Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, but after I played the WiiU version I never looked back.  The only thing that sucks is the the nunchuck controls... but even those aren't too terrible.

I dunno, but after I played the WiiU version I never looked back. The only thing that sucks is the the nunchuck controls... but even those aren't too terrible.
I'm still going PS4 for 2.0 - gotta have that extra horsepower. Hopefully the framerate is better than 1.0 on the PS3 - especially in multiplayer.

Definitely go with the Wii U version. I've played that and the PS3, and much prefer the Wii U for the following reasons:

• Multiplayer with one person playing off-screen on the tablet, so the other still has a full screen on the TV.
  • Building in toy box mode is much easier with the tablet.
  • 1 player off-screen, for obvious relationship retention reasons.
The main downside is that the tablet doesn't get great battery life, so your play/build sessions are limited.
You sold me, just went to get the Wii U version price-matched at best buy. Also preorder a wii u and ps4 version for 2.0 while I decide.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/303043-new-disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-trailer-spotlights-the-avengers-play-set#/slide/1

20 new figures from Marvel universe!? Damn. Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor and Iron Man have been confirmed of course. Loki has been seen in a trailer so I'm guessing he's in as well. That means there's 13 more spots but possibly less since I haven't followed this thing as much as you guys have.
They also showed Spider-Man and Venom I believe as well. So that's 11 more I guess.

You guys gotta follow along:

5 Guardians of the Galaxy (Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, Starlord)

6 Avengers (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye)

Ronin (added, forgot about him)

Spiderman

Nova 

Venom

Loki

Green Goblin

Iron Fist

Nick Fury

.. so far ..

Appearing in game will include:

Mysterio, Doc Ock, Modok, Black Cat, Powerman, Cosmo (the dog), the Collector

Sidekicks are:

Yondu

Iron Patriot

Winter Soldier

White Tiger

Disney Original (term they use) confirmed figures are:

Maleficient

Merida

Stitch

Tinkerbell

Hiro

Baymax

Aladdin

Jasmine

Donald

There's also the rumor of Mulan.

(edit:  Forgot to add Donald)

So I pre-ordered from BBY a PS3 version of 2.0 with a free Spiderman Playset.  Which was a great deal

Now Disney has a DI CE 2.0 edition $180, and a Disney Originals Toy Box Starter for $60.
For someone who has been into DI 1.0 from Day 1 and have all the figures and most of the Power Discs I think I understand DI pretty well.  Most of what I have is from deals I found on this forum.  

With all of these sets ways to start out with DI 2.0 I think Disney has jumped the Shark

You are making this impossible to understand for me and I am one of your most dedicated buyers.

Think it's about time for everyone to say

fuck Disney

Definitely go with the Wii U version. I've played that and the PS3, and much prefer the Wii U for the following reasons:

• Multiplayer with one person playing off-screen on the tablet, so the other still has a full screen on the TV.
  • Building in toy box mode is much easier with the tablet.
  • 1 player off-screen, for obvious relationship retention reasons.
The main downside is that the tablet doesn't get great battery life, so your play/build sessions are limited.
Wait, how do you get the off screen multiplayer to work? I don't recall that ever working on the Wii U version. Wiimote/Nunchuk control for second player is horrendous. You will need a pro controller as well.

The Wii U version has lots of slowdowns and graphics are on low, but I'm comparing that to the PC version which is by far the best except for lack of multiplayer. Pretty amazing that if you link your console account to a disney account, you get everything on the pc/ipad versions. If I actually liked playing this game single player I would be all over the PC version since it is leaps and bounds better than the Wii U version. I haven't ever played the 360 or PS3 versions yet though.

So glad we're getting characters like Aladdin and Jasmine! Seems like they may have been listening to us afterall :D
Except not a single Disney original character in 2.0 has a playset - they're all toy box only, which sucks big time. The toy box figures should cost $5 less than the other ones due to their limited functionality.

Except not a single Disney original character in 2.0 has a playset - they're all toy box only, which sucks big time. The toy box figures should cost $5 less than the other ones due to their limited functionality.
Wait, are Aladdin and Jasmine not going to be in a playset? That's obnoxious. There goes my hope of snes Aladdin re-enactments.

Wait, how do you get the off screen multiplayer to work? I don't recall that ever working on the Wii U version. Wiimote/Nunchuk control for second player is horrendous. You will need a pro controller as well.

The Wii U version has lots of slowdowns and graphics are on low, but I'm comparing that to the PC version which is by far the best except for lack of multiplayer. Pretty amazing that if you link your console account to a disney account, you get everything on the pc/ipad versions. If I actually liked playing this game single player I would be all over the PC version since it is leaps and bounds better than the Wii U version. I haven't ever played the 360 or PS3 versions yet though.
I went and tried it last night, and couldn't figure it out. I could've sworn I was playing that way with my son right when we got it. I'll do some more digging tonight, and see if I'm giving bad info.

So I pre-ordered from BBY a PS3 version of 2.0 with a free Spiderman Playset. Which was a great deal

Now Disney has a DI CE 2.0 edition $180, and a Disney Originals Toy Box Starter for $60.
For someone who has been into DI 1.0 from Day 1 and have all the figures and most of the Power Discs I think I understand DI pretty well. Most of what I have is from deals I found on this forum.

With all of these sets ways to start out with DI 2.0 I think Disney has jumped the Shark
If you are on the internet, but can't figure out which set you want/need to buy.. you have your own issues.

CE is just that, a collectors edition base (and early Hulk)

The Marvel 2.0 comes out in September, with the 3 Avengers characters and playset.

The "toy box" set, comes out in November is TOYBOX ONLY, and comes with Merida and Stitch (who are confirmed to be releasing as singles as well). There hasn't been an announcement on an Avengers pack yet but I imagine that would be implicit in the sale of a Toybox only set.

THEREFORE.. if you want the CE, get the CE.

If you want the Avengers set, get the Avengers set.

If you want to wait for the Toybox, get the Toybox.

And after the Wii fiasco, you'd think that the jump of the shark occurred with 1.0.. and yet.. here we are, buying more product (though I'm personally not putting money into the disc collecting anymore).

I went and tried it last night, and couldn't figure it out. I could've sworn I was playing that way with my son right when we got it. I'll do some more digging tonight, and see if I'm giving bad info.
I know she and I play split screen. I believe the only way to send it to the gamepad is one player. But I like building in toybox mode with it because it shows all the stuff I'm looking for and I can just touch it to grab it.

The free figure pre-order bonus applies to both starter packs, and it looks like best buy made another mistake and has the PS4 Toy box pack  under the free figure option..

The free figure pre-order bonus applies to both starter packs, and it looks like best buy made another mistake and has the PS4 Toy box pack under the free figure option..
I don't even have a PS4 but I put an order in for the X1 copy of the game with the PS4 toy box set, makes me feel a bit better I missed out on the Spider Man deal since I can still use those figures or decide to do something with the extra set if that actually goes through.

They really did...whelp I'm ordering another set for the Wii U and I'll sell the extra Marvel Set (PS4) to a buddy of mines who has all the characters from the first DI. 

Wow - nice deal for the PS4 starter set, but I don't need the Toybox Originals since I'm getting the :360: Marvel starter set already.

Love the Baymax and Hiro figures!

EDIT: WTH. I ordered both the :360: and :pS4: versions for $51.59 with GCU. I figure I can resell the :pS4: version or both later on. 

Uhhh... guys... the PS4 Toy Box Starter Pack isn't just free with a purchase... it's just completely free when you add it to the cart with nothing else. Way to go Best Buy.

9YK1sIkl.png

Yeah I ordered one just for the heck of it. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll give us a $5 coupon for the cancellation or something.
I picked up the combo deal in multiple configs as well. I'll figure out which to keep later. Ordered a few of the free ones with different accounts. We'll see what happens.

What was it that there was a $50 gift card for something some store messed up?

What are the odds of it happening again here? My gut says absolutely zilch but that free $50 was insane so who knows.

They so missed an opportunity with the Aladdin figures.  A playset in Agrabah would have been cool, with quests to steal food for kids, escape guards, locating the lamp in the outskirts of town at the Cave of Wonders.

And the figure choice is just dumb.  Should have been Aladdin and Genie.  Genie is absolutely the star of the movie, and in light of Robin William's death it would have been a great way to honor him (although obviously the figures are planned way ahead of time).  I know I would have bought a Genie figure, game or no game - he probably would have been the highest selling figure.

They so missed an opportunity with the Aladdin figures. A playset in Agrabah would have been cool, with quests to steal food for kids, escape guards, locating the lamp in the outskirts of town at the Cave of Wonders.
It doesn't make sense that they completely left out actual Disney (non-marvel) levels. They could have thrown in Agrabah instead of having only Marvel. Seems they are shooting for a different audience while minimizing the original customers. Understand the first, not the latter. Could have had both.

It doesn't make sense that they completely left out actual Disney (non-marvel) levels. They could have thrown in Agrabah instead of having only Marvel. Seems they are shooting for a different audience while minimizing the original customers. Understand the first, not the latter. Could have had both.
You guys are making quite a few assumptions. It also remains to be seen as we haven't seen everything in this release yet. Who knows how they have things matched up. Calm down the rage just a wee bit. If you have comments, they're VERY receptive on Facebook.

You guys are making quite a few assumptions. It also remains to be seen as we haven't seen everything in this release yet. Who knows how they have things matched up. Calm down the rage just a wee bit. If you have comments, they're VERY receptive on Facebook.
If what I posted comes off to you as "rage", then you clearly don't want to see me angry. All I said was I their choices for Aladdin were dumb. I'm allowed to question their design choices, aren't I? It isn't like it is going to prevent me from buying it, I'm just saying "this would have been better". And the other guy's comments were similar. Calm down the defensiveness some and grow a skin.

Rage? LOL. I'm not angry. I just think they missed the boat. I didn't make any assumptions, either.. They just had the Infinity 2.0 summit. The structure has already been explained. The playsets are Marvel. That's why they Toy Box starter pack comes with Disney original figures. There are no playsets for non-marvel out of the box.

It's still showing up as free, I put in an order with Diablo 3 for shits and giggles. I was going to pick up the game anyways so if they actually do honor the order it'll be a pleasant surprise.

I agree that it's annoying that DI 2.0 doesn't appear to have any non-Marvel playsets. They basically made "Disney Infinity Marvel" rather than Disney Infinity 2. I'm not sure how much my daughter is going to like this new version, other than the Toy Box mode.

bread's done
Back