Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Question. Costco has the following bundle for $170:

Starter Pack (base/Widow/Iron Man/Thor)
Ultimate Spider-Man 2-pack
Hawkeye
Captain America
Groot
Drax
Rocket Racoon
Power Disk pack

Is that a good deal or should I wait?
Amazon and was doing that minus 2 figures for $120, so I would say that's not a good deal if you can still get the Amazon bundle.

Edit - that Costco bundle is only $18 less than MSRP.

Well Target is doing a B2G1 next week for the figs... so you figure right now the best deal seems to be (GCU is Unlocked at Best Buy and takes 20% off):

Starter + GCU + Free Figure with preorder = $56ish (so lets knock off Hawkeye)

Spiderman playset with GCU is around $27 (GS $40)

B2G1 at Target would likely be the next best bet (though with GCU figs come to around $11-12; YMMV some people have been able to get Best Buy to do B2G1 on figs this week) So Cap/Groot/Drax for $30 from Target (next week)

Rocket Raccoon for $11-12 with GCU

Power disc packs are what 4.99-5.99

So added up 56+27+30+12+6+Tax = 131... $40 dollars cheaper my way.
Sorry but unless you are Doc Brown and have the Delorean you can't go back in time and pre-order the game

Anyone who is considering a deal out now doesn't have the pre-order

Assuming you have GCU this is what the pricing would be living in the present.

DI 2.0 $60

3 figures $22.39 with purchasing game at BBY GCU getting buy two get one free

Spider man $28

2 Additional figures at $11.19 each so $22.39

Power Disc $4.00

$60 + 22.39 X 2 + 28 + 4 = $137

No GCU

$75 + 28 X 2 + 35 +5 = $171

So the deal at Costco is MSRP basically getting one figure free

Good luck finding power discs in the Beaverton Oregon area. Was just at Target and after I grabbed my handful, some douchebag and his junkie girlfriend came in and bought the rest of them to resell on eBay as complete sets. Must've grabbed 40 or 50 packs.
Those people are the worst, it used to happen like that for Skylanders, you would see skeevy people filling up carts and walking out of stores with huge bags of them just to resell. My wife was in Target last Saturday and saw some trailer trash cleaning out the Monster High display (apparently that is a thing now), when they saw her they tried to play it off by going "hey, I think she will like this one" despite having 5 more of that one in the cart. Meth doesn't pay for itself I guess.

But, as far as Infinity is concerned, it looked like people were buying lots, but not cleaning them out at Best Buy. They still had a bunch of power discs and the only figure they were almost out of is Groot (got the last one). I pre-ordered online for store pickup and they sent Capt. America to my house (pick up was not available for that). I let my son pick out one for himself and his brother (Groot and Rocket were his choices) and was just going to go with that. While doing the pick up, I just asked about the sale paper 2 + Starter get 1 free and she said sure, as long as I didn't mind taking the time for her processing it as a return/rebuy. She told my son to go run pick out another one so he went and got Hawkeye. I wasn't going to press it if they refused, but she was perfectly willing and my son was excited. GCU came off on everything automatically with no problem.

Bought Orange box on XBL for $5 traded my physical copy into TRU for $9 so i got 3 more disc packs for a buck or so considering i have a lot of XBL credit.
Got Ghost Riders chain whip in one of them. :) One had a dupe of the helocarrier attack lady was nice enough to let me swap it when i came back to the store after scanning it at home. 12/40 collected so far no dupes. Hopefully 14 after i check this pack tonight.

Has anyone here ever had luck with a no receipt exchange at a tru? I found a crystal McQueen in my sons rewards box at home and we already have one for the first game. God knows when we bought it and how we ended up with two of them. I would like to swap it out for any of the 2.0 guys if possible.

Has anyone here ever had luck with a no receipt exchange at a tru? I found a crystal McQueen in my sons rewards box at home and we already have one for the first game. God knows when we bought it and how we ended up with two of them. I would like to swap it out for any of the 2.0 guys if possible.
I've done it before. I just said "I don't have a receipt for this but was just wondering if I could exchange it for a different one." They had no problem with it at all.

A few questions after some time in all of the sets/areas:

1) What does the Infinity Gauntlet do? My son had it under his fig. and it looked like it was charging up or something, but we didn't know how to trigger/activate it.

2) How do you save the game in the Escape from Kyln/Asgard tower defense? We played Kyln for a few hours last night and I went in this morning and nothing was saved. Played Asgard and couldn't find a "save game" option while we were running around the hub.

Iron Fist is currently the shocking front runner in my favorite character competition.

1) What does the Infinity Gauntlet do? My son had it under his fig. and it looked like it was charging up or something, but we didn't know how to trigger/activate it.

2) How do you save the game in the Escape from Kyln/Asgard tower defense? We played Kyln for a few hours last night and I went in this morning and nothing was saved. Played Asgard and couldn't find a "save game" option while we were running around the hub.

Iron Fist is currently the shocking front runner in my favorite character competition.
I was really surprised when my son knew who Iron Fist even was. And when I asked him what 3 figures he wanted Santa to bring him his first choice was him out of all the singles.

Thanks for the advice. With Smash and Pokemon coming soon, I think I will wait until 2015 to get it. Maybe by then the 1.0 figures will migrate to Five Below.

I believe once you completed the level, it should be saved and unlock the next one. Can you go back to the hub of that world and see if you can go to the next one. So if you completed up to level 5 of Kyln, then you should be able to go to Kyln level 6 from the Kyln hub.

Went to pickup my pre-order from Target...grabbed my starter kit, grabbed Cap as my free figure, and went ahead and grabbed the Spidey set as well as the 2 free disc packs promo.

I get to the register and the cashier seems to have no idea what he's doing. I explain the preorder card thing to him and he still tries to charge me the one dollar again, had to void and redo that, then he tries to charge me for the disc packs. I had some other groceries in my cart, so after I corrected him on all that I still wasnt privy to what the total would be exactly. Got home and read over my receipt and realized he processed the starter kit and free figure promo properly, but he voided and didnt re-charge me for spidey or the 2 packs.

Walked into my local Gamestop to trade a few of my double Skylander figures and pick up  a few booster packs. The store manager saw me and said hey I got something you might want and showed me a Hulk in the package. My first thought was he got it out of a collectors or that Gamestop sent one to help get preorders. He told me that every manager got on today and he didn't have the game and no one in the store did so he couldn't sell it so I could just have it. I was blown away. Glad I went in there today, lol.   

Walked into my local Gamestop to trade a few of my double Skylander figures and pick up a few booster packs. The store manager saw me and said hey I got something you might want and showed me a Hulk in the package. My first thought was he got it out of a collectors or that Gamestop sent one to help get preorders. He told me that every manager got on today and he didn't have the game and no one in the store did so he couldn't sell it so I could just have it. I was blown away. Glad I went in there today, lol.
Whaaaaaaaat!? That's so awesome!

So how do you get the free figure with my preorder to ring up? I got charged completely for the figure.

This is at best buy.

Also.. if someone looks through the Infinity 2.0 marvel characters yet?  (in the collection)... there is one that looks a LOT like the head of Thanos (bottom left I believe).  That might be wishful thinking.. but since they have the Gauntlet as a coin.. I'm not so sure.

Also.. if someone looks through the Infinity 2.0 marvel characters yet? (in the collection)... there is one that looks a LOT like the head of Thanos (bottom left I believe). That might be wishful thinking.. but since they have the Gauntlet as a coin.. I'm not so sure.
Doesn't the name show up in the collection even for the silhouettes?

Yeah, hit select and it shows the figure and their name. Probably looking at Yondu or Ronan.

On a side note, Disney apparently confirmed today there will be DLC-kind-of figures for the Disney side. The two unannounced figures are not int the game whatsoever, and will require an update to add them to the game. 

I'm interested in the Toy Box bundle with Stitch and Merida for $59.99 that comes out in November. But do you think it'll will eventually go clearance like the Skylanders Portal Owner's pack?

I got the Wii U version. It looks just as good as the 360 and PS3 versions. I actually only tried this game because it was free on Wii U. Getting a portal and the starter figures/playset piece on ebay was surprisingly cheap.

So... Anyone with the Wii U version... What's the verdict on the native 600p quality? How does it look in HD? Be honest...
I've never seen it on a different console, but I think the quality is good. The only difference I notice is on different tv's. On my HDTV, it looks great. On a non-HDTV, it's terrible, but I don't think that is the Wii U's fault. It still looks really good on the gamepad.

1.0 has been free on the Wii U eShop for a few weeks now as an incentive for Wii owners of 1.0 to upgrade to the Wii U instead of moving to a competitor's system.

tumblr_ncfysvhijF1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

Just snapped this on my Wii U. I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One copy to compare it to, but it looks fine to me. *shrug*
I played it on XB1 w/ an HDTV and I didn't see anything that looked that crisp. The graphics seem a bit dark and muddy, imo. But I haven't tried the Avengers set yet (just Spidey).

Was able to return my bby.com preorder without the free figure and rebuy it with 2 additional figures to get the third one free. Also rebought both playsets on the same transaction to use a movers coupon on everything.

So my best buy haul was :

WiiU starter set, 4 figures, 2 playsets, for only like $130 after tax.

Walked into my local Gamestop to trade a few of my double Skylander figures and pick up a few booster packs. The store manager saw me and said hey I got something you might want and showed me a Hulk in the package. My first thought was he got it out of a collectors or that Gamestop sent one to help get preorders. He told me that every manager got on today and he didn't have the game and no one in the store did so he couldn't sell it so I could just have it. I was blown away. Glad I went in there today, lol.
So he was going to sell it to his employees, but just decided to give it to some random stranger instead?

So he was going to sell it to his employees, but just decided to give it to some random stranger instead?
Nope, he would have gave it to one of the employees but no one there has the game. Gamestop Mgrs are not supposed to sell things they get as gifts (most do anyway) and if they are caught they are fired around here anyway. I wasn't comfortable chancing his job so he was going to give it to the first person that bought Infinity stuff yesterday, which was me, lol

So I had an awesome experience picking up my order at Best Buy last night....

I pre-ordered the PS3 Collector's Edition w/ Free GotG Playset and Power Disc pack for in-store pickup, but before picking it up I decided to go back in the gaming section and see what was on the shelf. While grabbing the remaining GotG figures I happened to notice a PS3 Collector's Edition sitting on the shelf which I thought was odd as Best Buy typically doesn't stock CE's too much anymore. Typically if you see one out it's because someone pre-ordered one and didn't pick it up within the designated time-period. After looking around a bit more I finally go up to pick up my order. They pull it and to my surprise they have pulled a regular PS3 starter pack for my order instead of the PS3 Collector's Edition. The assistant manager that is doing my order double-checks it and confirms that it's not the right item. He tries to go out and find it after we mention seeing one. After about 5 minutes, my wife walks back to grab it because we are fairly sure that it's the one I ordered. He comes back in that time frame with a little panic on his face and I tell him where I saw it. He heads back and runs into my wife as she is walking with it. Confirms that it is ours and gets it all ringed out. Kind of pissed me off they messed it up (especially when you see the differences in sizes of the boxes), but I'm glad I got it. I would have been livid had someone bought it off the shelf as I'm fairly sure that was the only one they had.

All that mentioned, I'm actually fairly impressed with the CE. The display statue is pretty damn cool and getting Hulk early was nice. I just need to go out and buy 4 "C" batteries to put in the display to get it to light up. Game has been fairly fun so far. Clunky and slow, but fun. I hope it gets better once I start unlocking more abilities on the characters.
I had a similar experience except they pulled a Started Pack, 2 GoTG Playsets, and 3 Power Disks. Not Sure how they worked that order out. Thankfully they had a Whole Infinity 2.0 Stand in front of the Pickup Area and had 2 PS4 CE's on the Floor. I wouldve been pissed If they didnt have my CE that I preordered.

I had a similar experience except they pulled a Started Pack, 2 GoTG Playsets, and 3 Power Disks. Not Sure how they worked that order out. Thankfully they had a Whole Infinity 2.0 Stand in front of the Pickup Area and had 2 PS4 CE's on the Floor. I wouldve been pissed If they didnt have my CE that I preordered.
Those were probably preorders that they put on the sales floor by mistake from what I'm reading here and on other forums. Many of us who ordered the CE on Best Buy.com are still waiting for it to ship and BB sent out mass backorder notices yesterday.

Those were probably preorders that they put on the sales floor by mistake from what I'm reading here and on other forums. Many of us who ordered the CE on Best Buy.com are still waiting for it to ship and BB sent out mass backorder notices yesterday.
I guess i should be glad i got mine then.

On another note i stopped by TRU to get the 3 for $10 Power Disks to add to my free BB pack. And I managed to pull 2 rares out of my 4 packs.

Has anyone with 2.0 figures verified that they work with DI 1.0. I remember disney claiming DI was going to be backward and forward compatible. I have the toybox edition ordered but might pick up some characters now if this is really the case.

Has anyone with 2.0 figures verified that they work with DI 1.0. I remember disney claiming DI was going to be backward and forward compatible. I have the toybox edition ordered but might pick up some characters now if this is really the case.
They most certainly do NOT work with 1.0. I have no idea why Disney claimed that they would, but that was a flat-out lie.

That doesn't even make sense. Why offer that and expect people to still buy the new game? Alot of people apparently don't even play outside of toy box.

There's a compatibility chart on the back of the 2.0 Starter Packs. It states that all 2.0 items only work with 2.0, 1.0 figures and power discs work with both, 1.0 play set pieces are 1.0 only.

bread's done
Back