAG community suggest? My wife and I believe that we would enjoy the Guardians or Avengers most but willing to listen to see what the general consensus is.

My mother bought my family the Disney Infinity Toybox 2.0 (the one with Merida and Stich) for the PS4 along with Tinker Bell, Maleficent, Hulk, and Baymax. I realize that the box doesn't include a playset and the our 1.0 playsets from our PS3 doesn't work (haven't tried this but thought I had read that before). So with that all said, which of the three playsets does the CAG community suggest? My wife and I believe that we would enjoy the Guardians or Avengers most but willing to listen to see what the general consensus is.
I've heard Spidey & Avengers are pretty similar. I've only played some of Spidey myself.

Keep bombarding John Vignocchi with requests for 1.0 play sets to be added to 2.0. I'm hoping that if people keep the pressure up on Disney Interactive we'll see 1.0 play sets ported over as DLC.

The Avengers and Spider-Man both take place in the same location (Marvel New York), though the missions and plots are different. Guardians takes place in more intergalactic locales (as would be expected) . Avengers got bad reviews from professional reviewers for being repetitive and shallow. No official word on Guardians and Spider-Man, though both have been getting good buzz from players. Figures in each set are not available individually, so that's another thing to consider.

If it were up to me, I'd pick Guardians, but I really liked the movie. Spider-Man would be my next choice - it has to be better than the endless frost giant gauntlets that make up Avengers, and there's some cameos by characters they don't have figures for (yet?) like Black Cat and J Jonah Jameson.

I think we are going to check out Target or Toys R Us tomorrow because they are running the B1G1 deals right now for DI (and Amiibo if I can find ones I want). Probably getting Guardians as we loved the movie and I really want Groot and Rocket anyways. Thanks for the feedback everyone! 

Grabbed even more discs today lol, along with the GS Marvel Album+Discs, I figure once this deal ends I doubt I'll be buying any more unless a similar one happens again. Ran into a fellow collector but totally forgot to ask him if he might be interested in trading discs sometime.

Seems like my store keeps restocking the 2.0 Marvel ones and the TRU Gold Packs, but I have never seen the Original Ones out. Series 1 and 3 are long gone as well, so they must have lots of Series 2 stocked. Also saw a couple power discs at a local game store when I was selling something, so I grabbed a holographic Merlin for 2$.

I swear these damn things are addictive, I went from Amiibos to Disney in the span of 2 weeks. Luckily I had such a good Christmas that it isn't breaking the bank like the Amiibo's were. Also on a funny side note, I have been in that TRU so many times buying these things, the manager referred a family who was purchasing a ton of sets to me to ask me some various questions.

Guys should a I go buy more power disc for 5 for 5? I was wondering if there has ever been a better deal? Sorta new to infinity and always thought the power disc were garbage and just like micro transactions? Also what of the 1.0 series disc (1,2,3 etc.) are the best or have the most helpful disc. Also they sell cases to carry them that come empty correct? Not like you can buy all of one series is what i am asking? Thank you

I swear these damn things are addictive, I went from Amiibos to Disney in the span of 2 weeks. Luckily I had such a good Christmas that it isn't breaking the bank like the Amiibo's were. Also on a funny side note, I have been in that TRU so many times buying these things, the manager referred a family who was purchasing a ton of sets to me to ask me some various questions.
Same with me. I'm having more fun collecting these than amiibo as well. I lost count of the number of parents i helped when I was hitting TRUs the past few days. Most were completely unaware of the sales, due in large part to lack of signage. I helped quite a few kids get an extra Marvel set under their tree as I noticed parents comtemplating two in their hand and putting one back prompting me to interject about the 50% off. :lol:

Most of them were completely confused as to compatibility of 1.0 figures and sets, whether or not any figure could play in any set, what exactly was included in a starter pack, and power discs in general. They were all incredibly pleasant and cheerful once I helped make sense of it all for them.

Guys should a I go buy more power disc for 5 for 5? I was wondering if there has ever been a better deal? Sorta new to infinity and always thought the power disc were garbage and just like micro transactions? Also what of the 1.0 series disc (1,2,3 etc.) are the best or have the most helpful disc. Also they sell cases to carry them that come empty correct? Not like you can buy all of one series is what i am asking? Thank you
To my knowledge, power discs from DI 1.0 have never been cheaper than $1/pack. Myself, personally, I don't think any of them are AMAZING, but some are pretty cool. For Toy Box mode, try to get at least one car and one flying vehicle. For the Playsets, get the circular discs. Some of the customizations are pretty neat (Toy Box Mode), such as the Tron ones (TRU Gold Packs).

Series 1 & 2 have several rares and disc albums. Series 3 has 1 rare and has no album. Target had an exclusive Series 2 album with all the discs - but that's YMMV if you could find it at this point. I think it was $59.99 MSRP, but that sounds high, so maybe not.

Just a heads up that the 1.0 Sidekicks triple pack is showing $20.99 at BestBuy.com ($16.79 GCU). It's not available for shipping, and it shows "unavailable" for store pickup in my area even though I know some stores have them.

I'll be going to BBY for a price match if the price holds through tomorrow.

Just a heads up that the 1.0 Sidekicks triple pack is showing $20.99 at BestBuy.com ($16.79 GCU). It's not available for shipping, and it shows "unavailable" for store pickup in my area even though I know some stores have them.

I'll be going to BBY for a price match if the price holds through tomorrow.
I don't even see that pack on the site anymore. I would love one at even that price plus shipping if you could manage to pick up an extra though. Stupid gotta catch'em all mentality kicked in a few days ago.

I don't even see that pack on the site anymore. I would love one at even that price plus shipping if you could manage to pick up an extra though. Stupid gotta catch'em all mentality kicked in a few days ago.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-infinity-figure-sidekicks-3-pack-other/8935609.p?id=1218954922183&skuId=8935609&pid=1218954922183&ev=product+view

Unlike amiibo, I certainly don't have the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality with DI. But I certainly want to get a complete Incredibles family, and the only way to get Mrs. Incredible now is by buying the Sidekicks pack.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-infinity-figure-sidekicks-3-pack-other/8935609.p?id=1218954922183&skuId=8935609&pid=1218954922183&ev=product+view

Unlike amiibo, I certainly don't have the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality with DI. But I certainly want to get a complete Incredibles family, and the only way to get Mrs. Incredible now is by buying the Sidekicks pack.
Ah thanks. Well if they have more than one I'd appreciate it if you could grab an extra. All out in my area too, and I know my store doesn't have it.

Has Mrs Incredible gotten rare now? Seems like I still see her around individually. I know the daughter is rare. There is a KMart here that has three of her in stock and a Target that has two Randall. I only need Francesco who I don't see in stock in too many places. Waiting for a deal at Target to get him.

Btw, according to a poster on SD, the DI 2.0 packs were still ringing up as Buy 1 Get 1 Free and were stacking with the Buy 1 Get 1 40% sale TRU has through next week. I didn't have a chance to go in store and try it out myself but it would make it about 4 DI Originals or Marvel discs for about $8.

My son and I are having a good time picking some of the discs (for cheap) so this might be a great offer if it's still working. 

Btw, I remember a while back, someone on here made their own customized DI 1.0 Series 3 power disc album. Who was it and how did you make it?
Not a bad idea, but I just invested in nine capsules.

Making an album sounds like a cheap and easy alternative. You could use any three ring binder with card sleeves.

Has Mrs Incredible gotten rare now? Seems like I still see her around individually. I know the daughter is rare. There is a KMart here that has three of her in stock and a Target that has two Randall. I only need Francesco who I don't see in stock in too many places. Waiting for a deal at Target to get him.
I don't think Mrs. Incredible is rare, but I think her solo package has been gone for some time, and now she's really only available in the Sidekicks pack.

I wasn't aware that Violet was rare, but it makes sense. I don't recall seeing her much, if at all these last few weeks. I better get the Incredibles while I still can.

Btw, I remember a while back, someone on here made their own customized DI 1.0 Series 3 power disc album. Who was it and how did you make it? I'd like to try it myself but I don't remember who did it. 

bread's done
Back