Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
it was listed as $26.99 in store. My bestbuy had nick fury collectors edition, I had no idea what it was so I just picked it up to buy and the system wouldn't let me buy it. I have no idea when the street date is but looks like the stores already have them in stock.
I might buy it if it's $26.99 and GCU works on it. That's still a lot of money for a shitty plastic case like CAiNiAC mentioned.

It's still sort of a rip off even with GCU, but if GCU doesn't apply then that's really a deal breaker. That price will have to drop or they will have to have a very very very limited supply and sell out.

it was listed as $26.99 in store. My bestbuy had nick fury collectors edition, I had no idea what it was so I just picked it up to buy and the system wouldn't let me buy it. I have no idea when the street date is but looks like the stores already have them in stock.
Odd. Was $29.99 the last time I saw it and there was no street date indicated when I checked.

I might buy it if it's $26.99 and GCU works on it. That's still a lot of money for a shitty plastic case like CAiNiAC mentioned.

It's still sort of a rip off even with GCU, but if GCU doesn't apply then that's really a deal breaker. That price will have to drop or they will have to have a very very very limited supply and sell out.
My store received four. Its unlikely that any more than that will come in unless these sell, which also isn't likely.

Odd. Was $29.99 the last time I saw it and there was no street date indicated when I checked.

My store received four. Its unlikely that any more than that will come in unless these sell, which also isn't likely.
yea my store had 3 on the rack. It may have been $29.99 on sale of $26.99, although I have no idea why it would be on sale when it's not even released yet. Were they able to be purchased at your store?

yea my store had 3 on the rack. It may have been $29.99 on sale of $26.99, although I have no idea why it would be on sale when it's not even released yet. Were they able to be purchased at your store?
Is it really just the character and the cheap display case that toysrus was selling for $1 this summer?

Toy story playset and Lone Ranger playset are in stock and $14.99 as of now on micrsoftstore.com

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/Xbox-Black-Friday-Game-Deals/categoryID.67557100?sdtid=7622680&Icid=Xbox360_Spot_3_Clearnace_010614&ClickID=bmfvglq1zlkevqeev1svlksydszgnsvgyqqv&ClickID=aopk9ky0wsk5ntvtlswywskvp0sazswk0llr

I ordered the Cars playset and the Lone Ranger playset from Microsoft. It was nice to have the packages arrive in mint condition unlike the opened ones we've been getting from Best Buy. They were probably shipped from best buy store shelves to be fair. The shipments from Microsoft were packaged very nice and carefully as well.

Toy story playset and Lone Ranger playset are in stock and $14.99 as of now on micrsoftstore.com

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/Xbox-Black-Friday-Game-Deals/categoryID.67557100?sdtid=7622680&Icid=Xbox360_Spot_3_Clearnace_010614&ClickID=bmfvglq1zlkevqeev1svlksydszgnsvgyqqv&ClickID=aopk9ky0wsk5ntvtlswywskvp0sazswk0llr

I ordered the Cars playset and the Lone Ranger playset from Microsoft. It was nice to have the packages arrive in mint condition unlike the opened ones we've been getting from Best Buy. They were probably shipped from best buy store shelves to be fair. The shipments from Microsoft were packaged very nice and carefully as well.
Thanks! The only playset I still needed was Toy Story, so I was finally able to grab it at a nice price.

Just saw a used syndrome on eBay. Item number 111585472393, buy it now $12.99 free shipping if anyone is interested.

I am sure everyone is aware, but the play sets only work with 1.0.
As
I was bummed about this, but its still a good price for the characters.
I bought a 1.0 starter set due to that. That's how it started. Somehow that morphed into 36 figures and counting, and 7 playsets.

HnDEoNi.jpg

Nicky fury with the $26.99 price tag. The system still wouldn't let me buy it yet they're still sitting on the shelf. I asked the manager when it would be available for sale, he told me he has no idea it's not even in their system.

After all this the manager puts the item back on the rack. I don't understand how these stores are run so poorly

I saw 4 Nick Fury CE's sitting on the shelf at my store the other day as well. It would be great if that CE ends up applying to a promo at some point. Like the "buy 2 figures, save $5" sale.

Thanks for showing the picture with the $26.99 tag. My store had them marked $29.99.

Checked again. They are currently 26.99 in the system and listed as clearance per the tag in the pic. If you see it for 29.99 its just because the tag has not been updated and replaced. Also listed as deleted already, which means its unlikely to be replenished.

System has a street date of 11/26/13 which clearly doesn't make sense, but regardless should allow them to be purchased. Not sure why they're not ringing up.

I still have not been able to find Violet at any Walgreens store... It's way overpriced on Ebay and Amazon...
I was able to snag both Violet and Dash at my local Kmart for $8 a piece. They also had the Cars playset for $14.99. I also picked up the PS3 1.0 set for $19 and traded the game into GS.

I know they don't take skylanders games, don't see why DI is different.
They absolutely take the Skylanders games. The only Dark Edition Swap Force sets in my area are for the original Wii. I just wanted the figures, so I bought the set and traded the game in with no issue. It was only worth $2.20 with the PU Card, but it traded in none the less.

DI 1.0 traded in for $5.50 with the PU Card as well.

I was able to snag both Violet and Dash at my local Kmart for $8 a piece. They also had the Cars playset for $14.99. I also picked up the PS3 1.0 set for $19 and traded the game into GS.
Which KMart would this be? California? That would be great if it was.

Did they have anymore Violet figures? If so, any way you can purchase one for me and I'll juust pay you for the figure? lol I really must have that Violet figure...

Beat the game and the playsets. I enjoyed it but not really digging the toybox stuff. If anyone lives in LA. I'm selling my starter pack and the two playsets for really cheap. Feel free to pm me.

With the new 2.0 app, you can buy an individual figure and use it in the ios game without additional purchases, right?
The Apple Store page says yes, though it may not be worthwhile to buy a figure just to use in the app if you don't own a console version as the in app purchase versions appear to cost like $3. I have not seen an answer on whether purchases are shared between IOS and purchases in the PC version.

CHARACTER UNLOCKS
Login to your Disney Account in both the TOY BOX and TOY BOX 2 apps to unlock and carry forward your previous TOY BOX characters. Use web code cards from your physical Disney Infinity Figures to unlock characters in the iOS game.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disney-infinity-toy-box-2.0/id895324943?mt=8

The Apple Store page says yes, though it may not be worthwhile to buy a figure just to use in the app if you don't own a console version as the in app purchase versions appear to cost like $3. I have not seen an answer on whether purchases are shared between IOS and purchases in the PC version.
The web codes you get when you buy a physical figure, playset, or starter pack, are supposed to work with both PC and tablet (IOS). Not sure about in-app purchases, but since Infinities across all platforms can be tied to the same account, it should be possible.

Interestingly enough, more people play Infinity on tablets than the PC and all consoles combined.

Did they have anymore Violet figures? If so, any way you can purchase one for me and I'll juust pay you for the figure? lol I really must have that Violet figure...
I live in Delaware, they had 2-3 left from what I remember. They were a bit dusty, so I'm sure there others are still there.

The web codes you get when you buy a physical figure, playset, or starter pack, are supposed to work with both PC and tablet (IOS). Not sure about in-app purchases, but since Infinities across all platforms can be tied to the same account, it should be possible.

Interestingly enough, more people play Infinity on tablets than the PC and all consoles combined.
You're looking at a buy-in of free on a tablet/phone that doesn't run console-quality games. And on the other hand a MSRP $75 for consoles. The PC version has a free buy-in as well, but with no figures to collect and no way to unlock characters free in game (e.g. Marvel Heroes action RPG, League of Legends, etc etc) I'd imagine it just doesn't stack up as well against the competition.

One dude in the comments on reddit thinks that IAP on the IOS version does NOT carry over to the PC. It's one Disney account, but Apple is getting a cut of any IAP and that could mess with the idea of making the purchases cross-platform. Also, I get the impression that the IOS prices are lower than the PC version for whatever reason. Does the IOS version run playsets? If not that could explain why. In either case, my comment was that it might not make sense to spend $10-14 on a figure that you don't need for IOS but that includes an online code, if you can unlock the same character on the platform you are actually using for like $3.

Word of warning to those ordering the discounted playsets from MS... we ordered the Toy Story set and it arrived today in a gigantic box with zero packing.  I have no idea how it made it to us in good shape, but fortunately it did.

Which of the exclusive TRU power discs are really worth anything gameplay-wise? Discs that increase your stats are what I'm interested in mostly - and there's a couple stat boosting discs in these TRU exclusives that look nice.

The cheapass in me has a real problem spending $5 a pop on blind bags. 99 cents with the current playset promotion is a different story though - so I'd like to get all the TRU discs in one go tomorrow.

Which of the exclusive TRU power discs are really worth anything gameplay-wise? Discs that increase your stats are what I'm interested in mostly - and there's a couple stat boosting discs in these TRU exclusives that look nice.

The cheapass in me has a real problem spending $5 a pop on blind bags. 99 cents with the current playset promotion is a different story though - so I'd like to get all the TRU discs in one go tomorrow.
I'd be curious to know this also. I almost bought one of each doing that barcode trick, but all of the barcodes were covered up with a new barcode sticker. I figured I'd just let Toys R Us keep them. If they ever hit $1 someday like the others, I'll indulge.

Word of warning to those ordering the discounted playsets from MS... we ordered the Toy Story set and it arrived today in a gigantic box with zero packing. I have no idea how it made it to us in good shape, but fortunately it did.
That's weird because they did an excellent job packaging and shipping my Lone Ranger and Cars playsets. They looked immaculate when they arrived. My last 3 DI orders from BB are a completely different story. Weird as hell.

Maybe it depends on who's working the MS warehouse or something.

Scrooge's Lucky Dime boosts money gain by 20%, 40% if you stack two. Thats double what Pieces of Eight will give. Thats the only unique stat boosting disc you can't find an equivalent of in the other series sets.

they were selling for $8 on Monday when I picked them up, not sure how much it is to ship
you wouldn't be able to grab another one for me, would ya? We'll do paypal or something? Or do you have an Ebay account or Amazon? Really must have that Violet character.

you wouldn't be able to grab another one for me, would ya? We'll do paypal or something? Or do you have an Ebay account or Amazon? Really must have that Violet character.
If you're willing to add the cost of shipping why not just buy Violet direct from the Microsoft Store? Regular price of $12.99 but they do free shipping. Would work to about the same and it's in stock.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Disney-INFINITY-Figure-Violet/productID.278213300

You're looking at a buy-in of free on a tablet/phone that doesn't run console-quality games. And on the other hand a MSRP $75 for consoles. The PC version has a free buy-in as well, but with no figures to collect and no way to unlock characters free in game (e.g. Marvel Heroes action RPG, League of Legends, etc etc) I'd imagine it just doesn't stack up as well against the competition.

One dude in the comments on reddit thinks that IAP on the IOS version does NOT carry over to the PC. It's one Disney account, but Apple is getting a cut of any IAP and that could mess with the idea of making the purchases cross-platform. Also, I get the impression that the IOS prices are lower than the PC version for whatever reason. Does the IOS version run playsets? If not that could explain why. In either case, my comment was that it might not make sense to spend $10-14 on a figure that you don't need for IOS but that includes an online code, if you can unlock the same character on the platform you are actually using for like $3.
That makes sense. I don't have an I-phone or pad, so I'm not sure if webcodes include this as well, just heard it does.

One thing about the PC game is the free timed characters. Every five days or so, it temporarily unlocks three random characters you can use and level up within that time period. So far, every time it has included at least one Marvel and one Original (from series 1 or 2). Also, if a new character came out, it will usually show up here shortly after release.

bread's done
Back