Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Does yours have a ship date? Mine, for some reason, still doesn't.
No ship date, main reason I got one day shipping was I wanted to make sure I get it release day, wasn't sure if the prime two day would get it to me on Tuesday. But I've had things get to me prwtty fast, so if it shops tomorrow or Monday I should get it Tuesday.

I just noticed 360 is unavailable. I got PS4.

Just so you guys know, if you have GCU and don't have a Target red card, it is only $1.02 more to get a playset and two disc packs at Best Buy than it would be to get a playset and the two free disc packs at Target. So if you don't want to deal with the possibility of them being sold out or don't want to waste the gas, get them at Best buy. I already have my starter pack preordered at Best Buy so it is just simpler for me to get my playset from there instead of driving down to Target. FYI, if you do have the red card, the difference in price is closer to $3, which might be worth it for some and if you don't have GCU, then obviously Target is the place to go because you would save $8.94 without the red card and $12.44 with it.

I just got a shipping notification from BB for my PS4 2.0 Starter set.
I got shipping information from them yesterday for my Starter set. However, it still isn't tracking. Just billing info received so I doubt I will get it today.

Especially considering they shipped three other orders to me yesterday slightly before that are all tracking and will deliver today.

Just so you guys know, if you have GCU and don't have a Target red card, it is only $1.02 more to get a playset and two disc packs at Best Buy than it would be to get a playset and the two free disc packs at Target. So if you don't want to deal with the possibility of them being sold out or don't want to waste the gas, get them at Best buy. I already have my starter pack preordered at Best Buy so it is just simpler for me to get my playset from there instead of driving down to Target. FYI, if you do have the red card, the difference in price is closer to $3, which might be worth it for some and if you don't have GCU, then obviously Target is the place to go because you would save $8.94 without the red card and $12.44 with it.
Or see if you can get BB to match the offer but its very YMMV.

If they won't straight up match Targets deal I think I will still get them a BB. I have GCU and I don't want to get into the discs this time anyway. So $56 compared to $70 at Target and not getting started on the discs is worth it to me. Plus I think I have a 10% movers coupon in my wallet that should stack, making it even cheaper.

Anyone know what will happen if I return my shipped preorder starter pack to the store without the free bonus figure? I want to try and repurchase it with two figures to get the third one free.

Anyone know what will happen if I return my shipped preorder starter pack to the store without the free bonus figure? I want to try and repurchase it with two figures to get the third one free.
They will probably only give you back a portion of what you paid for the starter pack...

seems like Disney forgot to put some money in gamepots pocket
Hey, I'm glad they're honest. I don't have high expectations for 2.0 because 1.0 was pretty mediocre from a game standpoint, and a year of development time wasn't ever going to fix that. Disney doesn't have the need to change much - they're still making money hand over fist. When it's all said and done I'm guessing that 7 will be generous if anything. The physical toys bring value but the game itself has never been compelling.

seems like Disney forgot to put some money in gamepots pocket
The review seemed to focus on the Toy Box mode, which doesn't matter to me much. I did mess around in it to get trophies in the first version, and had some fun doing it, but I preferred downloading the pre-built ones or playing the charcter specific challenges. I would like a feature similar to the Lego games, where, after you beat a play set's story, you can play with any character in that world. This would give me more use out of the characters without playsets. The score seems about where I would put the first one, and this sounds like more of the same, but with Marvel characters and levels. I'd like to see them make a leap in game quality like Skylanders did with Swap Force, but that will take more than one more year of development, like Alan said. I'm still excited.

Most of the people buying this game will not look at any reviews. It's not that they don't matter but they just aren't very relevant to this type of title or any titles aimed at kids or licensed properties.

So I noticed that my 0.00 Spiderman set that comes with my DI 2.0 is listed as:

Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Status Not Available.

Looking at my other orders, this is a bit weird.   They all say something else, even the Wii games I ordered on Bestbuy yesterday that has 2 of the 3 games shipped.   The one not shipped yet says it's being processed, yet this just says N/A.

:headache:

Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Status Not Available.

Looking at my other orders, this is a bit weird. They all say something else, even the Wii games I ordered on Bestbuy yesterday that has 2 of the 3 games shipped. The one not shipped yet says it's being processed, yet this just says N/A.

My Spider-Man set is in the same status. I thought for sure I had set it to in-store pickup like my Starter Pack, but apparently I screwed up and now it's in limbo.

Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Status Not Available.

Looking at my other orders, this is a bit weird. They all say something else, even the Wii games I ordered on Bestbuy yesterday that has 2 of the 3 games shipped. The one not shipped yet says it's being processed, yet this just says N/A.

that normal and happens sometime dont over react unless the release date passes. My bravely default CE and another pre order item both said that before and I still recieved my items on release date

Hey, I'm glad they're honest. I don't have high expectations for 2.0 because 1.0 was pretty mediocre from a game standpoint, and a year of development time wasn't ever going to fix that. Disney doesn't have the need to change much - they're still making money hand over fist. When it's all said and done I'm guessing that 7 will be generous if anything. The physical toys bring value but the game itself has never been compelling.
IGN ripped it worse, a 6.8, and most of their complaints were with the Avenger's story pack. I can see a grown up not being really fond of it, same with the first one. I would probably just get the figures if my kids weren't really into it. They love it, particularly my youngest. The Toy Box gets the most playtime, and he loves the roam around and do anything style of play, if that isn't your thing and you don't care about world building, just get the cool figures to display. It's not for everyone. Were taking a limited approach to it this year, only getting a couple extra figures off the bat (I'm letting them pick when it comes out) and they will probably get the GotG Playset and maybe Spider-man for Christmas if they are still into it and there are some good sales. Skylanders is also seeing a big drop in our investment, with a focus on sale prices.

I can see a grown up not being really fond of it, same with the first one.
Urk. I have a surprise pre-order of 2.0 for my brother-in-law, who's my age (28), has a Playstation 4, buys toys on occasion, and likes Marvel. It seemed like a good idea in hindsight, but now I'm considering cancelling the order for his while I can.

I don't know. So many bad reviews with this is like Destiny a few weeks ago. Reviews were/are ripping Destiny but I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

I saw some videos of 2.0 and think it looks absolutely amazing. On top of that, the complaints I keep hearing about are all the same things that were in 1.0.

So I'm wondering if these sites see Marvel characters and think the game is supposed to be better and something years more advanced than 1.0. When it comes down to it, it's still Disney Infinity. And if you liked the first then this one will be even better. But if you had gripes the first time around then this one probably won't change your mind.

I can't freaking wait for it and I'm 31! I have a 4 year old that can't wait either but that's beside the point.

To anyone who missed the coupon for the $10 off a $75+ Disney Infinity regular priced Disney Infinity purchase, TRU was kind enough to send me an exclusive coupon that is NOT single use to use on my site. So if you want one, be sure to head on over! http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/09/19/exclusive-toys-r-us-disney-infinity-coupon-midnight-opening-deals/

Also, TRU confirmed the following deals...

For Toys 'R' Stores opening at midnight (sales are valid 12AM-1AM instore only)

• 20% OFF all Disney Infinity accessories
  • 2 for $55 All Disney Infinity playsets
    Offers cannot be combined

Release Week Sales for Toys R Us (sales are valid Tuesday through Saturday)

• 3 FOR $33 ALL Disney Infinity single figures
  • 3 FOR $10ALL Disney Infinity Power Discs Must buy 3 for offer.
    Offers cannot be combined.

Thanks again to TRU for the help!

Hmm, when I get home tonight I'll have to compare GCU pricing versus TRU with the $10 coupon stacked with those sales.
The $10 off coupon wont work with their sale prices. Since the coupon is only good for a "Regular Priced" purchase the only thing it will work on is the starter pack I think.

What a worthless coupon then.

Will the 3 for $10 power disc sale combine with the 20% off accessory midnight sale?

I have a question for you guys. I ordered the starter pack and free figure through gamestop.com with in store pickup. Do any of you know if they will be available on Tuesday when it's released? Have any of you done store pickup on pre-orders and been able to get the game the first day? Thanks.

I have a question for you guys. I ordered the starter pack and free figure through gamestop.com with in store pickup. Do any of you know if they will be available on Tuesday when it's released? Have any of you done store pickup on pre-orders and been able to get the game the first day? Thanks.
It will absolutely be available on Tuesday morning. As a matter of fact, you might want to see if there is going to be a midnight opening for Fifa and your store. If so, you could even pick it up then.

I'm looking for deals on Rapunzell, Ralph and Anna.....the only figures my kids don't have. That way they can get the lightsaber.

Man, the reviews for this are pretty bad.  At this point, my son is so nuts over Skylanders, I'll get him that and will skip DI2.0 for now.  I might get it if it's a crazy deal (like

Ok, I'm sorry I have to ask this but I'm new this infinity stuff. I ordered the Starter pack and toy box pack from the best buy glitch. Is there any difference between the two as far as the games go? From my understanding you're just getting different characters and discs right? But both come with the game and game pad?

Man, the reviews for this are pretty bad.
Yea, except the reviewers are Infinity first timers who are mad that the Avengers universe is all the games comes with, developed for younger kids, and are mad that characters are locked to playsets. All similar complaints to the first one. (well except the first one came with 3 completely different universes instead of the 1) In fact, listening to the complaints.... there isn't any noticeable difference between 1.0 and 2.0.

Ok, I'm sorry I have to ask this but I'm new this infinity stuff. I ordered the Starter pack and toy box pack from the best buy glitch. Is there any difference between the two as far as the games go? From my understanding you're just getting different characters and discs right? But both come with the game and game pad?
The Toy Box (November) pack doesn't come with the Avenger playset or any of those Avenger figures. Good luck finding them separately.

In November iron man and black widow will be bundled with the avengers playset. Thor will be available as a single at the same time.

Yea, except the reviewers are Infinity first timers who are mad that the Avengers universe is all the games comes with, developed for younger kids, and are mad that characters are locked to playsets. All similar complaints to the first one. (well except the first one came with 3 completely different universes instead of the 1) In fact, listening to the complaints.... there isn't any noticeable difference between 1.0 and 2.0.
The Toy Box (November) pack doesn't come with the Avenger playset or any of those Avenger figures. Good luck finding them separately.
So it's the different figures plus the avengers play set and the toy box set comes with different characters and no play set?

Man, the reviews for this are pretty bad. At this point, my son is so nuts over Skylanders, I'll get him that and will skip DI2.0 for now. I might get it if it's a crazy deal (like <$20) or maybe the toybox set or whatever that is called. Or, and this is most likely, I'll just get the figures we like to play with as action figures and save for DI3.0....assuming they fix what didn't go well with this version.
I'm kind of starting to feel the same way. I got in on spiderman playset as my free preorder figure from best buy but even with that deal I'm questioning whether to pick it up or not. I'm leaning pretty heavily toward not picking it up at this point given how there doesn't seem to be much upgrade over 1.0 and that only managed to keep my attention through the Incredibles world.

I'm looking for deals on Rapunzell, Ralph and Anna.....the only figures my kids don't have. That way they can get the lightsaber.
Dude you are literally a day late and a dollar short. My local Target had Rapunzel, Ralph, Mater and Phineas on clearance for $3.56 2 days ago and they are all gone. I totally would have helped you out.

Target had 1 xbox360 starter set on the shelf. No figures or disc. I alreeady paid mine off for ps4 at GameStop. Took a picture as proof, not sure how to post it

Need advice on the playsets guys right now I can get them both launch day at Best Buy for around $50 before tax after my GCU 20% and a 10% movers coupon. First do you think Best Buy will still have stock Tuesday evening? And second do you think other than maybe Black Friday will the price of the playsets ever be lower? Are this Infinity stuff will be xmas presents for my son so we dont need it till than.

Thanks,

p.s.

I know about the Target deal that includes the free power discs but I was going to try and avoid the power discs this time around all together.

we all should be mad about what we are forced to buy. Buying playsets is the equivalent to buying dlc the day that the game comes out. They obviously have the level ready, but are forcing us to pay more. Its kinda bullshit if you think about it.

we all should be mad about what we are forced to buy. Buying playsets is the equivalent to buying dlc the day that the game comes out. They obviously have the level ready, but are forcing us to pay more. Its kinda bullshit if you think about it.
I agree but nobody is forcing you....just don't buy it.

bread's done
Back