Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty new to this but man oh man... I am so ashamed at myself for the amount i have spent on this already. This is really addicting lol.
Definitely with you on this...and I know I'm eventually going to buy the 21 figures I'm still missing between 1.0 and 2.0, lol. RIP to our wallets, haha.

Well thanks to the 3 for 30 at toys r us my son has all the figures including the crystal ones. I got an extra Loki thanks to the deal too.

Also because of Gamestop I have an extra Rare disc pack. All I need is Tram from 1.0 and my son is done with that. Then I need to start up on the 2.0 discs....

Seriously this game is such a money grab....

When I went this morning I noticed something interesting about how the free discs ring up. I picked up 2 disc packs, the guardians set, and the special disc pack. They rang up the special pack first and it came up at a price of $5.99. They then rang up 2 regular disc packs at $2.99 each and the price dropped down to $6.xx.

Basically, it looks like the way it's coded in the system the $5.99 original price of the promo pack counts toward the $10 minimum so really you only have to buy another $4 worth of infinity stuff to get the free pack.
I went to do this earlier and bought 4 of the 2.0 packs plus I got the free "rare" one. He rang the freebie last, but for some reason during the process the "rare" pack rang up $8.99. After which he turned around and switched one of the packs for another one. I assume it was the "rare" pack that he switched, but I could not tell. He rang them up again and it worked fine that time. Luckily I got no doubles out of the 4 packs.

Me three. I'm a Marvel guy so that was the main draw for me. At first I just wanted the Avengers. Then I wanted the Guardians. I've loved Spidey since I was a kid - so of course I needed that play set.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

This game made me realize I wanted to see some of these Disney films again ...which led to buying the blu rays and more figures.

When do the Ghibli and Star Wars figures arrive? I'd like to live in complete poverty, please.

I've stuck with the Marvel figures for the most part (I also have Sorceror Mickey, Maleficent, Donald Duck, Hiro, and Baymax). If they do Ghibli figures, I'd jump at them. I would've gotten the Tron figures if they weren't DLC or whatever.

I'm tempted to buy more Marvel 2.0 packs, but I'm only missing Dinosaur World to complete the set. That one is hard to find....

I got the free pack of "rares" after only buying 3 packs of $2.99 discs. The only problem is my store keeps all their discs behind the counter and when the girl bagged them she gave me a pack of Originals. When I got home my son opened them up so its too late to do anything now. The good thing is each pack had a rare in it. But I don't know what I am going to do with the two Originals discs.

Me three. I'm a Marvel guy so that was the main draw for me. At first I just wanted the Avengers. Then I wanted the Guardians. I've loved Spidey since I was a kid - so of course I needed that play set.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

This game made me realize I wanted to see some of these Disney films again ...which led to buying the blu rays and more figures.

When do the Ghibli and Star Wars figures arrive? I'd like to live in complete poverty, please.
I'm doing the marvel thing myself. I already made the rookie mistake thinking Nick Fury was a part of The Avengers so he is just collecting dust right now. Picked up Falcon today but still need Hawkeye to complete this one.

Have never gotten into Skylanders, Amiibos, or DI but finally bit the bullet on the 2.0 toybox pack, and also Aladdin, Jasmine, and Sorcery Mickey. Have a 3.5 year old daughter that's obsessed with Disney so it should be fun to get her into. Any suggestions on good figures or playsets? Also can I buy playsets from DI 1.0 to use with DI 2.0? Wish that either of my local BB's had Elsa though, as she's really cheap at BB and my daughter loves Frozen

Also can I buy playsets from DI 1.0 to use with DI 2.0? Wish that either of my local BB's had Elsa though, as she's really cheap at BB and my daughter loves Frozen
Everything from DI 1 works in DI 2 except playsets. If you put a DI 1 playset on the base while playing DI 2, it'll just unlock the Toybox items for that playset. All the Toys R Us stores I've been to have never had a problem stocking Elsa; just price-match Best Buy there.

Everything from DI 1 works in DI 2 except playsets. If you put a DI 1 playset on the base while playing DI 2, it'll just unlock the Toybox items for that playset. All the Toys R Us stores I've been to have never had a problem stocking Elsa; just price-match Best Buy there.
Thanks for the answer. It kinda stinks that the playsets don't carry over, and the only playsets I've seen for 2.0 are Marvel themed which my Daughter wont care for. Any idea if they have more traditional Disney themed playsets planned for 2.0?

Doubtful.  They've had plenty of opportunities what with the Aladdin & Jasmine pack, and even Sam & Quorra which they decided to not even make figures for and put out as Digital only.  What with announcing Mulan for DI 3, I imagine they consider DI 2 pretty much done now.

Picked up 4 packs of Marvel discs, the rare pack, and a 1.0 tube ($5.99) to store them in.  10 discs, all round, all different.  It took forever because they didn't have them out, or even checked in it turned out.

So I completed my marvel set today, held out on iron fist forever, mostly because he wasn't a need to have for me, then I got the spider playset and because I kinda really really really wanted the collectors set.....I ended up with that. Got 2 sets of the free power discs because I had to go to two stores. Also ended up going to target and they had a frozen playset and I PMed that successfully to BBY for $18.99. Out of pocket all I spent was the $18.99 thought. Disney got me good today. I weep for my gaming fund and display space once they announce Star Wars....

thanks to target ad i able to get bestbuy price match buy 2 get 1 free plus gamer unlock 20% discount 3 figures for $17.xx after taxes. i end up picked 15 figures and DI 2.0 starter pack for $20 as well. completed my collection for cheap :)

My GS didn't even bother to give me the free rare pack. I told them I wanted 4 2.0 power discs, which the associate got, and then he looked at the promo picture, and then said to me that the promo only applies if I buy an Infinity figure. I got the power discs, but I was confused as to WHERE it even says you need to buy figures to get them for free. It just says "$10 or more Infinity Purchase". Had to mention that in the survey, which I'm hoping they'll read and let me get the rare pack. Though from what I just read these 2 pages, I was apparently right, so it was just supposed to be anything $10 or more Infinity related.

My GS didn't even bother to give me the free rare pack. I told them I wanted 4 2.0 power discs, which the associate got, and then he looked at the promo picture, and then said to me that the promo only applies if I buy an Infinity figure. I got the power discs, but I was confused as to WHERE it even says you need to buy figures to get them for free. It just says "$10 or more Infinity Purchase". Had to mention that in the survey, which I'm hoping they'll read and let me get the rare pack. Though from what I just read these 2 pages, I was apparently right, so it was just supposed to be anything $10 or more Infinity related.
I did mine online since i work 20 hours during Sat and Sun. The problem is, the website refused to give the free rare pack. I purchased Rocket Raccoon, Drax, Groot and Iron Fist (with 2 of em being free) and i purchased the guardians playset and 3 packs of power discs (which is the maximum you can buy on the website). If i added the rare pack to the cart or not it did not come up free despite the fact that the website shows them available for shipping.

The ad did not say anything about in store only so i spent 30+ minutes (mostly on hold) trying to get to the bottom of it. They tried to convince me that "Limited Quantities while supplies last" is synonymous with in store only which i quickly laughed at. They chose to give me a $20 one time use coupon instead of just sending me the $5.99 power disc pack. I quickly used that coupon to purchase the rare disc pack (which was still in stock online), Falcon and the power disc album for about $9 out of pocket. I was laughing so hard when i hung up the phone.

On a side note: They only charged my card $30 on my original $60 order (Clearly some kind of human error). I have to keep an eye on this to ensure they do not put another $60 on top of this. *Edit in*** They just added another $30 debit

The deal does not apply to only figures.  You only need to purchase 2 2.0 packs and then have them add in the Rare Marvel Discs which puts the purchase over $10 hence giving you the free power disc.  I was able to buy 6 packs yesterday and did 3 transactions getting the rare pack for free 3 times. 

Yeah I went back today to get the free pack. However, they didn't honestly believe it at first. They said "I could swear it's for figures only" and they couldn't prove that. So they scanned the pack, it came out as free. But they only scanned one of them and not multiple ones.

Yes it's a weekend event.
Thanks. I made it over to GS about 20 minutes before closing. I picked the wrong store though. It looked like the power disc packs were "in stock" on the mobile site I checked beforehand, but it must have been "low stock." They only had 2 originals and 1 marvel pack. I bought all 3 and got the rare pack free. They didn't have any in the back either. I didn't have the chance to drive to any other stores, but hopefully the low stock was a blessing in disguise. Maybe in about a year the 2.0 packs will be a dollar at TRU or even 5 for a $1 eventually. It was still worth the trip because I happened to get the Aladdin Prince Ali power disc, which makes me very happy.

My haul after this weeks sale. Started with nothing. Now I have all Marvel Playsets, all Marvel characters, (minus Ronan and Yondu) 22 power discs, (got infinity gauntlet with two doubles), and a priced error disc holder.  Spent approximately $230 dollars in the last week on DI... I hate myself... 

My haul after this weeks sale. Started with nothing. Now I have all Marvel Playsets, all Marvel characters, (minus Ronan and Yondu) 22 power discs, (got infinity gauntlet with two doubles), and a priced error disc holder. Spent approximately $230 dollars in the last week on DI... I hate myself...
Yeah, between DI and Skylanders (my daughter's two favorite games) I just don't want to know how much I have spent.

I've been in the hospital since Friday because my fiance and I just had our second daughter. Our first is 3 and a half years old, and loves Disney. She hasn't really learned how to play video games but she gets a kick out of taking the controller when I play Lego Marvel and controlling the character. Wanted to get something special for her that we can do together, just the two of us, so I grabbed the 2.0 toybox, Aladdin, Jasmine, Sorcerer Mickey, Sully, Thor, Black Widow, and Mr Incredible. She isn't interested in Marvel so I'm gonna be working on collecting the originals first unless the Marvels ae extra cheap like Thor and BW were, but she will definitely want Rapunzel, Elsa and Anna.

Any opinions on the power discs? How important are they and how much do they add? I'm sure ill grab some at some point but just wondering

Was also wondering if you guys are collecting all the figures and discs to actually play or if you just collect them

I've been in the hospital since Friday because my fiance and I just had our second daughter. Our first is 3 and a half years old, and loves Disney. She hasn't really learned how to play video games but she gets a kick out of taking the controller when I play Lego Marvel and controlling the character. Wanted to get something special for her that we can do together, just the two of us, so I grabbed the 2.0 toybox, Aladdin, Jasmine, Sorcerer Mickey, Sully, Thor, Black Widow, and Mr Incredible. She isn't interested in Marvel so I'm gonna be working on collecting the originals first unless the Marvels ae extra cheap like Thor and BW were, but she will definitely want Rapunzel, Elsa and Anna.

Any opinions on the power discs? How important are they and how much do they add? I'm sure ill grab some at some point but just wondering

Was also wondering if you guys are collecting all the figures and discs to actually play or if you just collect them
First, congrats on the birth of your daughter! That's awesome! :whee:

Second, I don't think the power discs are very important at all. They add cool little things like a costume change or a vehicle but considering the figures will already cost a lot of money (there are 59 figures between 1.0 and 2.0), I personally think that power discs are not worth it.

Lastly, I like doing both. I enjoy playing with them quite a bit, especially the Marvel figures, but I also like collecting them. Granted, I haven't touched most of my 1.0 figures since 2.0 came out, but they are still cool to have and were fun to play with before 2.0 came out. I would actually still play with my 1.0 figures if they had the 1.0 play-sets available on PS4, but they unfortunately do not at this time.

Hope I helped, and I hope you and your daughter enjoy the game! :D/

To me, the only power discs that are really worth collecting are two User Controls (more XP) and two McDuck's Lucky Dime (more money.)  That being said, I have found myself collecting more power discs during the TRU power disc sales, but the only ones I bother actually using are the ones above.

To me, the only power discs that are really worth collecting are two User Controls (more XP) and two McDuck's Lucky Dime (more money.) That being said, I have found myself collecting more power discs during the TRU power disc sales, but the only ones I bother actually using are the ones above.
Totes this.

Those are the discs I would seek out first. A second for me is anything that furthers Toy Box customization - the different skies, landscapes etc...

Thanks for the info guys. We will be doing Toybox mode exclusively at first so it seems the power discs to customize that may be a priority when I start hunting them down

Does anyone actually trade disc in the Trading topic? I've sent messages to people that have what I need, and I have what they need, but it doesn't seem to be very active. They haven't even read the messages.

I've sent a few messages that have gone unanswered. But I did manage to make a successful trade so there is hope. I'm going to post what i need and what i have one of these days.

Well, I done all of my trades through FB groups thus far, but I'm down to my last 4 disc and need more options.
I don't really want to pay the crazy eBay and Amazon prices for them. In the groups we ship in bubble mailers, first class with tracking numbers through USPS. It has been a great experience so far, but nobody seems to have these last 4 in the groups.

I just started this Christmas when I got the Marvel 2.0 Starter pack for my kids. Since then I have all of the 1.0 disc besides the TRU Exclusive Stitch disc, all of Marvel 2.0, and all of Originals 2.0 except for Neverland, Second Star to the Right, and Mulan's Countryside.

Been away from DI for awhile. Because of life getting in the way I am just now getting on to 2.0. My question is which figures seem to be the most likely to go out of print first? I am still kicking myself about Syndrome, since he is the one hole in my 1.0 collection because I just can't bring myself to drop $20-30 on him. I wanna be smarter this time and not make the same mistake, especially since I'm starting so late in the game.

So what do you guys suggest I prioritize first that seems the most likely to go the "rare" route sooner that others?

Been away from DI for awhile. Because of life getting in the way I am just now getting on to 2.0. My question is which figures seem to be the most likely to go out of print first? I am still kicking myself about Syndrome, since he is the one hole in my 1.0 collection because I just can't bring myself to drop $20-30 on him. I wanna be smarter this time and not make the same mistake, especially since I'm starting so late in the game.

So what do you guys suggest I prioritize first that seems the most likely to go the "rare" route sooner that others?
Do you have any friends who play it? I was missing Syndrome, a buddy of mine was missing Randy, and another hadn't gotten around to buying Davy Jones yet, so I ordered the Villain Pack for about $38 (after tax) from Amazon and the three of us split the price so we'd all get our missing figures.

There is obviously no way to know for sure but I would say Baymax and Hiro would be the rarest. Those are the only two that I have seen out of stock for any decent length of time at my local Best Buy.

Not too sure about the Marvel figures though as I pre-ordered all of them so I didn't have to worry about not being able to find them in stock.

Hope I helped. :)

Thanks for the info guys. We will be doing Toybox mode exclusively at first so it seems the power discs to customize that may be a priority when I start hunting them down
If you're mainly only picking up Originals, you're going to be doing Toy Box exclusively all the time unless you get get her into Marvel or you go back and get 1.0. There are no Disney Original playsets for 2.0

Do you have any friends who play it? I was missing Syndrome, a buddy of mine was missing Randy, and another hadn't gotten around to buying Davy Jones yet, so I ordered the Villain Pack for about $38 (after tax) from Amazon and the three of us split the price so we'd all get our missing figures.
That's a good idea, but unfortunately I don't know anyone else who plays. I'm sure I'll just have to bite the bullet one of these days.

There is obviously no way to know for sure but I would say Baymax and Hiro would be the rarest. Those are the only two that I have seen out of stock for any decent length of time at my local Best Buy.

Not too sure about the Marvel figures though as I pre-ordered all of them so I didn't have to worry about not being able to find them in stock.

Hope I helped. :)
I appreciate the insight. I take the fact that there isn't an obvious answer at this point as good news. I already have Baymax, so looks like Hiro is moving to the top of my list.

Thanks for the replies and insight from both of you, it helped.

That's a good idea, but unfortunately I don't know anyone else who plays. I'm sure I'll just have to bite the bullet one of these days.
Even if you don't know anyone to spilt the pack with with, you're really better off buying the 3 pack if you need Syndrome or Randy, it's almost the same price, and you can deal the other two figures if you don't need them.

If you're mainly only picking up Originals, you're going to be doing Toy Box exclusively all the time unless you get get her into Marvel or you go back and get 1.0. There are no Disney Original playsets for 2.0
Yeah I know this already about all the compatibility and everything . If I can find a cheap 1.0 base that works with Wii U I'll be able to play 1.0 on my Wii U (they gave the 1.0 game away for free digitally), and 2.0 on my X1. The problem for me with 2.0 is that all the playsets are Marvel and that doesnt really interest my daughter

My kids are HUGE Marvel nuts so we decided to check out the Infinity series, bought them the 2.0 launch set and made a pact to not buy anymore thankfully.

We now own every character from 1.0 and 2.0

bread's done
Back