Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so there is a deal on groupon for the next 6 days for the Starter pack, Cars Playset and an extra pack of Disc's for 59.99. 360 or PS3 only.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-0003-disney-infinity-super-pack-for-xbox-360-or-ps3
Currently ebates has groupon at 15% cashback. I've never used ebates with groupon before so I'm not sure if there are any exclusions but I decided to bite on this. Not sure how long the 15% lasts since it looks like it's usually 3%.

I wouldn't be surprised that the figure would work for the PC right now.   So it's likely a figure, just like how Sorcerer Mickey was.

EDIT:

Last year's D23 convention they gave out Sorcerer Mickey figures to attendees 3 days b4 the launch of Disney Infinity.   Mickey wasn't officially released until 2014 (as we all know) so this answers your question.

It'll be a new figure and DI2 will release just after the D23 convention (August 2014) unless they are able to release it sooner as Disney Infinity 1 was intended to do.

Somehow I initially misread that as they were giving out something exclusive to everyone who went to see that movie.  I'm almost glad that's not the case - I reeeeeaaalllly don't want to see that movie :p

I wouldn't be surprised that the figure would work for the PC right now. So it's likely a figure, just like how Sorcerer Mickey was.

EDIT:

Last year's D23 convention they gave out Sorcerer Mickey figures to attendees 3 days b4 the launch of Disney Infinity. Mickey wasn't officially released until 2014 (as we all know) so this answers your question.

It'll be a new figure and DI2 will release just after the D23 convention (August 2014) unless they are able to release it sooner as Disney Infinity 1 was intended to do.
The D23 expo is once every two years. The next one is August of 2015.

That is an excellent deal for the frozen set.

Has anyone tried the PC version?  I just finally got around to putting in my web codes and checking out the progress tracking the game has.  Pretty cool that it syncs so well with the console versions.

The PC version is very... superior to the other versions in almost every way.  It just lacks splitscreen play.  Other than that though, it runs smoother, has much better graphics.  Everything is cheaper too if you don't want the figures.  Really impressed since it's basically a freebie for owning the console versions.

Finally picked up Syndrome today Little guy was tough as hell to find. Got it at a Mom and Pop store for 15. All 5 incredibles figs now. Feels good :D

thinking of getting a disney infinity for my 360. I think wife and i would like to play it. any advice. Seems like a really cool game. and with the Marvel coming this fall, looks awesome. 

thinking of getting a disney infinity for my 360. I think wife and i would like to play it. any advice. Seems like a really cool game. and with the Marvel coming this fall, looks awesome.
I'd say hold off on buying the starter kit unless you see a really good sale on it somewhere. The 2.0 Marvel figures won't work on the 1st game, but all the 1.0 figures will work on 2.0.

I don't think it's been officially confirmed or not yet that the playsets from 1.0 will work on 2.0 so that could be a determining factor.

I'd say if you see figures on sale for cheap, snatch them up.

I wouldn't pay retail for the starter kit with 2.0 right around the corner, but my wife and I picked it up on awd for $33 and we love it! Its a lot of fun playing and collecting

what about like ebay or something? MAybe we could get it cheap enough.
I bet prices will drop soon. The market is pretty saturated judging by all the sales I've seen lately.

Also, quite honestly, DI1 runs like crap on pretty much all consoles. I imagine DI2 will be a much better experience.

I'd say hold off on buying the starter kit unless you see a really good sale on it somewhere. The 2.0 Marvel figures won't work on the 1st game, but all the 1.0 figures will work on 2.0.

I don't think it's been officially confirmed or not yet that the playsets from 1.0 will work on 2.0 so that could be a determining factor.

I'd say if you see figures on sale for cheap, snatch them up.
Playsets won't work.

They wanted to get them running, but the engine changes were pretty major and they didn't have time. Maybe in a patch later, but it's unlikely.

The thing is that all of the data and assets for the playsets and characters are stored on the game disc. The physical toys are just unlock keys.

It's (relatively) trivial to include the character models and animations from the existing figures in the new game. But the existing playsets amount to multiple gigs of data, I don't know the exact size but the typical install size of an Xbox 360 game is around 7 GB so it's somewhere in that ballpark. And obviously the new game is going to include its own new playsets. So it's not just a matter of making the engine compatible with the old playsets; they'd also have to decide how to deliver the data itself.

Based on the power discs in that link, looks like they are taking some design cues from the Avengers Assemble Disney XD show, with a smattering of the other media properties thrown in.

Also, for anyone concerned about the non-Marvel portion of the game, this was part of an internal quarterly earnings update to Disney employees by Bob Iger:

"I’m very pleased to announce that Disney Interactive delivered its third consecutive quarter of profitability, driven by the continuing popularity and strong demand for Disney Infinity. The game has sold more than three million starter packs since it launched last August, it’s won industry awards for excellence, and it was the best-selling interactive toy game of 2013 in the United States. There’s a lot of excitement about Disney Infinity 2, which will feature characters from The Avengers as well as other Disney and Marvel favorites when it debuts this fall."

Kinda hard to believe it's done as well as they're claiming since stores around here have always had the starters and figures in stock since the release (excluding initial month when things were new and crazy) and retailers are constantly putting the starter set on sale. Good for them if it's true. In the end it's just another fad though so enjoy things while it last as it appears Activision hasn't learned a damn thing since Guitar Hero as they are over saturating the market with Skylanders. This entire playable figures thing is a fad, yes, so its days are numbered but Acivision is doing the same crap that they did before with GH by churning out too many games too fast and that will just wear out consumers faster. GH/RB may have been marketed toward slightly older kids opposed to Skylanders with a more younger demographic but in the end flooding the market with these things will just decrease the lifespan faster.

I personally think what's killing Skylanders for me are all the reissues and different poses for the characters. My son likes Skylanders but he hasn't played it as much. How many times do you need to buy Gill Grunt? Once is fine for me.

I know it's a fad, but I enjoy the DI property so I'll pick the figures up as I can. 

I personally think what's killing Skylanders for me are all the reissues and different poses for the characters. My son likes Skylanders but he hasn't played it as much. How many times do you need to buy Gill Grunt? Once is fine for me.

I know it's a fad, but I enjoy the DI property so I'll pick the figures up as I can.
IMO, the model from Skylanders -> Skylanders Giants would have been a nice template for Skylanders: Swap Force (one new character for each of the elements for the 'gimmick,' one new character for each element of the 'regular' sort). If memory serves, Swap Force had 32 new characters, 2 'regular' and 2 swappers per element. I believe Trap Team was also announced with 32 new Skylanders - I'm not sure if that also includes the crystals (?). Then there's reissues.

In addition to limiting each set to 16 new characters, I'd also like to see 3 Packs without reissues. I'd also like to see more involved platforming and more levels (certainly, Swap Force was a step in the right direction).

In addition to limiting each set to 16 new characters, I'd also like to see 3 Packs without reissues. I'd also like to see more involved platforming and more levels (certainly, Swap Force was a step in the right direction).
Unfortunately, the Toys for Bob dev said in an interview he's actually against platforming (claiming it's too frustrating for kids) and seemed rather annoyed that they would have to include it in Trap Team since it was in Swap Force. So I wouldn't expect more involved platforming from them.

My main issue with Skylanders is how often they interrupt the action. When you're going through a story mode stage you're just constantly being interrupted by dialogue, enemy introductions, and slow camera pan mini cutscenes. Do kids enjoy that crap? Don't they just wanna smash stuff? I feel like these games should just be bright, colorful Diablo-lites and lay off the story beats.

Anyway, really looking forward to the Dungeon generator thing in DI 2.0

http://www.superherohype.com/news/303043-new-disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-trailer-spotlights-the-avengers-play-set#/slide/1

20 new figures from Marvel universe!? Damn. Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor and Iron Man have been confirmed of course. Loki has been seen in a trailer so I'm guessing he's in as well. That means there's 13 more spots but possibly less since I haven't followed this thing as much as you guys have.
Spiderman is in the trailer so we could look forward to him. Can almost bet on Loki being a character.

Spiderman is in the trailer so we could look forward to him. Can almost bet on Loki being a character.
Also Rocket Raccoon and Groot... so guessing with the release of the movie soon, probably a whole set of the guardians as well.

On the sale front... Toys R Us currently has figures 3 for $35. Not a great deal but they have the sidekicks 3 pack which is included in this so 5 figures for $35.

Maybe even a better deal in store, but I don't have one local so I can't check.

I noticed yesterday the 3-pack display cases are green tag clearance at Toys R Us, which should price them at $7.49 (or $6 starting tomorrow, according to this thread).
If your TRU still has them in stock, the display cases should be down to $4.50 each. Picked up enough to get the rest of my figures a case. Debating on getting more for 2.0. They may release another color for that version's figures - not sure I care, but I might if I can't get enough for the entire set.

Also, first post is unwikified.

Crystal Agent P is arriving in stores this week via UPS.  I didn't see anything in the system about a hold date, so they should be able to sell.

Guys, the opening post still lists sales from a month ago. Why is nobody working on editing the opening post? :(
See 2 posts above.

If your TRU still has them in stock, the display cases should be down to $4.50 each. Picked up enough to get the rest of my figures a case. Debating on getting more for 2.0. They may release another color for that version's figures - not sure I care, but I might if I can't get enough for the entire set.

Also, first post is unwikified.

Saw Crystal Agent P on the shelf at one of my local TRU locations this afternoon.
Hmmm.... chances are my TRU probably sucks and didn't put them out :p Still, will have to check after work I guess.

I finally received a $5 TRU Reward in the mail and it figures that there's no sales going on.

The only figures I have left to purchase are Perry, Phineas, and the Crystal Perry, so I'll likely just grab Crystal Perry and buy the other two at Best Buy sometime since they're always 20% off with GCU.

Just cleaned up the Wiki and removed old deals. Moved the figure exclusivity behind a spoiler due to the dates involved.

Only two new deals, neither that great unless you were already going to buy part of it. Best Buy has a discount on the Wii U starter kit when buying with Mario Kart 8. Toys R Us is doing a Buy 1 Get 1 30% off on figures. If the second is in store and you need another figure, would be a slight discount on the second when picking up Crystal Agent P.

Just cleaned up the Wiki and removed old deals. Moved the figure exclusivity behind a spoiler due to the dates involved.

Only two new deals, neither that great unless you were already going to buy part of it. Best Buy has a discount on the Wii U starter kit when buying with Mario Kart 8. Toys R Us is doing a Buy 1 Get 1 30% off on figures. If the second is in store and you need another figure, would be a slight discount on the second when picking up Crystal Agent P.
Hmm. Better than nothing. Thanks!

Do you guys think that there will be some good sales or clearance deals on the xbox 360 Disney Infinity starter kit once Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes is released? Or perhaps a little while before it is released?

The Phineas and Pherb two pack rings up for $13 at Kmart. I haven't seen it posted anywhere but I happened to scan one at a Kmart yesterday.

The Phineas and Pherb two pack rings up for $13 at Kmart. I haven't seen it posted anywhere but I happened to scan one at a Kmart yesterday.
Wow, seems to be a legit price:

http://www.kmart.com/disney-infinity-phineas-and-ferb-toy-box-figure/p-018W007026037001P?prdNo=18&blockNo=18&blockType=G18

I may have to bite - these are the last two I need. I can't imagine it getting any cheaper...

Edit: Of course, not in stock. Bah

Edit 2: Hmm... back in stock online, but not in a local store. Unless their store tracking sucks. I wonder if I should just check my local K-mart before paying $6 shipping...

bread's done
Back