Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to scare people but I foresee many problems coming from the Toybox preorder for anyone who is doing store pickup at Best Buy. My store has currently 14 preorders for the game and only 8 for the Toybox. We got in 12 of the Toybox but it is a different SKU from the preorder Toybox which is listed at $10 more. Every store in my district including the distribution center has 0 of the preorder SKU which is why it says backordered for everyone. They will probably end up having to sub one SKU for the other but obviously some store will not have enough.
Well I'll be making sure I get something of equal value as compensation if my store doesn't have one set aside for me.

Last time I didn't get my preorder bonus at GS I contacted customer service and they sent me one. I may resort to that if it happens. 

With the stipulation being "while supplies last" good luck with that.
I preordered this 3.0 set with the Toybox bonus on May 24th so I have a hard time believing that 3+ months lead time isn't enough of a heads up to set aside this bonus for those in my position. Besides, Best Buy has always taken care of issues like this with a gift card for the value of the missing item, if not more.

Except that doesn't work with an online pre order that added it to my order already. So no it's not while supplies last for me.
I'm pretty sure they're not going to care, and I think it said while supplies last on the website as well. I'm sure they oversold on the Toybox pack online as they added it to every order, I'm already planning on it being cancelled. They didn't prepare for this.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to care, and I think it said while supplies last on the website as well. I'm sure they oversold on the Toybox pack online as they added it to every order, I'm already planning on it being cancelled. They didn't prepare for this.
I checked my order and nowhere does it say while supplies last. It is its own separate item with its own sku attached to my order. So if the store doesn't care the customer service number definitely will or the forums will care. Especially if this is a widespread issue.

I decided to stop by TRU to see what they had Amiibo-wise and they had the Infinity 1.0 Starter set for PS3 for $14.99. I doubt I'd play 1.0 at this point but it was nice to get the figures for that price. They also had the 3pack of Mike/Barbossa/Mrs. Incredible for $7.75. I picked that up as well but unfortunately I already have Barbossa because I got him from Best Buy for $2 at Best Buy a few weeks ago. Oh well, still worth it.

Also my pre-order Toy Box does not say "Backordered". Both say Pre-ordered for in-store pick up. Forgive me if I missed some posts but is this only happening for certain people?

I decided to stop by TRU to see what they had Amiibo-wise and they had the Infinity 1.0 Starter set for PS3 for $14.99. I doubt I'd play 1.0 at this point but it was nice to get the figures for that price. They also had the 3pack of Mike/Barbossa/Mrs. Incredible for $7.75. I picked that up as well but unfortunately I already have Barbossa because I got him from Best Buy for $2 at Best Buy a few weeks ago. Oh well, still worth it.

Also my pre-order Toy Box does not say "Backordered". Both say Pre-ordered for in-store pick up. Forgive me if I missed some posts but is this only happening for certain people?
I remember reading in the $10 rewards thread that a lot of peoples pre-orders that are shipping are showing backordered. When people call BBY to see what is up, BBY tells them it is fine on their end and is a known issue with the website. Perhaps it is also impacting takeover discs that are shipping.

My in store pickup order is fine, just like yours, so the bug/glitch/error may only be appearing for shipping pre-orders. My cousin is having the same backordered notice for his Age of Ultron steelbook he preordered.

So Best Buy will only have 2 single packaged Star Wars guys at launch on Sunday?
Yup, Yoda and Obi-Wan. All Rebels are timed exclusive to either Gamestop, TRU, Target or Walmart. The rest of the Star Wars line excluding Force Awakens figures are set for end of Sept/early Nov release.

I can't get this to work at all on Best Buy's website. I add the starter pack, it adds the Toy Box Takeover bonus, and then when trying to check out it gives me errors every time and won't let me place the order. So frustrating.

Edit: OK, it's doing it for everything I add to cart now. I can't make an order for anything. Any ideas?

I can't get this to work at all on Best Buy's website. I add the starter pack, it adds the Toy Box Takeover bonus, and then when trying to check out it gives me errors every time and won't let me place the order. So frustrating.

Edit: OK, it's doing it for everything I add to cart now. I can't make an order for anything. Any ideas?
It did this to me last night as well. Took about 5 retry's before the order finally went through.

Is it too late to preorder in store at BestBuy, if so, would I still get the Toybox takeover? Anyone know?
You'd have to check with the stores, YMMV at this point, but sounds like BB seriously underordered. John V responded to me on Twitter after asking about it. They say they still have them, so hopefully BB will order more to fulfil their online orders.

I'm hoping she's in one of the unannounced kits. But there's also another 2 Marvels to be announced so. (shrug) I don't know anymore. Not like it'll be a secret much longer.
So, in addition to the three Star Wars, Marvel, and Inside/Out, we also have several more coming? How much space is on that disc?

So, in addition to the three Star Wars, Marvel, and Inside/Out, we also have several more coming? How much space is on that disc?
Well DI had 29 characters, DI 2.0 had 32 and now so far DI 3.0 already has 34 fully announced characters. I recall them mentioning the two more Marvel characters (who will likely come with the playset) and then I would imagine there to be more than just two characters from the Force Awakens so maybe two more there as well which would bring the roster for 3.0 to 38. I cannot imagine them going higher than that really but who knows!

I dunno... I can tell you that last they said there are 4 characters out there that are unannounced. 2 of which are confirmed Marvel. I'm hoping that means a set (either Ant-man or whatnot) which would make sense with the new Hulkbuster and Ultron. Maybe a AoU with Quicksilver and Scarlet? Whoever got the disc today should be able to be on it and tell you what's in the hall of heroes... I'm pretty sure that's how I discovered Falcon.

I would imagine there to be more than just two characters from the Force Awakens so maybe two more there as well which would bring the roster for 3.0 to 38. I cannot imagine them going higher than that really but who knows!

Who else you think? Maybe Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma?

I dunno... I can tell you that last they said there are 4 characters out there that are unannounced. 2 of which are confirmed Marvel. I'm hoping that means a set (either Ant-man or whatnot) which would make sense with the new Hulkbuster and Ultron. Maybe a AoU with Quicksilver and Scarlet? Whoever got the disc today should be able to be on it and tell you what's in the hall of heroes... I'm pretty sure that's how I discovered Falcon.

Who else you think? Maybe Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma?
I can definitely see QS and Scarlet to fit with AoU and also because I cannot think who else they would put in there with presumably Ant-Man.

In terms of the Star Wars characters I think those two would be the front-runners but who knows, maybe there are other super bad-ass characters that we haven't even had teased yet for the movie! : D Doubtful but hey who knows. I am still crossing my fingers somehow we will get a smooth ass Lando!

I can definitely see QS and Scarlet to fit with AoU and also because I cannot think who else they would put in there with presumably Ant-Man.

In terms of the Star Wars characters I think those two would be the front-runners but who knows, maybe there are other super bad-ass characters that we haven't even had teased yet for the movie! : D Doubtful but hey who knows. I am still crossing my fingers somehow we will get a smooth ass Lando!
For Marvel, my money is on Ant-Man (pretty much confirmed), Scarlet Witch, Vision & possible Quicksilver.

For the Force Awakens, besides Finn & Rey we'll definitely get Poe Dameron & Kylo Ren, probably Captain Phasma too.

Well DI had 29 characters, DI 2.0 had 32 and now so far DI 3.0 already has 34 fully announced characters. I recall them mentioning the two more Marvel characters (who will likely come with the playset) and then I would imagine there to be more than just two characters from the Force Awakens so maybe two more there as well which would bring the roster for 3.0 to 38. I cannot imagine them going higher than that really but who knows!
The developers already said after 3.0, we will have over 100 characters total. So 3.0 will have a minimum of 40 figures, just to get it over 100.

There is one Star Wars character that they have to make. He commands the fleet, and always knows when it is a trap...
Ackbar and Lando.

I will buy 10 of those packs.

The developers already said after 3.0, we will have over 100 characters total. So 3.0 will have a minimum of 40 figures, just to get it over 100.
Did they mean unique figures though? I don't recall seeing the specific verbiage the devs said but I just figured they were counting the crystal variants but maybe not.

I think I am just in denial as I think of all the money 3.0 is going to cost me : p

Lando really does seem like a must. Especially since he was in Rebels, and I would imagine will be again. 

But here we are speculating when people here in this very thread have the answers in their Hall of Heroes.  Maybe

Ackbar and Lando.

I will buy 10 of those packs.

Did they mean unique figures though? I don't recall seeing the specific verbiage the devs said but I just figured they were counting the crystal variants but maybe not.

I think I am just in denial as I think of all the money 3.0 is going to cost me : p
It was specifically said that the crystal variants did not count towards that 100.

Lando really does seem like a must. Especially since he was in Rebels, and I would imagine will be again.
But here we are speculating when people here in this very thread have the answers in their Hall of Heroes. Maybe
According to JV, the game will be updated with new content, nothing that isn't already announced will be in the HoH.

For Marvel, my money is on Ant-Man (pretty much confirmed), Scarlet Witch, Vision & possible Quicksilver.

For the Force Awakens, besides Finn & Rey we'll definitely get Poe Dameron & Kylo Ren, probably Captain Phasma too.
I don't think they can do Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver as those are Fox properties (mutants) and not Marvel/Disney.

I don't think they can do Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver as those are Fox properties (mutants) and not Marvel/Disney.
Both Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch were in Avengers: Age of Ultron. And besides, those are movie rights only, Marvel/Disney own all TV & video game rights to all of their properties, including X-Men.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

So I was supposed to add the toybox takeover to my cart manually when preordering? Did not know this and am disappoint. Hopefully a phone call won't be a waste of time.

How did you guys figure you were supposed to add it separately? When looking at the listing it just states that it's included for free and even has it pictured with the set... no mention of any hoops you need to jump through to make sure you get the bonus.  No mention on the hub or the listing of "while supplies last" so I would think everyone who preordered would have a case regardless of whether or not you actually put it in your order.

So I was supposed to add the toybox takeover to my cart manually when preordering? Did not know this and am disappoint. Hopefully a phone call won't be a waste of time.
When you ordered, the Toybox Takeover should have been added automatically. Whatever glitch or mistake is causing all existing preorders to be backordered is probably also causing the Takeover disc to not be added to new orders.

How did you guys figure you were supposed to add it separately? When looking at the listing it just states that it's included for free and even has it pictured with the set... no mention of any hoops you need to jump through to make sure you get the bonus. No mention on the hub or the listing of "while supplies last" so I would think everyone who preordered would have a case regardless of whether or not you actually put it in your order.
Same thing almost happened to me. It should have added to your cart automatically along with the starter pack. However for part of yesterday it was not doing so. Luckily I checked again later and it was working again so I got an order in.

You're right though it is advertised to come with pre orders, so when you don't get it I'd call and let them know about it. It's $20 if you want it separately which is a no go.

If you're paranoid what you could do is re order it (assuming it works now) and return your other order. The issue with that would be your $10 cert. So personally I'd probably just call and let them know you should have gotten it with your order but didn't.

So has anyone in this thread actually played it yet? I love Star Wars but I'm afraid to go down another Disney rabbit hole. I fell deep on 1.0. Climbed out for 2.0 but 3.0.....it's gonna be tough

I checked eShop this morning and the digital price is $19.99. I might pick it up and add the playsets later. For the first game, I got all the playsets at least half off.

bread's done
Back