Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Guardians playset comes with a $10 giftcard? How do we price match that if we don't have Prime?
There's a post on SD that some WM stores have in store signs that when you buy a playset from Disney 2.0 you get a $10 gift card. Apparently some stores are doing it and some aren't.

i did store pickup at walmart for 2.0 wii u and cap america figure. cost was 39.99 and 9 for cap. after speaking to a manager i got them to give me a 25 dollar gift card. 20 for infinity and 5 for the cap. its in the ad but the prices in add are way higher luckily she didnt check my receipt. they were way busy is what i think worked for me..

There's a post on SD that some WM stores have in store signs that when you buy a playset from Disney 2.0 you get a $10 gift card. Apparently some stores are doing it and some aren't.
Is the $10 giftcard automatic for the 2.0 playsets?

Hulk is 9 bucks even on Amazon at the moment. Toy Story pack is 17.99 as well.
Amazon has the Toy Story pack for $28.57 currently. Did amazon jump the price back up or was it a 3rd party seller selling it for $17.99?

I didn't catch it it, just saw it on my search results. Said only 3 left. I don't know if they say that when quantities are low if a third party is selling them.

Is the $10 giftcard automatic for the 2.0 playsets?

Amazon has the Toy Story pack for $28.57 currently. Did amazon jump the price back up or was it a 3rd party seller selling it for $17.99?
It *should* be automatic for the purchase, but when I picked up the Guardians playset the WM customer service rep bypassed the normal checkout and it didn't trigger the $10 gift card. I would suggest try checking out with it and if it doesn't trigger a $10 gc then just return the item immediately or don't purchase it. DI playsets were cheaper around $24.99 a few weeks ago and may change again. Here's a link to a posting of a photo of an in-store add posted at SlickDeals.com

I'm guessing the Toy Story set was a 3rd party seller. There's some UK sellers on Amazon now for $17.99 with $3.99 shipping, which isn't horrible, but might be better to wait for another price swing.

I don't know how low the older sets will go to now. What I do know is Amazon occasionally lowers the new sets to 24.99 so I won't go higher than that now. Got my GOTG set that way not too long ago.

I'm sure this has been answered several times already:

I bought the Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Edition Starter Pack. Is the 2.0 Starter Pack with Stitch & Merida a different game, or a lesser version of Marvel with different figures packed in?

I bought the Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Edition Starter Pack. Is the 2.0 Starter Pack with Stitch & Merida a different game, or a lesser version of Marvel with different figures packed in?
It is toy box only.

Same physical software and base.
It includes two Toy Box discs and two figures which will be sold separately later.

Did anyone else try buying a 2.0 playset at Walmart to see if it triggered a $10 giftcard like the guy on SD posted?

Do you guys recommend any of this stuff at Gamestop (linked below) minus the $5 Kongregate coupon? I was just curious of your preferences with these power discs books, power disc capsules, and display cases. 

I bought Woody and Mater for $4.99 each with the Kongregate coupon. I'm wondering if you guys think it's worth it to buy $12.99 figures for $7.99 (after coupon). They were just $9 on black friday at BB with GCU and I'm thinking I might be better off finding something else to use coupons on. The figures I probably want the most are the Spiderman and Guardians of the Galaxy singles. Is $7.99 the best I'm going to ever do on these? Or is there a chance these will have a $5 giftcard promotion next week at Walmart?

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/disney-infinity-power-disc-album/109629#productDetails

I almost bought this album today, but my store had about 10 of them and I wondered if there was a reason why. I guess because it only holds 20 power discs?

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/disney-infinity-power-disc-capsule/109626

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/disney-infinity-figure-display-case-3-pack/109628

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/disney-infinity-play-n-store/109627

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-20-edition-power-disc-capsule/116794

Usually 50% off figures is the best it usually gets especially for brand new DI figures. $7.99 is probably as decent as we'll see for now. There's supposed to be a $5 promotion at WM still next week though for figures $13.96 as well as the same for playsets and starter sets.

Usually 50% off figures is the best it usually gets especially for brand new DI figures. $7.99 is probably as decent as we'll see for now. There's supposed to be a $5 promotion at WM still next week though for figures $13.96 as well as the same for playsets and starter sets.
Thanks. I might be up for pricematching everything that's worth pricematching. I'm missing a lot of figures (I just finally started playing the games recently). I see the Walmart ad just says "Disney Infinity Marvel 2.0 character." Do you think it's possible that the Guardians of the Galaxy and Spiderman figures will qualify this week? They show the $10 giftcard with the Guardians playset (I wish this was still $24.99 on amazon :wall: ).

Edit: I'm looking at all of the prices for figures on Amazon, Best Buy, and Toys R Us and realizing that it's not worth pricematching anything except those Walmart $9 figures.

Thanks. I might be up for pricematching everything that's worth pricematching. I'm missing a lot of figures (I just finally started playing the games recently). I see the Walmart ad just says "Disney Infinity Marvel 2.0 character." Do you think it's possible that the Guardians of the Galaxy and Spiderman figures will qualify this week? They show the $10 giftcard with the Guardians playset (I wish this was still $24.99 on amazon :wall: ).

Edit: I'm looking at all of the prices for figures on Amazon, Best Buy, and Toys R Us and realizing that it's not worth pricematching anything except those Walmart $9 figures.
All Disney Infinity Figures are $9.99 at Best Buy this week. $7.99 if you have GCU.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-disney-infinity-characters-132939
LOL, I was looking at the prices an hour before they dropped. My prayers have been answered. Now we just need to figure out which "marvel 2.0 figures" trigger the $5 giftcard at Walmart. Hopefully they added some more along with the playsets.

Thanks for the heads up on the Marvel play sets at GS. It doesn't seem like we'll see these under $25 anytime soon. I bit the bullet and got GotG with free shipping.

Oh yeah! Good thing i passed on TRU and got bad luck with WM PM last week. Better to buy. My stuff at BBY. Wooohoo!

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed I picked some figures up for BF, but I'm not going to return and rebuy on a few cents right now. 

The Wal-Mart deal is good through this week 12/27 so if WM price matches $24.99 and you get a $10 gift card too that would be fantastic. Their online add shows it's still $5 gc for figures, $10 gc for playsets, and $20 gc for starter sets.

Sweet! Picked up Baymax, Hiro and Iron Fist. Now I just need Maleficent and GOTG playset and then the ones that come out in Feb.

Last week the only figures that were able to get the $5 gift card at Walmart were the Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and Hawkeye, but the ad seems to indicate all of them now.  

It's a YMMV deal, but if you pick up 2 with a price match to Best Buy, you're basically getting a buy 2 get 1 free once you price match a 3rd.  

All just depends on which figures are getting the gift cards this week.  

Does anyone know if the Walmart $5 Giftcard offer works on the original 1.0 characters?  The ad seems to indicate it's only for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Edition characters.

Is there any point to buying 1.0 figures anyway if I only own Infinity 2.0?  Some of those figures look interesting, but they apparently only work in Toy box mode, and I don't see myself creating levels, only playing them.

Thanks, ordered Hiro and Baymax for now (Since I loved Big Hero Six).

Any other possible hard to find ones you guys would suggest grabbing if I see?

Does anyone know if the Walmart $5 Giftcard offer works on the original 1.0 characters? The ad seems to indicate it's only for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Edition characters.

Is there any point to buying 1.0 figures anyway if I only own Infinity 2.0? Some of those figures look interesting, but they apparently only work in Toy box mode, and I don't see myself creating levels, only playing them.
All of the characters from 1.0 work in 2.0. Do you mean using the gc to buy or if other characters give you the gc when you buy?

All of the characters from 1.0 work in 2.0. Do you mean using the gc to buy or if other characters give you the gc when you buy?
Part 1 of my question: I mean, there's a sale at Walmart that says you get a free $5 Giftcard with purchase of a "Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes 2.0 Edition Character". I'm wondering if you get the free Gift Card with the purchase of the original 1.0 characters as well. Considering how it's worded, I'm not sure if this is the case.

Part 2 of my question: I know you can use the 1.0 characters in 2.0, but you can't use them in any of the playsets, and none of the 1.0 playsets carry over. The toybox is apparently the only place you can use them, which is the creation mode. If I have no interest in creating levels, only playing them, do I have any reason to buy the 1.0 characters?

Are the figures that come with the 3DS starter pack compatible with other platforms? I'm looking for the cheapest method of getting Sully, Jack Sparrow, and Mr. Incredible.

Wow, just got the base game at WM the other day, and it seems like there are some good deals on the figs and sets.  I read the GotG playset is really short, which sucks since I was interested in getting it (loved the movie).  How long is the spiderman playset?  I'm thinking of getting that instead since I really want the Venom figure.  Although the Vita version with the black suit looks cool too.

According to the website, the 1.0 figures and power discs are compatible with 2.0 but I really don't know cause it's for my kids for Xmas?

Well, answering my own question...

I just got back from Walmart with the intention of picking up Rocket, Venom, Anna, Elsa and hopefully Vanellope.  They didn't have the latter, but I grabbed the first four.  Not a single one that they scanned indicated the free $5 gift card.  I told the guy that it was in the sales flier after it didn't scan on Anna, and at first he stated that they had to be Marvel characters.  So I had him scan Venom, then he stated that it had to be Marvel Heroes.  So I had him scan Rocket.  Then he stated that they had to be one of the three characters shown in the ad (Thor, Captain America, Hulk.)  He grabbed a Captain America and scanned him, and sure enough, it indicated $5 gift card.

So yeah, sale is apparently only on the three figures in the ad.  :(

Well, answering my own question...

I just got back from Walmart with the intention of picking up Rocket, Venom, Anna, Elsa and hopefully Vanellope. They didn't have the latter, but I grabbed the first four. Not a single one that they scanned indicated the free $5 gift card. I told the guy that it was in the sales flier after it didn't scan on Anna, and at first he stated that they had to be Marvel characters. So I had him scan Venom, then he stated that it had to be Marvel Heroes. So I had him scan Rocket. Then he stated that they had to be one of the three characters shown in the ad (Thor, Captain America, Hulk.) He grabbed a Captain America and scanned him, and sure enough, it indicated $5 gift card.

So yeah, sale is apparently only on the three figures in the ad. :(
Thanks for checking. It figures it would be the three shown, but Venom was a hero at one point ;). I'll try again for Hulk if they don't pm Gamestop's price for the Spiderman set.

Thanks for checking. It figures it would be the three shown, but Venom was a hero at one point ;). I'll try again for Hulk if they don't pm Gamestop's price for the Spiderman set.
Getting them to PM the playsets was an entirely different beast. Lady at the front register didn't believe they price-matched GameStop, so she called over someone to check. They said they would PM only if GameStop had it in stock. It didn't, so she turned it down. I told her they had it for the same price on Amazon. She started getting all huffy saying that she doesn't price-match Amazon. I said I would pull up their price-match policy stating that they do, and then she's like, "It has to be sold by Amazon, not a third-party!" And I'm like, "I know that, and it is." I pulled up the item on Amazon and showed it to her, and a third woman who was walking past at the same moment. The third woman was like, "Yep, says $24.99 sold by Amazon, it's okay."

Mind you, this was done in the Speedy Checkout/Below 20 items lane. Nice way for them all to hold up the line...

I'm guessing I missed this?
Probably. By time someone posted here it had already been on Slickdeals for hours.

I missed out too, nearest Kmart that shows it in stock would be an extra three hour commute on my way home, plus tolls. So yeah, not worth the trip.

2.0 playsets are $24.99 this week at Gamestop http://www.gamestop....sney-infinity-2

Time to attempt a pricematch at Walmart to get the $10 giftcards as well.

Or just skip the insane holiday shopping walmart crowds and junior detectives and just buy them at Gamestop with Kongregate coupons and tax free Gamestop credit.
BB does not price match and do GCU on top. So, this is a little bit of a deal, which is nice. I do not need to rush out to get the GotG playset.

bread's done
Back