Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, all the marketing shit (preorders here, exclusive that, dlc discs if your preorder) is making me skip the game. I'll get LEGO Avengers and probably be happier.

Does anyone know a good deal on a base or have an extra to sell? I got into Disney infinity with the vita and just recently bought the digital ps4 version from the e3 sale, but found out my vita base isn't compatible. I would appreciate any help or points in the right direction .

Does anyone know a good deal on a base or have an extra to sell? I got into Disney infinity with the vita and just recently bought the digital ps4 version from the e3 sale, but found out my vita base isn't compatible. I would appreciate any help or points in the right direction .
Send me a PM. Pretty sure I have an extra.

TRU now thru Saturday:

All Disney Infinity power discs 3 for $6

DI 1.0 Starter kits  $19.95-$24.95

DI individual figures  $6.99-$9.99

My local GameStops don't have any in stock or I would've gone that route. The shipping from their website is about as much as the base alone and I would rather give a fellow CAG my money over lamestop, if I can't find it locally.
it doesn't have to be a ps4 base. all of them are the same except for the xbox bases and vita base. that's pretty crazy that your local gamestops have none, all of my local gamestops have atleat 4 of that base type.

it doesn't have to be a ps4 base. all of them are the same except for the xbox bases and vita base. that's pretty crazy that your local gamestops have none, all of my local gamestops have atleat 4 of that base type.
I have 4 near me and only 2 of them even sell used disney infinity/amiibo/sky landers and their stock is awful. They had maybe 10 used figures available, mostly sky lander.

I WANT to like Infinity. I think it's just time to admit that I don't like it and not going to buy anymore until Star Wars and then I'll decide if SW is worth it. I still have a shit ton of discs to sell. I finished the original three stories in 1.0, but it felt more like grinding and I haven't even been able to talk myself into doing that for 2.0...

Ive mostly relegated it as a game for my nieces and nephew. Star wars looks cool but in the end I kinda feel like im playing a dumbed down arpg. I was mostly excited for toybox mode, but havent actually had the time to learn the system much

I WANT to like Infinity. I think it's just time to admit that I don't like it and not going to buy anymore until Star Wars and then I'll decide if SW is worth it.
Agreed. It's a game that gets by on the strength of its licensed properties. If fans are honest the playset games are mediocre at best and ToyBox, even the levels made by the devs, are terrible. I'm hoping the gameplay is improved in 3.0 and the kart racing/farming games sound like a step in the right direction.

So I broke down and bought 2.0 for 9 bucks with the PSN sale and a couple of figures. The big question I have is if the community is better with sharing Toy Boxes and what some of the best ones are. I might get Spiderman since it's 9 bucks but I hear the 2.0 playsets are just dreadful. 

Any recommendations to get the most out of 2.0 while I wait and see if I'll commit to 3.0 at launch?

So I broke down and bought 2.0 for 9 bucks with the PSN sale and a couple of figures. The big question I have is if the community is better with sharing Toy Boxes and what some of the best ones are. I might get Spiderman since it's 9 bucks but I hear the 2.0 playsets are just dreadful.

Any recommendations to get the most out of 2.0 while I wait and see if I'll commit to 3.0 at launch?
I'm new to the infinty scene as well but I'm simply just buying my favorite characters right now and will buy other stuff when it hits a cheap price that's worth it like the spider man set.

TRU now thru Saturday:

All Disney Infinity power discs 3 for $6

DI 1.0 Starter kits $19.95-$24.95

DI individual figures $6.99-$9.99
The TRU I stopped at had a lot of 1.0 figures for $5.99 each including all of the TRU-exclusive Crystal figures (except the Lone Ranger, who was $7.49)!

I picked up all of the Crystal figures, a few other $5.99 figures I didn't have yet (Woody, Agent P, & Dash), and the last Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey which was $7.49. :)

Looks like BBY has the PS3/PS4 saga editions up for preorder.

PS4

PS3

I don't see me preordering this.  Sure, you get the luke/leia set and boba fett early but you're pretty much paying retail for them at this price.  I'll wait for their actual release date and find a deal somewhere. 

The TRU I stopped at had a lot of 1.0 figures for $5.99 each including all of the TRU-exclusive Crystal figures (except the Lone Ranger, who was $7.49)!

I picked up all of the Crystal figures, a few other $5.99 figures I didn't have yet (Woody, Agent P, & Dash), and the last Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey which was $7.49. :)
Yeah, that was a typo on my part. Was supposed to be 5.99 and up.

Target has 2.0 Power Discs for $2.50 each. Not sure if that was in the flyer or not.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the PS4 special edition set is up at Best Buy.  GCU brings it to $92, which equals what the pieces would have cost individually with GCU.  Still sucks for Xbox players like me, but I'm still going to get it and trade or sell off the PS4 game and extra figures (ashoka and anakin). 

Worth it to a huge and lifelong SW fan that enjoys playing DI with my kids (and now by myself with the SW content)!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the PS4 special edition set is up at Best Buy. GCU brings it to $92, which equals what the pieces would have cost individually with GCU. Still sucks for Xbox players like me, but I'm still going to get it and trade or sell off the PS4 game and extra figures (ashoka and anakin).

Worth it to a huge and lifelong SW fan that enjoys playing DI with my kids (and now by myself with the SW content)!!
Believe they come out a month after release individually for both systems so you could wait for that also.

Disney Infinity 3.0 Power Discs $4.96 (Pre-Order) - Walmart
Credit: Slickdeals - Link

Disney Infinity 3.0 Tomorrowland Power Disc Pack: Link

Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Disc Pack: Link

50% off Playsets via Target's Cartwheel app. I've had success in the past doing a price match and cartwheel but obviously it's YMMV. Would make Avengers and Guardians Playsets $8.75 and Spiderman $11.70 if you price match to Amazon.

Syndrome at amazon for $12.99

http://www.amazon.com/DISNEY-INFINITY-Figure-Syndrome-Not-Specified/dp/B00AXI9WYE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435632504&sr=8-1&keywords=syndrome+disney+infinity

Completed the 1.0 characters this week with getting 5 figures(6th was a skylander) from gamestop from the buy 3 get them 50% off.

Also ordered Crystal Mickey 1.0 from amazon for $5.99 and now Syndrome for $12.99 and Jack Skellington for $8.99

No idea why i do this but my kids love them and my wife loves giving me hard time when i always tell her I'm not going after every character lol

Have had all the 2.0 characters for awhile now. Can't pass up the best buy deals with GCU.

All this petty "No FF/X-Men" shit Marvel/Disney is doing is really really annoying. No matter how much Marvel Studios wants to pretend that the Inhumans are better than the X-Men, they never will be.
I'm sure that someone said something similar about Guardians of the Galaxy never being better than F4. Now which property is hotter?

Uhm.. I kind of doubt Guardians of the Galaxy was even noteworthy enough to have been compared to the Fantastic Four.. Despite that, I was still mored hyped for it than any other disney marvel movie release, past or future planned.. o_O; Dr. Strange might have matched it, but I'm not sold on Benedict Cumberbatch being right for it..

I'm still holding out some hope for a Slapstick movie someday.. ;-;!

But Aye.. this whole Inhumans thing is sounding pretty lame.. And I was actually looking really forward to seeing them before I knew they were being stand ins for mutants.. o.o;

Slightly off topic...I need to go ahead and grab the multiplayer trophy for 2.0. Up to this point I've only played the game offline with my son and daughter.

Can anyone friend me and we can set up a time to jump on the PS3 version toybox for about 5 minutes so I can grab the trophy? I'm at work now but hoping to do this sometime this afternoon or early evening.

My PSN tag is joshTX.

I'm in need of the same thing as JoshTX, only on PS4 instead. If anyone wants to help out, shoot me a PM and we'll set up a time for it.

Really want to grab that multiplayer trophy as that would give me 100% of the trophies for 2.0.

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm in need of the same thing as JoshTX, only on PS4 instead. If anyone wants to help out, shoot me a PM and we'll set up a time for it.

Really want to grab that multiplayer trophy as that would give me 100% of the trophies for 2.0.

Thanks in advance. :)
If you still need this in a few day (maybe a week) I'll be up for that. I ordered it on yesterday on eBay but the seller has yet to ship it.

I have a question of my own though. I am very new to DI (only have the game on Vita and 5 figures) and I have barely played it. I have never played any other interactive figure game ever so I have no other experience as well.

I am wondering if there is any difference between figures from different generations. I am unsure if there are currently any that have come out twice, but in 3.0 I notice there are some that might. Based on some photos I saw I noticed there was a new Spider-man and a new Thor, and some others. Perhaps that is just promotional images, I have no clue.

So let's say they do release them, are they the same figure (inside) and just look different or do they have new/better skills or something?

If you still need this in a few day (maybe a week) I'll be up for that. I ordered it on yesterday on eBay but the seller has yet to ship it.

I have a question of my own though. I am very new to DI (only have the game on Vita and 5 figures) and I have barely played it. I have never played any other interactive figure game ever so I have no other experience as well.

I am wondering if there is any difference between figures from different generations. I am unsure if there are currently any that have come out twice, but in 3.0 I notice there are some that might. Based on some photos I saw I noticed there was a new Spider-man and a new Thor, and some others. Perhaps that is just promotional images, I have no clue.

So let's say they do release them, are they the same figure (inside) and just look different or do they have new/better skills or something?
Same!! One more PS4 player and we can get the 4 player trophy! I'm in, PM me with when you guys want to do it.

As for the characters, no, no new Spider-Man or Thor, just promotional images. The only Marvel ones announced so far are Hulkbuster Iron Man (who is different than Iron Man) and Ultron. We're getting another Mickey Mouse too, but he's a completely different character with new moves and everything.

1. There is a significant difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 figures. The 1.0 figures' skill trees are, in most cases, significantly worse than the 2.0 figures' skill trees. I would recommend only getting the 1.0 figures if you really like the specific character or, like me, feel compelled to collect them all, minus the variants, because of how much I appreciate everything Disney and the Infinity team at Avalanche in particular has done for the community.

2. There are 59 unique figures in total, but in addition to that, there are also 8 Crystal versions of Disney characters. The crystals are: Agent P, Buzz Lightyear, Jack Sparrow, Lightning McQueen, Lone Ranger, Mr. Incredible, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey Mouse and Sulley. There is also a Black Suit Spiderman that has been released, but those 9 are the only characters that have had any re-releases or variants of any kind. Those pictures you saw were just Disney promoting the new game with some of the most popular figures released so far.

3. There are 2 differences between the Crystal figures and the regular versions of the figures. The first one is that they earn experience much faster than the regular versions and the second difference is that they are a bit more powerful in-game. Again, this is where I draw the line with collecting them, as the Crystals don't even look that good IMO.

4. Thanks a lot for offering to help! Just message me whenever you get the game and have some time to help me out. Hope I helped you as well! :D

1. There is a significant difference between the 1.0 and 2.0 figures. The 1.0 figures' skill trees are, in most cases, significantly worse than the 2.0 figures' skill trees. I would recommend only getting the 1.0 figures if you really like the specific character or, like me, feel compelled to collect them all, minus the variants, because of how much I appreciate everything Disney and the Infinity team at Avalanche in particular has done for the community.

2. There are 59 unique figures in total, but in addition to that, there are also 8 Crystal versions of Disney characters. The crystals are: Agent P, Buzz Lightyear, Jack Sparrow, Lightning McQueen, Lone Ranger, Mr. Incredible, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey Mouse and Sulley. There is also a Black Suit Spiderman that has been released, but those 9 are the only characters that have had any re-releases or variants of any kind. Those pictures you saw were just Disney promoting the new game with some of the most popular figures released so far.
Sorry for the following long post...

OK I figured the 2.0 figures are more advanced. But there are no 1.0 figures that were re-issued for 2.0 and there are currently no ANNOUNCED 1.0/2.0 figures being released for 3.0? If so that's good to hear. I am not going for a full set or anything. I just want the characters I care about.

So far I have:

• Black Suit Spider-Man (this along with the announcement of Boba Fett is what got me into Infinity) - Found out this is just a color variant for the normal Spider-Man. So that saves me money from getting the normal red/blue
  • Venom/Groot/Baymax/Wreck It Ralph - I got all 4 of those for $30 total at Best Buy last week after I planned on getting the Vita version for Black Suit Spider-Man
I found a 2.0 starter set that was from Wal-Mart that comes with Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Captain America, and Hawkeye for $34 shipping. I a little more than what I would have wanted to spend, BUT if you just break it down as 5 figures that's a little more than $6 a figure and I basically get the PS4 game and base for free. So I thought it was a good deal.

Here are the 1.0 and 2.0 figures I am even remotely interested in.

• Buzz Lightyear - I heard he is really bad outside of 1.0 and his playset since you can't get any of his stuff?
  • Hulk - To finish Avengers team (I don't care about Nick Fury) set
  • Stitch - I can do his voice so I always had an affinity for him

But looking at that list and seeing a dollar sign of like $20-30 for them all...It's like...Why bother? I really dislike how Buzz looks also, but I love me some Toy Story.

Here is the 3.0 figures that interest me:

• Hulk Buster
  • Sam Flynn
  • Anakin Skywalker/Ahsoka Tano - The fact that these are part of the core starter set comforts me greatly
  • Darth Maul - I really dislike how Vader looks (he looks like a pig to me with the oversized breathing area)
  • Sabine - I like her outfit in Rebels, I am a big Boba Fett fan so.......
  • BOBA FETT!!!!!!! - This is the biggest one for me for sure.
So if I ignore Anakin/Ahsoka and wait for a $40 sale at Best Buy on the starter kit (eventually). That leaves 5 figures...If I wait for a B2G1 free sale or a $10 sale which usually happens that would hopefully put my total cost of 3.0 at...$76 for the game and 6 figures...Let's just hope the stars align for this to happen.

Has Zeb Orrelios been announced as a Gamestop exclusive? Or is there a special Gamestop version? Timed exclusive?

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/disney-infinity-30-edition-zeb-orrelios-figure-gamestop-exclusive/122875
I was educating myself on DI 3.0 as best I could last night and it seems every major retailer is getting a TIMED exclusive figure. A number of websites state this in one form or another

Disney had claimed that all the store exclusive figures will be available everywhere later in the fall, though there is no confirmed date for that as well.
  • Amazon: Fear
  • Best Buy: Mulan
  • GameStop: Zeb
  • Target: Sabine
  • Toys ‘R’ Us: Ezra
  • Walmart: Kanan

If anyone needs help with the MP achievements on XB1, feel free to shoot me a message.  I wasn't really going after them, but I'm happy to help out someone.  GT - StrangerStill79

I bought the Vita starter kit just for the Black Suit Spider-Man but I don't need everything else. If anybody is interested in buying it off me, PM me.

Used figures are still 50% off on Gamestop.com if you buy at least 3. I just got into these, because 3.0 Star Wars looks awesome, and it's nice to be able to step in and be able to get pretty much all the figures I want, plus some, for less than $30. :p Especially after experiencing Amiibo, I spent $44 just getting Greninja and Lucario. >_> Game wise, I bought the Toy Box Starter for $30... not sure if that's a decent price or not, but it seemed to be.

Is there anything I need to know, being new to this game? I'm mostly in it for toy box mode, and hoping it doesn't disappoint.

Also crossing my fingers, toes, and everything else for a Bolt figure in 3.0. It's one of the few I'd pay MSRP for. :3

Used figures are still 50% off on Gamestop.com if you buy at least 3. I just got into these, because 3.0 Star Wars looks awesome, and it's nice to be able to step in and be able to get pretty much all the figures I want, plus some, for less than $30. :p Especially after experiencing Amiibo, I spent $44 just getting Greninja and Lucario. >_> Game wise, I bought the Toy Box Starter for $30... not sure if that's a decent price or not, but it seemed to be.

Is there anything I need to know, being new to this game? I'm mostly in it for toy box mode, and hoping it doesn't disappoint.

Also crossing my fingers, toes, and everything else for a Bolt figure in 3.0. It's one of the few I'd pay MSRP for. :3
Bolt won't happen in 3.0, they still haven't completed working on quadruped characters yet. Most are hoping 4.0 will achieve that so we can get stuff for Bolt, Lion King, Jungle Book, Pluto, etc...

I am kinda in the same boat as you.

I got the Vita version for black suit and kinda went full force...

I was able to find someone on eBay selling a Wal-Mart Starter Kit 2.0 for PS4 for $34 shipped. It comes with 5 Avengers (everyone but Hulk and Nick Fury).

A friend of mine bought me the GotG playset and in turn he gets to use all my figures and borrow the game/playsets. We just got back from GS and he got the normal Spider-Man (store only had one and since I have the black suit I was like OK fine get the normal Spider-Man) and I got Hulk, Rocket Racoon, and Drax. So I'll basically have the main Avengers and GotG team along with the few I got last week at BBY for $30 (Groot, Venom, Wreck It Ralph, and Baymax). So now I'll have all the playsets and all the characters I care to have from 1.0 and 2.0....

Except I don't even have the game yet......Should be here next week from eBay.

I do have a question, what exactly are power discs for? I heard you can stack two of them...Why? Is there a benefit to this? I don't feel like collecting these stupid discs since I THINK all they do is give you colors or little vehicles or something, but maybe I'm wrong?

I was able to find someone on eBay selling a Wal-Mart Starter Kit 2.0 for PS4 for $34 shipped. It comes with 5 Avengers (everyone but Hulk and Nick Fury).

I do have a question, what exactly are power discs for? I heard you can stack two of them...Why? Is there a benefit to this? I don't feel like collecting these stupid discs since I THINK all they do is give you colors or little vehicles or something, but maybe I'm wrong?
FYI, Nick Fury isn't playable in the Avengers Playset. Only the Spider-Man Playset. Iron-Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, and Loki are playable in Avengers. Rocket Raccoon and Nova are also playable in Avengers if you collect all the crossover coins. Nick Fury is not though.

Power Discs are for different things. There are circular power discs, which go under the figures, which do things like give you boosted stats, allow you to summon other characters to help you, give you new attacks, or give you alternate costumes. You can stack up to two discs under each figure, which would allow you the benefits of both discs at the same time. These are usable everywhere but the hall of heroes.

Then there are the hexagonal discs, which give you things like vehicles, weapons, and themed skies and terrain. You can stack up to 3 of these, and they are only usable in the Toy Box.

bread's done
Back