Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Best Buy/Toy Box edition debacle

For those who said no business cares about the BBB any more: After I got nowhere when calling Best Buy on the phone, I lodged a complaint with the BBB after that Toy Box cancellation.  I simply requested the option to return my opened version of Disney Infinity 2.0 for a full refund. 

Best Buy was prompt with their response.  They were also more than generous with their solution to the problem.  Couldn't be happier right now. 

Re: The Best Buy/Toy Box edition debacle

For those who said no business cares about the BBB any more: After I got nowhere when calling Best Buy on the phone, I lodged a complaint with the BBB after that Toy Box cancellation. I simply requested the option to return my opened version of Disney Infinity 2.0 for a full refund.

Best Buy was prompt with their response. They were also more than generous with their solution to the problem. Couldn't be happier right now.
I called multiple times because they kept telling me they were waiting to hear from corporate and to call back. They finally came up with a solution last week where I had to order a new one and they would refund it once I picked it up. I did not call back harassing or demanding anything but was still taken care of.

Sucks that Best Buy is taking off the $5 before the GCU discount instead of after. Makes the figures $9.19/ea instead of $8.69/ea

Oh well... It's only a $0.50/ea difference I guess.

I already own the Marvel Starter Pack for PS4 but I am contemplating picking up the Toy Box Starter Pack for XBone with a free pre-order Figure since it will only be $47.99 with GCU. It will ultimately be cheaper than buying 3 Figures and Toy Box Games Individually, and it will give me another copy of the game and portal for another system

Disney Original Figures x3 ($11.19) = 33.57
Toy Box Game Disc x2 = $19.99

Total Individually = $53.56
Toy Box Cost = $47.99
Savings = $5.57

Anyone else thinking of doing the same?
I'm doing exactly this, and I'm gonna flip the base and game disc on eBay for even more savings.

Though I know my son doesn't mind, I'm slightly annoyed that the DI 2.0 Spider-Man set has figures all based on the kids tv show which just this season revamped itself and doesn't even feature Nova or Iron Fist. Plus the Green Goblin is the Ultimate Spider-Man version. I much prefer the Goblin in the mask and glider. 

Though I know my son doesn't mind, I'm slightly annoyed that the DI 2.0 Spider-Man set has figures all based on the kids tv show which just this season revamped itself and doesn't even feature Nova or Iron Fist. Plus the Green Goblin is the Ultimate Spider-Man version. I much prefer the Goblin in the mask and glider.
Right there with you. This was such a great opportunity to get a diverse mix of Marvel characters and Disney is just milking their hot properties instead. Synergy sucks sometimes.

My local Wal-Mart hadn't gotten in any Hulk's as of last night.  They had the information about the deal just no product.  Going to try another in the area.

Went to Walmart this morning and found the Hulk figures. When taken to the register and scanned a message will pop up telling the cashier about the promo. Was much easier than I expected

So Target has B2G1 free on games.  If I team up with my relatives, we could buy 3 copies of Marvel DI 2.0 for only $150, or $50 per copy.  I'm wondering if Black Friday will have a better deal than that.

So Target has B2G1 free on games. If I team up with my relatives, we could buy 3 copies of Marvel DI 2.0 for only $150, or $50 per copy. I'm wondering if Black Friday will have a better deal than that.
Walmart had Skylanders and DI 1.0 for $37.49 each around Black Friday...i price matched both @ the Best Buy across the street. So I'm waiting for a similar deal

My local BB had the Disney Originals figures out. Hiro, Baymax, Maleficent, Donald, etc. Tried to buy them, but a message popped up on the computer saying they were not to be sold.

Went into BB today after getting my Hulk yesterday.  They did a return and took $5 off instead of GC, so only had to pay $4. Nice deal.

Went into BB today to let the kids get a Disney infinity 1 figure.

Got the GCU discount plus another $2.50 off for each figure and couldn't figure out why.

I tried the same thing online but couldn't get the extra $2.50 each to come off and then i looked at the ad and it had said if you buy 2 marvel figures together you get an extra $5 off. I guess instore it works for the original figures as well.

Urg. The Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Pack pre-order page isn't loading. I hope it's fixed later in the day. Damn my procrastination.

If it doesn't work by day's end I guess I'll go into the store and pre-order tomorrow. How does that work? Do I need some kind of slip or something.

So, how does this "digital order the toy box pack and get the discs free promo work?" I saw something that they are limiting it to the first 10,000? If so, screw that, I'll never get it w/ the PSN store not updating until afternoon.

Any B2G1 deals this upcoming week for the release of the Originals?
I was hoping for the same thing, given the fact that so many figures are releasing on Tuesday. However, I checked all the "weekly ads" threads and didnt see squat for DI deals. Hopefully we get something soon.

Urg. The Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Pack pre-order page isn't loading. I hope it's fixed later in the day. Damn my procrastination.

If it doesn't work by day's end I guess I'll go into the store and pre-order tomorrow. How does that work? Do I need some kind of slip or something.
Managed to do a pre-order in store. The cashier said that I would be able to pick out a free figure at pickup. Does that sound correct to you guys?

So, how does this "digital order the toy box pack and get the discs free promo work?" I saw something that they are limiting it to the first 10,000? If so, screw that, I'll never get it w/ the PSN store not updating until afternoon.
Ugh, that makes it utterly worthless, since there will be absolutely no way to know if you are in the first 10,000 at purchase time.

Fry's Electronics is having a big sale on certain Disney Infinity items.  They are only in a few cities across the nation and only one item is available for shipping at the moment, but maybe this can help those near a store.

Available for shipping/store pickup where available:

The Lone Ranger Playset  $9.99

Store pickup where in stock:

Sidekicks 3 pack

Barbossa

Mike Wazowski

Dash

Mickey

Agent P

Vanellope

Cars Playset

Anybody hear of any good anticipated sales on Black Friday?  Last year I got DI 1 for $38 from Amazon and was very happy about that.  I haven't seen any rumor of deals for 2.0 yet. 

I saw all the Disney figures at Target today and was tempted to buy 'em all up.  Baymax, Donald, Tink and Merida all looked great.  High quality stuff. 

Fry's Electronics is having a big sale on certain Disney Infinity items. They are only in a few cities across the nation and only one item is available for shipping at the moment, but maybe this can help those near a store.

Available for shipping/store pickup where available:

The Lone Ranger Playset $9.99

Store pickup where in stock:

Sidekicks 3 pack

Barbossa

Mike Wazowski

Dash

Mickey

Agent P

Vanellope

Cars Playset
Here you go. ;)

http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&cat=&query_string=7988820%2C+7988650%2C+7776388%2C+7776368%2C+8020154%2C+7780578%2C+7780598%2C+7776398%2C+7780628

Oh well, you can't unwrap a digital game so I guess I don't care too much about the digital version, I'll need to get something physical to use as a Christmas present anyway.  :)

Here's the link to submit for the 2 free game discs with Digital 2.0 purchase:

https://infinity.disney.com/console-download

There is no way tell if you are one of the first 10,000 or not, so good luck to anyone who gambles on it!
Thanks...I thought that they would have attached the power discs as DLC to the first 10,000 customers. I submitted a form...I'm not big on power discs, so I'll be fine either way

Just picked up Hiro and Baymax in anticipation of Big Hero 6. If my daughter doesn't like the movie then I'll just take them back but if it turns out to be super popular these two are going to fly off shelves.

Just picked up Hiro and Baymax in anticipation of Big Hero 6. If my daughter doesn't like the movie then I'll just take them back but if it turns out to be super popular these two are going to fly off shelves.
I can't see the film besting Frozen's popularity, unfortunately.

None of these are going to "fly off the shelves" as they are ALL only toybox. Who REALLY CARES about Toybox only? Not many... that's who.

Though I will admit, I like the Baymax sculpt they used.
Elsa was toy box only, and she was impossible to find for months when she first came out.

But I agree with Maximum, as BH6 won't be nearly as popular as Frozen.

Not a great deal, but Walmart is offering a $10 gift card with the purchase of a Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box set (the usual $60).  I'm still waiting for Black Friday (or an awesome deal between now and then).

Elsa was toy box only, and she was impossible to find for months when she first came out.

But I agree with Maximum, as BH6 won't be nearly as popular as Frozen.
I don't think it will be either but on the off chance it is I don't have to hunt these things down.

Also you have to remember that there are people out there that think these are just toys. The kids see it in the store, say they want it, and the parents get it for them not even knowing that they work with a game. Then some people just collect all things Disney. So in both of those cases the whole Toy Box thing doesn't matter :)

I'm hiding these until after we take my daughter to see the movie this weekend. I also picked up Alladin

Scored some advanced screening passes last night after missing out a few times and went with my wife. I was excited but my wife has been dying to see it. My wife cried multiple times, and she's usually not one to get emotional for movies. It was an amazing movie and I think will find a different audience than Frozen, obviously not as big though. I'm debating on picking up Baymax and Hiro tonight, my wife completely forgot they came out and I think they may be hard to find after a week or two.

FYI if anyone goes this weekend, there is a post credits scene, and not a lame one either.

I went today to Best Buy pick up my two Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Packs for PS4 from when they were mistakenly offering the pack as an option for the free figurine.  When I got there, a coupon was attached to the boxes and the clerk said "Oh, you pre-ordered so you get a free figurine with each of these!"  I didn't want to call attention that one Starter Pack was already free, so they sent me off to get two figurines...  So I ended up with 2 starter packs and 2 characters for $50.86!

I went today to Best Buy pick up my two Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Packs for PS4 from when they were mistakenly offering the pack as an option for the free figurine.  When I got there, a coupon was attached to the boxes and the clerk said "Oh, you pre-ordered so you get a free figurine with each of these!"  I didn't want to call attention that one Starter Pack was already free, so they sent me off to get two figurines...  So I ended up with 2 starter packs and 2 characters for $50.86!

FYI if anyone goes this weekend, there is a post credits scene, and not a lame one either.
There needs to be a website with all the movies currently in theaters that lets people know if there's anything stroyline related once the credits start to roll (alongside, during, after). It's a huge bummer waiting through them to find nothing at the end.

I went today to Best Buy pick up my two Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Packs for PS4 from when they were mistakenly offering the pack as an option for the free figurine. When I got there, a coupon was attached to the boxes and the clerk said "Oh, you pre-ordered so you get a free figurine with each of these!" I didn't want to call attention that one Starter Pack was already free, so they sent me off to get two figurines... So I ended up with 2 starter packs and 2 characters for $50.86!
That's interesting because when the free figurine deal started Sunday for preordering a toy box last week, I was able to order a toy box and 2 figurines for free on the cart. I think it was a glitch because it was supposed to be one figurine only. I played with it for a while and added a toy box from any system, added the free "Originals" figurine which marked $0 , then I added another figurine $0. Since I hace GCU, the total was $47.99 for the toy box and 2 figurines. I did add a 3rd figurine but then the cart would fix the mistake and charge me for 2 out of 3 figures. So I deleted the 3rd figure and got 2 figures for $0 again.

I eneded ordering 6 toy boxes just so I could get all the figurines for free, and will exchenge them for other items. Just got them delivered yesterday....

I concur. I honestly didn't know if there'd be one, but we figured we would stick around. I was very surprised at the scene, it wasn't a throwaway scene like the Avengers, it actually had some meat and significance to it.

bread's done
Back