Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
They keep getting slightly better. Last week it was buy one get another for $2 so essentially 2 for $17. At least now at 3 for $20 it is better than BB with GCU.
sadly, it's not all figures. it says "selected" it's only a few 1.0 characters outside of the crystal variants.

Gmestop has had the vita starter set on sale for $39.99 for about a week or so. I used power up rewards and discount gc to get it for around $35. Plan to sell everything from the set, aside from spidey, on ebay as going rate is between $15-$20. Hopefully walk away with him for about retail price of a regular figure.
OOh, I had not paid much attention, but that's doable. Thanks for the tip!

I am tempted to get the Crystal variants but until they become required for collections in game, I think I can hold off. Buzz is the only Crystal one that actually looks appealing to me anyway.

*edit*

and now all I can think about is getting the crystal ones.
I honestly don't really care for the crystal ones all that much, which is why I hadn't gotten them up to now. But for $6.60 per figure, it'll be nice to be able to say I have them all. Plus I had some paypal funny money from selling random stuff.

I tells ya, though. This Sunday is gonna be dangerous. Real dangerous. My wallet might stop talking to me for a while. ..... I'm good with that. :D/

Well, I'm in the rabbit hole for this now!  Was visiting a TRU today and with the 3 for $20 sale I ended up getting:

• Crystal Buzz
  • Crystal Jack Sparrow
  • Crystal Lightning
  • Crystal Agent P
  • Woody
  • Sorcerer Mickey

Not gonna open a single one until my 3.0 copy gets here and I see if I actually even like this series, but at $6 a pop I can probably display these and get my money's worth...

Pffttt.... this Sunday everything is already ordered and paid for.  With only 3 figs coming via shipping.

The crystals have been meh.  Especially when they packaged Crystal Buzz with Crystal McQueen.  That was a huge FU.  Luckily they finally released a single, but not before I stopped bothering.

How long is the 3 for $20 sale?

Half tempted to get the crystal figures. Was going to do it online but of course toysrus sucks when it comes to these deals and only allows one discount per order so i would have to pay for shipping and after that the figures come out to almost $10 a piece and that's not worth it to me.

Have way to many infinity,skylanders,and amiibos figures still unopened that i haven't given to the kids. I really don't need another 6 tucked away in boxes lol.

Good thing closet store is an hour away lol

How long is the 3 for $20 sale?

Half tempted to get the crystal figures. Was going to do it online but of course toysrus sucks when it comes to these deals and only allows one discount per order so i would have to pay for shipping and after that the figures come out to almost $10 a piece and that's not worth it to me.

Have way to many infinity,skylanders,and amiibos figures still unopened that i haven't given to the kids. I really don't need another 6 tucked away in boxes lol.

Good thing closet store is an hour away lol
It's for the whole week, based on the email that I got this morning.

Sorry to help push people over the edge on the Crystals. Glad I got them locally before they sold out.

Thank you guys, but also at the same time fuck you. :)  I just spent $40 + tax to complete the collection (well... complete for the next 4 or so more days). I already had the Sulley crystal figure, but I just ordered the remaining six TRU exclusive crystal figures. I said I wouldn't do it, but I did it. Jack Sparrow and the Lone Ranger were only available at one store within driving distance. It was either get them now or wait for a price drop and pay for shipping. My hunch is they won't restock these old figures, but who knows. I could be wrong. 

Son of a b...

And a year or two from now I'll probably be doing the same thing with every last Star Wars variant once they get around $6.66 a piece.

Thank you guys, but also at the same time fuck you. :) I just spent $40 + tax to complete the collection (well... complete for the next 4 or so more days). I already had the Sulley crystal figure, but I just ordered the remaining six TRU exclusive crystal figures. I said I wouldn't do it, but I did it. Jack Sparrow and the Lone Ranger were only available at one store within driving distance. It was either get them now or wait for a price drop and pay for shipping. My hunch is they won't restock these old figures, but who knows. I could be wrong.

Son of a b...

And a year or two from now I'll probably be doing the same thing with every last Star Wars variant once they get around $6.66 a piece.
I don't know, not sure I will need the non light fx figures. But the odds are pretty good a year from now I have 2 Lukes and 2 Anakins.

So will Boba Fett and the Rise Against the Empire set have its own packaging in the Disney Infinity: 3.0 Star Wars Saga Bundle or will it be loose like the figures in the starter pack?

So will Boba Fett and the Rise Against the Empire set have its own packaging in the Disney Infinity: 3.0 Star Wars Saga Bundle or will it be loose like the figures in the starter pack?
The Saga bundle is just an over pack. Rise Against the Empire and Boba are in the same packaging that they will be when available separately.

Didn't realize how many figures were releasing at launch until I just made a list. This could be an expensive week!

I need the Best Buy and TRU ads for next week to see if there are any good launch deals. Last year I scored a free playset and a free figure.

I have a reward certificate that expires on the 29th that I have applied to an in store pickup for DI3.0.  I keep getting emails to spend it before that expiration date, so with the game coming out on the 30th I don't know if it's gonna apply the certificate to the preorder or not.  Anyone know how this will play out?

I have a reward certificate that expires on the 29th that I have applied to an in store pickup for DI3.0. I keep getting emails to spend it before that expiration date, so with the game coming out on the 30th I don't know if it's gonna apply the certificate to the preorder or not. Anyone know how this will play out?
Same here actually. From what I've seen people report, it's fine. Apparently BB systems think it's still unspent if you use rewards on preorders, that's why they send the reminder emails.

Same here actually. From what I've seen people report, it's fine. Apparently BB systems think it's still unspent if you use rewards on preorders, that's why they send the reminder emails.
Thanks. I was thinking it would be OK, but the emails had me a little worried I'd end up losing the certificate and getting surprised by an extra $15 charge when picking it up. I tried calling yesterday to ask, but sat on hold for 40 minutes without anyone picking up before hanging up. Your response makes me think I'm safe, but I'll still wait and see if they respond to my unboxed forum post.

FYI, I just contacted Amazon through chat and they are adjusting my Yoda and Obi-wan to the 2 for $20 that is in Target's ad this Sunday.
Is 2 for $20 on single figures at Target the best deal for the release week? Any deals on other playsets, power discs, etc.? Mainly looking at Best Buy, Target, Gamestop (haha), since I don't have a TRU in my area and it would have to be a heck of a deal for me to drive an hour to get it.

I'm also not sure how much else there is to buy since I pre-ordered the special edition at BB. I'm assuming a bunch. :(

Best Buy has buy 3 DI items, get 1 free.  However, the restriction says it can only include one starter pack and one playset, so realistically all you can get for free is figures.

I've already cancelled my single figures on Amazon in anticipation of the target sale. If bb has a deal on the starter set that'll get cancelled too.

Infinity Inquirer just posted the Disney Infinity deals, or rather deal, that will be happening next week at Best Buy.

Looks like we are getting a Buy 3 Disney Infinity items, Get 1 Free sale. I have a ton of stuff pre-ordered at Best Buy (Starter Pack, Inside Out Playset and 8 figures), so hopefully I can pick those up and get refunded for 2 of the figures I pre-ordered. 

I do not have a video buy MightyGitis (@MightyLauren on Twitter) is a Toy Box Master Artist and has pictures of the unboxed Saga bundle on her feed and I specifically asked that question. Just like last years Collector's Edition the Saga Bundle is packaged with all components in their respective retail boxes.

I believe you, but do you have a link or an unboxing video? I'd like to see how this is set up. Thanks!

I have a reward certificate that expires on the 29th that I have applied to an in store pickup for DI3.0. I keep getting emails to spend it before that expiration date, so with the game coming out on the 30th I don't know if it's gonna apply the certificate to the preorder or not. Anyone know how this will play out?
Just got a response on BB's forums for anyone in a similar situation...

The simplest answer to your question is...NO! A certificate is considered redeemed once it has been applied to a pre-order, so the expiration date should no longer be a factor. You may still receive notification emails about the certificate because your order has not been fully processed yet since the item has not been released; however, the certificate that you applied to your Disney Infinity 3.0 figure pre-order is currently considered redeemed.

Hmmmmm thanks for the heads up on the Best Buy deal. 

I only planned on getting the Saga Bundle, Yoda and Obi-Wan. 

I figured I could hold off on the Inside Out playset until I could get a sale on it and then the other Disney Original Characters would just be picked up later through deals.

Now I am tempted to get more though, crap-ola.

I obviously would rather get another figure free over the power discs since those are cheaper. But then if I get Mickey, I will want Minnie and if I get Flynn I will want Quorra and then I will be over 4 items so I will want a whole other batch. Damn you Disney Infinity.

I wish the Rebels weren't all exclusives, I wanted them at launch but would much rather get them at Best Buy... ugh. Decisions decision.

I only want 3 figures on launch day...

Obi-Wan

Yoda
Sam Flynn

I am trying to see if my cousin wants to split the cost evenly and he can have the 4th figure. If not I may need to get Mickey or Quorra or something.

Infinity Inquirer just posted the Disney Infinity deals, or rather deal, that will be happening next week at Best Buy.

Looks like we are getting a Buy 3 Disney Infinity items, Get 1 Free sale. I have a ton of stuff pre-ordered at Best Buy (Starter Pack, Inside Out Playset and 8 figures), so hopefully I can pick those up and get refunded for 2 of the figures I pre-ordered.
With GCU that brings the price of four figures lower than Targets deal. Hopefully my BB will actually get some in this time (it took mine forever to get 2.0 figures).

Ahahahaha!  Those sneaky buggers....

Specifically the 3.0 figures.  So the figures I bought for 2.0 to complete that set the other week don't count.  Which is a shame.

And per my count, I have 9 items preordered through Best Buy.  That means I should be getting 2 figures free.  That's not too shabby.

I also need to pick up the 2 power disk packs.  But that's going to be a separate purchase I think.

My Target (Sabine) has shipped.  Same for Walmart (Kanan).

Amazon doesn't show as shipped yet (Inside Out).

Not too shabby.

Check your bestbuy preorders. Mine is now showing they are charging me shipping on EVERY item. I am a elite plus so I get free shipping on everything. I need to call them anyways to have them apply the sale that starts Sunday. Anyone else showing shipping charges on their order now?

That best buy deal seems ok. I just don't know if I want to splurge and get other stuff or just stick with the starter pack for now.
I think the Target sale is better by a little. They have the exclusive figure I want at launch. Mulan is great, but I probably won't be using the Toy Box all that often at first.

Not sure if someone posted it but, the TRU deal isn't that great. Buy a starter pack and get 40% off 3 figures. 2 for $24.

I'm having a hard time deciding why I should get the Saga edition from Best Buy.  Pricing wise, you're basically paying a bit more to get the figures and Star Wars set a month early, yes?  

Based on what I saw it would make more sense to buy the regular Starter Pack and get the other Star Wars Pack and Boba Fett a month later, at least as far as dollars were concerned. 

Maybe I'm just not seeing what else the Saga edition offers over the others.  

I'm having a hard time deciding why I should get the Saga edition from Best Buy. Pricing wise, you're basically paying a bit more to get the figures and Star Wars set a month early, yes?

Based on what I saw it would make more sense to buy the regular Starter Pack and get the other Star Wars Pack and Boba Fett a month later, at least as far as dollars were concerned.

Pricing-wise it ends up being pretty much the same. Though in the future I am sure there will be different promos that you can get them for a slightly better price then overall. You are basically paying standard retail to have them early. Also if you have GCU PLUS a Movers Coupon it ends up being a pretty solid deal since it is on a single item and since they are all bundled together in a single item it is more off.

I'm having a hard time deciding why I should get the Saga edition from Best Buy. Pricing wise, you're basically paying a bit more to get the figures and Star Wars set a month early, yes?

You would actually get Boba Fett 4-5 months early as they aren't releasing him as a single figure until January. You are correct though, you are basically paying a bit more to get a Playset and an extra figure early.

I one wants to sell the Fett figure you could probably recoup most of the extra cost of the Saga Edition, maybe. I have been debating this for some time now and still haven't really decided.

Thanks, all.  That's pretty much what I was thinking.  

I feel like I can wait for the exclusivity to end and get the figures at a much better price point eventually.  I think that with GCU, the $10 pre-order bonus cert, and the Toy Box Challenge, it really seems like the right time to buy the game is at launch.  

I'm sure I'll be wrong about that at some point, but I can at least tell myself that before I go ahead with the pre-order.  heh.  

bread's done
Back