Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my family is going to get reeled back into DI. Seems like the best deal is to pick it up at Best Buy with GCU, and glad Best Buy matched the playset deal because I want the GG set and probably won't beat $20 for awhile on that. My daughter has been wanting this game, but I an not sure how much she will actually enjoy all the Marvel stuff. I just feel like DI has so much unrealized potential and 2.0 took that potential further away. A playset for Nightmare Before Christmas and Aladdin seem like no brainers, and Tinkerbell and Frozen playsets seem like they would have huge appeal to girl gamers. And they have made figures for all of these but they are just useless toy box pieces. Maybe I will like toy box in 2.0 better.
Edit: Sorry that was longer than intended. DI gets me ranty I guess.

It's been a nightmare at Best Buy...the GotG playset and the power disc pack are ringing up for $32 plus tax. And i have no way of proving that i am a GCU member...man f Best Buy for removing that valuable membership info from the website

It's been a nightmare at Best Buy...the GotG playset and the power disc pack are ringing up for $32 plus tax. And i have no way of proving that i am a GCU member...man f Best Buy for removing that valuable membership info from the website
I don't know about the power disc pack, but the GOTG playset was ringing up correctly for $25 (minus GCU membership, $20) around 12 PM EST today.

Could you order it online to have shipped home or in-store pickup?

I don't know about the power disc pack, but the GOTG playset was ringing up correctly for $25 (minus GCU membership, $20) around 12 PM EST today.

Could you order it online to have shipped home or in-store pickup?
I managed to add the playset to my cart the $19.99 GCU price popped up alongside the free pack...the customer service line is getting crazy long now. Thankfully they honored the price that i showed them

Thanks for the heads up on the BB playset prices. Snagged a Spiderman and free disc pack. Already have Got, but wish I had waited now.

Thanks for the heads up on the BB playset prices. Snagged a Spiderman and free disc pack. Already have GotG. But wish I had waited now.
Me to especially since mine are for Xmas and I bought them the week of the games launch. I think I paid $25.20 each for them before tax after GCU and a Movers Coupon.

Fyi, @bestbuydeals tweeted that if you buy a play set you receive 2 free disc packs. I think it is a misunderstanding by the person who did the tweet since it is a free 2.0 disc pack and when I purchased online it automatically added only one pack. However, the tweet is clear that you get two packs so it shouldn't be hard to persuade a manager that is the correct deal...

Also, why do they give us a Disney Originals pack for buying a Marvel play set? Wouldn't it make more sense to give us a Marvel pack???

Fyi, @bestbuydeals tweeted that if you buy a play set you receive 2 free disc packs. I think it is a misunderstanding by the person who did the tweet since it is a free 2.0 disc pack and when I purchased online it automatically added only one pack. However, the tweet is clear that you get two packs so it shouldn't be hard to persuade a manager that is the correct deal...
Also, why do they give us a Disney Originals pack for buying a Marvel play set? Wouldn't it make more sense to give us a Marvel pack???
I got a Marvel pack with my GOTG playsey

I heard the Avengers and Spider man sets are pretty boring/not to much fun but how is the GoTG set? I have the 1.0 base for PS3 so I might just grab this and get the digital copy.

For those who recently got power disc. I am in need of "virew from the suit" iron man disc. I do need multiples so pm me your list. I am sure I have whatever else you might need.

I ordered the 2 playsets last night for in store pickup and it all went through fine. A few minutes ago I got an email saying the power disks are unavailable and were cancelled but the rest of the order is ready for pickup. I guess I do t get my freebies :(

Wonder if you can buy the playsets instore at bestbuy, get the 19.99 pricepoint with GCU and still get the free discs.

[quote name="maximumzero" post="12265163" timestamp="1416853542"]Why not order online for in-store pickup?[/quote]

Coz i dont want my wife seeing i bought so much already online... So im paying cash instore. Hehe!

I've never owned a game that requires a base and toys, so this is all new to me, but I figured if I were to start, it would be with Disney Infinity. I'm a huge Disney fan, so I can also buy the toys to collect, which is the difference with Skylanders, but my question is would you prefer Disney Infinity 1.0 or 2.0 for starters? I wish 1.0 was for Xbox One/PS4, but it's not really that big of a deal.

So, which set do you guys recommend?

Coz i dont want my wife seeing i bought so much already online... So im paying cash instore. Hehe!
If you're concerned about her seeing it on your credit card statement, why not buy a Best Buy gift card in-store and then use it online?

If you're concerned about her seeing the order on your bestbuy.com account page...well I dunno what to tell you there.

[quote name="maximumzero" post="12265174" timestamp="1416853758"]If you're concerned about her seeing it on your credit card statement, why not buy a Best Buy gift card in-store and then use it online?

If you're concerned about her seeing the order on your bestbuy.com account page...well I dunno what to tell you there.[/quote]

Its one of my gift for her thats y m trying to hide it from from the statement. And also The stuff i bought online is already a known expense.

I've never owned a game that requires a base and toys, so this is all new to me, but I figured if I were to start, it would be with Disney Infinity. I'm a huge Disney fan, so I can also buy the toys to collect, which is the difference with Skylanders, but my question is would you prefer Disney Infinity 1.0 or 2.0 for starters? I wish 1.0 was for Xbox One/PS4, but it's not really that big of a deal.

So, which set do you guys recommend?
I've played all of the playlets and the Lone Ranger was my favorite by far. Of the 2.0 stuff Avengers.

[quote name="Nesmaster75" post="12265172" timestamp="1416853723"]I've never owned a game that requires a base and toys, so this is all new to me, but I figured if I were to start, it would be with Disney Infinity. I'm a huge Disney fan, so I can also buy the toys to collect, which is the difference with Skylanders, but my question is would you prefer Disney Infinity 1.0 or 2.0 for starters? I wish 1.0 was for Xbox One/PS4, but it's not really that big of a deal.

So, which set do you guys recommend?[/quote] DI 1.0 never got a next gen treatment. And its difinitely more towards disney char. Id go with 2.0 since thats the one on sale this year. The 1.0 figures also work with 2.0. Only thing is its only for toy box mode. 2.0 is more refined.

I've played all of the playlets and the Lone Ranger was my favorite by far. Of the 2.0 stuff Avengers.

DI 1.0 never got a next gen treatment. And its difinitely more towards disney char. Id go with 2.0 since thats the one on sale this year. The 1.0 figures also work with 2.0. Only thing is its only for toy box mode. 2.0 is more refined.
Awesome, thanks for the responses! I just bought Disney Infinity 2.0 for Xbox One! At least I'll have a reason to buy the 1.0 figures since some of them are pretty cool, like Sorcerer Mickey. I didn't realize they were backwards compatible at all (even if it is just for one mode). Thanks again!

[quote name="Nesmaster75" post="12265249" timestamp="1416855068"]Awesome, thanks for the responses! I just bought Disney Infinity 2.0 for Xbox One! At least I'll have a reason to buy the 1.0 figures since some of them are pretty cool, like Sorcerer Mickey. I didn't realize they were backwards compatible at all (even if it is just for one mode). Thanks again![/quote]

I still have to get my hands on wreck it ralph and frozen playsets. No deal on them yet. Hehe

Ordered all 3 playsets from best buy with in store pickup this morning (19.99 w/gcu) with 1 free disc pack each. Showed them the @bestbuy_deals tweet someone mentioned earlier and they matched it for 2 free disc packs per playset.

Thank you for this!!

I'm so clueless on all this DI stuff. My kids are wanting the new 2.0 version - we have the starter pack from version 1.0 and a couple extra figures - is this 2.0 starter pack for $40 the way to go?

I see that there's an Avengers playset with Iron Man and Black Widow and Thor is available separately, meaning if you buy the Toy Box Starter, you can buy all of the contents of the Standard Starter Set. But what about the other way? If you buy the Standard Starter Set, is there any way to get all of the contents of the Toy Box Starter? I see Merida and Stitch are available separately, but aren't you still missing the game discs?

Ratmonkey said:
Ordered all 3 playsets from best buy with in store pickup this morning (19.99 w/gcu) with 1 free disc pack each. Showed them the @bestbuy_deals tweet someone mentioned earlier and they matched it for 2 free disc packs per playset.

Thank you for this!!
I need to look into this more. I thought there was only one play set besides the one that comes with the Starter pack - Guardians of the Galaxy. I wasn't going to buy any of these but Best Buy got me with that sale.

Edit: Ah, OK, I guess the one I wasn't the slightest bit aware of was the Spiderman one. Never even heard of that existing before.

So, what is the consensus on those who have played on which is the best one? Or the best two (or one you can skip)? So far then I have on order Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy. I did buy an extra Venom character with the 3 for $33. I guess he'll be pretty useless without the Spiderman set.

I need to look into this more. I thought there was only one play set besides the one that comes with the Starter pack - Guardians of the Galaxy. I wasn't going to buy any of these but Best Buy got me with that sale.
There is 3 total as far as i know. 2 were linked a couple pages back and the guardians playset is also on sale be the pick shows 2 characters on a base. They are on sale for 25 (20 w/gcu)

This TRU news is great. Gonna go have Target price match later (have Redcard which will save a couple more bucks). This was one of the deals I was going to try to get on Black Friday. Gonna be for my kids for Christmas! Thanks for the info sbaker!

This TRU news is great. Gonna go have Target price match later (have Redcard which will save a couple more bucks). This was one of the deals I was going to try to get on Black Friday. Gonna be for my kids for Christmas! Thanks for the info sbaker!
Bestbuy had them the same price yesterday for Elite members.

I'm so clueless on all this DI stuff. My kids are wanting the new 2.0 version - we have the starter pack from version 1.0 and a couple extra figures - is this 2.0 starter pack for $40 the way to go?
Yes, get the Marvel starter pack for $40. They will still be able to use their old figures in the Toy Box mode of 2.0 as well. You'll have an extra base, but at this price point the digital upgrade version isn't even worth looking at.

I see that there's an Avengers playset with Iron Man and Black Widow and Thor is available separately, meaning if you buy the Toy Box Starter, you can buy all of the contents of the Standard Starter Set. But what about the other way? If you buy the Standard Starter Set, is there any way to get all of the contents of the Toy Box Starter? I see Merida and Stitch are available separately, but aren't you still missing the game discs?
The Toy Box game discs will be released in separate packages on January 13th for $20. I think the price is rather steep, but it's the only way to get them if you don't want to buy a whole Toy Box starter pack.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/11/04/toy-box-game-discs-packs-releasing-january-13th/

I prices matched the Spiderman playset the other day at best buy for 24.99 and then had $10 in rz certs that I used. Fugured with that and the $19.99 download on ps3 that was decent. But with the starter set coming in at $39.99 and a different playset and 3 characters would that be better?

Or is the spidey set a better set?

I prices matched the Spiderman playset the other day at best buy for 24.99 and then had $10 in rz certs that I used. Fugured with that and the $19.99 download on ps3 that was decent. But with the starter set coming in at $39.99 and a different playset and 3 characters would that be better?

Or is the spidey set a better set?
I think that the game + base + Avengers playset + 3 characters + 2 Toy Box game discs for $40 is a much better deal than paying $20 for digital, but if you really have no interest in the Avengers characters then your plan could make sense.

I think that the game + base + Avengers playset + 3 characters + 2 Toy Box game discs for $40 is a much better deal than paying $20 for digital, but if you really have no interest in the Avengers characters then your plan could make sense.
Wow and I always feel I am in the "know" with this stuff! I didn't realize they had the toy box game pieces with it and that they would be selling them later.

Jumped on it and got a play set too.

Anyone know if I return the playset I bought from best buy with the reward zone certs, if I return it do I get those certs back too?

You guys have me totally confused. What are the "Toy box game discs"? Do you just mean power discs? I can live without those.

I also figured just like Skylanders that you'd need a new base for the new game but I guess not.

So far I have Avengers starter pack ($32) + Guardians play set ($20) + 6 figures at $8.80 each. So that's two play sets, 11 figures, and a single power disc pack (the free one that came with Guardians of the Galaxy play set from Best Buy) for $104.80. Damn, this crap is expensive if you add it all up ;). Still, though, all of that would have been an even $200 without the Best Buy sale + GCU.

I guess I should just get the Spiderman set + the free power disc while I can. No one has any game play comments/comparisons about the 3 play sets?

You guys have me totally confused. What are the "Toy box game discs"? Do you just mean power discs? I can live without those.

I also figured just like Skylanders that you'd need a new base for the new game but I guess not.

So far I have Avengers starter pack ($32) + Guardians play set ($20) + 6 figures at $8.80 each. So that's two play sets, 11 figures, and a single power disc pack (the free one that came with Guardians of the Galaxy play set from Best Buy) for $104.80. Damn, this crap is expensive if you add it all up ;). Still, though, all of that would have been an even $200 without the Best Buy sale + GCU.

I guess I should just get the Spiderman set + the free power disc while I can. No one has any game play comments/comparisons about the 3 play sets?
Honestly, the 3 play sets play pretty similarly, especially the Spider-Man and Avengers play sets.

"Toy Box Game discs" are Blue and have a raised top (so you can't stack other discs on top). Avengers Starter comes w/2 and Toy Box starter comes w/2. Avengers games are tower defense (thor theme) and dungeon crawler (Guardians theme). Toy Box blue disc games are tower defense (Stitch theme) and dungeon crawler (Merida theme).

Got the TRU deal price matched at Target today. One less thing to worry about for Black Friday

Crystal mickey was out but would not ring up for sale

langdon_alger said:
"Toy Box Game discs" are Blue and have a raised top (so you can't stack other discs on top). Avengers Starter comes w/2 and Toy Box starter comes w/2. Avengers games are tower defense (thor theme) and dungeon crawler (Guardians theme). Toy Box blue disc games are tower defense (Stitch theme) and dungeon crawler (Merida theme).
Thanks, but this confuses me even more. The power discs in the first game were just Toy Box items or stat boosts for your characters. So are these actually unlocking different games to play separate from the playset pieces?

Thanks, but this confuses me even more. The power discs in the first game were just Toy Box items or stat boosts for your characters. So are these actually unlocking different games to play separate from the playset pieces?
Different kinds of discs. The ones you buy in the store in blind packs for $5 are the stat boosts/items - Power Discs.

The Toy Box Game Discs are, right now, only in the Marvel or Toy Box Starter pack. They will later be 2 for $20. They do unlock games not in the Play Sets (tower defense/dungeon crawler).

bread's done
Back