Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants a digital Disney Infinity Marvel Prima strategy guide, I got these with a pre-order but won't be using them. One is PS4 the other is PS3, unfortunately I don't know which is which

http://www.primagames.com/games/disney-infinity/guides/wsg-disney-infinity-marvel
b5u7-dhm2-ksh5-h3aw
5jw9-f4vc-k9xv-emz4

here's another that says bonus content, not sure what that includes
http://redeem.screenpapermedia.com/wgc/
INF6MCEVKJ6S
Thanks! Used the first code. Looks like it's just a sampler for the full guide, but it's probably still useful.

Best Buy just let me pick up the DI2 starter kit. They didn't even hesitate, I showed them the text I got saying to come get it and they gave it to me. Didn't have anything on the shelves yet. I'll see what figures are out later, still have the Spiderman set on it's way from Best Buy. Got the shipped notification, just not sure when it will get here.
Interesting. Tempted to bring in my e-mail printout and see what happens but I have a feeling it'll be flagged at checkout.

Anyone having problems at Best Buy with the Collectors Editions of Infinity 2.0. On the Best Buy website they have the starter pack pictured not the collectors edition with the frost giant statue. I pre-ordered mines in store and when I went on Saturday to see if they knew something about it, they didn't. The girl checked in the back of stock and said she didn't see any collectors edition. to come back on release day and see if they have shipped it ups. Kinda worried here.

got my Best Buy to give me the Phineas and Agent P pack for the $8.79 with price match... just showed them my Best Buy cart on my phone and they adjusted it

Interesting. Tempted to bring in my e-mail printout and see what happens but I have a feeling it'll be flagged at checkout.
I didn't have to have the email (even though it said to bring it). I do have my Best Buy account set up to text when an in store pickup is ready and usually the text is good enough for them. She didn't even ask to see the text, just asked my name and had to show my ID and the CC card I ordered it on. No hassle at all at mine. I was braced for the "we can't give it to you until tomorrow". I did call and ask before I went though. This was at the Eastgate Ohio location.

UPS just texted and said my Best Buy package will be delivered tomorrow (Spiderman playset).

Good for you guys who got in on the free Spider-Man playset error/glitch. I wish I could of convinced my son on this game over Trap Team a few days earlier.

Anyone having problems at Best Buy with the Collectors Editions of Infinity 2.0. On the Best Buy website they have the starter pack pictured not the collectors edition with the frost giant statue. I pre-ordered mines in store and when I went on Saturday to see if they knew something about it, they didn't. The girl checked in the back of stock and said she didn't see any collectors edition. to come back on release day and see if they have shipped it ups. Kinda worried here.
I don't think any of the store received the collectors editions until this morning. I got and email saying it was ready for pickup tomorrow morning, so they probably all arrived today.

Are we all assuming that the Amazon Premium Value Bundle is just the regular game without any special packaging? (+ all of the extra figs etc. obviously). Mine isn't due to arrive until Wednesday, so I was thinking of just buying the ps4 version from Target tomorrow,  then returning the box I get from Amazon to Target after it arrives Wed. night. (I only have Tues. and Wed. off so I want to get as much time in as possible.)

Are we all assuming that the Amazon Premium Value Bundle is just the regular game without any special packaging? (+ all of the extra figs etc. obviously). Mine isn't due to arrive until Wednesday, so I was thinking of just buying the ps4 version from Target tomorrow, then returning the box I get from Amazon to Target after it arrives Wed. night. (I only have Tues. and Wed. off so I want to get as much time in as possible.)
I would says its just the regular game. Even the Playstation collectors edition is just the regular retail package from the unboxing video I watched on youtube.

I know some of you are getting confirmations of shipment for the free Spider-Man play set from the glitch. But forgive me if I didn't notice it already said.. Did anyone who got the glitched deal get a confirmation for in store pick up?

I'm assuming if they honored this glitch then they'll honor the toy box starter pack one as well.

O.k so I went to Best buy again tonight and I talked to the Department Manager for the Video game section. He said that 5 people pre-ordered it but only 3 came. So they were short 2, I'm garanteed to have 1 since I was the 2nd one to pre-ordered it. It's who ever pre-ordered it first come first served.

O.k so I went to Best buy again tonight and I talked to the Department Manager for the Video game section. He said that 5 people pre-ordered it but only 3 came. So they were short 2, I'm garanteed to have 1 since I was the 2nd one to pre-ordered it. It's who ever pre-ordered it first come first served.
You've just validated my decision to never preorder from a physical Best Buy store.

I thought a pre-order was supposed to be a guarantee of your copy being there for you on day one? Maybe I've just been spoiled by GameStop. I've never had a pre-order that wasn't there for me to pick up, regardless of how early (or late) I went.

I rarely ever preorder a game anymore, I've run into too many issues with them, mainly that exact situation. Unless it's a preorder bonus I really like that I'm guaranteed to get, such as the Hyrule Warriors DLC, I won't preorder. But really, how do they only get 3 copies for a certain system? I would assume they'd be stocking plenty for the upcoming holiday season. What system is it?

Ok, I was one of those that got in on the Spider Man play set pre-order glitch a few months back. I pre-ordered the Wii U starter pack in that deal, and it shipped out on the 19th. My Spider Man play set finally shipped out earlier today.

A couple questions:

1. If I own just the Wii U starter pack of 2.0 and the free Wii U digital version of 1.0, can I fully enjoy 2.0 and 1.0, and complete both games? Or will content be locked out until I buy additional figurines?

I'm hoping to avoid the latter, for money reasons. I want to avoid buying dozens of figurines, just for one game.

And

2. As you all know, the Wii U version was recently confirmed to be in native 600p.. The lowest of all versions, which is crazy.

Can anyone confirm how this looks on an HDTV? Does it look decent or crappy? Also, how is the framerate? 60fps? 30fps? Sub-30fps with drops?

I'm a HUGE Disney fan but new to Disney Infinity, so any tips would be appreciated! Thanks! Lol.

Gamestop called me tonight to tell me that my Pre-Order for DI 2.0 CE was going to be available tomorrow.

The thing that really got my attention during the call was that Gamestop is going to start accepting trade-ins for DI figures starting tomorrow.  I thought I heard something wrong so I double checked by asking her to repeat what she said.

Normally I wouldn't trade in my figures as I plan on using them in both 2.0 and 1.0 again.

I originally had purchased 1.0 on release last year for the Wii U and I also purchased a PS3 version during the holidays last year.  

So I have three brand new duplicates of Mr. Incredible, Jack Sparrow, and Sully plus playset piece sitting in the PS3 box in my closet since there was no difference between the figures / playset piece for any system.

Going to take all of that into Gamestop tomorrow to see what the trade-in value for each is, but my guess it is going to be little to nothing since they came in every starter pack.

Probably just hold on to them as back-up or work out a deal with someone new to DI 2.0

Ok, I was one of those that got in on the Spider Man play set pre-order glitch a few months back. I pre-ordered the Wii U starter pack in that deal, and it shipped out on the 19th. My Spider Man play set finally shipped out earlier today.

A couple questions:

1. If I own just the Wii U starter pack of 2.0 and the free Wii U digital version of 1.0, can I fully enjoy 2.0 and 1.0, and complete both games? Or will content be locked out until I buy additional figurines?

I'm hoping to avoid the latter, for money reasons. I want to avoid buying dozens of figurines, just for one game.

And

2. As you all know, the Wii U version was recently confirmed to be in native 600p.. The lowest of all versions, which is crazy.

Can anyone confirm how this looks on an HDTV? Does it look decent or crappy? Also, how is the framerate? 60fps? 30fps? Sub-30fps with drops?

I'm a HUGE Disney fan but new to Disney Infinity, so any tips would be appreciated! Thanks! Lol.
1: No. You'll only be able to play in the toy box of 1.0 if you don't have any of the playsets for it. If you want to play the Monsters Inc, Incredible, and Pirates playsets, you'll probably want to pick up the 3DS version of the game, throw the 3DS game in the trash, and use the figures and playsets piece from that with your WiiU copy.

You can complete each playset with only the 3 figures that come with it.

OK, I am really confused. Are there two different "2.0" games? I wasn't interested in the Marvel stuff so I was going to skip this one till there was a sale. But then I got in on the Best Buy glitch. When I saw that 2.0 was coming out this week I thought we'd be finding out soon if those orders shipped. But it appears whatever that is doesn't have a release date any time soon. Is it a different game, or just a different play set for the game?

Every Disney Infinity 2.0 thing on Amazon seems to be Marvel-related. Then what the hell is this set from Best Buy that has Brave/Stitch stuff in it!?

OK, I am really confused. Are there two different "2.0" games? I wasn't interested in the Marvel stuff so I was going to skip this one till there was a sale. But then I got in on the Best Buy glitch. When I saw that 2.0 was coming out this week I thought we'd be finding out soon if those orders shipped. But it appears whatever that is doesn't have a release date any time soon. Is it a different game, or just a different play set for the game?

Every Disney Infinity 2.0 thing on Amazon seems to be Marvel-related. Then what the hell is this set from Best Buy that has Brave/Stitch stuff in it!?
Its the same "game", this set just doesn't come with any playsets. This set is just disc, base and 2 figures

There are two 2.0 releases, but they contain the same game disc. The Marvel release (coming tomorrow) contains the Avengers playsets piece, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, and two power discs that unlock Marvel themed mini games.

The "Disney Originals Toy Box" release is coming November 4th and contains no playset. It comes with Stitch, Merida, and two Disney themed mini game power discs.

The game discs inside each release are identical, and you'll be able to buy the Avengers playset later by itself if you want to just start with the Toy Box release.

Clear as mud, right?

it the same thing pretty much but no marvel in the set that you recieve. I got in on same thing and best buy sent me a email saying the date for that specific starter pack will be released November 4th so we have another month to go to get ours

Here's my question. A lot of us pre-ordered the starter kit from Best Buy with the Toy Box Pack for free. After we pick up the starter kit, are they able to cancel the Toy Box Pack? And if so, would they even give us just a single figure instead.
im good with ppl at my bestbuy i was told it was a legit thing with the free playset he said he knew about it so yeah.....im picking up expecting my stuff im picking up tomorrow afternoon instore

Hah - so basically that thing (the Toy Box Starter pack) is useless unless you just want to muck around in Toy Box mode with pretty much nothing unlocked (since you won't have a play set to unlock things in). Uh, OK... Well, I won't complain if I get it for free - but it doesn't seem to be worth too much more than that if I have to go out and buy a play set as well.

I've actually been playing the first game again recently. My 4 year-old daughter was pretty much too young to play it when it came out last year, but now she's all into it. And that was especially true when I broke out the Elsa and Anna figures I picked up several months back from who knows where. They had lost interest in the game last fall so I still had a bunch of figures and even the Toy Story play set sealed in a closet. We played the Toy Story one too - definitely one of my least favorite by the way... Very un-Toy Storyish...

But maybe we can use Elsa and Anna (and the following that I have yet to open: Mickey, Skellington, Phineas and Ferb, Rapunzel, the Villians pack, and some of the Incredibles figs) in the 2.0 toy box and it will be more fun than doing that in the original game. So there is that at least.

So now my typical gaming day includes a little DI, then some Destiny, topped off with some Persona 4. That is a nice bit of variety there ;).

My set came from BB today, the glitch set thing is delayed though.

[attachment=8433:20140922_233926.jpg]

Hah - so basically that thing (the Toy Box Starter pack) is useless unless you just want to muck around in Toy Box mode with pretty much nothing unlocked (since you won't have a play set to unlock things in). Uh, OK... Well, I won't complain if I get it for free - but it doesn't seem to be worth too much more than that if I have to go out and buy a play set as well.

I've actually been playing the first game again recently. My 4 year-old daughter was pretty much too young to play it when it came out last year, but now she's all into it. And that was especially true when I broke out the Elsa and Anna figures I picked up several months back from who knows where. They had lost interest in the game last fall so I still had a bunch of figures and even the Toy Story play set sealed in a closet. We played the Toy Story one too - definitely one of my least favorite by the way... Very un-Toy Storyish...

But maybe we can use Elsa and Anna (and the following that I have yet to open: Mickey, Skellington, Phineas and Ferb, Rapunzel, the Villians pack, and some of the Incredibles figs) in the 2.0 toy box and it will be more fun than doing that in the original game. So there is that at least.

So now my typical gaming day includes a little DI, then some Destiny, topped off with some Persona 4. That is a nice bit of variety there ;).
I think you bought them on Amazon on Feb 17th. They were B1G1 and also on sale. I hadn't seen Frozen at the time, but I wish I bought Elsa and Anna anyway. I bought Jack Skellington, Mickey, Rapunzel, and Mike Wazowski.

I still haven't opened any of them. Is there any way I can play the levels without actually taking the toys out of the packaging? Maybe scan them through the plastic? It would hurt my OCD collector nature to open them. At least I opened the starter set (that I bought on AWD) :p

I wish I would have got in on the free stuff that was listed here for months. I never checked this thread even though I'm a diehard Disney fan. I'm still kicking myself.

I'm not sure if you can play DI with them in the pack. You certainly can for Skylanders. Given that I have a 4 year-old and a 6 year-old playing this with me, not opening them is really not an option ;).

saturday? smh it wasnt at the store yet lol or still in boxes

Amazon value pack is now shipping--estimated delivery Thursday. Half considering sending a complaint because I've had Prime for years and the page was advertising release day shipping all week end (and still is via the app actually). So tomorow I'll have the GotG play set and no game for 2 more days. Great.

Amazon value pack is now shipping--estimated delivery Thursday. Half considering sending a complaint because I've had Prime for years and the page was advertising release day shipping all week end (and still is via the app actually). So tomorow I'll have the GotG play set and no game for 2 more days. Great.
Complain after tomorrow comes and goes. They'll credit you for some arbitrary amount.

Oh my jesus. They fixed the ability to see whats in the power disc packs on the toy box.

To a certain extent.

The easiest disc to check are the circle ones. Especially if you have two in a pack.

Theme disc names don't show up. You have to apply the theme and if you have two themes in a pack, I don't believe you can change it to the other theme. It didn't appear so.

If you have a circle disc with a theme disc, you can't apply the theme. It won't let you.

If you have a theme disc/circle disc with a vehicle or item disc, you can't see what item drops in front of you. A great big box will show up in the middle of the screen and if you remove the pack, the item will disappear before you get a chance to see it.  If you move real quick before the box appears and while the box is popping up, you can see the item.

So basically, circle disc are easy, you can see some themes, items are ok. Its a giant pain in the ass and the theme disc will be the majority of the pain.

It was so nice and easy in the first game.

Has anyone else not had theirs ship yet? This is getting infuriating. I even sprung for the one day shipping on this thing.

Just got off the phone with Best Buy and my DI 2.0 CE edition is back-ordered with an expected arrival date of October 3 to October 15.

I already received the GOTG playset and free power disc package yesterday.

I have a pre-order at Gamestop which I had before I bit on the Best Buy deal, and was just not going to pick it up

Starting to feel based on my conversation that I may never get DI 2.0 CE from BBY.  CS Rep said I can return the free GOTG and power disc if I don't want to wait for the back-order.  

Right that is what I want to do.  Give you back the free stuff for not being able to fulfill my order.

What to do?

My starter set arrived in the mail yesterday. Spidey playset is on the way. Just ordered Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Drax from Toysrus.com.

This is going to get expensive fast....

Has anyone else not had theirs ship yet? This is getting infuriating. I even sprung for the one day shipping on this thing.
got a shipping notification overnight that my order is processing and (as of this morning) out for delivery. the $120 Amazon bundle. Which is strange because I got 0 notification before this (even to the point of changing my shipping to 1 day and chatting/emailing Amazon about not getting this release day.) I may try to get my 1 day shipping $ refunded, but we'll see.

Please if anybody hits the stores today if possible report back on stock levels. I won't be able to hit the stores till tonight around 7:00. And want to try and get both playsets at Best Buy and A set of three guys at TRU.

Please if anybody hits the stores today if possible report back on stock levels. I won't be able to hit the stores till tonight around 7:00. And want to try and get both playsets at Best Buy and A set of three guys at TRU.
I'll probably take an out-of-office lunch break to go pick up my pre-order today, so I'll let you know.

This thread is making me hesitant to pre-order any CEs at Best Buy anymore. I did alright with Bravely Default, and I love GCU, but no real point if it's never a sure thing.

Just got back from my local Target. Grabbed the GoG set (w/ 2 free disc packs), Groot, Iron Fist, and Hawkeye (pm-ed TRU for $33) and 6 packs of power discs (again, TRU pm 3/$10). 

Strangest thing: I was told that they didn't receive any Nick Fury figs. Will have to go back and grab Fury, Drax and a dupe next week. (Rocket? maybe Cap?)

bread's done
Back