Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys and gals, I struck gold today! If you are looking for some hard to find 1.0 figures try your local Walgreens. Their website will only show an image of Mater, but says "Assortment". It will tell you if your store has stock in, but not which figures. Both of the Walgreens that I went to had Mater (one had a few), but one had Violet and the other had Francesco. Only single figures were at the two that I visited today, and the website doesn't show play sets, or packs.

They are kept on the toy isle.

Good luck, and happy hunting![attachment=11155:image.jpg][attachment=11154:image.jpg]

Ok guys and gals, I struck gold today! If you are looking for some hard to find 1.0 figures try your local Walgreens. Their website will only show an image of Mater, but says "Assortment". It will tell you if your store has stock in, but not which figures. Both of the Walgreens that I went to had Mater (one had a few), but one had Violet and the other had Francesco. Only single figures were at the two that I visited today, and the website doesn't show play sets, or packs.

Good luck, and happy hunting!
I never even considered Walgreens, and I just got a gift card from there for X-Mas! Definitely gonna have to check out some!

I just checked mine out of curiosity and only saw Mater and Dash. Either way my imported Violet/Rapunzel/Vanellope set came in today, despite the lack of protection Violet luckily wasnt broken.

Someone recommended Walgreens back in November when I was looking for Randy/Syndrome.  I stopped at just about every Walgreens I went by and found that the vast majority had Mater, Dash, Barbossa and Davy Jones.  Never found a Violet.  Definitely can't hurt to try as it seems very random as to what each store has.

Not all Walgreens stocks this kinda stuff so it's whatever. I remember a couple years ago when people said they all carried Skylanders but the 3 around here never had them at all.

Not all Walgreens stocks this kinda stuff so it's whatever. I remember a couple years ago when people said they all carried Skylanders but the 3 around here never had them at all.
I work at one, and we have 3 different series of Skylanders, and Inifinity as well. It's more just a regional thing as it's up to the buyer of the area. What they normally do is get a case or two for the area then ship a handful from each case to each store, instead of one case per store, as to save costs. These things rarely sell because no one know we have it except die hard collectors, and even then they are mostly generic figures.

I work at one, and we have 3 different series of Skylanders, and Inifinity as well. It's more just a regional thing as it's up to the buyer of the area. What they normally do is get a case or two for the area then ship a handful from each case to each store, instead of one case per store, as to save costs. These things rarely sell because no one know we have it except die hard collectors, and even then they are mostly generic figures.

Just out of curiosity, could you post what DI figures your store has? I'm pretty positive about Mater being one. LOL

How does crossover work once you have enough tokens? Does it unlock a bonus mission or two, or does it allow you to use the unlocked character as a regular part of the playset team for the rest of the game?

How does crossover work once you have enough tokens? Does it unlock a bonus mission or two, or does it allow you to use the unlocked character as a regular part of the playset team for the rest of the game?
Regular part of the playset

Went by my local closeout TRU and saw they had all Infinity figures and playsets 40% off! That meant $9 figures, though the Marvel single figures were pretty well picked over, with only crappy ones like Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Drax, and Captain America left, but they had plenty of Avengers and GOTG play sets, and a few Spider-Man remaining for $21.20 or somewhereabouts. The Originals fared better, with plenty of 1.0 figures including Davy Jones (though no rare ones, or the Frozen Sisters), all the crystal versions (guess they're not as sought after as Disney wanted them to be) and all but the most popular (Hiro, Baymax, Maleficent) 2.0s remaining. Grabbed a Spider-Man, GOTG, Tinker Bell, and Agent P crystal (yep, they're a gimmick, but they sure look cool lit up on the base, and I'm a fan of Phineas and Ferb).

Walgreens wasn't nearly as fruitful. Four stores, three had nothing but Mater, one had all Maters and a Francesco.

Now more than ever need Rocket. Anyone know what TRU's policy is on returning parts of bulk discounts?

Went by my local closeout TRU and saw they had all Infinity figures and playsets 40% off! That meant $9 figures, though the Marvel single figures were pretty well picked over, with only crappy ones like Iron Fist, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Drax, and Captain America left, but they had plenty of Avengers and GOTG play sets, and a few Spider-Man remaining for $21.20 or somewhereabouts. The Originals fared better, with plenty of 1.0 figures including Davy Jones (though no rare ones, or the Frozen Sisters), all the crystal versions (guess they're not as sought after as Disney wanted them to be) and all but the most popular (Hiro, Baymax, Maleficent) 2.0s remaining. Grabbed a Spider-Man, GOTG, Tinker Bell, and Agent P crystal (yep, they're a gimmick, but they sure look cool lit up on the base, and I'm a fan of Phineas and Ferb).

Walgreens wasn't nearly as fruitful. Four stores, three had nothing but Mater, one had all Maters and a Francesco.

Now more than ever need Rocket. Anyone know what TRU's policy is on returning parts of bulk discounts?
How dare you consider The Immortal Iron Fist a "crappy one"! :shame:

Good luck, and happy hunting!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I wouldn't have thought to check here otherwise. I hit a couple of my local stores this evening and while I struck out at the first, I scored at the second with a Violet!

Not only that, but that particular location was doing 50% off of toys so I snagged her for a cool $7.50 :D/

How dare you consider The Immortal Iron Fist a "crappy one"! :shame:
Agreed, he's a great figure in game.

I have been considering getting Disney Infinity for awhile now and I have afew questions. Is it simple enough for my 3 year old daughter to play? She loves Disney princesses especially Anna and Elsa. My second question is am I even going to be able to find an Anna and Elsa? Is there a list of rare ones that I should be on the lookout for? Last thing is I have Xbox One and 360 if I get the 2.0 I can use any figurine on it correct? Thanks in advanced!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I wouldn't have thought to check here otherwise. I hit a couple of my local stores this evening and while I struck out at the first, I scored at the second with a Violet!

Not only that, but that particular location was doing 50% off of toys so I snagged her for a cool $7.50 :D/

Agreed, he's a great figure in game.

That's awesome,man! I'm glad that I could help out at least one fellow CAGer,and you got her on discount too......BONUS!

I also think that Iron Fist is bad ass in this game. My 5 year old son loves Spidey,so I went with Iron Fist and I have been enjoying him thus far.

I have been considering getting Disney Infinity for awhile now and I have afew questions. Is it simple enough for my 3 year old daughter to play? She loves Disney princesses especially Anna and Elsa. My second question is am I even going to be able to find an Anna and Elsa? Is there a list of rare ones that I should be on the lookout for? Last thing is I have Xbox One and 360 if I get the 2.0 I can use any figurine on it correct? Thanks in advanced!
You shouldn't have a hard time finding Anna & Elsa. You should buy the pack set so that you get the two power disc with them to make the Toy Box look like their world. Your daughter could probably run around with them and kill some enemies. It's co-op,so you could play with her and help her out in jams. You would also need to handle the leveling up of her figures for her.

Yes,you can use 2.0 and 1.0 figures on both the XB1 and 360 as long as you have one base and the 2.0 game for both systems. The 1.0 play sets can only be played with DI 1.0,but the play set pieces will unlock ALL toys for that particular play set automatically when used with 2.0.

I hope that helped.

With Frozen as hot as it is right now, the last 1.0 figures you'll have trouble finding are the Frozen Sisters. However, if she loves Randall Boggs from the two Monsters films, or is a huge Incredibles fan, there could be some problems . . .

Yes,you can use 2.0 and 1.0 figures on both the XB1 and 360 as long as you have one base and the 2.0 game for both systems. The 1.0 play sets can only be played with DI 1.0,but the play set pieces will unlock ALL toys for that particular play set automatically when used with 2.0.

I hope that helped.
Kind of confused with this. Let's say I get Anna and Elsa and go to play them on 2.0 I will get to play with them the same way I would on 1.0?

I think 3 is too young for video games, but that's just a personal opinion.

Possibly, but she already play's ABCmouse which has learning based games. I obviously don't let her play her life away 1 hour a week is the maximum.

My concern would simply be her ability to hold and use a controller.
Also my concern, but she figured out how to use a laptop mouse so maybe she can sit the controller down on the ground and play. We shall see.

I would try to pick up a cheap copy of Disney Universe. Its created for younger kids than Infinity. Its basic platforming with one button attacks. You can coop alongside her and help her along. The beauty here is all the content is created for you, whereas with the Frozen sisters dont have a playset so you're going to be in the toybox building worlds for her to play on or relying on community made levels which may be too complex or simply bad.

Disney Universe also represent a LOT of characters with costumes for many favorites. Also has a few DLC levels like Nightmare before Christmas and Phineas and Ferb which only require like 5 bucks instead of a figure/power disc investment. Watch some YouTube bids to get an impression. Three is too young for infinity imo, especially with grasping with trying to learn a controller for the first time. It might be different if you yourself were into Infinity as much as some of us here are as the investment would be for you as much as her and you'd enjoy really building some areas for her.

I would try to pick up a cheap copy of Disney Universe. Its created for younger kids than Infinity. Its basic platforming with one button attacks. You can coop alongside her and help her along. The beauty here is all the content is created for you, whereas with the Frozen sisters dont have a playset so you're going to be in the toybox building worlds for her to play on or relying on community made levels which may be too complex or simply bad.

Disney Universe also represent a LOT of characters with costumes for many favorites. Also has a few DLC levels like Nightmare before Christmas and Phineas and Ferb which only require like 5 bucks instead of a figure/power disc investment. Watch some YouTube bids to get an impression. Three is too young for infinity imo, especially with grasping with trying to learn a controller for the first time. It might be different if you yourself were into Infinity as much as some of us here are as the investment would be for you as much as her and you'd enjoy really building some areas for her.
I'll agree with you mostly on these points. Disney Universe is a pretty awesome game. While I agree that three may be too young to actually grasp the controls of Disney Infinity, my daughter really enjoyed switching the characters while I was playing. She thought that was a blast! She'd make her own game around it like I had to guess which character I would become next. Now that she's four, she's just starting to use the controller. I put her in the Hall of Heroes and she just runs around, picking the townspeople up and throwing them.

Disney Universe reminded me a bit of a Lego title, obviously without the Lego elements. Nothing mindblowing or groundbreaking, but definitely a bit of fun, especially for the younguns.

The main reason I was considering Disney Infinity was because of the recent wrong pricing at Toys R Us(Credit to SD). At my local Toys R Us the Merida starter pack 2.0 Wii U version was priced at $19.99 and I was going to get them to PM the Xbox One version, but unfortunately they were sold out. So it wasn't really going to be that much of an investment if she didnt like it. I may try the Disney Universe game first though.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:8521]

I once made the mistake of buying Disney Universe for my kids.  That game is pretty bad.  I think Infinity is drastically better.  I think there's a demo so try it out first (or Gamestop 7 day rent it).

I can't knock on Disney Universe, my wife enjoyed it well enough. It's essentially a cross between Littlebigplanet and a Lego game, but all Disney themed.

But on topic, I created a monster by getting my wife DI as a Christmas gift. She's completed getting all the 1.0 characters and now she's focused on power discs. Have any sales been announced or leaked for more pd?

I can't knock on Disney Universe, my wife enjoyed it well enough. It's essentially a cross between Littlebigplanet and a Lego game, but all Disney themed.

But on topic, I created a monster by getting my wife DI as a Christmas gift. She's completed getting all the 1.0 characters and now she's focused on power discs. Have any sales been announced or leaked for more pd?
Not at the moment as far as I know but more will come. Check out the trade thread if she has duplicates to get rid of, plenty of us looking for more.

The main reason I was considering Disney Infinity was because of the recent wrong pricing at Toys R Us(Credit to SD). At my local Toys R Us the Merida starter pack 2.0 Wii U version was priced at $19.99 and I was going to get them to PM the Xbox One version, but unfortunately they were sold out. So it wasn't really going to be that much of an investment if she didnt like it. I may try the Disney Universe game first though.
man, the starter pack for Disney 2.0 infinity for the PS4 was priced at. $19.99 at My local Toys R Us also. I hesitated on buying it, though. Biggest mistake made this week.

Went tonight and mine only had them 3 for $33 sadly. Just want to give people a heads up that your $9 sale may have been store specific.

Went tonight and mine only had them 3 for $33 sadly. Just want to give people a heads up that your $9 sale may have been store specific.
rbenns2 said is was their closeout Toys R Us, so of course it was store specific.

I went to my local Toys R Us to get the play sets for Cars, Lone Ranger, and Toy Story price matched with Best Buy's $19.99, along with the Sidekicks pack for $20.99. All of my local Best Buys are sold out and the Toy Story play set and Sidekicks pack aren't shipping.
The lady working approved my price match, but I only ended up needing the Sidekicks pack pmed. All of the play sets rang up at $17.99, even though they were all marked at $35.99 on the floor. I got everything for $80.58.

Then I bought the last 1.0 Starter Pack from my local Best Buy for $12.89 after GCU and reward certs.

Now I need a good sale to finish off my 1.0 figures. I still need Mickey, Phineas, Agent P, Repunzle, Elsa, Anna, Jack Skellington, and Mater, but not in a hurry as these are regularly available.

I went to my local Toys R Us to get the play sets for Cars, Lone Ranger, and Toy Story price matched with Best Buy's $19.99, along with the Sidekicks pack for $20.99. All are sold out at my local Best Buys are sold out and the Toy Story play set and Sidekicks pack aren't shipping.
The lady working approved my price match, but I only ended up needing the Sidekicks pack pmed. All of the play sets rang up at $17.99, even though they were all marked at $35.99 on the floor. I got everything for $80.58.

Then I bought the last 1.0 Starter Pack from my local Best Buy for $12.89 after GCU and reward certs.

Now I need a good sale to finish off my 1.0 figures. I still need Mickey, Phineas, Agent P, Repunzle, Elsa, Anna, Jack Skellington, and Mater, but not in a hurry as these are regularly available.
Looks like the TRU 50% off 1.0 playsets is still going on, though the stackable B1G1 40% off is over. Also, SIGN UP FOR REWARDS R US! It's just like BB, except you get $5 for every $125 you spend there. I got screwed on it because I spent around $100 on Infinity stuff before I found out about it, and any purchases made before your sign up date are inelligible. .

Looks like the TRU 50% off 1.0 playsets is still going on, though the stackable B1G1 40% off is over. Also, SIGN UP FOR REWARDS R US! It's just like BB, except you get $5 for every $125 you spend there. I got screwed on it because I spent around $100 on Infinity stuff before I found out about it, and any purchases made before your sign up date are inelligible. .
tell me more about the stackable 40% off? Where do I get that?

I've been a Toys R Us Reward member for about 3 years now, but thanks for the advice.

tell me more about the stackable 40% off? Where do I get that?
It's over now, but was going on during the span between X-Mas and New Years. Unfortunately, I could only use it on one set, as there are only three of them, and it didn't stack with starter sets (though the B1G1 30% off video games did).

Did anyone else score the 2.0 toybox starter at TRU for 19.99?  I went in this week and they had all the signs up in both the entrance area as well as in Video games.  I think it was a price mistake but they honored it because the signs were up. 

Did anyone else score the 2.0 toybox starter at TRU for 19.99? I went in this week and they had all the signs up in both the entrance area as well as in Video games. I think it was a price mistake but they honored it because the signs were up.
I missed out on that deal, but remember seeing the signs up. I figured the deal was gonna last through Saturday, which is why I didn't jump on the deal when I saw it... Gonna go check right now actually to see if the signs are still up.

I have never got these deals to work online.
i cant get it to work with my GCU. Im gonna try going later to the actual store today and see if the deal plus my gcu works on the new figures(passed by yesterday and saw they already had GG, Yondu and Ronan on the shelf already)

Went by my local closeout TRU and saw they had all Infinity figures and playsets 40% off! That meant $9 figures, though the Marvel single figures were pretty well picked over, with only crappy ones like Iron Fist, [...] and Captain America left,
What the fuck is wrong with you

It depends on the game. My son has been playing both Wii Sports since he was 1 and he's 3 now. The only game he still has a problem with is the bowling since there is multiple buttons.

I did get him Marvel Infinity this past Christmas but he just picks what figure to use and then "plays" how we play other games (he holds a controller but I'm the one playing)

i cant get it to work with my GCU. Im gonna try going later to the actual store today and see if the deal plus my gcu works on the new figures(passed by yesterday and saw they already had GG, Yondu and Ronan on the shelf already)
I'm actually getting the GCU to work in the cart, but not the $5 off.

I'm sure they'll just take $2.50 off each figure or $5 off one if it doesn't work automatically in store.

so it looks like BB deal of save $5 when you buy 2 figures is for certain figures and not all. Either that or im doing it wrong
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat359400050016&type=category
Phineas Flynn is the only one I see not listed under the offer. Otherwise, everything they carry seems to be there. There're several $7.99 characters that can be had for a song under this offer. Sadly, the $5 off is only good once per transaction, so adding 4 won't get you $10 off and qualify for free shipping, and none of the stores near me, at least, have them in stock.

I've noticed Davy Jones is no longer hard to find, Francesco, while not easy, can be found, and some have been able to locate Violet. Can this be due to Disney re-releasing (or upping production numbers, as they deny ever discontinuing any figures)?

bread's done
Back