Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't suppose any of you with tons of extras would have the two Darkwing Duck discs (Ratcatcher and Grappling Gun)  that you'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price, would you?  Those are the only two I have any interest in.

Totally agree. I needed like 12 discs to finish up series 1-3. Out of the 50 something packs I bought on friday, I returned 24 because of dupes. Out of the ones I kept, I still need like 6 or 7 to complete the sets. A few of those packs I kept I mistakenly opened even though I didn't need them. But yeah, in the end, I bought 50 something packs and got around 5 or 6 that were useful to me. It's so freaking terrible and really sets you up for failure if you're someone who doesn't know how to scan the packs.

I seriously have like 8 of the Electric Mayhem Muppets Bus. And it's a rare! Funny thing, half of them were packaged with the same exact disc - one of the Frankenweenie ones.
Hey what do you still need the mayhem Bus is one of the last ones I am looking for.

My local BJs Wholesale club had the Toy Story playset and Wreck It Ralph/Vanellope sets for $4.98 each. Toy Story was sold out but I picked up the last two of Ralph for my nieces. 

If you have a store in your neighborhood it might be worth it to check it out. 

First time poster here but isn't 1.99 a little too cheap? If I come from this from the perspective of say magic cards, isn't the expected value of the discs probably more than 1.99 over say 20 packs?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, gnoh.  To me, I feel $1.99 per pack is expensive, but that is because I judge things based on the lowest price they've been available.  Now that Toys R Us has sold them for essentially $0.25, anything more than that is too expensive to me (especially when you consider they can go on sale for the same price at any time now.)

However, though, these packs are from the first game, which was released over, what, a year and a half ago?  While the first game is naturally still playable, and the old discs are compatible with the new game, they are still considered "old tech", and thus will not hold as great a value as the newer tech.  Until, of course, they become rare, like Randy and Syndrome, and that's when they'll be in demand again and the willingness to pay a premium will kick in.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, gnoh. To me, I feel $1.99 per pack is expensive, but that is because I judge things based on the lowest price they've been available. Now that Toys R Us has sold them for essentially $0.25, anything more than that is too expensive to me (especially when you consider they can go on sale for the same price at any time now.)

However, though, these packs are from the first game, which was released over, what, a year and a half ago? While the first game is naturally still playable, and the old discs are compatible with the new game, they are still considered "old tech", and thus will not hold as great a value as the newer tech. Until, of course, they become rare, like Randy and Syndrome, and that's when they'll be in demand again and the willingness to pay a premium will kick in.
Ah I think you just answered it. I read series 2 as Disney Inifity disc 2 (the new ones)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, gnoh. To me, I feel $1.99 per pack is expensive, but that is because I judge things based on the lowest price they've been available. Now that Toys R Us has sold them for essentially $0.25, anything more than that is too expensive to me (especially when you consider they can go on sale for the same price at any time now.)

However, though, these packs are from the first game, which was released over, what, a year and a half ago? While the first game is naturally still playable, and the old discs are compatible with the new game, they are still considered "old tech", and thus will not hold as great a value as the newer tech. Until, of course, they become rare, like Randy and Syndrome, and that's when they'll be in demand again and the willingness to pay a premium will kick in.
While I get the old/new argument, personally I like the 1.0 discs better. The ability to constantly use a power, and not have to think about charging meters beats all of these new ones that you can rarely use, many of which are meh anyway

Hate that i missed out on saturday's deal. Like wtf! Y nit jusrmt have the sale the while dat and not just a couple of hours. My TRu was stocked with these D1.0 disc and hardly anyone bought it that day since hardly any goy to it during the timeframe! Hope they do this again so. I want to atleast conplete 1.0

While I get the old/new argument, personally I like the 1.0 discs better. The ability to constantly use a power, and not have to think about charging meters beats all of these new ones that you can rarely use, many of which are meh anyway
Totally agree. I prefer the 1.0 discs over 2.0 any day of the week. 2.0 discs are cool and have some fun aspects to them and I'm totally collecting them all. But they cannot beat 1.0 discs in terms of usefulness.

Might have just been a doorbuster, but yeah, it was only $10 when I was there.
Damn, wish I would have known that. I don't even really want those characters, but 3 characters for $10... I would have taken anybody for that price.

Oh well, I came away with Venom, Aladdin, the Spider-Man playset, and 12 packs of power discs for like $36. I would have bought more power discs but they only had series 3, and I didn't want to end up with a ton of duplicates.

Hate that i missed out on saturday's deal. Like wtf! Y nit jusrmt have the sale the while dat and not just a couple of hours. My TRu was stocked with these D1.0 disc and hardly anyone bought it that day since hardly any goy to it during the timeframe! Hope they do this again so. I want to atleast conplete 1.0
Don't feel bad. I've been sick most of lack week and the weekend with a sinus infection and I didn't even want to leave the bed on Saturday.

A brand new version has been released for Windows 8 tablets and PCs, Disney Infinity 2.0: Play Without Limits. In the Windows Store for free.

http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/7c2c5185-9c49-4649-a27b-9f0207659e00

Features

• In Disney Infinity you have the freedom and endless opportunity to create stories and play experiences starring some of your favorite Marvel Super Heroes and Disney characters.
  • Save The World. Explore all 3 Marvel Super Heroes Play Sets.
  • Create Your Own Worlds and Games in Toy Box 2.0.
  • Expand your experience by downloading additional Toy Boxes created by the community.
  • Explore many more Disney Infinity Characters and Play Sets to unlock.

Anyone's Toys R Us stores still have 5 for $5 power discs in stock at all? I wondering if they would even bother with a restock unless they have warehouses full of power discs. It seems like they are trying to clear stock. I won't have time to drive around until Saturday. I'm wondering if you guys have seen anything left lately.

I'm not sure if this is an extremely ymmv situation, but I pricematched the 5 for $5 deal at Walmart. It was around 10pm, there were about 8 people in line behind me, and I was only buying 5. I just showed the cashier the TRU weekly ad on my phone. I was surprised she put it through so easily because it is technically an 80% discount. It was worth it because I got one I was missing.

For some reason my Toys R Us stores didn't have the gold packs for User Control, C.H.R.O.M.E. Damage Increaser, Mike's New Car, Captain Hook's Ship, or Stitch's Surfboard. They had the other 5 gold packs in stock. I'm wondering if it's worth tracking these down or trading for them when they essentially do the same thing as the regular power discs. The completionist voice is telling me "You're so close. You should get them all. You know you want them. They are lenticular. :whee: "

My TRU had a few different gold packs during the 4 for $1 and i totally regret not picking up duplicates of them. I figured I already had them all so I'll just focus on the others.

Sucks though they didn't have Tron Interface because that's the only gold pack I needed

I'm wondering if it's worth tracking these down or trading for them when they essentially do the same thing as the regular power discs. The completionist voice is telling me "You're so close. You should get them all. You know you want them. They are lenticular. :whee: "
They're worth getting for the 30 space Toys R Us Album but the Captain Hooks Ship is exactly the same.

Sucks though they didn't have Tron Interface because that's the only gold pack I needed
Tron Interface

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=26704816&cp=&parentPage=search

They don't have Gold Pack Series 2 (Tron User Control) for sale on the website anymore!

They're worth getting for the 30 space Toys R Us Album but the Captain Hooks Ship is exactly the same.
Interesting. My Jolly Rogers are different. They both have a yellow outline around them at one angle, but when you tilt them, one has a green outline and the other has a blue outline.

Interesting. My Jolly Rogers are different. They both have a yellow outline around them at one angle, but when you tilt them, one has a green outline and the other has a blue outline.
Now you say that I checked my toys r us, my series 2 and my series 2 to swap.

Tru blue/white outline with some boat cut off bottom
Series 2 blue/green with boat dead on the line
Series 2 to swap blue/white with all boat on disc

I know this has probably been asked many times before but what do some of you guys use to display and/or store your figures?

I frankly have no clue what to buy as, after Falcon and Loki come out, I will have 21 figures and no good place to put them. I've looked around but all I see is some bags that only fit a few figures in them.

Also, I'd prefer to have something that will let me display them but also let me take them in and out as often as I'd like since my nieces like to switch figures frequently when they play with me.

Thanks in advance.

robwop,

You keep posting links to thread pages for various reasons - I wanted to let you know that these links don't work correctly at all for anyone who has a different posts/page setting than you. If you want to link someone to a post, use the link that's on the post number in the upper right.
Sorry, didnt want to take credit for the posts. It works on my iPhone and pc though when I click on them, you just scroll down a bit.

There are some great deals on Walmart.com. I got a couple of 2.0 figures for 9.99 plus tax (each) to pick up at store. Some 1.0 figures are even cheaper.

Another Sunday, another email with sales on DI stuff at TRU:

Disney Infinity 1.0 Disc Packs are 5 for $5 again, however, while the silver packs are pictured, they are not specified so it looks like it should work on gold packs, too.

All Disney Infinity figures up to 60% off.  Reg 14.99, Now 5.99 to 9.99

Purchase any DI playset at regular price of 35.99, choose any single figure for .99

Another Sunday, another email with sales on DI stuff at TRU:

Disney Infinity 1.0 Disc Packs are 5 for $5 again, however, while the silver packs are pictured, they are not specified so it looks like it should work on gold packs, too.

All Disney Infinity figures up to 60% off. Reg 14.99, Now 5.99 to 9.99

Purchase any DI playset at regular price of 35.99, choose any single figure for .99
Thanks. That would be cool if Loki and falcon are already 9.99.

I went to a Tru store yesterday and there were dozens of silver packs.

The crystal figures were almost all 5.99 except for Lightning and Lone Ranger who are 9.99. Crazy tempting since I wanted them just to have them and the kid wanted them too.

The gold packs did not have any signage indicating they were part of the sale so I don't know if they'll ring up 5 for $5.

I think Aladdin and Venom were 7.49, and the all the other figures were 9.99.

The crystal figures were almost all 5.99 except for Lightning and Lone Ranger who are 9.99. Crazy tempting since I wanted them just to have them and the kid wanted them too.

The gold packs did not have any signage indicating they were part of the sale so I don't know if they'll ring up 5 for $5.

I think Aladdin and Venom were 7.49, and the all the other figures were 9.99.
Ah crap. The crystal figures almost seem pointless to me, but $5.99 is pretty cheap. I wonder if they will go any cheaper.

exactly. We have all the 1.0 figures and I've been waiting on the crystal figures for a really good sale. I don't know if they'll go cheaper, but if they do, $6 is still pretty good for me.

My bad fellas and gals.  The GOLD PACKS ARE NOT INCLUDED!  The body of the email did not exclude them like last week's email, however, this email excluded the gold packs in the mound of small print at the email. 

Also, the pack sale is included online this week, unlike last week.  TRU shipping is usually a deal killer though.  They do have free shipping with a $50 purchase I believe.

I was looking at the site and here are the better figure prices:

Sidekicks pack is 12.99. Contains Mike Wazowski, Mrs Incredible and Barbossa
Donald is $7.50
If you missed Aladdin and Venom at $5 last week, they are 8 and 7.50 respectively.
The rest of the available 2.0characters are $10
Some 1.0 figures are $6 including some crystal versions and Dash.

Falcon and Loci are still 15 since they are preorder items releasing on 3/24 

Not sure if all prices are the same in store, but there is the option of free ship to store option to avoid their ridiculous shipping.

That sidekicks deal is tempting. I'm trying to avoid pokemon syndrome with these things though, and the kids tend to gravitate towards using the marvel characters anyways... I don't think poor woody has been played more than once.

I think this should do it: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327877-disney-infinity-deals-compilation-thread-mk-ii-marvel-super-heroes-disney-originals-available-now/?p=12370120

The Snap n Stack boxes from Snapware are fantastic. The ornament boxes - usually made around the holidays are really the best ones. Walmart clearanced them out after Christmas and they were a bargain to snap up. Get those if you can.
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll keep an eye out for these. They are a seasonal item though, so I doubt they'll have any for sale right now.

Also, I haven't seen this mentioned, so for those interested, Amazon is apparently having a sale on Disney Infinity 2.0 figures. Falcon and Loki are only $10.99 each, which is cheaper than pre-ordering them with GCU at BB. The rest are between $7.99 and $9.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-INFINITY-Marvel-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00OVSKD5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426517591&sr=8-1&keywords=disney+infinity+loki

I had someone ask me via PM about the Series 3 inserts; is anyone else interested in those? I'll probably print up another batch or two later in the week. Let me know and I can put together a set for you.

I was looking at the site and here are the better figure prices:
Sidekicks pack is 12.99. Contains Mike Wazowski, Mrs Incredible and Barbossa
Donald is $7.50
If you missed Aladdin and Venom at $5 last week, they are 8 and 7.50 respectively.
The rest of the available 2.0characters are $10
Some 1.0 figures are $6 including some crystal versions and Dash.
Falcon and Loci are still 15 since they are preorder items releasing on 3/24

Not sure if all prices are the same in store, but there is the option of free ship to store option to avoid their ridiculous shipping.
What the? Falcon and Loki aren't released yet? My toys r us store had dozens of these out on an endcap for sale last Friday. Will the cash registers even allow me to go buy them now or will it just have an error code for breaking the street date?

What the? Falcon and Loki aren't released yet? My toys r us store had dozens of these out on an endcap for sale last Friday. Will the cash registers even allow me to go buy them now or will it just have an error code for breaking the street date?
The real question is why do you suddenly want to rush and buy them now simply because you know its another week until release when you passed on buying them last Friday. :whistle2:k :lol:

The real question is why do you suddenly want to rush and buy them now simply because you know its another week until release when you passed on buying them last Friday. :whistle2:k :lol:
Lol, true dat. Several CAG reasons. Last Friday they were $14 or $15. I haven't paid much over $7.99 for any single figure except those special editions for Rocket and Fury. I hardly pay full price for anything, especially when BB has had so many $9.99 sales lately. That B1G1 40% off deal they had last week is the same as GCU. I have best buy credit to burn. I don't have any TRU credit to burn. They are the last two I'm missing. I can pricematch Amazon now. This TRU is pretty crazy and will accept any competitor coupon. I can bring 2 bed bath and beyond coupons and they will take 20% off of each figure. I've never tried a pricematch+coupon before, but it's probably ymmv based on the employee. I'm still missing some 1.0 power discs, so I'll probably go back there and give it a shot. If they turn me down for breaking street date at least I get some cheap power disc packs.

FYI: Just got an email about Infinity stuff and it shows that "all Disney infinity figures are only $9.99 each" at both Best Buy and Target through 3/21.

Is there any reason to collect all the figures for each playset? In the first game it unlocked an item in Toy Box mode.
Supposedly a secret area and prize opens up when you max out all the statues in the Hall of Heroes and Super Heroes, but I don't know of any Playset items that open.

You do get those playset items in 2.0 without owning all the figures by just placing the playset pieces on the base.

For all you Pacific Northwest CAG S Fred Meyer has all DI 2.0 figures for 10.99, and 1.0 for 9.99. Add in the buy 2 get 1 free coupon and the $10 off $50 dollar purchase coupon that are good through 1 PM (I think it is 1 pm, could he 11 am) tomorrow and that is a pretty sweet deal.

bread's done
Back