Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to reset them?
I saw this posted on the Infinity forum. Reply is from a Forum Mod:

"If you're playing Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition), you can reset your character figure completely by returning to the game's main menu, then selecting the following options:
Options; Game Options; Reset Figure.
This will also reset the character's skill tree."

Not sure if this is what you were asking.

For those lucky enouogh to live in Texas, all HEB Plus! stores have the original infinity figures on clearance for 3.99 and the playsets and toy box sets for 4.99 (I managed to get Toy Story, Phineas and Agent P and the Ralph set). Some stores have them marked as clearance, some others do not, but the price is on the system, so they will ring correctly.

I also saw starters for Wii U and Ps3 on 20.
Just snagged 3 figures for a few bucks each! Thanks!

The Marvel Starter pack isn't still on sale for $40 anywhere, is it? Or is it expected to be around $40 again for Cyber Monday or sometime before Christmas?

My niece just let me know that she wants this for Christmas but I'm not too keen on spending much as I want to get her and my other niece more than just this for Christmas.

Thanks in advance. :)

Might be a bit late. But Costco still has it for $37.99 till tonight 11/30

If you have a MS store near you, you might be able to get it for $36.99-$39.99 there. Out of Stock online for now for 360 and XB1 if you went that route. 

It's gotten kind of hard to buy these from Best Buy's website. Most figures are either sold out for shipping or out of stock in stores. 2.0 play sets are slim pickings too.

The Marvel Starter pack isn't still on sale for $40 anywhere, is it? Or is it expected to be around $40 again for Cyber Monday or sometime before Christmas?

My niece just let me know that she wants this for Christmas but I'm not too keen on spending much as I want to get her and my other niece more than just this for Christmas.

Thanks in advance. :)
Same issue here with my little brother :( I'll pay more if I end up having to but I'm really hoping I can find one tomorrow...

All similar in length, yes. 8-10 hours each if you take your time and explore, and possibly even 2 hours or so more if you want to collect everything.
Did you feel the same way about the length of the Avengers playset? My son and I did all the missions in about 5 hours and I was a little disappointed because I felt that 1.0 playsets seemed to have more content. Maybe it's just because there aren't as many collectibles, but it still seemed way too short.

Did you feel the same way about the length of the Avengers playset? My son and I did all the missions in about 5 hours and I was a little disappointed because I felt that 1.0 playsets seemed to have more content. Maybe it's just because there aren't as many collectibles, but it still seemed way too short.

Yeah, it was about 8-10 hours for the Avengers one too if you take your time and enjoy everything, though I haven't taken the time to collect everything on that playset yet.

It's certainly disappointing and I wish it was it was longer, especially given how much it costs but at least it can be kept fresh with a variety of figures plus the Toy Box of you're bored with the playsets.

Ugh. So I was reading the 2.0 FAQ, and if I'm understanding it right then you can't play the actual play sets of the original characters in 2.0, only use them in Toy Box mode?

Because I'm going to be making a good number of returns if that's the case.

Questions about upgrading from 360 to xbone:
I caved in and got a one with the Microsoft store deal. Infinity is mostly for my kids who love the toy box. Can you transfer created worlds from 360 to one? What about character level? Are there any compelling benefits in upgrading systems like bigger created worlds on the one? I got both toy box 2 sets and will return the one for the system I don't go with.
I went from the 360 to the xbone. My disney profile (or username or whatever they call it you create to log into the DI website) automatically transfered when i started DI 2.0. I assume it is linked to my xbox live profile. When i checked the toybox area. The one toybox i had uploaded to DI was there and instantly playable. The few others i had made and not uploaded were not.

Character level number were the same but this time there is a skill tree associated with the figures and i am not sure how that transfers to the old characters. I literally played long enough to load all my old stuff and about 30 min of the GoG playset.

Also if you use you DI 1.0 playsets on the base you cannot play those in DI 2.0 (as stated on the box) but it does unlock the toys opened in those worlds in DI 2.0 for the toybox (I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere).

I hope that makes sense as i am on mobile and disney seemed to almost make this game as hard to understand as possible.

Ugh. So I was reading the 2.0 FAQ, and if I'm understanding it right then you can't play the actual play sets of the original characters in 2.0, only use them in Toy Box mode?

Because I'm going to be making a good number of returns if that's the case.
Yes, this is correct. The characters from 1.0 will only work in the toy box in 2.0. The playsets from 1.0 are not playable in 2.0.

Are people dumb?  I mean seriously.  What makes them ASSUME that playsets from one game will transfer into another?  The Skylanders playsets don't unlock between games.  They unlock one or two items (which these do) and that's about it.  

Figure 1.0->2.0 yes.  

Playset 1.0->2.0 no.  

Figures 2.0->1.0 no.

And it's gotten to the point that Disney even made that factoid breakdown for people who couldn't read with check marks and big red X's.........

I don't get it.  5 minutes of google work.  Or the fact that we clarify it here in this thread as often as we do.  It's just astounding to me.  Idiocracy is real man.  It's getting more real every day.

Also note.. that besides being answered here.. the answers to the very same questions were answered LESS THAN A PAGE BACK.

Are people dumb? I mean seriously. What makes them ASSUME that playsets from one game will transfer into another? The Skylanders playsets don't unlock between games. They unlock one or two items (which these do) and that's about it.
Until three days ago I didn't know what the hell the difference between a play set and the toy box was. When you're just buying into this shit for the first time you don't know what you're getting into. All I remember is being told that original figures were compatible with 2.0. As someone that has never played the game before why would you ASSUME that I know they meant 50% compatible?

Not to mention that the way they rolled out 2.0, it makes all the original figures mostly worthless to first time adopters on the PS4/Xbone platforms.

Until three days ago I didn't know what the hell the difference between a play set and the toy box was. When you're just buying into this shit for the first time you don't know what you're getting into. All I remember is being told that original figures were compatible with 2.0. As someone that has never played the game before why would you ASSUME that I know they meant 50% compatible?
IGN explains things nicely, for example you can see what characters can be used on the spider man play set.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/disney-infinity/Marvels_Spider-Man_Play_Set

IGN explains things nicely, for example you can see what characters can be used on the spider man play set.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/disney-infinity/Marvels_Spider-Man_Play_Set
Thanks for that. It's nice that most of the Marvel figures can be used in other Marvel plsysets. But unfortunately it's not the Marvel stuff that I bought the game for. My wife and daughter want to play as Anna, Elsa, Rapunzel, and stuff like that. But now I realize that all they get is those characters in a sandbox on the PS4.

Thanks for that. It's nice that most of the Marvel figures can be used in other Marvel plsysets. But unfortunately it's not the Marvel stuff that I bought the game for. My wife and daughter want to play as Anna, Elsa, Rapunzel, and stuff like that. But now I realize that all they get is those characters in a sandbox on the PS4.
those characters have no play set use in 1.0 or 2.0. they are sandbox characters all the way.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/disney-infinity/Disney_Originals

Are people dumb? I mean seriously. What makes them ASSUME that playsets from one game will transfer into another? The Skylanders playsets don't unlock between games. They unlock one or two items (which these do) and that's about it.

Figure 1.0->2.0 yes.
Playset 1.0->2.0 no.
Figures 2.0->1.0 no.

And it's gotten to the point that Disney even made that factoid breakdown for people who couldn't read with check marks and big red X's.........

I don't get it. 5 minutes of google work. Or the fact that we clarify it here in this thread as often as we do. It's just astounding to me. Idiocracy is real man. It's getting more real every day.

Also note.. that besides being answered here.. the answers to the very same questions were answered LESS THAN A PAGE BACK.
Part of the confusion could revolve from the fact the producers of the game have given conflicting statements on the game. For instance, at one point they even announced figures would be forward and backward compatible through title updates to older games.
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/disney_infinity/news/disney_plans_to_release_a_new_disney_infinity_game_every_year.html

"We'll not only be forwards-compatible but backwards-compatible as well," Vignocchi continued, "because we'll push a title update that features all the characters from Infinity 2 that can be applied to your Infinity 1 game. So then players from Infinity 2 can still interact with players from Infinity 1 inside of their Toy Box with that title update.

"So even if you own Infinity 1, you could buy an Infinity 2 character, [and] we would push all the animation data down the pipe into the Toy Box on Infinity 1."
That's a direct quote from John Vignochi, the executive producer of Disney Infinity.

If its mainly the Frozen characters you're interested in they don't have a playset, only toy box mode, which means they have the same use in both 1.0 and 2.0.

Part of the confusion could revolve from the fact the producers of the game have given conflicting statements on the game. For instance, at one point they even announced figures would be forward and backward compatible through title updates to older games.
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/disney_infinity/news/disney_plans_to_release_a_new_disney_infinity_game_every_year.html

That's a direct quote from John Vignochi, the executive producer of Disney Infinity.
Yep, I would expect anyone new to this to be confused. At one point we all believed the new toys would work in the old game. I feel like Disney intentionally misled people on it, but that's a whole other matter.

I got the PS3 version for the kids for Christmas.

I got the Marvel Avengers 2.0, Anna and Elsa set, Spiderman 2.0, Baymax and Tinkerbell.

I had to do some research on how it worked, but I really liked how all the parts are interchangeable outside the game disc.

Anyone have any suggestions on other figures to look for?

My kids are eight and twins at three and a half.

I got the PS3 version for the kids for Christmas.

I got the Marvel Avengers 2.0, Anna and Elsa set, Spiderman 2.0, Baymax and Tinkerbell.

I had to do some research on how it worked, but I really liked how all the parts are interchangeable outside the game disc.

Anyone have any suggestions on other figures to look for?

My kids are eight and twins at three and a half.
I'm assuming you have girls. They tend to gravitate towards female characters, as boys do with the male's. More female figures?

Honestly, my daughter plays almost all the Marvel (favoring Black Widow... but she's super stoked about Falcon).  1.0 she played a lot of the Cars but mostly Mater and Lightning.  Once Frozen came out, that's all she'd play in Toybox.  So far for the 2.0 originals she has spent time with Merida and Tink but favoring Stitch and Baymax (they'd have made a fortune if they sold the 2 girls from BH6).  (weird right?)

Don't buy them all.  Other than your collector instinct it really isn't worth it and they mostly just gather dust.

The Wreck it Ralph pack with Ralph, Venelope, and the two cosmetic discs are 16.99 on the Microsoft Store online right now. If your kids liked that movie that may be a good choice. Free shipping too.

If you use the Wreck it Ralph terrain on a race track it looks AWESOME.

It looks like Toys R Us is going to have BOGO power discs tomorrow (12/5).  There's also some speculation that you could stack a $10 off $35 deal on top of it, but that's questionable.  If that worked it would make for a pretty amazing deal, but otherwise BOGO isn't bad.

If 2.0 was your introduction to DI, would it even matter if you buy original vs 2.0 power discs?

i see the toys r us fyler list the new DI originals 2.0 album at $9.99 anyone have any luck getting it for that price in store?

There any chance we'll see another figure sale before the new year? The Wal-Mart around here actually had quite a few figures left from the 9 dollar BF sale but of course the two I'm interested in weren't stocked.

i see the toys r us fyler list the new DI originals 2.0 album at $9.99 anyone have any luck getting it for that price in store?
The picture is wrong. The item number, link and description are for the smaller Marvel 2.0.

The album pictured is the larger TRU version for 2.0 Originals that holds 42 discs. (It's like the one already released at Target.)

You might get lucky in store though...

Hey did anyone else who bought 2.0 digitally and show proof of purchase head anything about getting the two discs for the disney toybox games yet. i haven heard anything. i know it was like the first 10,000 o register it but i havent heard anything yet. thanks.

Hey did anyone else who bought 2.0 digitally and show proof of purchase head anything about getting the two discs for the disney toybox games yet. i haven heard anything. i know it was like the first 10,000 o register it but i havent heard anything yet. thanks.
After I submitted my info & picture of the receipt, it stated that you had to wait about 2 months and there's no way to check if you qualified

I tweeted at JV a few weeks ago and he said the promo is still going, so I bought the digital ps3 version. haven't seen/heard anything about the discs though.

There any chance we'll see another figure sale before the new year? The Wal-Mart around here actually had quite a few figures left from the 9 dollar BF sale but of course the two I'm interested in weren't stocked.
I personally doubt we'll have anything better than $9 per figure - which even that wasn't great. Which ones were you looking for? They're slightly more, but you can get most of the 2.0 figures at the Disney Store for $10.49.

Just purchased this as a gift for my daughter for Christmas. Any must have accessories I should buy beforehand?
Best Buy this week has $5 off two disney infinity Characters(it also stacks with gamers club unlocked). You could pick out some characters she likes, here is a list of figures from 1.0 and 2.0 https://infinity.disney.com/characters#disney

The power disc aren't that important, they just change minor things or give other items

That's not bad at all at BB. If you have Gamer's Club Unlocked membership it comes out to roughly $9.19 plus tax for two figures. For me that's around $19.85.

I personally doubt we'll have anything better than $9 per figure - which even that wasn't great. Which ones were you looking for? They're slightly more, but you can get most of the 2.0 figures at the Disney Store for $10.49.
Sunova beach...

My full price order from them of two DI2 playsets and a character is supposed to arrive today...

I take it the Disney Store has a low price guarantee?

This may interest those looking for the rare 1.0 figures.  A Target near me which had almost no figures around the time that Target stores were clearancing DI 1.0 figures in a bizarre haphazard way, got restocked shortly after the crazy pseudo clearance was over.  The only rareish character at the time was Francesco who I hardly see anywhere nowadays.  Today they have five Randalls sitting on a peg.  Sign that rare figures are getting produced again or just somebody found a lost box in a warehouse???

Considering the 1.0 figures work in Toy Box mode in 2.0, I never understood why it seemed like 1.0 figures were getting phased out.  Then I saw a crystal Mickey was released for 2.0 and it made sense.  Re-releases for even more profit...

This may interest those looking for the rare 1.0 figures. A Target near me which had almost no figures around the time that Target stores were clearancing DI 1.0 figures in a bizarre haphazard way, got restocked shortly after the crazy pseudo clearance was over. The only rareish character at the time was Francesco who I hardly see anywhere nowadays. Today they have five Randalls sitting on a peg. Sign that rare figures are getting produced again or just somebody found a lost box in a warehouse???

Considering the 1.0 figures work in Toy Box mode in 2.0, I never understood why it seemed like 1.0 figures were getting phased out. Then I saw a crystal Mickey was released for 2.0 and it made sense. Re-releases for even more profit...
This is Disney we are talking about. You wouldnt think they would not release enough stock to create a crazy secondary market? Like with the frozen toys last Christmas or the Cars toys years ago...

The figures of DI 1.0 are still popular. My niece wants the Frozen 2-pack for Christmas. Luckily I was able to get one with GCU from BB.com. Not the best price at all, but better than full price. 

Ugh. The B1G1F deal on TRU.com is limited to only one transaction per person so even if you add two of the Marvel Super Hero discs and 2 of the Originals, it's still only giving you only 1 power disc pack for free. 

Don't know if this deal will stack with the $10 off $35 deal in stores but the B1G1F deal is definitely not working online for more than one item. 

Ugh. The B1G1F deal on TRU.com is limit to only one transaction per person so even if you add two of the Marvel Super Hero discs and 2 of the Originals, it's still only giving you only 1 power disc pack for free.

Don't know if this deal will stack with the $10 off $35 deal in stores but the B1G1F deal is definitely not working online for more than one item.
I'm headed out to the store around 5pm but if anyone checks before then, i'd appreciate hearing how it goes!

I can confirm that the b1g1 free and save $10 on a $35 purchase does stack on the power disc packs. Ended up getting 16 packs for $32 after tax.

bread's done
Back