Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart clearance is crap, I wouldn't expect any awesome deals.

Good to see TRU is having a sale. I still need Crystal Agent P to finish off 1.0 figures, will pick up a 2.0 figure to go with it

To those of you with Best Buy GCU, don't fall for the BOGO40 at Toys R Us. It winds up being more expensive due to their markup than the standard GCU discount.

To those of you with Best Buy GCU, don't fall for the BOGO40 at Toys R Us. It winds up being more expensive due to their markup than the standard GCU discount.
Yep, and you don't have to buy in pairs to get the deal. Buy 1 get one 40% off is the same as Buy 2 and get 20% off each. But, you don't have to buy two to get half the deal on one and they are $1-2 cheaper. TRU had a release Skylanders deal for the first few hours for buy 1 Get one 50% which is better than Best Buy only for the items that are at a $1 premium, but it is still worse for the items (Trap Masters) that are a $2 premium.

Now only if Best Buy had better stocking for Skylanders (in particular) and Infinity ... that's the part where TRU really has the edge. For collectible items there really is no better place to go and find things.

TRU relies on the whole "more expensive, but frequent sales to make up for it model". It makes them seem like a better deal. But, they rope in the parents and kids that are buying and not waiting for deals. They know it's hard to tell a kid "let's wait for a sale" when they have that item they really want in their hands. It's also hard to wait for a sale when you find that new item you know is going to sell fast.

Cool story, bro. You seem to be a bastion of intelligence and maturity with your "Bobby's World" avatar.

Best Buy sold an $80 item under the exact understanding that a specific free item would be also given. If that's a mistake, cancel the deal BEFORE the $80 item is purchased. You can't wait until after the expensive item is purchased and then pull back the free item regardless of it was a "price mistake" or not. They baited customers in and then, after receiving payment, pulled their initial deal.

Sorry, that's against the law. Consumers have every right to contact the BBB about this and I guarantee they'll get involved with Best Buy.
I sent a claim to Paypal's resolution center and just got a full refund of $80!

amazon is awesome!! by the way damn someone got screwed lol
It was a refund on the Best Buy promotion where they offered the free toy box starter set with the purchase of the Marvel starter set. It would have been cheaper for them just to send the toy box starter set.

It was a refund on the Best Buy promotion where they offered the free toy box starter set with the purchase of the Marvel starter set. It would have been cheaper for them just to send the toy box starter set.
Disney probably didn't want them to send out x amount of units with a sale price of $0 each. They probably would have fined them big

Just an FYI, it appears Target is discontinuing many of the DI 1.0 sets, but still selling them at regular price (not on clearance).

For example, on two separate occasions at two different Target stores, DI 1.0 playsets came up as different set (Cars showed up as Wreck It Ralph, and The Lone Ranger also showed up as Wreck it Ralph). I enquired why they were ringing up as a wrong item. Target associate used her scanner and too was perplexed when the Lone Ranger playset scanned in as Wreck It Ralph. She then did a manual search and found the correct listing. It has been discontinued (still for sale, but will no longer be stocked), but not discounted/put on clearance. I further inquired if it could possibly be on clearance and asked if they could check in their clearance database. That's when another associate stepped in and said that there's no way to check. I knew at that point that pressing them for answers was going to be a waste of my time, so I thanked her, and went on my way.

So if you're like me and just starting to collect DI 1.0 for your kids, Target will not be a source for 1.0 playsets in the near future. I was hoping for a deal, but no deal for me. Thankfully, the internets are still here.

I'm beginning to think that despite Disney's statements about 1.0 figures and playsets not being discontinued, that retailers themselves are discontinuing them in favor of bringing in 2.0 stuff.  Pure speculation on my part but it seems like every retailer has scaled back their 1.0 stock and/or marking them clearance.

For you, yes, but not everyone is going to complain and not everyone chose that as a free item with a paid item. I, myself, ordered it separately, as I had already ordered the set with the Spidey playset. So they would've lost much more money just fulfilling all orders.

I hope you didn't do it with an account that has Gamer's Club attached (given you paid $80, doesn't sound like it). They are well within their rights to cancel it and ban your account from future orders. While legally they would have a tough time pursuing repayment due to the bait and switch, nothing prevents them from not doing business with you again.

This Target thing is killing me.  All the DI1 stuff is coming up as discontinued and price checkers don't work, but all the hand held scanners have them coming up full price.

So I need to have the clearance gun scan these figures?

So how long do we have until the first wave of Infinity figures become oop and inevitably rise in price? I'm not looking to flip or invest just need to know how long I have until I better get what ones I want since I'm sure they're not manufacturing the older ones now. I just got Sorcerer Mickey the other night and the only other ones I'm interested in are Woody and Buzz plus maybe Jack. I know no one here is a seer but Skylanders OG figures were still being shipped for the longest time after Giants hit and a few months ago the Wal-Marts around here were still getting them in to sell complete with new cardboard display PDQs so I don't know if that was an attempt to clear out remaining stock or what. Activision and Disney are different companies though but thought I'd use that as an example since I was shocked they were still shipping Spyro Adventure ones two years later.

So how long do we have until the first wave of Infinity figures become oop and inevitably rise in price? I'm not looking to flip or invest just need to know how long I have until I better get what ones I want since I'm sure they're not manufacturing the older ones now. I just got Sorcerer Mickey the other night and the only other ones I'm interested in are Woody and Buzz plus maybe Jack. I know no one here is a seer but Skylanders OG figures were still being shipped for the longest time after Giants hit and a few months ago the Wal-Marts around here were still getting them in to sell complete with new cardboard display PDQs so I don't know if that was an attempt to clear out remaining stock or what. Activision and Disney are different companies though but thought I'd use that as an example since I was shocked they were still shipping Spyro Adventure ones two years later.
I would imagine, like Skylanders, some will be more rare than others - others will stick around for quite some time and command little markup on the secondary market. I think it's just Violet and Syndrome that are difficult to find currently. If they can, I'm sure TRU will stock DI 1.0 similarly to how they continue to stock past Skylanders.

I would imagine, like Skylanders, some will be more rare than others - others will stick around for quite some time and command little markup on the secondary market. I think it's just Violet and Syndrome that are difficult to find currently. If they can, I'm sure TRU will stock DI 1.0 similarly to how they continue to stock past Skylanders.
Randy is also out of stock everywhere and there are several other figures that are starting to go out of the stock on most of the major retailer sites.

This is out of left field, but I am in Paris right now and Randy, violet, and syndrome are all over the place (I need all three). They are $10 Euro each, so the price isn't bad. Do you think there would be any problem with them working back in the good ole U.S.of A.?

This is out of left field, but I am in Paris right now and Randy, violet, and syndrome are all over the place (I need all three). They are $10 Euro each, so the price isn't bad. Do you think there would be any problem with them working back in the good ole U.S.of A.?
I think they are identical to the US versions with the exception of the packaging. In fact, many of the "rarer" figures being sold on Ebay by US resellers are in fact the European versions.

I think they are identical to the US versions with the exception of the packaging. In fact, many of the "rarer" figures being sold on Ebay by US resellers are in fact the European versions.
Maybe I'll give it a shot. I forget what the game store is called but it's like a bizzaro Gamestop... at least they can't badger me to pre-order or sign up for a credit card! I'll be back on Monday and I'll see if they work.

I ended up ordering Syndrome from an Amazon 3rd party seller in the UK for $16. The character and webcode are fine, it's just the cardboard backing that is different.

To everyone else: flying abroad to pick up rare figures is not very CAG ;)

Several people bought Apprentice Mickey Mouse overseas since he came out there before Xmas last year (not yet here in the States).   They're identical figures, nothing is different between them, just packaging.

Worse case scenario, if any of you are planning on visiting the Orlando area they have a nice size section of the figures in the parks and downtown disney that has all the figures. :p Granted, I saw this in early September but I bet they'll stay there for years.
Floridians can corner the market on 1.0 figures lol.

Thank you for the feedback everyone, I'll certainly pick the figures if they are going to work back home.  Violet is also in a three pack with one of the frozen girls and a third female figure and that is marked at $20 Euro.  I think i'll pick that three pack up.  This was well worth the seven hour plane ride.  Forget he bread, chocolate, and wine!   

Went to Target today again to check 1.0. Grabbed some players, all,scanned as Wreck It Ralph. When I asked and said I knew some stores had them clearance, they told me I was wrong. And that the sets only showed that because they all came in the box together. How much doe these playsets go for with the proper tags? I'm wondering if it's even worth this hassle anymore.

Worse case scenario, if any of you are planning on visiting the Orlando area they have a nice size section of the figures in the parks and downtown disney that has all the figures. :p Granted, I saw this in early September but I bet they'll stay there for years.
Floridians can corner the market on 1.0 figures lol.
They actually don't have the "rarer" figures in stock anymore like Randy, Violet or Syndrome. I believe some of the others are starting to run low, at least at Disneyland/Downtown Disney in Anaheim.

Not sure if anyone is interested but they have a starter set for $99 at BJ's that's has the normal starter plus Captain America and Venom

They actually don't have the "rarer" figures in stock anymore like Randy, Violet or Syndrome. I believe some of the others are starting to run low, at least at Disneyland/Downtown Disney in Anaheim.
Wasn't aware there was a downtown disney in Cali, huh.
Last time i was in florida they had violet and syndrome (didn't check for randy but they were fully stocked).

Seems odd the company itself wouldn't be stocking their own merchandise in their own stores..

Wasn't aware there was a downtown disney in Cali, huh.
Last time i was in florida they had violet and syndrome (didn't check for randy but they were fully stocked).

Seems odd the company itself wouldn't be stocking their own merchandise in their own stores..
According to what I've read online, retailers started to run out of Violet, Randy and Syndrome back in April. I just don't think Disney has manufactured any additional 1.0 units for a very long time and I doubt there is some stockpile somewhere given that other retailers haven't had restock of those figures in six months. Indeed, the Disney Store website has been out of stock of those figures for several months. Microsoft had Violet and their Canadian store had Syndrome, but they seem to be the only retailer with any of the rare figures left and as I stated elsewhere, the figures I received from them last week had a lot of wear and appeared to be store returns. Every other major retailer has been sold out and I suspect in another couple of months, you won't see any 1.0 figures at any major retailers.

According to what I've read online, retailers started to run out of Violet, Randy and Syndrome back in April. I just don't think Disney has manufactured any additional 1.0 units for a very long time and I doubt there is some stockpile somewhere given that other retailers haven't had restock of those figures in six months. Indeed, the Disney Store website has been out of stock of those figures for several months. Microsoft had Violet and their Canadian store had Syndrome, but they seem to be the only retailer with any of the rare figures left and as I stated elsewhere, the figures I received from them last week had a lot of wear and appeared to be store returns. Every other major retailer has been sold out and I suspect in another couple of months, you won't see any 1.0 figures at any major retailers.
i got a violet from microsoft yesterday from UPS its mint the packaging as well so hopefully there is a stockpile somewhere

I was at downtown disney in Orlando in July and they didn't have any syndromes. I don't know if they had violet or randy because at that point I was only looking for syndrome.

Has anyone looking for the rare 1.0 figures even tried Gamestop? Seeing as they take them in trade now. I'm betting someone here will have luck

Just checked the Gamestop site, you can search for new figures by store. None of the rare ones in my area but its worth checking

I was just at Once Upon a Toy this past weekend in Orlando for the RunDisney race. I know they had 1.0 figures, but I honestly didn't check since I already have all of the 1.0 figures.

I will be near the DisneyLand area in a month so I will check then too. 

I was at downtown disney in Orlando in July and they didn't have any syndromes. I don't know if they had violet or randy because at that point I was only looking for syndrome.
I plan on going over to Downtown Disney within the next 2 weeks or so, i will have to stop in and check.

Was wandering around a local Goodwill aplooking for old electronics and found the Nova/Spider-Man Playset for $8.99. It was complete and looked like a returned item from Target. Damn fine deal.

Saw a sign at K-Mart that they're offering a $20 SYWR bonus with the Lone Ranger, Cars, or Toy Story playsets for DI 1.0. Playsets are priced $30-$34. Reward point offer is available until 11/2 and points must be used within 90 days. Limit of 2 playsets.

They also had Violet on clearance for $11.74.

Which is a savings of about $2.98.
That's par for the course for BJs. We've been a member there for years, they have good deals and accept coupons - and most importantly aren't called "Sam's Club", so the Waltons don't get to keep widening their ass at my expense. But, if it isn't on clearance, they stink for games - terrible selection and like a dollar or two off at best.

Parisian violet, Randy and syndrome work great! Thanks again for verifying that the European figures work on American systems. My son is very happy and I saved some cash on the "rares".

Saw a sign at K-Mart that they're offering a $20 SYWR bonus with the Lone Ranger, Cars, or Toy Story playsets for DI 1.0. Playsets are priced $30-$34. Reward point offer is available until 11/2 and points must be used within 90 days. Limit of 2 playsets.

They also had Violet on clearance for $11.74.
I don't see this online. Do you have pictures? Is it only at that one specific store?

^^^^^^

I went to my K-Mart and they did not have the sign up.  I asked about it and they said there is not a way to check how many points i'd be getting back until I purchased.  So I tried one transaction where I used points + a penny and received no points.  Then tried to do another with just the CC, no points.  So it must be YMMV?

All the Kmarts around me are closing so the figures and playsets they do have left are on clearance. Still only $9.50 for the 1.0 figures and $10.50 for the 2.0. I am going to try to hold out until they reduce them more.

bread's done
Back