Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me how much the figures wind up being with the $5 off two plus GCU? The math is different depending on where in the process they take off the $5.

($13.99+$13.99 - $5) * 0.8 = $9.19/ea
($13.99+$13.99 * 0.8) - $5 = $8.69/ea
$9.19 each. Online doesn't give you the $5 off when you sign in to close the sale and have GCU.

I grabbed Ronan,Yondu, Green Goblin, and Captian America and a power disc pack yesterday from Best Buy. I got the last Goblin, there was only one extra Ronan, and a few left of Yondu. Is stock of new released figures generally this low,or were they just selling really well?
Poor Michael Rooker.

Also Best Buy added the new figures to that buy 2 thing, but I'm adding them and not getting the 5 off, even going all the way through checkout up to "place order". Guldernit.

I don't get what you're saying. Its still not the playsets, just the figures.
He's saying that now you don't need to buy bundles containing unusable playset tokens to get the figures. Only trouble is that the way they're priced you're probably still better off with the bundles.

I take it the BB deal this week with the figures doesn't have to be overridden by a manager to work with GCU?
I had issues on Sunday, but when I went back on Monday everything was working properly, no override required.

Can anyone tell me how much the figures wind up being with the $5 off two plus GCU? The math is different depending on where in the process they take off the $5.

($13.99+$13.99 - $5) * 0.8 = $9.19/ea
($13.99+$13.99 * 0.8) - $5 = $8.69/ea
The figures come out to $9.19.

Is it only for GCU members that pay for the service? Because I'm a GCU member, but never payed for the membership. In addition to that, didn't see a dicscount when I purchased it earlier this week...
Check online and see when you are logged in if it deducts a GCU discount on any gaming item when you add it to your cart. For example a DI figure should show a revised price of $11.19 instead of $13.99. If it's doing that, then you're good. Some people might still be grandfathered in if you were a previous GCU member. If no discount is applied then you need to renew the GCU.

Got all the figures currently available. Best Buy didn't have Ronan when I went today, so they cashier put an order in online for me, and I still got it discounted. Hopefully they'll have another sale when the final two marvel figures come out. 

He's saying that now you don't need to buy bundles containing unusable playset tokens to get the figures. Only trouble is that the way they're priced you're probably still better off with the bundles.
Exactly

Is it only for GCU members that pay for the service? Because I'm a GCU member, but never payed for the membership. In addition to that, didn't see a dicscount when I purchased it earlier this week...
If you didn't pay you're only a GC member, not a GC Unlocked member.

It is my understanding that by using a character on your stand, it binds that character to your account?  Is there a way to tell, without binding the character, if it a used figure?  I ordered a (new) figure from Bestbuy.com for a friend and it arrived very obviously opened.  The back cardboard had been ripped off the plastic piece and had been taped and stapled(!!!) back on.  I'd like to be able to verify if it has been used already without binding it to my game.

It is my understanding that by using a character on your stand, it binds that character to your account? Is there a way to tell, without binding the character, if it a used figure? I ordered a (new) figure from Bestbuy.com for a friend and it arrived very obviously opened. The back cardboard had been ripped off the plastic piece and had been taped and stapled(!!!) back on. I'd like to be able to verify if it has been used already without binding it to my game.
Guess I wasn't the only one. Recently ordered the Toy Story playset, and they sent me that's not sealed. Back cardboard was half way opened.

It is my understanding that by using a character on your stand, it binds that character to your account? Is there a way to tell, without binding the character, if it a used figure? I ordered a (new) figure from Bestbuy.com for a friend and it arrived very obviously opened. The back cardboard had been ripped off the plastic piece and had been taped and stapled(!!!) back on. I'd like to be able to verify if it has been used already without binding it to my game.
It doesn't matter in the slightest. Just reset the figure from the main menu and then take ownership.

It doesn't matter in the slightest. Just reset the figure from the main menu and then take ownership.
In this scenario, I'd be concerned that someone opened the box for the DLC code. Not sure how difficult BBY customer service is going to be about that when you have no way to prove it wasn't you who opened it.

Thanks, but it would matter to him.  Both he and I do not like used things.  If it shows up that someone had used it before, he will want it returned to the store.

I decided to buy Davy Jones and Wreck it Ralph for $5.49 a piece from bestbuy.com. Not my favorite characters, but the price was decent. I'm still somewhat annoyed that GCU didn't stack like it should. Seeing those playsets broken up in to individual figures is kind of disheartening. I'm still playing Disney Infinity 1.0. I thought I'd have plenty of time to find the 1.0 playsets at bargain prices eventually. Now I'm starting to think I should buy them sooner rather than later. I bought the toy story playset from BB for $17.99.

I might try to hit up Kmart to see what they have, but it's quite a drive for me no matter which kmart I go to. Are kmart sale prices usually ymmv? I remember someone mentioning the Cars playset is $14, and I think I remember seeing a few of those the last time I was at Kmart picking up the 3DS starter pack for $9.99. I'd also like to pick up the Lone Ranger playset (it looks much more fun than Cars).

I decided to buy Davy Jones and Wreck it Ralph for $5.49 a piece from bestbuy.com. Not my favorite characters, but the price was decent. I'm still somewhat annoyed that GCU didn't stack like it should. Seeing those playsets broken up in to individual figures is kind of disheartening. I'm still playing Disney Infinity 1.0. I thought I'd have plenty of time to find the 1.0 playsets at bargain prices eventually. Now I'm starting to think I should buy them sooner rather than later. I bought the toy story playset from BB for $17.99.

I might try to hit up Kmart to see what they have, but it's quite a drive for me no matter which kmart I go to. Are kmart sale prices usually ymmv? I remember someone mentioning the Cars playset is $14, and I think I remember seeing a few of those the last time I was at Kmart picking up the 3DS starter pack for $9.99. I'd also like to pick up the Lone Ranger playset (it looks much more fun than Cars).
Wait, the 3DS Starter Set is $9.99 at Kmart? I have a spare base and I might see if I can nab a 3DS set to give the playset piece and figures to a friend along with the base I have so she can download 1.0 from the eShop for free.

If Kmart is a drive for you I wouldn't go or at least call as they've got into a supply issue with their game suppliers and thus they don't have shit in many electronic departments. Anything and everything is wiped out across most stores so I don't recommend going out of your way there. Even if the ones you want to go weren't affected by the issue chances are people have cleared out any discounted things anyway.

The play set pieces from 1.0 are still useful in 2.0,because they automatically unlock all of the items from that play set in Toy Box. I went ahead and snatched them all up while TRU had them for $17.99. I noticed how BBY and other stores were clearancing the out. I still have issues with how much of a money grab the power disc are. I know that I don't have to buy them,or really need them,but that collecting side is talking to me.LOL It's a struggle against getting the ones that I would use vs wanting the whole collection. That's what I need sales on!

If Kmart is a drive for you I wouldn't go or at least call as they've got into a supply issue with their game suppliers and thus they don't have shit in many electronic departments. Anything and everything is wiped out across most stores so I don't recommend going out of your way there. Even if the ones you want to go weren't affected by the issue chances are people have cleared out any discounted things anyway.
I went to a Kmart recently and their whole Infinity section was nothing but empty shelves and racks, the only character left was a Hector Barbossa. There's been reports of $10 Francescos and $15 Wreck-It-Ralph toy boxes, so it's worth a stop if you're nearby, but otherwise no. For some strange reason, there don't seem to be many shopping there, but when there's clearance items, they' get cleared out faster than more popular stores like Target and Best Buy.

I found a Violet at Walgreens! Unfortunately, I put in an order for that 3 pack from the UK at the beginning of the month. I suppose it would cost too much to ship it back (as well as losing the money I paid to get it here), but I didn't want to leave a new one in package on the shelf. Guess I'll just have two now - one to play with and one to keep in the package.

I found a Violet at Walgreens! Unfortunately, I put in an order for that 3 pack from the UK at the beginning of the month. I suppose it would cost too much to ship it back (as well as losing the money I paid to get it here), but I didn't want to leave a new one in package on the shelf. Guess I'll just have two now - one to play with and one to keep in the package.
Congrats! That makes 3 of us!

I picked up Yondu, Ronan, and Green Goblin at BB today. I couldn't think of a 4th figure to get since I'm all caught up, but using a $10 reward certificate made it $20 for all three. I can't complain. 

I picked up Yondu, Ronan, and Green Goblin at BB today. I couldn't think of a 4th figure to get since I'm all caught up, but using a $10 reward certificate made it $20 for all three. I can't complain.
I think I personally would have probably picked up a fourth figure and even exchanged it when Jasmine released.

Thanks, but it would matter to him. Both he and I do not like used things. If it shows up that someone had used it before, he will want it returned to the store.
As long as the figure looks good and isn't damaged I don't see the issue. I get this mentality with some things but the fact that you would keep it if its not registered shows theres nothing wrong with the figure itself and that its just an OCD thing.

I know, I was thinking along those lines but I want to get the two power discs that are with the Aladdin/Jasmine two-pack.

Thats what I'm doing as well. I originally picked up Aladdin during the sale after Black Friday but returned him because of this. I'm getting Jasmine anyway, might as well get the guaranteed two discs I need as well.

Got Donald Duck and Aladdin for $7.50 each today. Aladdin surprised me - I thought he'd be really lame (apparently so did a lot of others - there were tons of him) but he's actually really fun to play as. Donald Duck is also pretty cool - another character done really well.

They had a bunch of others, but I already had them except for Phineas (whom I don't like - he's got a great show, but he himself looks hideous) and Mater, who has a nice sculpt, but is a Car, all of which play exactly alike.

As long as the figure looks good and isn't damaged I don't see the issue. I get this mentality with some things but the fact that you would keep it if its not registered shows theres nothing wrong with the figure itself and that its just an OCD thing.
It is absolutely an OCD thing; guilty as charged. I just received my Davy Jones today and he is in the same condition, previously opened, stapled closed. I bit the bullet with Ralph (the character from yesterday.) I had ordered two of him, one for me and one for a friend. Mine come in a better condition, so I let my friend have that one and I put the one from the stapled box onto my base, and it linked immediately without me having to take it over.

Odd thing about Bestbuy. I placed an order on Sunday morning for Ralph and Mickey (1.0) and an order on Monday for Davy and a copy of Ralph for my friend. Monday I got two e-mails, the first saying they shipped my Mickey, the second saying they shipped my friend's Ralph. Yesterday I came home to find three packages from BestBuy. My Mickey, My Ralph and my friend's Ralph. They decided to ship each character in separate boxes. They never even told me that my Ralph was going out and then around this afternoon, I finally get an e-mail telling me they shipped him. I get home today and find my Davy waiting for me, yet I still have not gotten the e-mail saying they shipped him, nor is their site saying they have.

Got Donald Duck and Aladdin for $7.50 each today. Aladdin surprised me - I thought he'd be really lame (apparently so did a lot of others - there were tons of him) but he's actually really fun to play as. Donald Duck is also pretty cool - another character done really well.

They had a bunch of others, but I already had them except for Phineas (whom I don't like - he's got a great show, but he himself looks hideous) and Mater, who has a nice sculpt, but is a Car, all of which play exactly alike.
Where was this?

Odd thing about Bestbuy. I placed an order on Sunday morning for Ralph and Mickey (1.0) and an order on Monday for Davy and a copy of Ralph for my friend. Monday I got two e-mails, the first saying they shipped my Mickey, the second saying they shipped my friend's Ralph. Yesterday I came home to find three packages from BestBuy. My Mickey, My Ralph and my friend's Ralph. They decided to ship each character in separate boxes. They never even told me that my Ralph was going out and then around this afternoon, I finally get an e-mail telling me they shipped him. I get home today and find my Davy waiting for me, yet I still have not gotten the e-mail saying they shipped him, nor is their site saying they have.
There are a couple reasons as to why they would come in separate boxes. They may not be shipping from the same location, some orders get defaulted to actual stores where the product is pulled off the floor and shipped out. Orders are sent to the store based on that locations inventory, i.e. having a Ralph in stock whereas the same store may be OOS of Davy so he becomes requested from another store. Another could be they simply didn't find them both at the same time and shipped one out while still locating the other.

As far as to the lack of notifications, when items are shipped out from a retail location they are picked up by UPS everyday. Once picked up they are on their way to your house, however for the shipped notification to be sent an employee must acknowledge that they were picked up in the system. If someone forgets for a day or two to acknowledge packages that were picked up then thats how you end up with the product on your doorstep before ever getting an email.

This was at a TRU closeout.

BTW, my Girls Triple Power Pack arrived today from the UK. The figures are identical to the US counterparts, and work fine on US systems. Even the web codes work.

As someone else mentioned, mine was also poorly packed. The plastic on the front was smashed in, as they more or less mailed it in a bag. Fortunately, none of the figures were damaged. Disney does a real good job protecting them in the package.

Hi everyone I need a bit of help. What's the cheapest way to get the game on Wii U. Infinity 2.0 that is. I have it on the PS4 and the kids want to play it on their Wii u when I occupy the PS4. I have all the figures and the base. I really just need the game. In the eshop its $30 or I can get the 2.0 toy box starter set for $40 at gamestop and that brings two figures I don't have. Any other options or should I go with the latter? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi everyone I need a bit of help. What's the cheapest way to get the game on Wii U. Infinity 2.0 that is. I have it on the PS4 and the kids want to play it on their Wii u when I occupy the PS4. I have all the figures and the base. I really just need the game. In the eshop its $30 or I can get the 2.0 toy box starter set for $40 at gamestop and that brings two figures I don't have. Any other options or should I go with the latter? Thanks in advance for the help.
Do you have GCU at BBY? Marvel Starter is $36 till the end of Saturday if you do.

I was at toys r us last night and they had a spend $40 or more on infinity, amiibos, or sky landers and save $10. I'm GCU at best buy so here's what I did. Had the toy story play set, sidekicks pack, and a fox amiibo in my cart on best buy. had toys r us match that and then they took another $10 off. Out the door for $44.xx. Might be ymmv on getting them to price match and take the extra $10 off, but it worked for me. Worth a shot if you need any playsets or starter packs.

I was at toys r us last night and they had a spend $40 or more on infinity, amiibos, or sky landers and save $10. I'm GCU at best buy so here's what I did. Had the toy story play set, sidekicks pack, and a fox amiibo in my cart on best buy. had toys r us match that and then they took another $10 off. Out the door for $44.xx. Might be ymmv on getting them to price match and take the extra $10 off, but it worked for me. Worth a shot if you need any playsets or starter packs.
Thanks for the heads-up on that! Might be what I need after passing up an $8.40 Zelda because the UPC was marked up.

I also scored PS3 1.0 starter pack at Walmart this morning for $20. Not sure if it's a store clearance or what. There was no price tag so I took it to a scanner and was surprised it was that cheap. Online it shows up for a lot more than that.

Thanks for the heads-up on that! Might be what I need after passing up an $8.40 Zelda because the UPC was marked up.
I thought it was a nice deal getting best buy sale price, plus GCU discount, and then the toys r us extra $10 off. I might go back for Lone Ranger and cars play sets today.

Also on this buy $40 get $10 off, it counts on pre-orders too, for those who want Falcon, Loki, or Jasmine, with free shipping for every pre-ordered character.

So they'll honor both the BB prices and take of the $10?
The store i went to today shot me down on the extra $10 off 40. They told me the price match takes away the $10 off deal. Store the night before manually took off the extra $10. I'm sure it all depends on who you talk to. I'm going back to the store that allowed both tomorrow to try again.

I'm in the same boat. They are not interested in the Marvel set so I'd recommend getting Disney 2.0 set on Amazon for 38 dollars if it is still that price especially if you need the two figures and two game discs that come with it. Those discs are overprice individually for 20 dollars for the pair. You can always ebay the extra base. For the price, a discouneed starter pack seems the best value if you need stitch/merida/2.0 game/2 game discs.

Not worth it. If you absolutely must get an Infinity branded bag for storage go with one of the Marvel armor bags. But really there are much better storage options out there.

I'm in the same boat. They are not interested in the Marvel set so I'd recommend getting Disney 2.0 set on Amazon for 38 dollars if it is still that price especially if you need the two figures and two game discs that come with it. Those discs are overprice individually for 20 dollars for the pair. You can always ebay the extra base. For the price, a discouneed starter pack seems the best value if you need stitch/merida/2.0 game/2 game discs.
Thanks for the advice. I ended up doing what you recommended.

Check the Super Mario Galaxy 2 download for $10 thread. There's a link for a free download of infinity. Still need the base and figures, but sounds like you have that already.

bread's done
Back