Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
My spiderman set just arrived in a box that wasn't big enough. The top hanger part is bent and ripped. I'm still not sure I want to get into infinity 2.0 right now. I might exchange it in store.

I had a separate BBY.com order for the starter w/ a free figure on it.
Sorry for so many questions but two more.

Was your bby.com order shipped to you?

Did you get the free figure with your bby.com order originally?

What did you take in to the store to get the deal?

Thanks

Just got my Amazon order delivered, and got back from Target with my GOTG set and 2 free packs. I was able to PM TRU to get 3/10 on the disc packs, first they told me they don't PM TRU, then after they did they got pissy because I showed them the ad on my phone, and they HAVE to use the stores Ipad, which they didn't, and they told me AFTER they finished the transaction. I swear I never get this much trouble PMing at BB.

Good luck finding power discs in the Beaverton Oregon area. Was just at Target and after I grabbed my handful, some douchebag and his junkie girlfriend came in and bought the rest of them to resell on eBay as complete sets. Must've grabbed 40 or 50 packs.
actually why i bought from amazon = )

Thanks for the tips on scanning the packs. Gonna try to exchange the packs i got today. After four packs after i opened the first i scanned one that had one of whats in that pack in the third and fourth.

In other words if that was confusing.

Pack 2: white tiger team up/winter soldier team up
Pack 3: white tiger/ ? Hex
Pack 4: winter soldier/ ? Hex

Didn't bother checking the hexes thinking i want to try to go back and not get any dupes in 3 or 2 other packs

Which makes these 'gotta collect em all' BS all the more dumb. How many of THESE items do you think we'll see added to the toybox's next year when Star Wars does come out.

Star Wars is Crazy popular with kids these days. They probably like Star Wars more now then kids 20 years ago ever did. It's bigger then Avengers is and that says allot.

People put the unopened packs on their Disney Infinity base and it reads the disc without opening them. Lets you see if you need them without opening packs and finding duplicate discs that you already own.

Really useful, when your looking for those last 1-3 discs and have a 3/40 chance to find one of them or 100% waste your money on something you already wasted your money on.
glad im not the only one who knows that lol i try not saying talking about that in my area so scalpers dont pick the TRU and best buy etc dry but they do anyway smh for ebay etc......i gave up on break and mortar and order from amazon now put them on the base see if its what i want if not exchange = )

Nothing you can do about scalpers besides hope they go broke..

Just because the playset pieces don't WORK with 2.0.. they unlock stuff in the Toybox.

Daughter just spent an hour in her INterior (house) dead quiet.  She's sold.  Game just paid for itself in my eyes.

Had the game pre-ordered from Best Buy with the Spiderman Playset but went to TRU to get some figures and discs today.  Ended up with 9 power disc packs ($30 = 3 x $10), 3 figures ($33), and the power disc album ($10).  With tax, it was a bit over $75 so I tried the coupon (what the hell) and they took the additional $10 off and got it all for $68.99 (including WA sales tax).  Not too shabby and obviously YMMV but if you're on the cusp like I was, I say give it a shot. ;)

Guy says the Skylanders have a fairly decent TIV.... I'll let ya'll know... I have all of set 1... a couple from giants.. and a couple of giants.. we'll see if it makes it worth it.

Hey guys heads up, when i went to TRU today i was looking for the Marvel theme power disc album and it wasn't there. I asked if they could order it online the guy said it was 5.99 shipping. I just put it in my cart online now and the shipping was free under "video game or disney movie pre order free economy shipping"

Was able to order for 5.59 after my $5 shopkick gift card :) Hurry now for free shipping on all the TRU deals!

FYI if you preorder ed from best buy and want to do the b2 g1 free there is a barcode that they are supposed to scan to get it to work correctly

Do not do that. Each figure has a unique UPC and this will not work.
Unless I misread that post, he was talking about exchanging for better quality versions of the same figures, which would 100% work. It's a fairly common thing as some of the figure have some pretty spotty paint jobs. It's understandable to want to switch them out for some better looking ones.

I had no issues at my Best Buy. CSR pressed a magic button and it worked. No manager needed and GCU went through fine. $22.38 + tax for 3 figures. Separate receipt with just the figures on it.
I drove an hour to another Best Buy and everything rang up correctly. Not sure what the problem was.

Guy says the Skylanders have a fairly decent TIV.... I'll let ya'll know... I have all of set 1... a couple from giants.. and a couple of giants.. we'll see if it makes it worth it.
Please let us know.....my kids are over Skylanders and I am looking to unload the entire Spyros Adventures, Giants and 80% of Swap Force.

Skimming the last few pages, it seems like I wasn't the only one whose GCU didn't take off the discount. Unfortunately I didn't notice until I got back home. My RZ card was definitely scanned and is listed on my receipt. Anyone have this happen? I checked out from my store around 8:30pm Eastern.

Skimming the last few pages, it seems like I wasn't the only one whose GCU didn't take off the discount. Unfortunately I didn't notice until I got back home. My RZ card was definitely scanned and is listed on my receipt. Anyone have this happen? I checked out from my store around 8:30pm Eastern.
Happened to me. Drove an hour to another store and it rang up correctly. Also east coast, and almost exactly 8:30pm as well.

GCU wasn't applying properly to purchases earlier today so I'm just assuming there was something wrong with the system.

On a happy note one of the workers specifically kept a Captain America and rung him up for free for my pick up. I actually wasn't expecting that so now I'm super excited. Now to hit up Toys r Us tomorrow for some figures and price match Woody and Mater for my collection. After that I'd only be missing Mickey and Violet for the set. I don't suppose there any play set deals? I kind of want the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Happened to me. Drove an hour to another store and it rang up correctly. Also east coast, and almost exactly 8:30pm as well.
Sounds like you may have done a return/re-buy? I'm hesitant to do that. Even though I'm very unlikely to need to buy additional copies, I'd rather not tick up my counter unnecessarily.

I just got off the phone w/ the RZ customer service line and unfortunately the "post-purchase department" (which is what I believe my phone representative said) is already closed. I'll have to try calling again tomorrow. It can also possibly be adjusted in store without dealing with a return/re-buy, but I'd like to save myself another trip out there if I can.

GCU wasn't applying properly to purchases earlier today so I'm just assuming there was something wrong with the system.

On a happy note one of the workers specifically kept a Captain America and rung him up for free for my pick up. I actually wasn't expecting that so now I'm super excited. Now to hit up Toys r Us tomorrow for some figures and price match Woody and Mater for my collection. After that I'd only be missing Mickey and Violet for the set. I don't suppose there any play set deals? I kind of want the Guardians of the Galaxy.
I was unable to get my $10 off $75 TRU coupon to work on a 2x 3/$33 figures and 1x 3/$10 power disc packs. I even tried adding on another cheap DI item not tied to a bundle offer to see if it would allow it through; no luck. Seems like using that coupon for the two add'l play sets plus a filler item would be a potential deal, but savings are minimal. Likewise, I'm not fond of Target's 2 free power disc pack offer, which would effectively be only $10 net savings (or $5 if you consider the high likelihood of a TRU BOGO deal on discs). Man, the launch deals for DI 1.0 and the GCU discount have spoiled my expectactions for what constitutes a good deal.

Sounds like you may have done a return/re-buy? I'm hesitant to do that. Even though I'm very unlikely to need to buy additional copies, I'd rather not tick up my counter unnecessarily.
Nope, I simply left the stuff on the counter in the first Best Buy and walked out. I wasn't going to pay $115 when my discount and the B2G1 granted me a total of $80.

I don't suppose there any play set deals? I kind of want the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Only one I think is Target where you get 2 free packs of power discs with purchase of any play set. If you have the red card it's 5% on top of that. I figured it made the play set $25 since I was going to pick up the power discs anyway.

Pretty sure that Best Buy as a company has lost its collective minds.  Spent a half hour on the phone yesterday trying to figure out what is up with my DI 2.0 CE and basically told it was on backorder until October.   

Got this e-mail today which also confirms that it is on backorder pasted below.   I just went to go look at my order and it says that it is preparing for shipping.

Which is it Best Buy is it backordered or is it shipping today?  

[SIZE=9pt]We're sorry. The item listed below is unavailable at the moment. We expect that it will be ready for delivery between October 3 and October 15. 

If that's okay with you, and you accept the delay and new delivery estimate, you don't have to do anything. Once your order has shipped, we'll send you the tracking information. 

However, we know this delay might be disappointing, so here are some other ways we can help:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]·         We can check stores in your area that may have your item in stock.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]·         We can order you a similar in-stock item.   [/SIZE]

·         If you prefer, we can cancel your order

Can't use Elsa and Anna on Escape from the Kyln.  :whistle2:( Hopefully someone will make something comparable in the Toy Box so my daughter and I can have a decent dungeon crawler.

Can't use Elsa and Anna on Escape from the Kyln. :whistle2:( Hopefully someone will make something comparable in the Toy Box so my daughter and I can have a decent dungeon crawler.
Only thing my wife and I did last night was the Avengers playset, which we really enjoyed. Definitely want to try those minigames. I will say Loki was annoying as balls to fight.

Can't use Elsa and Anna on Escape from the Kyln. :whistle2:( Hopefully someone will make something comparable in the Toy Box so my daughter and I can have a decent dungeon crawler.
Hmm that sucks. why not? Thought all figures were playable. Is that a glitch or something or are there more that can't be used?

Am I the only one who spent 15 minutes looking for the Marvel section of the Hall of Heroes? For a game that holds your hand, they could have been a little more obvious about the fact that there are two halls now. I ended up finding it by doing that vehicle task at the start of the Toybox and driving around behind it.

I did search for the Marvel section, but after counting the pedestals I figured it was Disney only.. backing out of it... it was listed there. 

I thought the Treasure hunt was exciting and they should have opened with that rather than forcing me right into the Avengers playset.

Reading the GS TIV list... I should have at least 1-200 in trades.  That will buy her all the stuff I refused to pay for out of pocket.  Spiderman comes today from BB... so all that's left is GotG and the figs.  If she has enough, I'll spring for the extras and get her the set.

With all the 1.0 figs in 2.0 and none of my discs (primetime TV.. didn't want to bother) I have a 49% XP bonus in 2.0.

I did search for the Marvel section, but after counting the pedestals I figured it was Disney only.. backing out of it... it was listed there.

I thought the Treasure hunt was exciting and they should have opened with that rather than forcing me right into the Avengers playset.

Reading the GS TIV list... I should have at least 1-200 in trades. That will buy her all the stuff I refused to pay for out of pocket. Spiderman comes today from BB... so all that's left is GotG and the figs. If she has enough, I'll spring for the extras and get her the set.

With all the 1.0 figs in 2.0 and none of my discs (primetime TV.. didn't want to bother) I have a 49% XP bonus in 2.0.
I found the treasure hunt exciting as well. I was lucky that when it told me to put on my playset piece I refused because I wanted to start with the toybox. Does it start with a Marvel type cut scene if you have the avengers playset piece on?

I found the treasure hunt exciting as well. I was lucky that when it told me to put on my playset piece I refused because I wanted to start with the toybox.
Same here, didn't put the playset on and started right in the treasure hunt. It was actually pretty cool and a nice way to start the game.

Pretty sure that Best Buy as a company has lost its collective minds. Spent a half hour on the phone yesterday trying to figure out what is up with my DI 2.0 CE and basically told it was on backorder until October.

Got this e-mail today which also confirms that it is on backorder pasted below. I just went to go look at my order and it says that it is preparing for shipping.

Which is it Best Buy is it backordered or is it shipping today?

[SIZE=9pt]We're sorry. The item listed below is unavailable at the moment. We expect that it will be ready for delivery between October 3 and October 15.

If that's okay with you, and you accept the delay and new delivery estimate, you don't have to do anything. Once your order has shipped, we'll send you the tracking information.

However, we know this delay might be disappointing, so here are some other ways we can help:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]· We can check stores in your area that may have your item in stock.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]· We can order you a similar in-stock item. [/SIZE]

· If you prefer, we can cancel your order
Mine showed payment validated and preparing to ship also. Now back to order received and order line status not available. Check yours again and see if changed. The bad part of mine is they already did a pre-auth. Not looking forward to another one when they get this straightened out.

They really must not know what they are doing.

Am I the only one who was waiting for Marvel heroes to pop up side-by-side with Disney characters n the Treasure Hunt, only to be disappointed?  Once Merida landed in the city and I saw a figure crawling around the building, I figured we'd finally see Spider-man.  Low and behold, Stitch.

I found the treasure hunt exciting as well. I was lucky that when it told me to put on my playset piece I refused because I wanted to start with the toybox. Does it start with a Marvel type cut scene if you have the avengers playset piece on?
There is an cutscene for Avengers that starts that story, because that is what I did, but it kind of just throws you in the fray. I didn't realize you could just go straight to the toybox and do this treasure hunt. I'll have to check it out.

So I had an awesome experience picking up my order at Best Buy last night....

I pre-ordered the PS3 Collector's Edition w/ Free GotG Playset and Power Disc pack for in-store pickup, but before picking it up I decided to go back in the gaming section and see what was on the shelf. While grabbing the remaining GotG figures I happened to notice a PS3 Collector's Edition sitting on the shelf which I thought was odd as Best Buy typically doesn't stock CE's too much anymore. Typically if you see one out it's because someone pre-ordered one and didn't pick it up within the designated time-period. After looking around a bit more I finally go up to pick up my order. They pull it and to my surprise they have pulled a regular PS3 starter pack for my order instead of the PS3 Collector's Edition. The assistant manager that is doing my order double-checks it and confirms that it's not the right item. He tries to go out and find it after we mention seeing one. After about 5 minutes, my wife walks back to grab it because we are fairly sure that it's the one I ordered. He comes back in that time frame with a little panic on his face and I tell him where I saw it. He heads back and runs into my wife as she is walking with it. Confirms that it is ours and gets it all ringed out. Kind of pissed me off they messed it up (especially when you see the differences in sizes of the boxes), but I'm glad I got it. I would have been livid had someone bought it off the shelf as I'm fairly sure that was the only one they had.

All that mentioned, I'm actually fairly impressed with the CE. The display statue is pretty damn cool and getting Hulk early was nice. I just need to go out and buy 4 "C" batteries to put in the display to get it to light up. Game has been fairly fun so far. Clunky and slow, but fun. I hope it gets better once I start unlocking more abilities on the characters.

Pics to be added.  (SEE BELOW IN SPOILERS)

Turned in my Series 1 Skylanders and a handful I had of Series 2 (3 Giants and a couple of the solo's).

With my Gamer card for Gamestop came to about $154.

That was enough, after my BB base+Spiderman, to buy every other current Marvel figure.

That's a hell of a trade in offer.

The only downside was the list they used was black and white.  It you know the names, it helped (a LOT).  So I looked up names while he looked through the alphabetized list and typed in the number.

MUCH better than their last trade offer.  Cheapest Skylanders (and there were a few) were 1.65.

Once the pics get up.. I'll add it to this post for reference.

P.S.  I THINK that the reason the Marvel and Disney are separate may be due to licensing... for the same reason the Hall of Hero(s) is separate.

Skylanders Prices:  
10659336_10204950663911503_3830062748026884066_n.jpg

1003555_10204950663991505_1878147169705900982_n.jpg

6668_10204950663951504_1521571981591173201_n.jpg

Set (so far):  
10537187_10204950664431516_1284924856026314167_o.jpg

Question. Costco has the following bundle for $170:

Starter Pack (base/Widow/Iron Man/Thor)
Ultimate Spider-Man 2-pack
Hawkeye
Captain America
Groot
Drax
Rocket Racoon
Power Disk pack

Is that a good deal or should I wait?

I got my local BB to give me the buy 2 get 1 free for buying the game. Picked up Cap, Nick Fury, and Venom. I have Rocket, Groot, and Drax coming from Toys R Us. I'll pick up Iron Fist and Hawkeye when Hulk comes out.

Now to grab some Power Discs....

Well Target is doing a B2G1 next week for the figs... so you figure right now the best deal seems to be (GCU is Unlocked at Best Buy and takes 20% off):

Starter + GCU + Free Figure with preorder = $56ish (so lets knock off Hawkeye)

Spiderman playset with GCU is around $27 (GS $40)

B2G1 at Target would likely be the next best bet (though with GCU figs come to around $11-12; YMMV some people have been able to get Best Buy to do B2G1 on figs this week) So Cap/Groot/Drax for $30 from Target (next week)

Rocket Raccoon for $11-12 with GCU

Power disc packs are what 4.99-5.99

So added up 56+27+30+12+6+Tax = 131...  $40 dollars cheaper my way.

bread's done
Back