Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
To anyone that has played all of the playsets... are they all similar in length? Avengers was disappointingly short and didn't feel like it was anywhere near the same length as the 1.0 playsets.

Ok so how do these work? I understand you use figures and all that but does each figure have its own missions or something? And are controllers involved I'm new to these.. also it's for my son so would wii u, xbox one or ps4 be the way to go?

Ok so how do these work? I understand you use figures and all that but does each figure have its own missions or something? And are controllers involved I'm new to these.. also it's for my son so would wii u, xbox one or ps4 be the way to go?
Toy Box - Can play all figures in this mode - basically, create your own 'worlds' or play in already created worlds (by developer or other users). Note that if you buy the first Disney Infinity, the 2.0 figures are not compatible. If you buy Disney Infinity 2.0, all figures (1.0 & 2.0) work in Toy Box.

Play Set Worlds - There are three for Disney Infinity 2.0 (Avengers, Guardians, Spidey). Only certain figures can play in each Play Set. For example, I think for Spidey, you have Nova, Nick Fury, Spider-Man, Venom, and Iron Fist. If you collect certain tokens in the Play Set, two other characters can play (Hulk & Iron Man?)

CAUTION - Some figures only work in Toy Box mode. There are no Play Set Worlds for certain characters (all of the Disney Characters in 2.0 for example).

Yes, you use a controller and a base, on which you place the discs, play set piece, and character(s). The base comes with the game.

If you have all three next gen systems - I'm not aware of any play differences, maybe some graphical ones. The bases for the XBOX systems can't be mixed/matched, so if you buy it on the PS or Wii systems, you could always pick up the game disc for the first Disney Infinity and use the base from DI 2.0 (if you wanted to buy the single Play Sets from the first game, which are Toy Story, Cars, and Lone Ranger).

Toy Box - Can play all figures in this mode - basically, create your own 'worlds' or play in already created worlds (by developer or other users). Note that if you buy the first Disney Infinity, the 2.0 figures are not compatible. If you buy Disney Infinity 2.0, all figures (1.0 & 2.0) work in Toy Box.

Play Set Worlds - There are three for Disney Infinity 2.0 (Avengers, Guardians, Spidey). Only certain figures can play in each Play Set. For example, I think for Spidey, you have Nova, Nick Fury, Spider-Man, Venom, and Iron Fist. If you collect certain tokens in the Play Set, two other characters can play (Hulk & Iron Man?)

CAUTION - Some figures only work in Toy Box mode. There are no Play Set Worlds for certain characters (all of the Disney Characters in 2.0 for example).

Yes, you use a controller and a base, on which you place the discs, play set piece, and character(s). The base comes with the game.

If you have all three next gen systems - I'm not aware of any play differences, maybe some graphical ones. The bases for the XBOX systems can't be mixed/matched, so if you buy it on the PS or Wii systems, you could always pick up the game disc for the first Disney Infinity and use the base from DI 2.0 (if you wanted to buy the single Play Sets from the first game, which are Toy Story, Cars, and Lone Ranger).
Awesome thanks for explaining that.. now anyone think wii u xbox one or ps4 is any better or would it be preference?

A lot of it is just preference - I have the first DI on X360 and 2.0 on XB1 b/c I like earning achievements.  However, those both need separate bases, so a digital upgrade isn't possible (I think it's $30 now for Disney 2.0 on PS3/PS4 and Wii/WiiU), and that would only benefit you if you already had the base and/or purchased the first DI.

If your son has a favorite system between PS4 and WiiU, I'd go with whatever one he prefers.

Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) Black Friday Deals:

https://infinity.disney.com/disney-infinity-black-friday-deals

If you missed last weekend's GameStop and Amazon sales on Starter Sets, your next best option is Walmart this weekend for $37 (Reg $74.99; Though Target, Best Buy, TRU, Disney Store, and Marvel Shop are all within a couple of dollars at $39.99).

For figures, Walmart's $9 each looks to be the best deal, and TRU's B1G1 70% off is a close second (but that latter deal is just Thanksgiving evening). After that, it's $10 figures at Target through Saturday.

Play Sets-wise, GameStop's $29.99 (Reg $39.99) is best, but TRU's B1G1 40% off is a close second (and goes through Saturday).

Last year, Amazon met or beat all Infinity deals, and they're the only ones teasing Power Disc sales for this Friday.

And now I slightly hate myself because I sat on my hands and didn't get in on the free power disc with Playset offer at Best Buy. Now you can't order it online for in-store pickup OR for shipping. The playsets are still on sale and available in-store, but I somehow doubt that the free power disc pack offer applies in-store as well.

Awesome thanks for explaining that.. now anyone think wii u xbox one or ps4 is any better or would it be preference?
If you fire up your wiiu and check the eshop disney infinity 1.0 used to be a free download (I am not at home so i cant check). If it is as long as you bought a wiiu or ps4 version, you could use that base with the 1.0 game. That would give you access to the 1.0 playsets (which can go for cheap now)

If I bought the starter set and then a playset and got that with the buy one get one for 40% off how would a return be handled if I returned the playset? Do they split the total or what?

All Disney Infinity starter packs now $40 at Disney Store.

It annoys me that all these deals price the Marvel and Toy Box packs the same, despite the $15 difference in retail.  Basically it means there are never any good deals on the Toy Box packs.

For multi-platform games, it's usually a good idea to default to PS4 unless you have reasons to go a different direction (i.e. friends have the game on another console), simply because it has the most horsepower. Avoid the Wii U if possible because the inferior hardware may lead to poorer graphics or lower limits on Toy Box size. The Xbox One version would be fine, the only downside there is that the base could never be used with any other system (one base works for PS3/PS4/Wii).

Avoid the Wii U if possible because the inferior hardware may lead to poorer graphics or lower limits on Toy Box size. The Xbox One version would be fine, the only downside there is that the base could never be used with any other system (one base works for PS3/PS4/Wii).
Which is funny you say that as most people that have spoken on here pretty much universally say that the WiiU is about a thousand times better in Toybox mode, playing without the TV turned on (you can play on the controller), and I'm not so sure you're right about the Toybox size thing... so if you could source that statement, it'd be appreciated.

And let us not forget you get the WiiU original Infinity for free (at least did) meaning of the 3 it's the only console that will allow you to play all iterations (so far) of Infinity.

And now I slightly hate myself because I sat on my hands and didn't get in on the free power disc with Playset offer at Best Buy. Now you can't order it online for in-store pickup OR for shipping. The playsets are still on sale and available in-store, but I somehow doubt that the free power disc pack offer applies in-store as well.
Damn, me too. I just assumed that was a weekend-long promo. Oh well, saves me $20 (on the Spiderman set).

Which is funny you say that as most people that have spoken on here pretty much universally say that the WiiU is about a thousand times better in Toybox mode, playing without the TV turned on (you can play on the controller), and I'm not so sure you're right about the Toybox size thing... so if you could source that statement, it'd be appreciated.

And let us not forget you get the WiiU original Infinity for free (at least did) meaning of the 3 it's the only console that will allow you to play all iterations (so far) of Infinity.
I don't really see the appeal of playing on a 6" 480p screen rather than a big screen, but some people may like that. This thread confirms that the Wii U cannot support the larger toy boxes that can be built on the XBO and PS4. This is not very surprising given that the Wii U only has a quarter of the RAM available on those systems. Also the Wii U version runs at 600p rather than the 1080p of the PS4/XBO.

You are correct that the Wii U is the only console that will run both DI 1 and 2, and the free DI 1 software is a nice bonus.

Thanks... yea.. I had read that conversation... the most striking part was:In my opinion the block limit is sightly higher, but not 4 - 5 times higher! The new toys and logic requires in my opinion more memory than before. Also, you now have in the same meter 3 different markers related with memory, logic and online playing. I think the meter is limited at the moment, I think they can increase it a lot more playing in PS4 or Xbox One, but they will launch with that current limit. 

I read that to mean that while they may be slightly bigger, there were software limitations in the game that prevented the XBO and PS4 from taking full advantage of the greater memory in the newer generation consoles.

And it's not that you are constantly playing.. but rather when you want to just give your kid their game to play and let'm have at it while you watch TV.   It does have some perks.  I'm not exactly expecting 1080p from something like that.  But more specifically, when you're building, having that little screen full of the Toybox items so you can just touch and go rather than having to key through everything.

At the end of the day it really does just boil down to system preference.

Managed to snag the Marvel Super Heroes Special Value Pack ($99) for the sale price of $37 at Wal-Mart!  It was last PS3 "Starter Pack" so the CSM approved the price match!  

Wish we had the BF prices from last year (GS 2 for $13.99) but I guess $8.80 before tax is as good as it will get at Best Buy or $9 at WM.

Submitting WM's $9 price on Amazon in hopes they will match it online. Saves on tax a bit. 

Last year, Amazon met or beat all Infinity deals, and they're the only ones teasing Power Disc sales for this Friday.
Where did you see Amazon teasing Power Disc sales for today? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. They had that 50% off disc deal last week...

$37 Disney Infinity Marvel Starter Pack for the XBO and PS4 and $9 Marvel Infinity figures popped up on the Lightning Deals and are around 60% and 80% claimed as of now.

Naturally I was outside putting up Christmas decorations when they popped up. I did snag Venom, Drax, Iron Fist, Nick Fury, and Hawkeye. Not the best price, but this is better than GCU being tax free. Missed out on Hulk, but I ordered Cap, Baymax, Hiro, Donald, Groot and Rocket at BB.com. 

"And now I slightly hate myself because I sat on my hands"

I thought that you were going to post something completely different ew lol

I bought the Marvel starter pack and want to know if i can buy any figures to play on that? Its going to be for my little girl so yeah gonna get any princess ones i can find.

Could somebody give me an introduction to this stuff? It seems really interesting but all the different sets and stuff is very intimidating. The new Marvel thing is an entirely new game, right? Is it okay to buy it for 360 or PS3 or should I wait until I find a cheap new gen console? Is it as addictive and money-burning as other collection-based hobbies, such as M:TG?

Is there any point in an adult like myself getting this (by that I mean, is this the kind of family-oriented game that has that "we didn't need to try because kids just like the characters" feel)? Thank you and sorry for wasting thread space, I get a feeling this kind of question is asked all the time.

Could somebody give me an introduction to this stuff? It seems really interesting but all the different sets and stuff is very intimidating. The new Marvel thing is an entirely new game, right? Is it okay to buy it for 360 or PS3 or should I wait until I find a cheap new gen console? Is it as addictive and money-burning as other collection-based hobbies, such as M:TG?

Is there any point in an adult like myself getting this (by that I mean, is this the kind of family-oriented game that has that "we didn't need to try because kids just like the characters" feel)? Thank you and sorry for wasting thread space, I get a feeling this kind of question is asked all the time.
There are only 2 games at this point, Disney Infinity (1.0) and Disney Infinity 2.0. Each game has 2 primary modes of play - Play Sets, which are worlds with some specific theme (e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean) where you complete missions, and Toy Box, which is a freeform environment where you can build your own world or download premade toy boxes from the Internet. Play sets require that you use a character from that set to play (e.g. Jack Sparrow for Pirates), but Toy Box allows you to use any character. Some characters are not from any play set and can only be used in Toy Box mode.

Here are the play sets available for each game:

Disney Infinity 1.0

The Incredibles*

Monsters University*

Pirates of the Caribbean*

Cars

Lone Ranger

Toy Story

* = included in Disney Infinity 1.0 starter pack

Disney Infinity 2.0

The Avengers+

Guardians of the Galaxy

Spider Man

+ = included in Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel starter pack

Everything that works with Disney Infinity 1.0 will also work in 2.0 except for Play Sets. The reverse is not true (i.e. 2.0 characters will not work in the 1.0 game). There are also power discs, which are strictly optional items that either give your characters some bonus or provide additional toys or sky/terrain decorations in toy box mode. I've left out a bunch of stuff but those are the basics in a nutshell.

As far as playing the game as an adult, the game is designed for kids and the challenge level is set accordingly. So, you may still enjoy playing as an adult, but if you are looking for challenging gameplay you should look elsewhere. Collecting all the characters can get rather expensive if you are into that.

I posted back when we got the game that I was extremely disappointed between the Spiderman and the Avengers playset. You could tell how much was just copy and pasted between them.  My kid averages around 6-8 hours of gameplay between each of the sets, and I'm the one who generally collects stuff behind her for another couple of hours.

I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to these toy games, so I have a few questions.

I bought a 2.0 starter (Meredith/Stitch) for PS4 as a gift. All the original figures are compatible, right? And should I buy extra figures individually, or should I buy "play sets" for more content or better value?

Questions about upgrading from 360 to xbone:

I caved in and got a one with the Microsoft store deal. Infinity is mostly for my kids who love the toy box. Can you transfer created worlds from 360 to one? What about character level? Are there any compelling benefits in upgrading systems like bigger created worlds on the one? I got both toy box 2 sets and will return the one for the system I don't go with.

Questions about upgrading from 360 to xbone:

I caved in and got a one with the Microsoft store deal. Infinity is mostly for my kids who love the toy box. Can you transfer created worlds from 360 to one? What about character level? Are there any compelling benefits in upgrading systems like bigger created worlds on the one? I got both toy box 2 sets and will return the one for the system I don't go with.

Oh, and can Marvel characters be used in the non-Marvel starter?
Just came here to ask the same question lol. Well I know the characters can work in the toy box, but can you use the world pieces (i.e. the Avengers, Spiderman, or Guardians of the Galaxy world figures) with the starter kit? Kinda confusing the way theyve done it, its called Toy Box Starter set but it also claims to be a full copy of Disney 2.0. Just wanna make sure before I pick it up for someone.

The Avengers, Spider-Man, and Guardians playsets will all work with the version of the game that comes with Stitch and Merida (Toy Box Starter kit), it's the exact same game just with different figures/discs and no playset to begin with. All 1.0 and 2.0 characters will also work the that set. 

Just came here to ask the same question lol. Well I know the characters can work in the toy box, but can you use the world pieces (i.e. the Avengers, Spiderman, or Guardians of the Galaxy world figures) with the starter kit? Kinda confusing the way theyve done it, its called Toy Box Starter set but it also claims to be a full copy of Disney 2.0. Just wanna make sure before I pick it up for someone.
Yes, the Marvel figures and play set pieces both work with the Disney starter set. The game disc is exactly the same for the Marvel and Disney starter sets.

Well I caved in and bought the Marvel Starter Pack, couldn't resist basically 50% off...

Was trying to get the Toys R Us deal buy 1 get 70% off next, but it never materialized online.  Was it just in-store?

For those lucky enouogh to live in Texas, all HEB Plus! stores have the original infinity figures on clearance for 3.99 and the playsets and toy box sets for 4.99 (I managed to get Toy Story, Phineas and Agent P and the Ralph set). Some stores have them marked as clearance, some others do not, but the price is on the system, so they will ring correctly. 

I also saw starters for Wii U and Ps3 on 20. 

Well I caved in and bought the Marvel Starter Pack, couldn't resist basically 50% off...

Was trying to get the Toys R Us deal buy 1 get 70% off next, but it never materialized online. Was it just in-store?

I think B1G1 70% off was instore only. B1G1 40% was the online sale. Best Buy has the figures 3 for $33. (If you have Gamer's Club its even better $8.80 per figure)

bread's done
Back