Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, Nick Fury isn't playable in the Avengers Playset. Only the Spider-Man Playset. Iron-Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, and Loki are playable in Avengers. Rocket Raccoon and Nova are also playable in Avengers if you collect all the crossover coins. Nick Fury is not though.

Power Discs are for different things. There are circular power discs, which go under the figures, which do things like give you boosted stats, allow you to summon other characters to help you, give you new attacks, or give you alternate costumes. You can stack up to two discs under each figure, which would allow you the benefits of both discs at the same time. These are usable everywhere but the hall of heroes.

Then there are the hexagonal discs, which give you things like vehicles, weapons, and themed skies and terrain. You can stack up to 3 of these, and they are only usable in the Toy Box.
Ah ok, It sounds like the round discs are cooler. The Toy Box mode isn't my main appeal so I can live without the hexagon ones thankfully.

Are there any "must have" 2.0 power discs? Can you stack two of the same disc for double the boost or do they need to be different discs?

Also, in the Vita set (and I notice on the PS4 one as well) it came with 2 hexagon pieces that I think unlock small levels. Are there any others out there?

Bolt won't happen in 3.0, they still haven't completed working on quadruped characters yet. Most are hoping 4.0 will achieve that so we can get stuff for Bolt, Lion King, Jungle Book, Pluto, etc...
Oh yeah, Lion King stuff would be the tops too. XD Adult Simba especially! I would even love that figure. So no chance of a patch in 3.0 eh? Are these things yearly released?

Oh yeah, Lion King stuff would be the tops too. XD Adult Simba especially! I would even love that figure. So no chance of a patch in 3.0 eh? Are these things yearly released?
A patch for it? No, they've said before they've had issues with quad chars, and they've been working on it for awhile, it has been yearly so far, completely agree on Simba. The problem is how the quad characters would use the various weapons/tools like guns, swords, etc...

The cars have their own set of weapons that you can mount on the vehicle, but they can't use any of the regular weapons or ride another mount/vehicle.

Ah ok, It sounds like the round discs are cooler. The Toy Box mode isn't my main appeal so I can live without the hexagon ones thankfully.

Are there any "must have" 2.0 power discs?
For the Ability discs, yes you can stack multiples of the same disc to get double the effect. There are also certain combinations that give you an extra ability when stacked. Ability discs are basically a 1.0 thing though, they went away from that in 2.0, focusing more on summons, costumes, etc (things you can actually see on the screen basically). You can still use all the 1.0 discs in 2.0 though. There's also a lot of 1.0 ability discs that are different discs, but have basically the same effect, so watch out for that if you decide to collect 1.0 discs.

As far as must have's, really just research and get whatever you think looks cool. There is actually a costume disc for Spider-Man that gives you the Black Suit in game (so the figure is redundant, unless you just really want to have it in physical form). If you use the same disc under the Black Suit Spider-Man figure, it changes him to the standard costume.

For the Ability discs, yes you can stack multiples of the same disc to get double the effect. There are also certain combinations that give you an extra ability when stacked. Ability discs are basically a 1.0 thing though, they went away from that in 2.0, focusing more on summons, costumes, etc (things you can actually see on the screen basically). You can still use all the 1.0 discs in 2.0 though. There's also a lot of 1.0 ability discs that are different discs, but have basically the same effect, so watch out for that if you decide to collect 1.0 discs.

As far as must have's, really just research and get whatever you think looks cool. There is actually a costume disc for Spider-Man that gives you the Black Suit in game (so the figure is redundant, unless you just really want to have it in physical form). If you use the same disc under the Black Suit Spider-Man figure, it changes him to the standard costume.
True there're many discs with the same effect, but some will be more powerful if stacked to a different disc with the same effect than if you stacked two of the same disc type.

Thanks for all the help!

I think these are the ones I am interested in. Any thoughts?

• Alien Symbiote
  • Marvel Team-Up: Winter Soldier
  • Marvel Team-Up: Iron Patriot
  • Marvel Team-Up: Ant-Man
  • Marvel Team-Up: White Tiger
  • Marvel Team-Up: Yondu
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier Strike
  • Infinity Gauntlet
  • Sorcerer Supreme
I really don't want to buy packs in the store blindly so I rather trade or just buy them outright on CAG or something. Are there any other good sites besides CAG to trade/buy for these? If anyone has these up for trade/sale that would be awesome too!

Thanks to everyone who has given me info to help me get started. I don't even have the actual game yet, but I have 10 figures, damn this stuff is stupidly addictive...

I have a complete set now, so I'm out of the trading business, but I've found the best place for trading is Facebook groups.  Not much action here on this board.  Also, if you do want to buy some blind bags, here are some tips.

You can tell what shape the discs are just by feeling the package, so if you're only interested in the round ones, try to feel for a pack that has 2 rounds in it.

If you don't mind returning stuff, you can tell what's inside a package by placing it on the base.  Open and keep what you want, and return what you don't.

You can also buy discs individually on Amazon if you look to go that route, but you'll probably overpay as compared to trading/buying in a group. 

I have a complete set now, so I'm out of the trading business, but I've found the best place for trading is Facebook groups. Not much action here on this board. Also, if you do want to buy some blind bags, here are some tips.

You can tell what shape the discs are just by feeling the package, so if you're only interested in the round ones, try to feel for a pack that has 2 rounds in it.

If you don't mind returning stuff, you can tell what's inside a package by placing it on the base. Open and keep what you want, and return what you don't.

You can also buy discs individually on Amazon if you look to go that route, but you'll probably overpay as compared to trading/buying in a group.
I struck up a conversation with a shopper at Toys R Us during one of the .25 cent sales and he told me the same thing about the facebook trading groups. Do you have the names or links to the facebook group or groups that you would recommend?

Also, congrats on your complete set. :D/

I struck up a conversation with a shopper at Toys R Us during one of the .25 cent sales and he told me the same thing about the facebook trading groups. Do you have the names or links to the facebook group or groups that you would recommend?

Also, congrats on your complete set. :D/
Thanks.

There's a bunch, but the two I've had the most success with are called "Disney Infinity Traders" and "Disney Infinity Trade Forum" shouldn't be too hard to find. I found them when I didn't even really know what I was looking for.

Kotaku posted an article detailing everything available at launch:

Today Disney announced an August 30 release date for the Star Wars-themed Infinity 3.0 starter pack, but anyone who has invested in one of the annual toys-meet-games titles knows that the starter pack is just the beginning.

Were it only the $64.99 price tag for the starter, which includes the “Twilight of the Republic Play Set” with Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano figures. PlayStation 4 owners can also opt for the Star Wars Saga bundle, which includes the chance to play the “Rise Against the Empire” playset earlier than most with Anakin, Ahsoka, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Boba Fett for $114 or so.

So that’s the base game. It’ll also be available for digital download for folks that already have Infinity portals platforms, which explains why Anakin, Ahsoka and the “Twilight of the Republic” playset are also available in a standalone pack.

Solo figures (not to be confused with capital “S” Solo) available on launch day include the fab four from Star Wars: Rebels, Sabine the Mandalorian graffiti artist and those other three less important guys.

Disney proper will represent with Mickey, Minnie, Mulan, Olaf, and the physical release of Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tr0n Probably Should Have Stayed Dead.

From Disney-Pixar’s Inside-Out, a movie that made me cry for 30 minutes straight until the cat bit, we get a special playset pack featuring Joy and Anger, with Sadness, Disgust and Fear sold separately.

Finally there’ll be a four-pack of Power Discs featuring a Tomorrowland theme.

So let’s see, using Target prices as an example, getting everything at launch (not counting the special PS4 set) is $64.99 for the starter plus one adventure pack at $34.99, 13 figures at $13.99 apiece and $9.99 for the Power Discs. That’s $291.84. Mind you many major retailers hold special launch day sales (buy one, get one 50 percent off happens a lot), so plan your shopping accordingly.

Of course their tally doesn't include the special edition, or any potential deals/GCU, but that's a nice chunk of change.

I'm curious if any of the release day ones will be rare. I want to collect all the 3.0 characters but don't want to drop that much in one day for these things.

I'm curious if any of the release day ones will be rare. I want to collect all the 3.0 characters but don't want to drop that much in one day for these things.
I am new to Disney Infnity, so I don't have too much experience, but doing some research on this game in prep for an eventual 3.0 sale. I found out that while there are some rare DI 1.0 figures (Syndrome, some of the other Incredibles) none of them go for a lot over retail on eBay. The only truly "rare" one is black suit spider-man because people just don't have interest in the Vita game and that's the only way to get him.

There are no rare Marvel figures at all, and I don't think there are any rare 2.0 figures in general, so I hope Disney follows suit with that in 3.0.

I am new to Disney Infnity, so I don't have too much experience, but doing some research on this game in prep for an eventual 3.0 sale. I found out that while there are some rare DI 1.0 figures (Syndrome, some of the other Incredibles) none of them go for a lot over retail on eBay. The only truly "rare" one is black suit spider-man because people just don't have interest in the Vita game and that's the only way to get him.

There are no rare Marvel figures at all, and I don't think there are any rare 2.0 figures in general, so I hope Disney follows suit with that in 3.0.
FYI, Syndrome, VIolet and Randy used to go for $35ish each at some point, but for some reason their values have gone down to more acceptable prices in the last month or so.

I wonder how much the digital download version will cost since I have 2.0.

I really wonder if it will be cheaper to buy PSN version and playset the starter kit comes with 

There was a quote somewhere from one of the higher-ups about availability of figures (I believe in reference to Amiibos), and he said they aim to have plenty of stock for each figure and make it easier for customers to get any figure they are looking for. The past two releases have been easy to find stock of whatever you're looking for, even store exclusives like the crystal figures.

Edit: Found it! It's from the executive producer of Disney Infinity, John Vignocchi:

Hanson: Given the turbulent release of Amiibo characters, are you doing anything to prepare for the high demand for Star Wars figures?

Vignocchi: There is never an intention to create a shortage of any figures. It is irresponsible and rude to your hardcore fans. They don't want to create frustration or the hunt. So they will be stocking the shelves well!

There was a quote somewhere from one of the higher-ups about availability of figures (I believe in reference to Amiibos), and he said they aim to have plenty of stock for each figure and make it easier for customers to get any figure they are looking for. The past two releases have been easy to find stock of whatever you're looking for, even store exclusives like the crystal figures.

Edit: Found it! It's from the executive producer of Disney Infinity, John Vignocchi:

Hanson: Given the turbulent release of Amiibo characters, are you doing anything to prepare for the high demand for Star Wars figures?
Vignocchi: There is never an intention to create a shortage of any figures. It is irresponsible and rude to your hardcore fans. They don't want to create frustration or the hunt. So they will be stocking the shelves well!
Nice. Thank you.

With 2.0, I haven't had to hunt (or pay retail) for a single figure and I have all but two at this point.  Still need Jasmine and Loki.  SW is pretty popular with kids and adults, so I expect there to be more interest, but I doubt we'll have a hard time finding certain figures. 

Even the retail exclusive figures are rumored to go live everywhere on September 20th. 

I have the full figure set so far, and the only ones I had to pay more than MSRP for were Violet and Randall, and that was barely 5-10$ more for both of them.

Kinda sad how most Amiibos look bad in comparison yet are 10 times harder to obtain. The thing I love most about Infinity figures are how good they look and their overall quality.

^^  Agreed.  I feel like the 2.0 figures slipped in overall quality a little, just a little.  But, what I've seen of the 3.0 figures it seems like they are high quality again.  Looking forward to next month.  :D/

I still have all of set 1... I gave up collecting the entirity of set 2 because the kid lost interest.  SW has me perked and maybe Inside Out ... but honestly all the retailer exclusive hoops are making me just write it off.

And don't get me starting on the souring of my grapes because of Amiibos.  Those things are ridiculous to find anything other than the same 4 in any store.  

I still have all of set 1... I gave up collecting the entirity of set 2 because the kid lost interest. SW has me perked and maybe Inside Out ... but honestly all the retailer exclusive hoops are making me just write it off.

And don't get me starting on the souring of my grapes because of Amiibos. Those things are ridiculous to find anything other than the same 4 in any store.
To be fair, there are only 6 exclusive figures, and they should all be released to every store within a month or so. I believe the rumored date right now is September 20th for those, though I could be mistaken.

I notice that gamestop has the vita version on sale for $39.99. Just yesterday it was $59.99. Anyone know if this is a one day sale?

There is a promo/sale at Toys R Us.

Woody and Crystal Sulley for $4 each. You can also get a power disc pack for 99 cents with each figure purchase. Regardless of the number of figures you have in an order you can only get 1 power disc pack for 99 cents. So it's better to make multiple orders if you want multiple power disc packs!
I saw this on SD and ordered Crystal Sulley and a 2.0 originals power disc pack. God help me. This is my first Crystal figure. If the others end up dropping below $5, I will probably buy them too.

so any news about the collector's edition for playstation? I really want that Boba Fett isn't that the exclusive if I remember correctly?

so any news about the collector's edition for playstation? I really want that Boba Fett isn't that the exclusive if I remember correctly?
All of the details about the Saga Bundle, exclusive to the PS3 and PS4 consoles, have been announced.

The Saga Bundle comes with Boba Fett, who won't be sold separately until January, the regular starter pack and the Rise Against the Empire Playset, which won't be sold separately until September 20th. It will be priced at $115, or $92 with GCU at Best Buy, and release on August 30th.

If you're wondering if there will be a statue of some sort included like there was for 2.0, the answer to that is no according to John Vignocchi, the VP of production for Disney Infinity.

Anyways, on the live stream at Comic Con today, the Disney Infinity team all but confirmed Ant Man as a figure that will be released for Disney Infinity 3.0. They unfortunately did not disclose any information about the upcoming Marvel Playset or announce any other new figures. As for release dates, they said Hulkbuster Iron Man and Ultron would be released later this fall. You can watch their live stream for today here: http://www.twitch.tv/disney/v/7198513.

All of the details about the Saga Bundle, exclusive to the PS3 and PS4 consoles, have been announced.

The Saga Bundle comes with Boba Fett, who won't be sold separately until January, the regular starter pack and the Rise Against the Empire Playset, which won't be sold separately until September 20th. It will be priced at $115, or $92 with GCU at Best Buy, and release on August 30th.

If you're wondering if there will be a statue of some sort included like there was for 2.0, the answer to that is no according to John Vignocchi, the VP of production for Disney Infinity.

Anyways, on the live stream at Comic Con today, the Disney Infinity team all but confirmed Ant Man as a figure that will be released for Disney Infinity 3.0. They unfortunately did not disclose any information about the upcoming Marvel Playset or announce any other new figures. As for release dates, they said Hulkbuster Iron Man and Ultron would be released later this fall. You can watch their live stream for today here: http://www.twitch.tv/disney/v/7198513.
I have been watching to see if they are going to do pre-orders on the saga bundle because I have to admit I really just want it for the Boba Fett part. I will most likely play all the content for the original and the pre-quel but the animated series I'm not really that excited for.

NVM the pre-orders are up on Best Buy. Just ordered my PS4 Saga and went ahead and ordered my Madden since I was logging in. Woo!

Damn I passed on Disney Infinity 1 & 2, but this one really has me interested. I wonder how much detail will be paid into each of the stories or if they will just pick special pieces  :whistle2:k  (which from descriptions, seems to be the case)

Unfortunately they didn't give me a good look at the dates on the flyer but when I was in Gamestop today and had a clerk and manager manually adjust my trade down $10 they showed me the top half of a summer sale advert for b1g1 free infinity figures. Again sorry for not having dates but they said "Next week" which either means tomorrow when the new ad starts or a week from tomorrow when next weeks ad starts. 

Edit: Also their Buy 3 or more preowned toys to life figures get each 50% off is still on. Picked up a Rapunzel, Groot and Rocket for $16 off my trade in.

All I want is the Merida figure and the two playset discs, I already have Stitch and I don't have a WiiU...

Does anyone want to work something out? I don't see how it could be worth it due to shipping though :/

This is good for those who want the packaging/cards, but the 50% off used figures is a lot better IMO. Plus that sale is still active on the website.
Eh, I have never bought a used figure and will never buy one used either, and I don't care about the packaging/cards. Just don't want a figure that's been used by others; doesn't seem sanitary or smart, lol.

Eh, I have never bought a used figure and will never buy one used either, and I don't care about the packaging/cards. Just don't want a figure that's been used by others; doesn't seem sanitary or smart, lol.
I bought 3 of them and they all looked great from a local store. My cousin ordered like 10 online and all his looked great. You can always clean them. I can understand where you are coming from, but if you are OK with handling cash money, then everything should be fair game for you in terms of germs.

Randall is available for $8.99 on microsoftstore.com with free shipping right now.  Syndrome is also that price, but out of stock.  

Looks like all figures are $9.99 or less.  Combine a few figures to hit $25, use the Golden Crisp coupon of $10 off $25 and it's a pretty good deal.

It's B1G1 free.

Also, I posted the deal on the previous page, so not sure why it was posted again anyways.
I think he was pointing out that GS' deal is better than the deal I plotted out, which is correct since it's B1G1F and not 50%. Of course, you're not going to find Randall at GS like MS has for now.

bread's done
Back