Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Little off topic, but does anyone know if the 1.0 playsets will work on 2.0? Especially since I'm getting it for PS4?
No. You get Toybox items or something for putting them on the base, but you can't play the Playsets because they're not on the 2.0 disc. That would be a huge waste of disc space. Especially for the 360 or WiiU versions that aren't on Blurays.

Playsets? No, it's been confirmed that playlets from 1.0 are the only things that won't move over to 2.0.

Soooo, at what point do you think it's OK to send Amazon a rage email because I have yet to receive a shipping notification on my $120 "whatever it's called" package for 2.0? Today? It feels like it should be today. Orders page says that they will email me when they have a date....

No. You get Toybox items or something for putting them on the base, but you can't play the Playsets because they're not on the 2.0 disc. That would be a huge waste of disc space. Especially for the 360 or WiiU versions that aren't on Blurays.
It shouldn't be on disc though. It could easily be added with an update. This is one of the big drawbacks of 2.0 in my opinion.

It shouldn't be on disc though. It could easily be added with an update. This is one of the big drawbacks of 2.0 in my opinion.
Ideally they would put out a free optional download for the 1.0 playsets. But since they've been telling everyone that the 1.0 playsets wont work with 2.0, I doubt they'd go out of their way to change that now.

Question?!?!? Are y'all planning on opening the figures or use them in box?
I don't know about anybody else, but I like to open mine. They take up way more space in packaging and I'm not a collector. Yeah, sometimes the figures get broken, (My cat broke Violet when he knocked over a lamp and Captain Barbosa's monkey was decapitated in a move) but I just glue them back together.

Playsets? No, it's been confirmed that playlets from 1.0 are the only things that won't move over to 2.0.

Soooo, at what point do you think it's OK to send Amazon a rage email because I have yet to receive a shipping notification on my $120 "whatever it's called" package for 2.0? Today? It feels like it should be today. Orders page says that they will email me when they have a date....
They've been updating the shipping date for people all day today. I know me and quite a few others got their shipping date today, so if you don't get yours by the end of the day I would definitely get in a chat with them and complain.

Mine will arrive on the 25th, which is okay I guess but I was really looking forward to getting it on launch day. Worth it to save a little money though I suppose.

Yeah, I open mine too. The only sealed ones I have are the crystal figures, and that was more because I haven't played with them.

Ideally they would put out a free optional download for the 1.0 playsets. But since they've been telling everyone that the 1.0 playsets wont work with 2.0, I doubt they'd go out of their way to change that now.
JV did say on Twitter that they are working to make that an option and to just stay patient. It's nice to know they are at least trying to make it work.

Not sure what delivery options you have/used.. but when I was a prime member @ Amazon they typically didn't ship out games for release day delivery till Monday afternoon at the earliest... and 99% of the time it arrived on Tuesday.

This games a damn scam, and I really liked the play sets of the first game. Cancelled my BB price error order. Not going to support this cash grab.

Aren't Wii U games on Blu-Ray discs?
Technically they are on a proprietary format. The discs hold 25 GB's. They get by without a license fee this way :) Essentially they are Blu Ray discs though especially in regards to the post you quoted since they are the same size as Blue Rays ;)

This games a damn scam, and I really liked the play sets of the first game. Cancelled my BB price error order. Not going to support this cash grab.
I also ended up canceling my BB price/package error after thinking about it more today. While I don't quite feel like it's a scam, I do feel like the reviews are making it seem like this was a very lazy sequel that's resting itself solely on the Marvel license.

Technically they are on a proprietary format. The discs hold 25 GB's. They get by without a license fee this way :) Essentially they are Blu Ray discs though especially in regards to the post you quoted since they are the same size as Blue Rays ;)
Well then, TIL. That must be quite a hefty licensing fee if it was somehow cheaper to have Panasonic manufacture them proprietary discs.

I also ended up canceling my BB price/package error after thinking about it more today. While I don't quite feel like it's a scam, I do feel like the reviews are making it seem like this was a very lazy sequel that's resting itself solely on the Marvel license.
I'm a little annoyed that there are no Disney playsets, but my daughter really likes the Toy Box mode and it looks like there are substantial improvements in the 2.0 Toy Box, so I think it will still have value for her.

I'm a little annoyed that there are no Disney playsets, but my daughter really likes the Toy Box mode and it looks like there are substantial improvements in the 2.0 Toy Box, so I think it will still have value for her.
I'm holding out hope that the reason Aladdin and Jasmine are 2015 releases are because they will have a playset. Three playsets seems so light after the Six that we're part of 1.0

I'm holding out hope that the reason Aladdin and Jasmine are 2015 releases are because they will have a playset. Three playsets seems so light after the Six that we're part of 1.0
This is one of many reasons this is a wait and see item for me. Wait to see if there are more playsets, wait an see if they support playsets from 1.0, wait for a lower price because this has 1/3 the gameplay as the original starter set.
Also with this year being Marvel Infinity, and with new Star Wars coming next year is there any doubt 3.0 will be all Star Wars themed? Look I love Star Wars, but I want to play Disney themed playsets.

I'm still looking forward to 2.0. From the sounds of it, it's the same issues with 1.0 and I was perfectly happy with it despite the flaws.

That said, I have this feeling they're planning plenty of other play sets, all Disney themed. Just because they say all the figures have been announced doesn't mean there aren't going to be anymore play sets.

I think it will be interesting to see what comes in 2015 but that doesn't change the fact that this is a day one purchase for me. I'll be picking up the PS4 CE and all the extra figures and playsets tuesday. I really enjoyed 1.0 infinity and I don't see why I wouldn't like 2.0 

Cancelled my PS4 preorder today.  These reviews are just brutal.  IGN, Gamespot and now Game Informer all ripping the game, saying there is much much less content than DI 1.0.  The included avengers playset was stated to take 3-5 hours (where each of the 3 included playsets in DI 1.0 were 3-5 hours), and that the gameplay is painfully repetitive. 

Really disappointed.  Enjoyed the first game quite a bit.  Not gonna shell out that kinda money for a half-assed cash grab.

Since when is a 7-7.5 average brutal? Even from sites that skew toward inflated numbers, a 7 tends to mean it's a game for a limited audience. I'm excited. I'm hoping for something as entertaining as Skylanders, which isn't incredible but does a great job letting me reconnect with my youth.

Though I'm a bit worried I got shipping confirmations today for everything except the premium starter pack from Amazon.

I'd get all the cancellations if this was skewing a 4 or 5/10 average, but it's still a solid C.

Since when is a 7-7.5 average brutal? Even from sites that skew toward inflated numbers, a 7 tends to mean it's a game for a limited audience. I'm excited. I'm hoping for something as entertaining as Skylanders, which isn't incredible but does a great job letting me reconnect with my youth.

Though I'm a bit worried I got shipping confirmations today for everything except the premium starter pack from Amazon.

I'd get all the cancellations if this was skewing a 4 or 5/10 average, but it's still a solid C.
The score doesn't mean anything to me, the text of the reviews themselves is what drove me to cancel my preorder. Hearing from multiple reviews that there's less content and almost zero growth/innovation on the brand in this game is what made me say nope to spending full price.

I mean shit, it's downright lazy that they didn't do anything with the 1.0 play sets aside from make them drop items for toy box mode.

See, I think they knew they were going to get slammed in reviews for too little content but I think they also figured that since their target market sees marvel figures on the shelves they won't care about reviews or how much content is in the game and still get their parents to buy it for them. Like I said earlier, they're relying purely on the Marvel license rather than bringing new and compelling gameplay much in the same way they'll probably do next year when Star Wars rolls around.

Why not just buy the $19.99 2.0 digital copy? I'm buying it with the eshop credit that I got half off thanks to the Kongregate coupons.

Everyone is complaining about the price and how this game is going to be a ripoff. At least they are offering a digital solution now. All I care about is getting the Guardians of the Galaxy set for my kid so that works out. If he wants to get the Avengers in the future, I'll just wait for a playset sale

Why not just buy the $19.99 2.0 digital copy? I'm buying it with the eshop credit that I got half off thanks to the Kongregate coupons.
I'd love to do this, but I have to get a whole kit on Xbox One. That said, I'll still be picking it up, I just won't be getting figures/playsets until there are deals. I enjoyed the Toy Box enough in 1.0 and am interested in seeing what other players will make with this new better Toy Box.

The thing about the text in these reviews is they're saying the exact opposite from one to another: one says the play sets are no better than the Incredibles set from 1.0 which was the worst of them all, the next says it's more or less the same as the Incredibles which was the best part of 1.0. All praise the improvements to the toybox. Half say the combat is much better, half shit on it for taking too long to power up the characters.

Im holding out hope they might integrate the old play sets down the line, and that they'll announce a few new ones before 3.0. But even if they dont, I'm looking forward to this as a game I can turn on a podcast and give it minimal attention as I relax.

Fair enough most wouldn't pay msrp for an average game... I suppose I'm different there since half the genres I most enjoy rarely get scored higher than a 6 or 7.

Its your money. Nothing wrong with waiting for a sale.

My son and I are still looking forward to the game and for those worried about repetitive games - I grew up with an Atari 2600 - all we played were repetitive games! You kids are so spoiled.  O:)

I see a lot of people are waiting to see if 1.0 playsets are coming to 2.0 sometime in the future. It appears they will not be.

https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/status/513686862351712256

I'm a little disappointed but ultimately it's no big deal for me as I would have only played through the 1.0 playsets once each. I know this might affect some people's purchase decisions though.

I see a lot of people are waiting to see if 1.0 playsets are coming to 2.0 sometime in the future. It appears they will not be.

I'm a little disappointed but ultimately it's no big deal for me as I would have only played through the 1.0 playsets once each. I know this might affect some people's purchase decisions though.
I don't see how dropping something like 30-40 hours of potential game play is alright. Especially when all you get is 5 hours with the starter set. I look forward to the improvements to the Toy Box, but in 1.0 my daughter and I barely touched that part of the game.

I find it interesting. He almost seemed to be saying it won't be coming to 2.0, but possibly 3.0. I wish they crossed over because the only playset I've 100% completed is Lone Ranger, but I will just switch discs or get the free download. It's not a deal breaker for me.

I don't see how dropping something like 30-40 hours of potential game play is alright. Especially when all you get is 5 hours with the starter set. I look forward to the improvements to the Toy Box, but in 1.0 my daughter and I barely touched that part of the game.
I plan on spending most of my time in the Toy Box anyways as it's vastly improved and playing through playsets multiple times using different characters, so it's ultimately not that big of a deal for me. Not saying others will feel the same way, just how it is for me.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not but it appears JV has confirmed that Loki (and the other 4 Marvel characters yet to be released, I assume) are coming out in January.

https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/status/513685673065213952

Know what I'm thinking?

1.0 playsets won't be coming to 2.0...

But Disney Infinity 1.0 will be coming as a free download to all the consoles.

It's a request I know they got hit with a lot (since I was one of those who requested it). And he didn't rule it out completely by saying 1.0 playsets won't be available anywhere other than 1.0. So I'm staying hopeful.

As someone who has 1.0 on the Wii U and is looking forward to 2.0 on the PS4, I hope they do it so I could get some good trophies and a reason to play through 1.0 again.

Having already played through all 6 of the original playsets I don't really see a problem with them not working in 2.0. Most sequels don't contain the original game in them so I'm not sure why this would be different?

Releasing a free/cheap 1.0 to get people who started with 2.0 and then go back and get the old worlds does seem like something that they may do though. 

So the family just decided that they wanted this along with the original 1.0 game. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting hard to find figures from 1.0? Like some places that you might not normally think to buy them? 

The staff at the Disney Infinity Official Boards say that none of the characters have been discontinued but I cannot seem to find violet anywhere. Everything else I have managed to find. Couldn't find Syndrome and Randall alone but I did manage to find a Villians pack at Walmart. Cannot seem to find Violet though anywhere that's not $30+.

On the 2.0 front I went with the PS4 version along with the Guardians of the Galaxy set. Seems like the only type of GotG game that we will have aside from the mobile stuff. 

I find it interesting. He almost seemed to be saying it won't be coming to 2.0, but possibly 3.0. I wish they crossed over because the only playset I've 100% completed is Lone Ranger, but I will just switch discs or get the free download. It's not a deal breaker for me.
I thought the same thing when I saw the post, but now I think he just randomly ends tweets with ellipses.

I thought the same thing when I saw the post, but now I think he just randomly ends tweets with ellipses.
After seeing the post where he said the villains would be coming in "January..." I agree. He either does it randomly or he is just really sick of answering the same questions over and over and over... or he just doesn't know how to use them properly.

Has anyone that ordered from Amazon got a shipping confirmation? I ordered the premium value bundle and just chatted with a rep who told me it won't ship until Tuesday, since that is when it releases.

I would check 2nd and Charles or any similar trade-in store. I have seen plenty of loose figures and playsets there in the past.

So the family just decided that they wanted this along with the original 1.0 game. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting hard to find figures from 1.0? Like some places that you might not normally think to buy them?

The staff at the Disney Infinity Official Boards say that none of the characters have been discontinued but I cannot seem to find violet anywhere. Everything else I have managed to find. Couldn't find Syndrome and Randall alone but I did manage to find a Villians pack at Walmart. Cannot seem to find Violet though anywhere that's not $30+.

On the 2.0 front I went with the PS4 version along with the Guardians of the Galaxy set. Seems like the only type of GotG game that we will have aside from the mobile stuff.

I swear that I saw Violet just the other day. I just can't remember where. It was either Sam's Club or the Microsoft store...sorry I'm not more helpful.

Edit: It was Sam's Club. I'm looking at 4 of them right now

Has anyone that ordered from Amazon got a shipping confirmation? I ordered the premium value bundle and just chatted with a rep who told me it won't ship until Tuesday, since that is when it releases.
I haven't received a shipping confirmation for my premium value bundle but it does say it will be delivered by 8pm on Tuesday. I did receive a shipping confirmation for my power disc order this morning. I have one other order of the guardian playset and some figures that I havent received shipping confimation yet but guaranteed delivery on Tuesday.

Question on Target return and rebuy.

If I buy 3 figures I want this Tuesday at Target can I just go back to Target on Sunday and do a return and rebuy on the buy two get one free promotion starts?

Don't want to get sold out and don't want to pay $11 each by doing the deal at TRU

Thanks

bread's done
Back