Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really torn on what to do and I am down to the last minute to make up my mind. Want to get this for me and my son to play on the WiiU and we already have both previous games on the same platform. Was planning on just getting the game as a digital download for $20 and just messing around in the toybox with our 1.0 and 2.0 figures till a really good sale happens on the playsets. Right now I am only interested in the Star Wars stuff not the Inside Out items.

I can either go digital for $20 at launch on the WiiU the good thing about this I already have like $9 in my E-Shop account that I doubt I will ever use on anything else.

Or I can go with the Starter Pack via Best Buy for $52 after my GCU discount which would include the playset with two figures the ToyBox Takeover pre-order bonus plus a $10 bonus certificate for pre-ordering.

Or the outside third option would be to wait out a possible "Black Friday" sale at either TRU or Best Buy. In the past TRU has had the starter packs at half off as doorbusters the first few hours of  their Black Friday sale. If Best Buy would have the starter packs at half off by chance that would make the whole thing under $20 after the GCU discount.

Any Advice?

Thanks

Well, if it helps,
I preordered at Best Buy because of Gamers Club, the extra $10 cert, and the Toy Box Takeover.
Rather have it now and enjoy it, and not mess with Black Friday to save a couple bucks. Besides, with the $10 cert, and the expansion, its probably as good as any sale their having in Nov.

For some reason my order of both the starter set and Toy Box Takeover are ready for pickup. I would race to BBY to get them but since I also want to go to Target and BBY tomorrow to get figures I will just wait until then.

For some reason my order of both the starter set and Toy Box Takeover are ready for pickup. I would race to BBY to get them but since I also want to go to Target and BBY tomorrow to get figures I will just wait until then.
Best Buy in-store pickup items are usually ready the day before release, but they won't actually allow you to take them until release day.

For anyone that pre-ordered in store at Best Buy, does it state anywhere on the receipt about the Toybox Takeover being included? I went in yesterday and ended up pre-ordering the base edition and nowhere on the receipt does it state it being included. I tried to ask the guy at CS about it and he did not know anything about it. 

Wanted the Saga edition for in store pickup, but they only had 2 listed as being available and I was told they could not pre-order either of those for local pickup.

My Toybox Takeover has graduated from "backordered" to "preparing for shipment!" My Starter Pack has been scanned in at the local UPS depot, but arrival isn't expected until Monday. :whistle2:

For anyone that pre-ordered in store at Best Buy, does it state anywhere on the receipt about the Toybox Takeover being included? I went in yesterday and ended up pre-ordering the base edition and nowhere on the receipt does it state it being included. I tried to ask the guy at CS about it and he did not know anything about it.

Wanted the Saga edition for in store pickup, but they only had 2 listed as being available and I was told they could not pre-order either of those for local pickup.
I preordered Saga yesterday in-store as well, and it's not mentioned on the reciept at all. Here's hopin'.

I'm really torn on what to do and I am down to the last minute to make up my mind. Want to get this for me and my son to play on the WiiU and we already have both previous games on the same platform. Was planning on just getting the game as a digital download for $20 and just messing around in the toybox with our 1.0 and 2.0 figures till a really good sale happens on the playsets. Right now I am only interested in the Star Wars stuff not the Inside Out items.

I can either go digital for $20 at launch on the WiiU the good thing about this I already have like $9 in my E-Shop account that I doubt I will ever use on anything else.

Or I can go with the Starter Pack via Best Buy for $52 after my GCU discount which would include the playset with two figures the ToyBox Takeover pre-order bonus plus a $10 bonus certificate for pre-ordering.

Or the outside third option would be to wait out a possible "Black Friday" sale at either TRU or Best Buy. In the past TRU has had the starter packs at half off as doorbusters the first few hours of their Black Friday sale. If Best Buy would have the starter packs at half off by chance that would make the whole thing under $20 after the GCU discount.

Any Advice?

Thanks
I would just get it right now since you have GCU and it includes a $10 certs, Takeover Box (value at $20), and you get 2x bonus point for purchasing games at BB. Pretty much like spending $22 for the starter packs once you subtract all the stuff you get.

Or the outside third option would be to wait out a possible "Black Friday" sale at either TRU or Best Buy. In the past TRU has had the starter packs at half off as doorbusters the first few hours of their Black Friday sale. If Best Buy would have the starter packs at half off by chance that would make the whole thing under $20 after the GCU discount.

Any Advice?

Thanks
I think you should just pick it up now since you get the Takeover bonus and a $10 cert...Black Friday deal wont be much better than that and you get access to it for 3 months early.

Best Buy is having in-store demos today at select stores.
Does anyone have more details about this? I called the store in my area that is putting a demo on, but they had zero information. Said it was being set up by a 3rd party, not the store themselves. I was hoping they'd offer some free giveaway stuff, like posters or stickers or something, in which case I'd probably take my kids to it.

Well, if it helps,
I preordered at Best Buy because of Gamers Club, the extra $10 cert, and the Toy Box Takeover.
Rather have it now and enjoy it, and not mess with Black Friday to save a couple bucks. Besides, with the $10 cert, and the expansion, its probably as good as any sale their having in Nov.

I would just get it right now since you have GCU and it includes a $10 certs, Takeover Box (value at $20), and you get 2x bonus point for purchasing games at BB. Pretty much like spending $22 for the starter packs once you subtract all the stuff you get.

I think you should just pick it up now since you get the Takeover bonus and a $10 cert...Black Friday deal wont be much better than that and you get access to it for 3 months early.
Thanks for the quick advice guys I went ahead and just pre-ordered the starter pack.

Just got several emails from Best Buy saying that all of the stuff I pre-ordered (Starter Pack, Toy Box Takeover, Inside Out Playset and 8 separate figures) are ready to be picked up tomorrow.

I was getting a little worried that they wouldn't have the Toy Box Takeover since a lot of people have had theirs show up as backordered, but it appears that they will have it.

Anyways, can't wait for tomorrow! :D

So online orders do NOT include the toy box thing anymore on Best Buys website? I see it say you get it free on the splash page but it doesn't add to cart. 

So online orders do NOT include the toy box thing anymore on Best Buys website? I see it say you get it free on the splash page but it doesn't add to cart.
I think people said it's been flip-flopping all day.

Just tried on mobile, worked fine, try going through checkout, it showed up for me there.

Toy Box Takeover didn't show up on my BB order when I preordered a few weeks ago. Now I'm worried.
I just called BB and he got a supervisor for me and supervisor said that even though it doesn't show up in your order status that i will get it.

I'm guessing that they just automatically put it in all orders before Sunday?

I hope the supervisor is right otherwise I bet quite few people be calling again.

This first time though I never seen the pre-order bonus not show up in your order status though. So obviously I'm still not trusting BB 100% on this even though I did get a supervisor.

Alright, thanks guys got it to show up, now I have to debate if I want this day one or not, not much time left to think D:
I actually told myself I was going to wait until Black Friday sales since I'm not in a rush, but I had $45 in reward certificates to blow before end of month, plus GCU+bonus $10 reward+Takeover pushed it into day 1 purchase.

I actually told myself I was going to wait until Black Friday sales since I'm not in a rush, but I had $45 in reward certificates to blow before end of month, plus GCU+bonus $10 reward+Takeover pushed it into day 1 purchase.
Nice, no certificates here but the $10 + Takeover are tempting me, I wanna save up for the massive amount of games hitting the next few months, and know if I bite I'll end up buying more figures as well, hmmmm.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what happens if I buy four figures tomorrow at Best Buy to get the B3G1 free deal and than return two of them? Will they just prorate the refund or since it might be a "bundle deal" the two i keep will end up being regular price?

So four figures after GCU and B3G1 Free would be $33.60 plus tax, or $8.40 each. So if I return two will I get a refund of $16.80 to keep each figure at $8.40 or only a refund of $11.20 because my price for two figures with GCU would normally be $22.40.

I am new to gcu and preordering games at bb. How long does it usually take for the $10 reward cert for preordering take to show up?

In the Target ad there's a $10 off $50 or more of Star Wars purchase or $25 off $100 or more. It only specifically excludes Lego and clearance items. I wonder if either coupon would work on DI 3.0 since it does say "Star Wars" on it. You could at least make the argument with customer service if you were so inclined. The downside is the coupon doesn't work until 9/4 so you'd have to wait a few days to use it. You can also get the coupon on your phone if you don't have the ad if you text FORCE10 or FORCE25 to TARGET (827438)

Also 2 for $20 on figures. I'll probably pick up Sabine and either Obi Wan or Yoda and then get the other one at Best Buy unless Walmart has some kind of deal. No mention at all in the Walmart ad.

Only figure at target that I want is Sabine. So I'll get her with another figure and since target pro rates bundles I can return the other figure and keep Sabine for $10

Only figure at target that I want is Sabine. So I'll get her with another figure and since target pro rates bundles I can return the other figure and keep Sabine for $10
I wish i knew what Best Buy does on things like this like i asked a few posts ago since i only want Obi-Wan and Yoda for now.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what happens if I buy four figures tomorrow at Best Buy to get the B3G1 free deal and than return two of them? Will they just prorate the refund or since it might be a "bundle deal" the two i keep will end up being regular price?

So four figures after GCU and B3G1 Free would be $33.60 plus tax, or $8.40 each. So if I return two will I get a refund of $16.80 to keep each figure at $8.40 or only a refund of $11.20 because my price for two figures with GCU would normally be $22.40.
Unless someone at Best Buy corporate makes a mistake, you're certainly not going to get the full price back on the two you returned.

Unless someone at Best Buy corporate makes a mistake, you're certainly not going to get the full price back on the two you returned.

I'm not asking that at all I am wondering if the refund gets pro-rated or if I return two of the four figures it cancel the deal alltogether. I know Target pro-rate refunds and takes into account the price of each item. For example whe target does their B2G1 free video game sale if you buy three $60 games your total is $120 and each game returns for $40.

I'm not asking that at all I am wondering if the refund gets pro-rated or if I return two of the four figures it cancel the deal alltogether. I know Target pro-rate refunds and takes into account the price of each item. For example whe target does their B2G1 free video game sale if you buy three $60 games your total is $120 and each game returns for $40.
Unfortunately best buy doesn't pro rate its an all or nothing thing with them. If you return part of a bundle they adjust the values as needed to charge you extra for the other pieces.

My Kanan from walmart arrived today.  Sweet little figure!  I like him much more than I expected!

Then my son dropped him and his lightsaber broke.  :wall:   Uh, guess I can get the lightFX version then!  :D/

Oh man, that figure is sweet. My wife really wants Sadness, so might try to get those 2 tomorrow. Not in much of a hurry to get any other figures, so might wait for better sales, plus no point in getting figures with lightsabers if the fx ones are coming out.

And I've heard multiple people talking about how fragile the lightsabers are.

My Kanan from walmart arrived today. Sweet little figure! I like him much more than I expected!

Then my son dropped him and his lightsaber broke. :wall: Uh, guess I can get the lightFX version then! :D/
Nice about Kanan but bad about the lightsaber. I am waiting for the lightFX version too. Wasn't really interested in this game before because I am not really a big fan of Star Wars but the new Disney Star Wars movie trailer has been changing my mind about the franchise, it looks so good.

That sucks so bad. I'll have to keep an eye on it since this is mostly for the kid and my own personal chotskies. Walmart says mine isn't due until Friday :(
Yeah, I think the lightsabers are going to be easy to break. So be careful. I might end up getting duplicates for the few figures that I want for me/for display. And, I love my children, but ain't nobody touching Boba Fett until they can get their own in January!!!

Apparently Amazon is emailing people to add the toy box takeover disc separately and the zeroing out the cost at checkout.I never got the email but I used the link on reddit to find it and sure enough it was free. Still a little miffed they didn't email me as it won't arrive til Wednesday now.

Apparently Amazon is emailing people to add the toy box takeover disc separately and the zeroing out the cost at checkout.I never got the email but I used the link on reddit to find it and sure enough it was free. Still a little miffed they didn't email me as it won't arrive til Wednesday now.
I actually can't find toy box takerover anywhere on the site, anyone got a link?

I preordered this in mid July from bestbuy.com and my order doesn't show a separate item for the free bonus. I guess I was supposed to add it to cart separately? I thought it was just going to be bundled with it.

I just placed a second order and it auto added it to my cart. I was able to change to in store pick up at a different store than the original order after I placed it too. I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.

bread's done
Back