Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get an update on their DI 2.0 CE from Best Buy for either PS3 or PS4? I have the GOTG play set and a power disc package that I got for free by pre-ordering this at BBY still sealed package.

I went ahead and picked up my DI 2.0 CE from Gamestop that I had pre-ordered prior to ordering the deal from BBY.

I'm staring at the new and sealed box from Gamestop and seriously considering opening it to start playing but the CAG in me is still hoping BBY gets their fuck together and ships me my game at my GCU price.

In my head I can justify $144 + tax from BBY for the CE with the free GOTG and power disc. I can't think of much reason I would pay $180 for the same set with a free character.

If I had any confidence that BBY would actually ship my DI CE within Gamestop's 30 day return policy I would have already opened the Gamestop one that I keep staring at in the pretty sealed box.

Has anyone got an offer from BBY to cancel their pre-order for the DI CE
Got an email that said October 8th. There is no difference in bar code between the Gamestop one and the Best Buy one so you can play the one you have and when you get the new Best Buy one you can return the new one with the Gamestop receipt. Granted it doesn't matter cause you can sell the base for $100 and Hulk for probably $20-30 on Ebay

I had no issue getting a retroactive b2g1 yesterday. The same lady who rang up my CE was there and remembered me. She just refunded one of the figures and I used the cash to buy three packs of power discs (pricematched to TRU).

Hastings has Rapunzel for $3.25 + $2.28 shipping if anyone is looking / strikes out with the YMMV Target clearance

Gohastings.com - Rapunzel
Nice, thanks. I don't even have any version if the game yet and now I have a $3 woody I found on clearance at Target, the phineas and agent p pack I bought for $9 at best buy, and now a $5 rapunzel. If I can keep finding figures this cheap my buyin to this game won't be so bad after all.

I think me and my wife did pretty good as a total. We are not messing with the power discs this time around since there are 40 of them. I am still taking my son to the trading event today at TRU just to see if he can get anything 2.0 for his 1.0 discs.

Best Buy got the Starter Pack, 4 figures (Drax, Groot, Nick Fury, & Cap) and both playsets for $130.00 after GCU and a movers coupon

TRU got the 3 figures (Venom, Rocket, Iron Fist) for $13 after a $5 off of $25 coupon and $15 in Rewards-r-us certs.

TRU exchanged an unopened Crystal McQueen for Hawkeye for no cost

Than I an going to trade in his extra Skylanders from buying the 3DS starter packs for Giants and Swap Force to pre-order him the Hulk at Gamestop.

Got an email that said October 8th. There is no difference in bar code between the Gamestop one and the Best Buy one so you can play the one you have and when you get the new Best Buy one you can return the new one with the Gamestop receipt. Granted it doesn't matter cause you can sell the base for $100 and Hulk for probably $20-30 on Ebay
Unless Best Buy never ships which is a very real possibility.

I still have 3 crystal figures sealed. Think I can exchange all 3 for 2.0 figures? Is it a hassle?
It was a little bit of a hassle since for some reason my Crystal McQueen was coming up as a return value of $0 when they scanned the UPC. I was honest and told them we didn't know when or who bought it for my son but we already had and just wanted to exchange it for another guy. He told me because of the current 3 for $33 deal he could give me $11 for it which was more than cool of him. I was fine with paying the difference but when he walked away the girl ringing me up reduced the Hawkeye figure also down to $11 to make it an even exchange.

I would say try and go today while they are still 3 for $33. I would just say they were an unwanted recent b-day gift or something and you just wanted to swap them out.

Scanned in my figures from DI 1.0 into 2.0 and noticed something interesting.  There's a spot for a Crystal Mickey - was he ever released anywhere in the US?

Well that's news to me that they take Disney Infinity product in on trade. Must be very recent because it's not listed on their app at all for any trade in value.
Started on Wednesday? I think. Skylanders and Infinity. Most of us are doing one or the other. Traded in for pretty decent values (like 150 in trades for me... and I only did Skylanders 1.0 and a smattering of 2.0).

I believe he will be released in the US in the next couple of months.
Slated for December and the "last" crystal release.

Bought 9 blind packs today. Got Infinity Gauntlet, Ghost Rider's Whip, and Spider Cycle in them. Just need Yondu to complete the rares. Only got one double and that was Cloak of Levitation.

3 for $10 is almost as good as it gets. Black fridays 2 for 1 is pretty good as well.
I'm half way expecting to see better, more frequent deals on discs this time around simply because there are 80 disc releasing over 2 months, compared to 60 discs over 9 months last time.

If they want to sell more discs, they'll have to give better deals to get people to buy so many.

The other issue to is not everyone is like the people here they don't know how many discs their is or if they should buy more and when. Last time the packs were barely different with the exception of the tru ones so mom is like we already have those.

Really the more discs there are the better, lowers your chance to get duplicates right off the bat but does make it extremely hard to get the last 10-15% of the discs your missing.   Trading will be the best alternative there.

The real issue is they're just to darn expensive retail wise.   At least if your wanting to avoid dupes.

I was a real completion nut on the original discs but now I see them mostly as the Icing on the DI Money cake.   They're not really game changing items, they mostly come off to me as in game content/items that were pulled out to create an extra money grab.

I mean really... half the fun is buying packs blindly to get your missing pieces but think about it.

Is Stitch's blaster so great that you'd pay $1.25 to buy a digital version of it in a game if it was DLC add-on content?  ($1.25 being the best price per disc atm).

When you start to think of all of this as digital purchases... who here would pay $1-3 to unlock a blind purchase item that you may already have?   Is anything on the discs valuable enough that you'd pay $3 to unlock it on your consoles digital store?   How about for $1?   Would you have bought the surfboard for $1 if it was DLC instead of on a disc?   Probably not, there would have been 60 items on that store and you'd be complaining that they're charging more for 60 items in the game then the ENTIRE game itself.   So is it really a game changing item?   

No one would buy this stuff if they paid these prices up front, but make them blind purchases and BOOM they sell 10x more of them and sucker people into buying the same thing twice.

/ENDRANT
:D/  :bow:  :D/

Really the more discs there are the better, lowers your chance to get duplicates right off the bat but does make it extremely hard to get the last 10-15% of the discs your missing. Trading will be the best alternative there.

The real issue is they're just to darn expensive retail wise. At least if your wanting to avoid dupes.

I was a real completion nut on the original discs but now I see them mostly as the Icing on the DI Money cake. They're not really game changing items, they mostly come off to me as in game content/items that were pulled out to create an extra money grab.

I mean really... half the fun is buying packs blindly to get your missing pieces but think about it.

Is Stitch's blaster so great that you'd pay $1.25 to buy a digital version of it in a game if it was DLC add-on content? ($1.25 being the best price per disc atm).

When you start to think of all of this as digital purchases... who here would pay $1-3 to unlock a blind purchase item that you may already have? Is anything on the discs valuable enough that you'd pay $3 to unlock it on your consoles digital store? How about for $1? Would you have bought the surfboard for $1 if it was DLC instead of on a disc? Probably not, there would have been 60 items on that store and you'd be complaining that they're charging more for 60 items in the game then the ENTIRE game itself. So is it really a game changing item?

No one would buy this stuff if they paid these prices up front, but make them blind purchases and BOOM they sell 10x more of them and sucker people into buying the same thing twice.

/ENDRANT
:D/ :bow: :D/
You just made me want to never buy power discs again, while at the same time, made me want to go out and buy more power discs.

Question to all you seasoned infinity vets: what kinds of deals did they have last black Friday on figures? Wondering if I should take advantage of the b2g1 or wait 2 months.

Question to all you seasoned infinity vets: what kinds of deals did they have last black Friday on figures? Wondering if I should take advantage of the b2g1 or wait 2 months.
Best deal was from Gamestop with B1G1 on Black Friday. So you got two for $14.99

Have scored numerous deals that were better down the road like Phineas or Ferb for $4.99 two months ago on Best Buy deal of the day.

Toys R Us has countless B2G1 deals, two for $20, three for $30 over the last year

I have to admit that I did the buy and search method for Series 1 last year. Then I traded duplicates to complete my set. I almost completed an entire second set for my nephew that I gave him for Christmas and still have about 10 triplicates from Series One.

Series Two I didn't even mess around with the hunt and peck method and just bought the Target Series 2 complete set. Even at $60 which is what I believe I paid which is full retail value for each piece it was considerably cheaper than Series 1.

I would have bought Series 3 if they took the same approach of launching at Target or somewhere as a complete set with a book. Nope! Not for sale this way because they didn't make as much money on Series 2 as Series 1 with this option.

So I didn't buy one single package of series 3 discs. Have it your way.

Most DLC available that I ever consider buying has a package deal available via a season pass or sale where you can several different ones for less than buying them individually.

DI not only doesn't have a deal for buying it they make you pay more than the cost of them because they are blind purchases.

I must have been drinking the DI Kool-Aid when series 1 came out last year.

DI Series 1 - $$$$$

DI Series 2 - $$$

DI Series 3 - 0

DI 2.0 Series 1 - TBD but think I'll probably buy a few here or there but I'm not going to buy 60 packs to get 40 discs

The Target B2G1 is now working on their site. Link here. I have a REDcard so with the free shipping, 5% discount, and B2G1 free - I got my order for 3 figures down to 26.58+tax or roughly 8.86 per figure.

One nice option for those who don't have the CE is you can add Hulk as one and preorder him as part of the deal with the two other figures. Also good since if you don't count the ones that are part of the starter and playset, there's only 8 individual figures and Hulk adds a ninth.

Does anyone know if Best Buy would match the Buy 2 get 1 free deal for Disney Infinity figures? Trying to stack GCU on top of it.

Does anyone know if Best Buy would match the Buy 2 get 1 free deal for Disney Infinity figures? Trying to stack GCU on top of it.
ymmv and even if they did you can not combine GCU and a price match it one or the other and is actually in writing on the official terms of the GCU program

Q: Can the 20% off benefit be combined with a price match?
A: You would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked/td-p/723505

So disappointed.. the Spiderman playset seems to be the Avenger playset (New York).  Which is a shame.  The unlockable folks only took about 5 minutes to find as they are literally in a circle.  But the hover car is far more interesting than the hover motorcycles I unlocked with the Avengers.

Venom plays like I wanted him to.  I really like the figure.  Especially the tongue.

1 coin away from unlocking Nova on the Avenger playset.  It seems like this game made levelling a bit easier (at least it feels that way).

For 1.0, a bunch of my characters are somewhere between silver and gold.  In this one.. I've noticed we already got most characters to gold.

The Target B2G1 is now working on their site. Link here. I have a REDcard so with the free shipping, 5% discount, and B2G1 free - I got my order for 3 figures down to 26.58+tax or roughly 8.86 per figure.

One nice option for those who don't have the CE is you can add Hulk as one and preorder him as part of the deal with the two other figures. Also good since if you don't count the ones that are part of the starter and playset, there's only 8 individual figures and Hulk adds a ninth.
I told myself I would only be buying Disney Infinity merch with my Swagbucks gift cards via Best Buy, but that's a damn tempting deal. Hmm.

ymmv and even if they did you can not combine GCU and a price match it one or the other and is actually in writing on the official terms of the GCU program

Q: Can the 20% off benefit be combined with a price match?
A: You would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked/td-p/723505
Might be worth a shot as it's still a better deal than getting 3 figures with GCU

I figured there would be more traders in the infinity disc thread. Theres barely anyone in there.
I thought the same thing when I had as many doubles as I had for a set. I was told about a few other sites for trading and hit them up over the week. I have only one double left and need only 8 more for the set.

I thought the same thing when I had as many doubles as I had for a set. I was told about a few other sites for trading and hit them up over the week. I have only one double left and need only 8 more for the set.
:( fuck. I'm gonna be out to dry in a few weeks when I finally get enough discs to trade.

More importantly, I wonder if anyone is still on the hunt for 1.0 discs. I've got 5 left to trade.

:( fuck. I'm gonna be out to dry in a few weeks when I finally get enough discs to trade.More importantly, I wonder if anyone is still on the hunt for 1.0 discs. I've got 5 left to trade.
I have had terrible luck with pack this time around. I picked up 6 packs at TRU and I only got 5 I needed. The same day I got 6 more delivered from Amazon and only got 6 out of those I needed. The only time I didn't get doubles was the first 3 packs I bought, lol. Guys seem to be making sets super quick so I figured if I didn't spread myself out over 2 or 3 sites it would take me forever to make a set. Since I only need 8 more commons I figure I'll try and find someone who has most if not all I need and just buy them rather then keep buying packs.

So disappointed.. the Spiderman playset seems to be the Avenger playset (New York). Which is a shame. The unlockable folks only took about 5 minutes to find as they are literally in a circle. But the hover car is far more interesting than the hover motorcycles I unlocked with the Avengers.

Venom plays like I wanted him to. I really like the figure. Especially the tongue.

1 coin away from unlocking Nova on the Avenger playset. It seems like this game made levelling a bit easier (at least it feels that way).

For 1.0, a bunch of my characters are somewhere between silver and gold. In this one.. I've noticed we already got most characters to gold.
So the Spider-man playset lets you roam the same areas as the Avengers playset? That's lame, if so.
I'm looking forward to the Guardians of the Galaxy now

I picked up my BB DI 2.0 preorder for the :360: on Friday. I had the Spider-Man playset preordered and was shipped to me already, but since I had signed up for GCU after the preorder glitch was taken down, I had to wait to get the price exchanged from the original $80. When all was said and done, my total with tax was $56 for the starter set and I had a spare $50 gift card to boot. Getting both the 2.0 starter set and Spidey/Nova for $56 is a great deal. 

Now I'm just going to wait and see about getting some of the other figures as the months progress. I'm actually saving the set for my son for Christmas (he just got Swap Force in August for his 9th birthday) and I'd rather wait and save this for later. I hate to wait myself, but oh well. 

Enjoy playing the game guys, I'll join you on December 25th!

After beating Avengers (last night) and currently working on Box cleanup (though I don't have Hulk... so I'm probably going to have to wait for 100% completion.  I've been playing Spiderman this weekend.  I just don't know.  There are somethings different (like Avengers tower right there in the center of the map below), there's not enough that I could justify it.  If anything, it seems like a waste of a cash-in.  Conversely, they've added buildings in the Spiderman map (like OzCorp).  If this were the comics, wouldn't Spiderman's Manhattan also have Avenger's Manhattan in it?  

Here's the best example I can give:

SPOILER ALERT... if you don't want to see location of boxes... then don't look!  You've been warned:

Avengers Map
map_avengers_bonus.png

Spiderman Map
map_spider_man_bonus.png

Ok this might be an odd question, but where is the Marvel Hall of Heroes section ? Found the section for 1.0 and 2.0 Disney figures but there are no statue locations for the Marvel figures that I could find.

Ok this might be an odd question, but where is the Marvel Hall of Heroes section ? Found the section for 1.0 and 2.0 Disney figures but there are no statue locations for the Marvel figures that I could find.
There's a separate Marvel Hall of Heroes that has the "statues" as holographic projections and the whole thing looks like the interior of the Helicarrier.

There is a separate Marvel Hall of Heroes. If you got to the regular hall of heroes from the Toy Box Introduction, go to the back side of the same pillar that had the hall of heroes door on it - there's a Marvel one. You can also get there from the pause menu.

EDIT: NINJA'D!

I had the same problem. If you're in the toy box tutorial, it's the door directly BEHIND the door you go through for the regular hall. It makes no sense and is physically impossible but it's on the other side of that structure.

You can also get to it from the main screen by going to Toy Box and then Hall of Super Heroes.

John Vignocchi has been posting hints and answering questions via twitter.  He has previous said the last two Disney characters to be announced were from the same franchise, with 1 girl and 1 boy.  About a week ago when he was asked when they would be announced he said "We are prepping the grid".  On Sunday someone asked how to unlock the tron light cycle in toybox, which he replied "I cannot say at this time... (This will make sense later)".  

Putting it all together you could make the case for the last 2 figures being Sam Flynn and Quorra.  Matches the previous description, usage of the word grid, and the light cycle will make sense later....

bread's done
Back