Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if there are any Orlando locals here, but Downtown Disney has Car Masters Weekend going on now and they had a Disney Infinity 2.0 booth with what looked like a playable demo of game.

Right. I'm talking more about the actual assets/programming for the playset adventures. I can't see why they would do it that way, but it's theoretically possible that they would require you to have a disc to make the plastic adventure piece work (because the levels and such aren't in the plastic piece - it just unlocks that code on the disc).
Nah I don't think so. They'd have to make essentially two versions of the game, which wouldn't make sense. I assume the playsets would work with the digital version.

Don't know if there are any Orlando locals here, but Downtown Disney has Car Masters Weekend going on now and they had a Disney Infinity 2.0 booth with what looked like a playable demo of game.
Until they get that parking garage built, it's a war zone parking there, especially now that we're back into the tourism season.

But I do appreciate the information.

I was there a couple weeks ago. I love downtown disney, but I wouldn't go there right now even if they were giving Infinity 2.0 for free.

Posted this in the Best Buy ad thread but I'll post it here since things can get lost in the ad threads.

Best Buy's website has the Preorder for DI2 starting today. You get the starter kit and a free figure. In the free figure list the Spiderman playset is listed. I preordered with the Spiderman playset and the playset was accepted as the free figure. Pretty good deal when the you can get the $35 playset free instead of a $13 figure. 

Is the PS4 version the only one not included in the DI2 promo? I'm not seeing it on their website.
Try calling in. I ordered the promo with the PS4 version online a few days ago. Someone else called in and ordered the Wii-U version over the phone when it wasn't showing online. Now the Wii-U version is showing online, but the PS4 isn't anymore.

Posted this in the Best Buy ad thread but I'll post it here since things can get lost in the ad threads.

Best Buy's website has the Preorder for DI2 starting today. You get the starter kit and a free figure. In the free figure list the Spiderman playset is listed. I preordered with the Spiderman playset and the playset was accepted as the free figure. Pretty good deal when the you can get the $35 playset free instead of a $13 figure.
Isn't this the same deal posted last week in this very same thread?

My best buy denied me. Said they can't do it because the pictures didn't match. Tried telling them to read the description and they just kept saying it's not the same.

I'm still cursing them.

Looks like they fixed the pre-order glitch then. I'm pretty sure Best Buy didn't mean for the playset to ring up as a free "figure". 

I'm really struggling with whether I want to pick up Phineas and Perry (and Crystal Perry)

I'm pretty much done with the game. I loved it while it lasted but I think I'm gonna sell off the majority of my figures...

...but my goddamn hall of heroes is those three figures away from being complete. Damn my OCD.

I'm really struggling with whether I want to pick up Phineas and Perry (and Crystal Perry)

I'm pretty much done with the game. I loved it while it lasted but I think I'm gonna sell off the majority of my figures...

...but my goddamn hall of heroes is those three figures away from being complete. Damn my OCD.
Yeah, I'm the same way. My daughters haven't really messed with the game in months, but Phineas and Perry are the only two figures (outside of the crystals) that they don't have and at this point it seems silly to not have a complete set.

Did anyone see if they are going to ever release a Series 3 album? I suspect there isn't much point to releasing one this late, but who knows?

I'm honestly rather tempted to buy Phineas & Perry, scan them through the package to get them to pop up in the Hall of Heroes, and then return them.

I realize that's kind of underhanded but eh.

I'm still undecided if I want to keep all the crystals as collectibles or not. Either way I'd probably pick up Perry just so I could sell them as a complete set if I decide to do so.

I'm honestly rather tempted to buy Phineas & Perry, scan them through the package to get them to pop up in the Hall of Heroes, and then return them.

I realize that's kind of underhanded but eh.
That's what I did when Crystal Buzz was only available in the Race to Space pack. Did not want two Lightning McQueens.

Anyone near milwaukee still needing villain 3 pack check out toys r us express at Southridge mall. 3 sets left at $33. Picked up one, giving me doubles of Randel, but the kids not having Jones or Syndrome makes this a steal.

Man its been along hiatus for any new deals on disney infinity. My local TRU, Bestbuy, Target, Walmart have a s*itload of inventory on playsets and charcters. Hope they do a b2g1 free soon or a 50% price drop. Dont think alot of new people are going to scoop disney infinity 1.0s now that 2.0 has been announced.

So I snapped last night and bought the Phineas & Agent P Toy Box set from Kmart last night, as they had it for $12.99. (Which I believe is probably more of a pricing mistake than a sale or clearance price.)

So now all I have left is the Crystal Agent P figure for me to have everything. I'm going to slightly hate myself for it, but I'm going to have to pick him up to complete my Hall of Heroes. Ugh.

On the plus side, all my "Crystal" figures are still in their boxes, so I'll likely try to flip 'em onto eBay as a "Complete Collection" and try to make back as much of my money as I possibly can.

Does anyone know of any Toys R Us coupons floating about for in-store purchases, or am I going to be stuck paying MSRP for it?

Like an idiot I gave my recent $5 RewardsRUs credit to my girlfriend to spend on some HTTYD2 stuff, but at the time I wasn't sure I wanted any more Disney Infinity merch anyway, and it would have expired by now regardless. OH WELL.

So I snapped last night and bought the Phineas & Agent P Toy Box set from Kmart last night, as they had it for $12.99. (Which I believe is probably more of a pricing mistake than a sale or clearance price.)

So now all I have left is the Crystal Agent P figure for me to have everything. I'm going to slightly hate myself for it, but I'm going to have to pick him up to complete my Hall of Heroes. Ugh.

On the plus side, all my "Crystal" figures are still in their boxes, so I'll likely try to flip 'em onto eBay as a "Complete Collection" and try to make back as much of my money as I possibly can.

Does anyone know of any Toys R Us coupons floating about for in-store purchases, or am I going to be stuck paying MSRP for it?

Like an idiot I gave my recent $5 RewardsRUs credit to my girlfriend to spend on some HTTYD2 stuff, but at the time I wasn't sure I wanted any more Disney Infinity merch anyway, and it would have expired by now regardless. OH WELL.
I haven't seen any coupons for TRU since the beginning of the progressive (seemingly ongoing forever) clearance sale...

Tinkerbell shooting cat faces? My wife is in.

Although, this seems to imply that anything not-Marvel is Toybox only?
So far. Keep in mind we only really know of three playsets so far, that being the Avengers playset in the Starter Pack, the Spider-Man Playset, adn the Guardians of the Galaxy Playset.

Assuming they match the 6 playsets they released in 1.0, they could have 3 "Disney Originals" playsets up their sleeves to sell.

If that's the case then I'll be out, sadly.

I have everything form Disney Infinity, but I couldn't possibly care less about Marvel. They should have just made Disney INfinity 2 and released the 3 Marvel Playsets separately. Even if they do have 3 actual Disney playsets, I wouldn't be too thrilled about being forced into buying Avengers just to play them.

DI has so much potential to be great. Just naming movies from already released figures, exploring the worlds of Nightmare Before Xmad, frozen or Wreck it Ralph. 2.0 seems committed to killing that ootee.

Best Buy has the Phineas and Agent P set for $15.99. After GCU it rang up at $12.79. Happy to get it for cheaper than the KMart price without any hassles.

So far. Keep in mind we only really know of three playsets so far, that being the Avengers playset in the Starter Pack, the Spider-Man Playset, adn the Guardians of the Galaxy Playset.

Assuming they match the 6 playsets they released in 1.0, they could have 3 "Disney Originals" playsets up their sleeves to sell.
DI2 has less playsets. But the playsets are bigger and more involved. It's why the MSRP is now $40.

Anybody saw restocks of the villians pack yet? Crap i hate that i missed out on buying that pack at retail

Microsoft store has the following figures on sale for 50% off: Vanellope, Ralph, Jack Skellington, Woody, and Rapunzel.

In addition they have the Series 1 and Series 2 power discs for 50% off as well!

Microsoft Store link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store?SiteID=msusa&Locale=en_US&Action=DisplayProductSearchResultsPage&result=&keywords=disney+infinity

Source Infinity Inquirer: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/07/21/select-disney-infinity-figures-power-discs-for-50-off/

Ok best buy would PM this wouldn't they???

Very sorry if this is a stupid question. Does anybody know how GCU works on Disney infinity figures as far as the 3 limit is concerned? I would assume they're all different "games" but I could be very wrong. Don't want to get banned if I go buy a bunch.

Very sorry if this is a stupid question. Does anybody know how GCU works on Disney infinity figures as far as the 3 limit is concerned? I would assume they're all different "games" but I could be very wrong. Don't want to get banned if I go buy a bunch.
It should be per character as they've all got unique UPCs. I bought every single figure and 3-pack for my buddy using my GCU and am still fine.

Thanks for the reply! I figured but I didn't know as I hadn't bought any till now, but my nephew is into them big time now so I was going to buy a bunch for his birthday.

I have some questions for a newcomer to Disney Infinity. Should I avoid buying characters separately if they also come in sets? (i.e. Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope) Do the packs come with items not obtainable otherwise? Or is that just the ones with a playset like Lone Ranger? Also is there a complete list of power discs somewhere on here?

I appreciate any light any of you can shed on this for me, looking to get into collecting for this game.

I have some questions for a newcomer to Disney Infinity. Should I avoid buying characters separately if they also come in sets? (i.e. Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope) Do the packs come with items not obtainable otherwise? Or is that just the ones with a playset like Lone Ranger? Also is there a complete list of power discs somewhere on here?

I appreciate any light any of you can shed on this for me, looking to get into collecting for this game.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the toy boxes just come with the terrain and skydome discs which can be found in the disc packs...

list of discs can be found @ http://disneyinfinity.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Discs

I have some questions for a newcomer to Disney Infinity.
Okay, shoot.

Should I avoid buying characters separately if they also come in sets? (i.e. Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope)
The figure 2-packs generally retail for $29.99 and come with 2 figures and 2 power discs. (The power discs are generally the sky dome and world texture packs related to the figures.) Considering the figures retail for $12.99 and the power discs come in at $4.99 for a pack of two, you're only saving about a dollar by buying the 2-pack. ($29.99 for the 2-pack, $30.97 combined cost for the individual figures and a pack of power discs.)

If you can find any 3-packs left, (The "Heroes" 3-pack contained Mike, Mrs. Incredible and Barbossa, and the "Villains" 3-pack contained Randy, Syndrome, and Davy Jones) those are a bit of a better deal, as they retail for $29.99 and contain $38.97 worth of figures.

Do the packs come with items not obtainable otherwise?
Nope, what's packaged in the 2-pack is easily available elsewhere, though it does eliminate buying random packs if you want the discs that are in the 2-packs.

Or is that just the ones with a playset like Lone Ranger?
Correct, the three play sets contain the play set token (Cars, Lone Ranger, Toy Story) and two figures related to that play set. The figures in the play set packs along with the token itself are only available in each specific play set pack. (Except for the "Crystal" versions of The Lone Ranger, Lightning McQueen, and Buzz Lightyear, of course.)

Also is there a complete list of power discs somewhere on here?
Here's your best resource for that:

http://disneyinfinity.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Discs

Does "CAiNiAC" refer to the fast food chain or something else? :p

bread's done
Back