Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
All these new announcements are making me a bit hesitant to leap on this day one. Especially considering the deals I got on all the figures and playsets around the holiday period last year.

Ok... so I'm the nerdy opposite.

I held off on finishing my 2.0 set.  I ended up getting the figs for approx 8 a piece.  I don't like used because I actually plan on using the PC/iOS ones now that my kids are growing into PCs.

For 3.0 SW has me sucked in.  I just went through and bought all I could using GCU so that the "sales" don't seem as impressive.  But the thing is, Best Buy PM's a LOT of the sales.  Not all, but most.  And I have 45 days to return them.  I dunno, it worked well for me in 1.0, not so much in 2.0 but I was far less enthusiastic about it.

Just preordered the saga bundle for $50 after gift cards and gcu. I loved the first one, sorta liked the second, and looking forward to this because of Star Wars. My daughter and I should get a ton of playtime on this

I have seen nothing regarding either Aladdin discs or Spidey individual releases but the Aladdin pack is only $15 on Amazon. You could pick that up and sell the figures to get the discs.

4. #Kingdomheartbreak: JV stated explicitly that only 5,000 of the discs were made and it will never be sold in stores. This decision is absolutely inexplicable to me, it really feels like half of the 3.0 ultimate unlock just went to 5,000 lucky scalpers and a few actual players, rather than to the general public. Clearly they understood this was something people wanted, because otherwise they wouldn't have taken the time to negotiate the rights and implement these things in game.
It wasn't part of the presentation, but they clarified later that the power disc is not in the Hall of Herodes or listed in the game, so it's not required for the ultimate unlock.

Right... what I'm wondering is if the costume for King Mickey unlocks with the Keyblade.  That'd make the most sense.  Then, yea, you don't need the disc but everyone can get it... IF you get all of them.

It wasn't part of the presentation, but they clarified later that the power disc is not in the Hall of Herodes or listed in the game, so it's not required for the ultimate unlock.
It is correct that the two are separate. It is also correct that people who have both will have King Mickey with a keyblade in DI 3.0 and people who have only one of those things will have only one. I would have strongly considered buying all the figures for 3.0 if the ultimate unlock was both the costume and the keyblade. As is, I don't know that I even want the keyblade because I think every time I look at it I'll just be ticked that I don't get to have the other half.

I wonder if announcing these light up figures early will be good or bad for them. They aren't going to piss people off by doing it later but the amount of people who will wait is probably greater than the amount of people who want to collect every version of every figure.

The Cars playset is in stock again for shipping at BB. It's $7.99 before GCU http://www.bestbuy.com/site/avalanche-studios-avalanche-studios-disney-infinity-figure-cars-play-set/1354068.p?id=1219048494209&skuId=1354068&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032

It's been posted before here, but it was out of stock for a while.

I picked up some Disney Infinity Power Disc Albums yesterday at TRU. They are 50% off. I ended up getting the Series 1 book that has the slots for the TRU exclusive discs. I wish I could find a Series 2 book at TRU but I didn't have any luck at three stores. I also bought that Disney Infinity: 2.0 Edition Power Disc Album Bundle with the 5 discs in it. I'm not sure if I'll ever fill that book though. I haven't seen 2.0 discs in stock at any TRU in a long time. I was hoping for some crazy $1 sales or possibly more .25 cent sales.

So I got some Infinity figures in the mail from GS and they were mashed. Woody is one of the worst where he is actually standing at like a 45 degree angle since his base was bent upwards in the packaging. Anyone have easy fixes for that? Normally with other figures you can soak them in warm water and alter the way they form and what not slightly but since these have electric components I would rather not.

Any ideas?

So I got some Infinity figures in the mail from GS and they were mashed. Woody is one of the worst where he is actually standing at like a 45 degree angle since his base was bent upwards in the packaging. Anyone have easy fixes for that? Normally with other figures you can soak them in warm water and alter the way they form and what not slightly but since these have electric components I would rather not.

Any ideas?
Call your local Gamestops and tell them the situation. They may have them in stock or can get them transferred for you to exchange.

I recently ordered 3 Disney Infinity accessories online. One arrived correct, the other two were flat out the wrong items. Website said they will try to send replacements, but my local store was able to fix it much easier.

This does not fill me with hope for my incoming orders from GS.
Some were in near perfect shape though too. Biggest problem was just being generally beat up/scuffed. Is to be expected though especially from the main Disney characters that were most likely played with by little ones.

Huh... it's funny I was just looking at the 2.0 book yesterday.  I stopped doing discs as the collection process is a waste.... I kinda like the 3.0 idea which is releasing them in small packs.  I dunno.

Check your Walmart. They already have them out. Tried buying the PS4 version, but got denied at the register. Maybe some of you can fanagle your way to letting them sell it to you.

IMG_20150822_140304.jpg

IMG_20150822_140312.jpg

Anyone have any idea how many of the Toy Box Takeovers GS will have? Because of the amount of credit I built up there I preordered with them. Now I am wondering if that was a mistake. Wouldn't be the first time they had a preorder bonus and then only had 3 of them.
Also with the light fx figures what are the Star Wars figures to get at release? The Rebels guys minus Kanan? Had been planning on getting Yoda, but now will wait for the nicer figure one.

Anyone have any idea how many of the Toy Box Takeovers GS will have? Because of the amount of credit I built up there I preordered with them. Now I am wondering if that was a mistake. Wouldn't be the first time they had a preorder bonus and then only had 3 of them.

Each pre order should have them. You should call your local gamestop and check if they will promise to keep one for you. Website says it will be there with pickup. All retailers are giving this away. I don't think they will run out. Besides they will sell this separate from pre orders, just have them pull one off the shelf to add it free to your order

So i've been looking fkr a definitive answer on this but I want to purchase the PS4 deluxe kit but really want to play on my Xbox One. How do I use the PS4 playsets on xbox one without having to purchase the xbox one set?

All figures (including Crystals) are 3 for $20 at TRU.  

If people are looking to complete a collection, that's not a bad price point.  

So i've been looking fkr a definitive answer on this but I want to purchase the PS4 deluxe kit but really want to play on my Xbox One. How do I use the PS4 playsets on xbox one without having to purchase the xbox one set?
You would need an XBox One Starter Kit or the digital version of the game and an Xbox One base.

TRU seems to have a deal going on for Power Disc, anyone know if there is a UPC list of Marvel 2.0 power disc like we had for older power disc so not to get duplicates? Or are they really all blind bags(it looks like they dont have Series# to differentiate)? I already got all the exclusive TRU disc but now starting to get the Marvel 2.0 ones and i dont want too many dups but i couldnt find a list when i tried google. Hopefully you guys have a list.

All figures (including Crystals) are 3 for $20 at TRU.

If people are looking to complete a collection, that's not a bad price point.
They keep getting slightly better. Last week it was buy one get another for $2 so essentially 2 for $17. At least now at 3 for $20 it is better than BB with GCU.

Power discs this time work completely different. No more blind packs. At launch, there are 8 total (4 in each pack). Tomorrowland and Twilight of the Republic.

Future packs are "Rise of the Empire", Zootopia, Good Dinosaur

Also with the light fx figures what are the Star Wars figures to get at release? The Rebels guys minus Kanan? Had been planning on getting Yoda, but now will wait for the nicer figure one.
At release is:

Anakin/Ahsoka (starter)

Luke Leia Fett (PS4 Collectors).

Yoda

Obi-Wan

Kanan - Walmart exclusive

Zeb - Gamestop exclusive

Sabine - Target exclusive

Ezra - Toyrus Exclusive

Sept:

Han, Chewie, Luke Leia (non collectors)

Nov:

Darth Maul

FX figures shown were (with no release date):

Obi

Anakin

Vader

Yoda

Kana

Luke

AFAIK, besides Toybox Takeover, the only other thing at launch is the racing pack

Looks like less power disc this time and with lack of blind power packs, they should not make as much money as before. Wonder how they plan to get back that profit.

So can you buy the takeover box seprately or can you only get it by preordering?
As of right now you can only get it by pre-ordering but that and Toy Box Speedway will be available at a later, currently unannounced date. I hope they at least sell Toy Box Speedway soon as it looks like a ton of fun. :)

Is this in store only? I just checked online and did not see anything about this.
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?s=A-UnitRank&origkw=082315figs&sr=1&keywords=082315figs&kwCatId=&kw=082315figs&ppg=96

They keep getting slightly better. Last week it was buy one get another for $2 so essentially 2 for $17. At least now at 3 for $20 it is better than BB with GCU.
Especially for the Crystal figures. I don't think I had seem them for that price. Ended up picking up all 6 for $40.

Now I have the complete first set. Ugh. Not that the kids even mess with it any more. Oh, well. Damn the completionist in me.

Mulan is BB exclusive.

Fear is Amazon exclusive.  

I read somewhere that Speedway was day 1.  But I can't find that.  Edit:  More reading only finds this fall so maybe that was a mistake.

And other places have them selling those sets for $20, so I imagine that'll be the going rate.

And they still haven't announced the other 2-3 Marvel characters.  Hopefully Antman, Yellowjacket and Thanos.

Blind packs may have gotten some of you collector's (it did for me 1.0), but it lost even more.  I spoke with a LOT of people at the TRU trade days back at launch and most of us agreed that all the scratchers and whatnot ruined it for everyone.  I personally quit trying.  These shown packs... much better idea.  I know what I'm getting, I know what I'm going after.

Looks like TRU is selling out quickly.  I nabbed 6 of the crystals this morning, but still need Lone Ranger and Crystal Mickey.  Looks like they're sold out in the stores around me.  And, why isn't Jack Skellington not part of the 3 for $20 sale??

Once I get Lone Ranger and Mickey, I'll have all retail figures.  Now to get the symbiote Spiderman, which is rumored to be a single figure release for 3.0. 

Looks like TRU is selling out quickly. I nabbed 6 of the crystals this morning, but still need Lone Ranger and Crystal Mickey. Looks like they're sold out in the stores around me. And, why isn't Jack Skellington not part of the 3 for $20 sale??

Once I get Lone Ranger and Mickey, I'll have all retail figures. Now to get the symbiote Spiderman, which is rumored to be a single figure release for 3.0.
Gmestop has had the vita starter set on sale for $39.99 for about a week or so. I used power up rewards and discount gc to get it for around $35. Plan to sell everything from the set, aside from spidey, on ebay as going rate is between $15-$20. Hopefully walk away with him for about retail price of a regular figure.

I am tempted to get the Crystal variants but until they become required for collections in game, I think I can hold off. Buzz is the only Crystal one that actually looks appealing to me anyway.

*edit*

and now all I can think about is getting the crystal ones.

bread's done
Back