Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, shoot.

The figure 2-packs generally retail for $29.99 and come with 2 figures and 2 power discs. (The power discs are generally the sky dome and world texture packs related to the figures.) Considering the figures retail for $12.99 and the power discs come in at $4.99 for a pack of two, you're only saving about a dollar by buying the 2-pack. ($29.99 for the 2-pack, $30.97 combined cost for the individual figures and a pack of power discs.)

If you can find any 3-packs left, (The "Heroes" 3-pack contained Mike, Mrs. Incredible and Barbossa, and the "Villains" 3-pack contained Randy, Syndrome, and Davy Jones) those are a bit of a better deal, as they retail for $29.99 and contain $38.97 worth of figures.

Nope, what's packaged in the 2-pack is easily available elsewhere, though it does eliminate buying random packs if you want the discs that are in the 2-packs.

Correct, the three play sets contain the play set token (Cars, Lone Ranger, Toy Story) and two figures related to that play set. The figures in the play set packs along with the token itself are only available in each specific play set pack. (Except for the "Crystal" versions of The Lone Ranger, Lightning McQueen, and Buzz Lightyear, of course.)

Here's your best resource for that:

http://disneyinfinity.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Discs

Does "CAiNiAC" refer to the fast food chain or something else? :p
Above and beyond man, thank you for the incredibly timely and informative reply. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to bite the bullet on this. I told myself I wouldn't after Skylanders (I did manage to sell my collection for a good amount when I was ready to move on at least) but the new Marvel sets are calling to me. I might be a bit too late to the game on this one to collect seriously without some major work or spending.

Also thank you too Afflicted.

As for the fast food chain, I'm not sure what you're speaking of. Could you enlighten me?

Above and beyond man, thank you for the incredibly timely and informative reply. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to bite the bullet on this. I told myself I wouldn't after Skylanders (I did manage to sell my collection for a good amount when I was ready to move on at least) but the new Marvel sets are calling to me. I might be a bit too late to the game on this one to collect seriously without some major work or spending.

As for the fast food chain, I'm not sure what you're speaking of. Could you enlighten me?
There's a fried chicken fast foot chain that started out here in Louisiana called "Raising Cane's". One of the items on their menu is called the "Caniac" which is also the general term used for their fans.

Considering that 2.0 is coming, Theres a really good chance that 1.0 figures will be on sale to clear more soace. Alot of stores still have a sh*tload of figures (toysrus and bestbuy). The only figures that are hard to find is the villains 3 pack. All the others are readily availble online.

Update on my question earlier: YMMV but I was able to successfully and easily PM the Microsoft store deals at Best Buy. They were out of Jack at my store but they were awesome enough to order one to the store at the 5.99! I also got rapunzel, Ralph, and woody for 6.49 each as well as a skylanders swap starter for 19.99! Got my 10% bonus points there as well! They didn't have any power discs left...but they did like two days ago so I smell El Hoardo... I'll order off Microsoft I suppose. These will be great gifts. Thanks for sharing these deals!

So I just dipped my toe into collecting these with the microsoft store sale. I bought Rapunzel, Vanellope and Ralph. And since I'll probably try to get all of them (I haven't had anything to collect in a while), I figured I should say something in here to track. :D

Also, are there any of these that are 'hard to find' like companies seem to enjoy doing with stuff like this? Limited runs at certain stores, that kind of junk?

So I just dipped my toe into collecting these with the microsoft store sale. I bought Rapunzel, Vanellope and Ralph. And since I'll probably try to get all of them (I haven't had anything to collect in a while), I figured I should say something in here to track. :D

Also, are there any of these that are 'hard to find' like companies seem to enjoy doing with stuff like this? Limited runs at certain stores, that kind of junk?
Supposedly jack from nightmare before Christmas is becoming hard to find and there are "crystal" versions of some figures which are partially see through. Some stores have exclusives as well from what I can gather. I got into these for my nephew but With the marvel introduction I think I'll be getting into it to.

Toysrus is the only store that sells the crystal version. There were timed exclusives but all figures can now be purchase in various stores. Theres a lot of info in the op too if you want to read up.

For 1.0 toys r us has the crystal exclusive. The only hard to find one is the d23 mickey that was given as a promotion before it was released. You can find these on ebay buy they run into 100-250 range.

Also news has officially been announced on the collector's edition for Playstation 3 and 4.

Disney_Infinity_Marvel_Super_Heroes_CE_PS4beauty.jpg

And hey look a spot on the right on the display base.....

r1FWYig.jpg

LOKI!!!!!!

Collector's Edition will be available at launch with all the avengers (will not include Loki), the game, and the display for $180. 

Here is more information on the collector's edition: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/07/23/disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-2-0-edition-collectors-edition-made-official/

And more information on the Loki figure tease: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/07/23/disney-infinity-loki-figure-teased-in-photo/

Kind of a bummer that it's only PS, that's something I'd watch out for to see if the price drops enough if it was on Xbox.

Limited runs at certain stores, that kind of junk?
Other than the crystal versions at Toys R Us others mentioned (as well as some exclusive power discs), Gamestop had an exclusive version of Jack Skellington. The figure is exactly the same, he just comes with a Nightmare Before Christmas themed figure display case.

I had little interest in this...but seeing Venom and Rocket figures makes getting into this tempting, just worried might spend a ton of money once I start.

It's possible, but that's likely just the seams of the figure. The Disney Infinity figures typically aren't one solid mass of plastic, they're actually many pieces stuck together. Folks that custom paint them use a heat gun to loose up the glue so they can pull it apart and paint the pieces individually before reassembling them.
(Looks at my Mr. Incredible figure) Hmmm, it appears you're right. My mistake.

The PS exclusive is kinda cool looking but no way I am shelling out that much. I am guessing at some point it will hit clearance somewhere though

Collector's edition doesn't seem worth it.

Collector's Edition includes Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) video game, Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) base, Marvel The Avengers Play Set and six figures — Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Hulk

It is essentially the Marvel starter kit with Captain America, Hawkeye and the Hulk (early release) and a display stand (looks kick ass but I'm also CAG)

Also includes two Toy Box game discs, a poster, a Web code card and an exclusive Frost Giant Boss Battle display stand with battery-powered LED lighting

I'm trying to figure out the Two Toy Box game disc but I think I'll pass on this. I got the Starter Kit and the Spider-man set for pre-order for $65 so I'll stick with that.

Thanks for the heads up though.

If you're not a GCU member, that's a $105 difference in price between the standard starter kit and the collector's edition.

Considering you get a free figure for pre-ordering at no extra cost, that $105 difference is getting you two extra figures and that massive base.

Considering the figures are at most $15 a piece, that's $75 just for the display base itself.

Man, I dunno if it's worth that.

Right now Best Buy doesn't give you a free figure with the collector's edition and they added 3 Guardians and the Hulk as figures you can get for free so basically it's

$75 for the game, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, and figure of your choice (Hulk on the 28th, Captain America, Hawkeye, Venom, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax, Iron Fist, or Nick Fury)

$180 for the game, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, and a light up stand with a frost giant attached to it

$250 for the game, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, and a light up stand with a frost giant attached to it AND a 12GB PS3. I'm assuming you can sell that

I don't believe the PS3 bundle includes the glowly base.

If it weren't for the fact that I played 1.0 on my Wii U and want to have that save data accessible to 2.0 (assuming it does) I'd be rather tempted to pick up that PS3 bundle. I've yet to own a PS3.

Collector's edition doesn't seem worth it.

Collector's Edition includes Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) video game, Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) base, Marvel The Avengers Play Set and six figures — Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Hulk

It is essentially the Marvel starter kit with Captain America, Hawkeye and the Hulk (early release) and a display stand (looks kick ass but I'm also CAG)

Also includes two Toy Box game discs, a poster, a Web code card and an exclusive Frost Giant Boss Battle display stand with battery-powered LED lighting

I'm trying to figure out the Two Toy Box game disc but I think I'll pass on this. I got the Starter Kit and the Spider-man set for pre-order for $65 so I'll stick with that.

Thanks for the heads up though.
You get both for 65? Where at?

Basically Best Buy put up the pre-order offer that most retailers are offering (Free figure with Pre-Order) but they accidently included the Spider-Man playset as one of those free options.

They took it down in a matter of hours, I believe, so those select few that caught it from the get-go are getting $30 worth of merch for free instead of just $15.

I know I missed the BB glitch to get the Spiderman set for free, but did I also miss an Amazon preorder w/ a free figure? or have they not offered that (yet)? I'd rather have them deliver it than have to deal w/ a preorder at BB or Target (my next best options for the free fig. deal).

Picked up my Phineas and Agent P, and price-matched a Jack Skellington at Best Buy down to six dollars. So far I've spent thirty dollars and have six of these little guys which is...pretty good, I should think?

Picked up my Phineas and Agent P, and price-matched a Jack Skellington at Best Buy down to six dollars. So far I've spent thirty dollars and have six of these little guys which is...pretty good, I should think?
Same here. From what I can tell these will work with the 2.0 game right? Or will I need to get the 1.0 software as well for these to work? I was stocking up on the figures while they're cheap and getting some as gifts for down the line.

All the 1.0 figures are supposed to work in 2.0. 

I swear, between this, Skylanders (which I am somewhat losing interest in, but still want to get some of the older figures), and the upcoming Amiibo stuff, I am going to have to get a second job. 

YMMV, but my local (Scranton, PA), Best Buy had Francesco on clearance for $9.99, Not the best price, but better than their standard $12.99. 

If you happen to be in the Midwest and near a Meijer store. They have all of the 1.0 stuff on clearance. 5-6 bucks for single figures and 15 for playsets.

Disney Infinity Figures is more quality over Skylanders figures.  I will Skip Trap Force version and get Marvel.  Activision is releasing too many FREAKING USELESS Figures.

I missed out on the Spider-Man deal too.  I really like the look of that CE, not the price, but seeing that I would buy the extra figures anyway, it might not be too bad.  GCU brings it down to $144, if they added the pre-order deal to get an extra figure with it, I might go for it.

Disney Infinity Figures is more quality over Skylanders figures. I will Skip Trap Force version and get Marvel. Activision is releasing too many FREAKING USELESS Figures.
Activision. Not satisfied until they've over-saturated the market run all their franchises into the ground.

same boat. I think we'll go all-in on Infinity 2.0 and pass on Trap Team. Just need Amazon to do the free figure preorder deal. 

Although I stand by my previous thoughts that whomever can get 4 player local co op going 1st will get ALL of my $. 

We are heavily cutting back on Skylanders, will still get Trap Team (lots of figures already, so plenty of content to play - why not?).  But, Infinity 2.0 is a definite, particularly since my sons have really jumped back into the first one and we love Marvel.  Not going all in, I'll let them pick and choose who they want (and I'll get Hulk, because you know, he is Hulk).

Just starting with disney infinity 1.0 as my daughter is showing interest. Fred Meyer has 1.0 starter kits on sale for $55, plus they have an electronics coupon that will save you $10 more making it $45 plus tax. Good through 8/2.

Just letting people know that you can get series 2 and 3 power discs for .99 if you got those coupons from gamestop.

bread's done
Back