Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Quorra and Sam Flynn 2.0 figures are going to be digital-only. They should be on the iOS DI 2.0 already, and they'll hit the PC version in March. Not sure about the console releases.
This saddens me greatly. Disney keeps dropping the ball on character decisions. I'm still hoping for the rest of the Big Hero 6 cast

Quorra and Sam Flynn 2.0 figures are going to be digital-only. They should be on the iOS DI 2.0 already, and they'll hit the PC version in March. Not sure about the console releases.
Is there confirmation of this? I was under the impression that they'd be making figures and the game would require an update to use them.

Though I guess the digital-only route is to eliminate customer confusion.

Is there confirmation of this? I was under the impression that they'd be making figures and the game would require an update to use them.

Though I guess the digital-only route is to eliminate customer confusion.
I got the info from here: http://kotaku.com/the-last-disney-infinity-2-0-characters-are-digital-onl-1683899635

It doesn't actually say there won't be physical figures at some point, so I guess there's still hope that we'll see physical ones in the future.

Anyway, I deleted half my iPad so I can download the game (16GB iPad's are the most useless things, I swear. This game takes up a third of the available space). Here are some screen shots from the in-game store:

SqUywh2.png

hqNzwSo.png

I got the info from here: http://kotaku.com/the-last-disney-infinity-2-0-characters-are-digital-onl-1683899635

It doesn't actually say there won't be physical figures at some point, so I guess there's still hope that we'll see physical ones in the future.
Anyway, I deleted half my iPad so I can download the game (16GB iPad's are the most useless things, I swear. This game takes up a third of the available space). Here are some screen shots from the in-game store:
Ah, I wasn't aware they announced them at the time of my original post.

The Spider-Man playset is either really suddenly popular or severely undershipped. I wanted to pick it up from Best Buy on sale for $19.99 but none of the stores in a 100 mile radius seem to have it available for in-store pickup, though stock of the Avengers and Guardians playsets are plentiful.

The Spider-Man playset is either really suddenly popular or severely undershipped. I wanted to pick it up from Best Buy on sale for $19.99 but none of the stores in a 100 mile radius seem to have it available for in-store pickup, though stock of the Avengers and Guardians playsets are plentiful.
I had the same issue yesterday (althouh there was 2 stores in PA that had it). I ended up just ordering it for shipping. Both that and the GotG set shipped yesterday so it's all good. I thought it was a bit odd because i rarely see any Infinity figures or sets sold out anywhere.

Does anyone know if best buys clearance deals last over multiple weeks? They have a couple clearance guys Im interested in, but would like to combine them with next weeks deal to save on shipping.

Received an email from Disney saying tron characters are an iOS exclusive so this is correct. Hopefully we see their launch in the future on console.

Ha. I just bought Jasmine at Best Buy on Friday for $12.21. When does this sale end? The 15th? I may go in later this week to get it adjusted. 

Oh fucking goddamn, and I thought I had a good deal a few weeks back at $9.19 per figure after the $5 off 2 figures sale stacked with GCU.

Eh, I guess I'll just keep what I have. No sense in trying to juggle a bunch of returns, especially since I paid for everything with gift cards.

Oh man, I didn't even think of all those DI figures I bought during the $5 off sale. I'm still within my return and exchange period, which means I'm also in the price adjustment period. I wonder if they'd be able to change the prices for those figures as well, since they're technically bundles. 

I was just at best buy yesterday, looking at the set, with the full price on it. =| bahhh. I bought it off of amazon for 2 bucks more, with prime.

Is that sale still going on? Or has it changed now with this weeks new deals?

Any certain characters that are really fun to play? Looking to get some new folks this week, currently only have the marvel starter chars

Thought I found a pretty good deal today. Toysrus advertised buy a playset get a figure in store only today, along with showing the gotg playset for 25.99 on the website. Went in to get that plus jack skellington but the playset was at MSRP. When I asked to price match the playset they said I could only do that or get that free figure. Would understand if price matching a competitor but seemed super lame considering it was their own website.

Thought I found a pretty good deal today. Toysrus advertised buy a playset get a figure in store only today, along with showing the gotg playset for 25.99 on the website. Went in to get that plus jack skellington but the playset was at MSRP. When I asked to price match the playset they said I could only do that or get that free figure. Would understand if price matching a competitor but seemed super lame considering it was their own website.
Yeah, I believe TRU makes up their price matching policy as they see fit. I once tried price matching a Lego set to Lego.com. They said they don't match that site. I showed them on their website that they do. They responded with only the website matches other websites. I showed them that it says online and in-store. Their answer was that their store wasn't participating.

Any certain characters that are really fun to play? Looking to get some new folks this week, currently only have the marvel starter chars
Hulk and Venom are awesome, as is Rocket Raccoon (best ranged fighter). Of the Toybox only crowd, Maleficent is a great character, with powerful attacks who can also fly. However, the best overall (from a gameplay standpoint), is Hiro. His nanomachine attacks are absolutely awesome! If there're any characters you particularly like, obviously get those. None are disappointments.

Some of the 1.0 characters are shallow, especially the Wreck-It-Ralph (though I love Vanellope, who has a lot of personality and character-specific quotes), Toy Story, and Lone Ranger figures. Also, Anna and Rapunzel are nearly palette swaps, differing only in their melee attacks. Unless you're a big fan of both (like me) get only one.

Hulk and Venom are awesome, as is Rocket Raccoon (best ranged fighter). Of the Toybox only crowd, Maleficent is a great character, with powerful attacks who can also fly. However, the best overall (from a gameplay standpoint), is Hiro. His nanomachine attacks are absolutely awesome! If there're any characters you particularly like, obviously get those. None are disappointments.

Some of the 1.0 characters are shallow, especially the Wreck-It-Ralph (though I love Vanellope, who has a lot of personality and character-specific quotes), Toy Story, and Lone Ranger figures. Also, Anna and Rapunzel are nearly palette swaps, differing only in their melee attacks. Unless you're a big fan of both (like me) get only one.
Rocket is not the best ranged fighter. Merida is, hands down, once you max ricochet shot.

I just used some of my BB gift cards from Christmas and purchased the entire Marvel line-up save for Loki and Falcon who aren't out yet and aren't on sale. I grabbed the Base game with the Avengers play set last weekend when it was on sale as well.

Rocket is not the best ranged fighter. Merida is, hands down, once you max ricochet shot.
I just unlocked that recently. It made me want to go back and rewatch Brave again. It was so good that it was really really slowing down the framerate of the game when I was using it in Toybox with an enemy generator.

Starlord's guns have a sort of auto targeting upgrade as well. You have to be somewhat close to enemies, but it put him a step above Black Widow and Hawkeye in my mind. I'm not sure if Rocket or anyone else has this skill also. I'm still waiting for the GS Rocket CE to come out before I play him.

I bought a lot this week. I'm realizing I'm only missing 3 figures from 1.0 and 6 figures from 2.0 if you don't count Loki and Falcon.

I wasn't planning on this at all. I thought I'd just buy the starter sets. I'm a huge fan of Disney, Marvel, and videogames, so it was the perfect storm.

I should just start a savings account right now for Disney Infinity Star Wars.

I bought a lot this week. I'm realizing I'm only missing 3 figures from 1.0 and 6 figures from 2.0 if you don't count Loki and Falcon.

I wasn't planning on this at all. I thought I'd just buy the starter sets. I'm a huge fan of Disney, Marvel, and videogames, so it was the perfect storm.

I should just start a savings account right now for Disney Infinity Star Wars.
Yep all bets are off for my wallet if they do Star Wars next time around.

I doubt Disney puts the effort on to raise this game above where it is now. This seems like it is already a cash cow for them, and that is really what matters for them. Plus the game is already fun, and it is clear that the target audience here is kids, rather than long time fans. And the game is still fun, while having so much unrealized potential.  Marvel was a step back from 1.0 also, when we got 6 different world's to play in. 2.0 had 3, and 2 of those were NY, which sucked. The odds they ramp that up after the drop off this year seem slim.

I doubt Disney puts the effort on to raise this game above where it is now. This seems like it is already a cash cow for them, and that is really what matters for them. Plus the game is already fun, and it is clear that the target audience here is kids, rather than long time fans. And the game is still fun, while having so much unrealized potential. Marvel was a step back from 1.0 also, when we got 6 different world's to play in. 2.0 had 3, and 2 of those were NY, which sucked. The odds they ramp that up after the drop off this year seem slim.
Is it really a step back? The Playsets were very... hit or miss with 1.0. Was the quality of Avengers, GOTG, and Spiderman better? Plus you could use more characters in the playsets, which is an upside. Toy Box is still absolutely atrocious and does not do the characters justice.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but disney movie rewards has the anna & elsa figures for 1000 points, aladdin/jasmin toy box pack for 2000 points, and the ps3 toy box game for 3850 points. I'm thinking about using my points for the aladdin pack but I haven't decided.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but disney movie rewards has the anna & elsa figures for 1000 points, aladdin/jasmin toy box pack for 2000 points, and the ps3 toy box game for 3850 points. I'm thinking about using my points for the aladdin pack but I haven't decided.
Awesome! I have a crap ton of points and I never know what to spend them on. Aladdin/Jasmine here I come.

Is it really a step back? The Playsets were very... hit or miss with 1.0. Was the quality of Avengers, GOTG, and Spiderman better? Plus you could use more characters in the playsets, which is an upside. Toy Box is still absolutely atrocious and does not do the characters justice.
I loved how each one focused on a specific style of play. Avengers is combat, Spider-Man is puzzle solving, and GOTG is about platforming. One thing I really wish they'd improve is the toy box tutorials. It gives you the basics on laying blocks, but I can't figure out event triggers or how objects such as enemy generators work. There are some impressive playsets out there, and I'm sure we'd see more if people knew what they were doing, or if not, we could fix them to do what we want.

I doubt Disney puts the effort on to raise this game above where it is now. This seems like it is already a cash cow for them, and that is really what matters for them. Plus the game is already fun, and it is clear that the target audience here is kids, rather than long time fans. And the game is still fun, while having so much unrealized potential. Marvel was a step back from 1.0 also, when we got 6 different world's to play in. 2.0 had 3, and 2 of those were NY, which sucked. The odds they ramp that up after the drop off this year seem slim.
It could be an even bigger cash cow if it was better. We're not talking a complete overhaul here, just a bit more polish here and there, and it wouldn't hurt to take what worked well in other series (like Skylanders and Little Big Planet) and ripping it off.

Thank you. I knew about Anna and Elsa at some point, but I forgot. I just ordered Anna and Elsa. I looked through every single reward and couldn't find anything else I was interested in getting. It's kind of a shame because those figures could be had for only $21.50 total right now on Amazon.

Those 2000 points of mine were probably just about to expire if I didn't use them or redeem more points. I've accidentally let more points than that get deleted for inactivity. I think someone mentioned Anna and Elsa being available on DMR back in December or maybe earlier. I think when I tried to order them back then, they were sold out.

Now the only 1.0 figure that I'm missing: Francesco. I've seen him at kmart and Walgreens. I'm tempted to go buy him along with the few 2.0 figures I'm missing while they're $7.99 this week with GCU. At least I have BB credit to burn.

What an expensive way to discover that I'm a completionist. I had to order the Sonic Amiibo tonight. It's my first Amiibo purchase. I pray that I have more self control with those. I'll try to just add it to the Sonic collection instead of starting a whole Amiibo collection.

Just to temper your expectations at BB, Francesco is no longer on their website and I haven't seen him in a B&M BB in a long time.  He's the only 1.0 left for me to get as well.  Recently, I've only seen him at Target around here.

Just to temper your expectations at BB, Francesco is no longer on their website and I haven't seen him in a B&M BB in a long time. He's the only 1.0 left for me to get as well. Recently, I've only seen him at Target around here.
Walgreens tend to still stock him around me. Also 2nd and Charles if you happen to have any of those around you.

I loved how each one focused on a specific style of play. Avengers is combat, Spider-Man is puzzle solving, and GOTG is about platforming. One thing I really wish they'd improve is the toy box tutorials. It gives you the basics on laying blocks, but I can't figure out event triggers or how objects such as enemy generators work. There are some impressive playsets out there, and I'm sure we'd see more if people knew what they were doing, or if not, we could fix them to do what we want.
Check out YouTube or true achievements for guides on making enemy generators tied to kill switches for easy xp. I had no idea before, but the video guides were very helpful.

I have to agree with him - the 2.0 playsets are a step backward. The 1.0 sets were more fun and had more content. My son and I finished the 2.0 content in about half the time that it took us to do the 1.0 sets.

Factor in that 2.0 only came with one set versus the three that came with 1.0 and you're left with an all around bad effort.

Just to temper your expectations at BB, Francesco is no longer on their website and I haven't seen him in a B&M BB in a long time. He's the only 1.0 left for me to get as well. Recently, I've only seen him at Target around here.
Thanks. I've seen Francesco at Kmart and Walgreens recently. Hopefully I can still find one available. At the time I wasn't planning on Poke'moning the heck out of this game. I always scope out the DI, Amiibo, and Skylander stuff at BB and GS. I haven't seen much 1.0 stuff at BB or GS.

1427.png

I ended up ordering the rest of 2.0 except for Maleficent and Iron Fist. There are more than 3 of each in stock at all of my BB's apparently. I don't think I'll have a problem finding them later. I'll pick them up along with Loki and Falcon the next time there's a sale at BB. I've bought 17 figures this week. Technically 19 if you count the ones I ordered through Disney Movie Rewards. There was the Nick Fury CE and Spiderman playset the week before. I'd say my wallet hurts, but it more like my giftcard supply hurts.

Has anyone seen this before? I somehow have an upside down Dumbo. It would be funny if this mistake was actually something valuable.

4W9xHxb.jpg

Now I'm off to urbandictionary.com to make sure "upside down Dumbo" isn't a euphemism for something weird.

Edit: Nevermind. Now I see it's just a sticker that I can peel off and put back on.

Need some DI advice from my fellow CAGs:

We had DI 1.0 and the base was a little wonky not reading pieces occassionally, repeatedly announcing a disc that was placed and generally freaking out when swapping characters in the toy box sometimes.  So, I bought a starter pack with base in a great deal over BF and started using it instead.  We've been playing 2.0 for the vast majority of time.  We borrowed a Disneyland bracelet the other day to unlock the dragon stuff and when we started up DI 1.0 I noticed that both characters are logged in as guest.  Normally we play with the main player logged in as my GT and the other one as a guest of mine.  Now, even though I'm logged in as player one, the character is still playing as a guest.  I read online that this could happen with a new base and I should take ownership.  I took their level 13 Else off the base and put on their new level 3 Ralph just in case something went wrong.  Sure enough, when I took ownership of Ralph he went to level 0.  

I could swap back to the old base and then I guess just the recent progression would be lost?  I've learned it may have been wonky because it usually sat on or near metal like a dvd player or on the 360.  I guess I could swap bases for each game to not affect 2.0, but that seems like a big hassle.  Any expert pointers here to minimize the damage of switching to a new base?

bread's done
Back