Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the decision to get the starter pack for precisely this reason. It was going to cost just as much to get the game and playset and I didn't want to pay for the Toybox Takeover. If you want to stay current with everything going on with DI keep you eyes on infinity inquirer.

I made the decision to get the starter pack for precisely this reason. It was going to cost just as much to get the game and playset and I didn't want to pay for the Toybox Takeover. If you want to stay current with everything going on with DI keep you eyes on infinity inquirer.
Thanks. I'll try to see if my BBY will let me get it even though I didn't preorder in time. I'll forego the cert because that's unlikely. I figure the expansion is being treated as a giveaway item anyway.

So followup to my earlier post (Quoted above for convenience):

Getting my game/figures was an ordeal, but silver lining, it seems I cheesed a free figure out of it, allow me to explain:

So as per my first post, I waited 20 minutes fuming for them to do inventory on their preorders. Upon finishing, they finally told me (surprise surprise) it WASN'T all preorders, and I could buy some of it now...

I had already preordered the starter bundle for XOne, so I picked out 7 figures to get the B3G1 deal twice. Of course, since the game was already bought in an online transaction, one of the figures doesn't ring up free... so the lady says she'd have to refund the original online purchase, and re-ring it. I say that's fine. (I already know this is going to screw up my $10 rewards credit, but I'll just call or e-mail 1-800-Best Buy and they'll fix it. It's happened before. They're usually real good about it, as long a your account history shows you did indeed preorder one, and did indeed buy one. Which it does, since I did.)

So she re-rings it, I end up paying for the game and 5 figures, 2 figures ring up free, all seems right with the world.

I get to my car and realize she didn't apply my rewards account... she did ask me if I was a member, and I did say yes, but it took so long to ring up that by the end we both apparently forgot. So not only will I not get points, but I didn't get my GCU discount taken off the top *Facepalm* ... this cannot stand. (I probably should have noticed the higher price, but I'd been waiting for like a half hour at that point, and frankly I was so eager to get out of there, it just blew right over my head until I looked at the receipt.)

SO I went back in... told her we'd forgotten to apply it. So she does a return/rebuy... their system is lagging this morning, so the return takes about another 20 minutes to process. But FINALLY goes through, after a long wait... then she re-rings the transaction (for the third time if you're keeping score)... and here's the fun part.

The Game & 7 figures got returned, the ones I paid for got refunded, the 2 free stayed at $0. The rebuy then processes, the 2 free figures again, stayed $0, but HERE'S THE KICKER... the 6 other items (Game + 5 figures) processed as a new transaction, so the B3G1 deal was RE-Applied to them... IE. The 2 original free figures stayed $0, and now an additional 3rd figure also rang up $0, because it read as a new transaction and applied the b3g1 deal one more time. So instead of paying for the game & 5 figures, and getting 2 free, I essentially paid for the game & 4 figures, and got 3 free.

She didn't catch it after the many hurdles in our proceedings... and I was not about to point it out after the morning I'd had.

SO... all told it took me an hour and a half to get my game/figures... but hey... I got an unexpected freebie out of it. So... it sort of worked out.

(Though as said, I already know I'm going to have to call 1-800-Best Buy later to get that damn $10 rewards credit back)

I then went to Target on the other hand, and they had their 3.0 merch stocked and ready to buy. I bought Sabine and Disgust, and as many have reported, Disgust didn't ring up for their 2 for $20 (seems Disgust and Sadness aren't flagged for the deal in their system, for whatever reason) the cashier however said to me, "These are supposed to be 2 for $20 right?" I said, "Yep" She clickity clacked a few keys on the register, voila, 5 seconds later, they're $10 a piece.

So way to be a hell of a lot more on the ball than Best Buy today Target. *High Five*
This almost happened to me with my figure purchase as well. Except my store caught their mistake before totaling it out. Hopefully they'll honor your preorder for the cert promo

Putting together what I've read from other people as well as my own experiences today, stores just seemed to be very unprepared for a major release on a Sunday.

I stopped by my Best Buy first where I had the regular PS4 Starter Pack, Inside Out Playset and 8 individual figures pre-ordered. Took about 20 minutes to get everything sorted out. Not really a big deal since it was just after it opened, but one of the figures I pre-ordered, Obi Wan Kenobi, was sold out and they told me I had to come back and pick it up another day even though I got a ready for pickup email. They were very apologetic about it and seemed truly sorry, so it wouldn't be a big deal, but I don't have a car and it takes me about 40 minutes to walk there.

Anyways, after that, I went into GameStop and they had absolutely no 3.0 items out, but the kid in front of me was there to buy some 3.0 stuff as well, so they went and happily got all of their 3.0 stock out. They had the figure I pre-ordered, Zeb, as well as another one I was picking up with $15 in reward certificates, Sam Flynn, and I was able to get both without a problem. They somehow forgot to charge me tax on the Sam Flynn figure and I asked "Are you sure I don't owe you anything?" and the employee said yes, so I'll take the minor victory. I live in Calfornia where I have to pay tax no matter what payment method I'm using, so it was a little strange, lol.

Lastly, the Fear figure I pre-ordered from Amazon will be here tomorrow. It's just 1 figure, so I'm okay with it being a day late.

All in all, like I said earlier, stores seemed woefully unprepared for a major release on a Sunday. The employees did the best they seemingly could though, so I can't really blame them. Also, the game is freakin' amazing, so still a pretty great day overall. :D

Took them 30 mins today at Best Buy to Find the Take Over Pre-order Box.....but at least I got it

I looked at the figures they had and might have given in but they only had yoda and Obi-wan that were Star Wars figures so I'll wait for the much better deals on Black friday and be able to get Maul and Vader (I know they're holding back now to see if you'll cave on the figures you dont want as bad now) but still this Wave of figures seems very weak in comparsion to the last two games

Took them 30 mins today at Best Buy to Find the Take Over Pre-order Box.....but at least I got it

I looked at the figures they had and might have given in but they only had yoda and Obi-wan that were Star Wars figures so I'll wait for the much better deals on Black friday and be able to get Maul and Vader (I know they're holding back now to see if you'll cave on the figures you dont want as bad now) but still this Wave of figures seems very weak in comparison to the last two games

Ok so I went yesterday to pick up my pre order and guess what no toy box take over they didn't have it so I told the lady nope not buying till you guys get the toybox take over. wTF best buy!!!!!!

So I haven't been following this, will there be an Original Trilogy pack at some point as well, or just the combined prequel/OT set? I'd... Really rather not pay for prequel stuff if I can avoid it. I'll be waiting until BF to buy anything anyway, so I'm just asking.

Also got mine yesterday at BB. Was a bit of a mess not a single Saga bundle to be found. Took the guy done time to did it out of the front warehouse. After we were all said and done I asked about the Toy Box Takeover. He was unaware of it and we found no mention of it on BB site. I finally found a picture on their Twitter page and off he went to the warehouse for a second time. He found it and zeroed it out. Got everything in the end just took some work.

Joy is only found in that bundle pack right? I checked out the bundle pack and it didnt look cute enough for me LOL. So will just go ahead and order the ones in my shopping cart cant wait to get this thing played with it looks so cool in those youtube videos
That's right, Joy and Anger can only be purchased in the playset.

So I haven't been following this, will there be an Original Trilogy pack at some point as well, or just the combined prequel/OT set? I'd... Really rather not pay for prequel stuff if I can avoid it. I'll be waiting until BF to buy anything anyway, so I'm just asking.
Yes the OT set is coming at the end of September, however it's just the playset and figures. It does not come with the base or the game. One thing you should note is that unlike past games, every Star Wars character works in any of the Star Wars playsets so you could always use the OT characters to play through the PT playset.

Yes the OT set is coming at the end of September, however it's just the playset and figures. It does not come with the base or the game. One thing you should note is that unlike past games, every Star Wars character works in any of the Star Wars playsets so you could always use the OT characters to play through the PT playset.
Oh, well that's cool, at least. Still baffling why you couldn't do that with the Marvel stuff.

But then... Okay, I still need to get the PT stuff anyway because that's in every starter pack, right? Some people mentioned a digimal upgraydd, but I can't find that on the PSN store anywhere, and if it's like 30 bux I might as well dump in a bit more (or less after GCU, assuming BF sales will be 50% off) and get the dumbass orange girl too.

I think the digital version is going to be released on PSN today/tomorrow. Regular price is $30 but it's supposed to be 'on sale' for $20 to start. There's also a disc only release planned for Europe. I still haven't decided between the download or importing the disc, but I'm only planning to buy the Rise of the Empire playset pack in September and just buy the Clone Wars playset piece used. Don't need the Clone Wars characters since you can use Luke/Leia in both playsets.

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/08/27/disney-infinity-3-0-digital-edition-for-wii-u-playstation-will-be-priced-at-19-99-for-limited-time/

January 21st.
If you're going to cite... cite source.

The ONLY thing I can find is a cryptic tweet from John Vignocchi stating January (and he's been wrong before). Because as of right now there is NOTHING official out there.

every Star Wars character works in any of the Star Wars playsets so you could always use the OT characters to play through the PT playset.
I've read that this isn't necessarily completely true. You have to find the characters medal (single this time) in order to play them in the scenario.

If you're going to cite... cite source.

The ONLY thing I can find is a cryptic tweet from John Vignocchi stating January (and he's been wrong before). Because as of right now there is NOTHING official out there.

I've read that this isn't necessarily completely true. You have to find the characters medal (single this time) in order to play them in the scenario.
Hmm. It was shitty that you couldn't mix the Marvel characters between playsets in 2.0 except for a few certain ones and then you had to start researching which ones could cross over and which didn't. For example, it would have made the most sense in the World for Nick Fury to be playable in Avengers but for who knows why he was only playable in Spider-Man...then you had to find those coins when you finally did find one that could cross. I hope it's easier this time.

Ok I am really regretting not pre ordering the ps4 saga super duper edition from BB. I want to start playing Disney infinity. If I buy the star wars set, can I use any of the Marvel 2.0 characters with them in any way? Reason I ask is I would like to also buy the Collectors edition marvel set from last year since its very cheap now.

Ok I am really regretting not pre ordering the ps4 saga super duper edition from BB. I want to start playing Disney infinity. If I buy the star wars set, can I use any of the Marvel 2.0 characters with them in any way? Reason I ask is I would like to also buy the Collectors edition marvel set from last year since its very cheap now.
Just toy box modes, like that totbox takeover thing or community levels, until a new Marvel playset is released.

Just toy box modes, like that totbox takeover thing or community levels, until a new Marvel playset is released.
I am really pissed. I really like Star Wars and second guessed myself in ordering it. My wife says just order it now. The CAG in me won't allow it because the $10 cert is gone along with the pre order toy box.

Picked up my Saga bundle, Inside Out Playset, Yoda, and Disgust yesterday. I only had an issue with the Toy Box Takeover not ringing up for free, so they adjusted it. The manager was actually already aware of the issue beforehand. Overall not a bad experience. My two sons were having a good time playing both Star Wars and Inside Out. I actually enjoyed what little bit Of Inside Out that I played with my youngest son. Kinda had a Little Big Planet vibe to it.

I am really pissed. I really like Star Wars and second guessed myself in ordering it. My wife says just order it now. The CAG in me won't allow it because the $10 cert is gone along with the pre order toy box.
Yeah, in retrospect I'm kinda regretting not pre ordering the saga bundle also. I kept telling myself that my daughter's birthday is not until October 27th so there's no need to speing on it now because it will go on sale later (and I'm sure it will) but I feel like I want to play the original trilogy game now and I easily could have separated the Clone Wars playset and given it to her later down the road. But now that the bonuses are gone, like you I'm too much of a CAG to want to pay for it outright.

https://twitter.com/AskTarget/status/638346397054574593

Target's response to some figures not applying 2/20 on website. Not making much sense considering the ad clearly shows Sadness and states ALL. At least they'll look into it.

Yeah, in retrospect I'm kinda regretting not pre ordering the saga bundle also. I kept telling myself that my daughter's birthday is not until October 27th so there's no need to speing on it now because it will go on sale later (and I'm sure it will) but I feel like I want to play the original trilogy game now and I easily could have separated the Clone Wars playset and given it to her later down the road. But now that the bonuses are gone, like you I'm too much of a CAG to want to pay for it outright.
I have about 1800 BB points and another 1000 pending from Metal gear and Madden. I think I may just get it when all of those hit to take the sting off. I just feel in my heart that when I pass up a good deal like the Saga pre order bonus/deal, terrorism wins. This is what radical terrorist really want.

I have about 1800 BB points and another 1000 pending from Metal gear and Madden. I think I may just get it when all of those hit to take the sting off. I just feel in my heart that when I pass up a good deal like the Saga pre order bonus/deal, terrorism wins. This is what radical terrorist really want.
baby jesus wanted me to have Boba Fett, so mine is arriving today.

Any opinions on whether the 2.0 collector's edition is worth buying? The initial review on IGN was pretty poor on the game so I held off.

Also, One thing I don't like is there is no John Carter toy set. I am one of the 5 people who really loved that movie and I have a man crush on Taylor Kitsch. The movie had a good setting and characters that would have been fun to play with.

Any opinions on whether the 2.0 collector's edition is worth buying? The initial review on IGN was pretty poor on the game so I held off.
Unless you really want to use that base there is no reason to get it unless you can get it so cheap that it is better than just buying the figures on sale.

Since you didn't buy the bundle, you've aided the terrorists. Might as well say goodbye to all those points cause people like you get charged for treason.
banxu.gif
banxu.gif

My in-store pickup preorder is ready to go but I'll probably wait until Friday so I can stack up enough Perk points to get four figures for free via Best Buy's sale this week.

My in-store pickup preorder is ready to go but I'll probably wait until Friday so I can stack up enough Perk points to get four figures for free via Best Buy's sale this week.
I'd try getting it now to make sure ether have the Toy Box Takeover, I know most stores didn't get enough to cover preorders. Just got an email today that mine is delayed.

I played a bit last night and loved the SW nods. I was grinning ear to ear with the ewok village.
The Toy Hub is the best playset they have ever made by a large margin. I'm looking forward to that more than the Clone Wars playset and it's also probably the best single playset released so far, maybe competing with the POTC one.

Anyone have thoughts on the Inside Out one? Love the style but can't quite tell if it's rich experience or just 3 hours of 2.5d platforming. Hope to see a good BF deal unless someone says it's worth getting with just a GCU discount.

Hmm. It was shitty that you couldn't mix the Marvel characters between playsets in 2.0 except for a few certain ones and then you had to start researching which ones could cross over and which didn't. For example, it would have made the most sense in the World for Nick Fury to be playable in Avengers but for who knows why he was only playable in Spider-Man...then you had to find those coins when you finally did find one that could cross. I hope it's easier this time.
Just so you know, this time you just have to collect a single coin for each character to "cross over". I have found a couple and they havent really been hidden, in fact the Darth Maul coin in Twilight of the Republic was right in the main path.

I spent 10 hours in my Toy Hub... I went to the movie theater... downloaded something... it reset my ToyHub.

So it was awesome until that point.

I spent more time farming ridiculous vegetables (like a Pizza flower) last night than I'd like to admit.  Then I went looking at ALL the stuff the expansions (Takeover/Speedway) add to the games (which is a HUGE list).

Apparently, I'm not the only one... XBO and PS4 are reporting same issue.  360 is having other issues AFAIK.

Stopped by best buy and was going to grab 4 characters to get one free and then get the playset on sale by itself later. However, BB was pretty much picked clean. The original plan was to grab disgust and sadness for Inside Out, and Obi-Wan and Yoda for Star Wars. All the Disney stuff was in full effect but SW was scarce, not a Yoda or Obi-Wan to be found so I passed.

I spent 10 hours in my Toy Hub... I went to the movie theater... downloaded something... it reset my ToyHub.

So it was awesome until that point.

I spent more time farming ridiculous vegetables (like a Pizza flower) last night than I'd like to admit. Then I went looking at ALL the stuff the expansions (Takeover/Speedway) add to the games (which is a HUGE list).

Apparently, I'm not the only one... XBO and PS4 are reporting same issue. 360 is having other issues AFAIK.
I played Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters by riding an ESPN hockey puck through a shooting gallery as Boba Fett, Gathered food with Mickey as quick as I could so as to not miss Disneyland fireworks, and built a Splash Mountain race track. Pretty productive night haha

Remember when the DI dude slammed Nintendo for amiibo shortages and said that worth happen with DI?
It's more an issue at this point of retailers not ordering enough. I'm sure they're all thinking the interactive Toys market will bust at some point and with Dimensions and the new Skylanders on te horizion, I'm sure they aren't ordering as much. John V even said on twitter they have tons of toy box takeovers, but retailers just underestimated and din't order enough. Plus, we know all the exclusives are timed, so I'm sure the market will be flooded soon.

It's more an issue at this point of retailers not ordering enough. I'm sure they're all thinking the interactive Toys market will bust at some point and with Dimensions and the new Skylanders on te horizion, I'm sure they aren't ordering as much. John V even said on twitter they have tons of toy box takeovers, but retailers just underestimated and din't order enough. Plus, we know all the exclusives are timed, so I'm sure the market will be flooded soon.
Yeah I wouldn't expect DI to get anywhere near amiibo levels. I have never had a problem as far as availability of any figure going back to 2.0 at least. Best Buy was practically begging for me to buy Olaf yesterday due to their surplus stock of him, and GameStop was very happy when I ordered the Saga bundle, as the manager didn't want to lose even more floor space to DI.

I've gone crazy - here's what I came home with yesterday:

PS4 Saga Bundle  - mostly for early access to Rise Against The Empire and Boba Fett. The Twilight Starter Pack from this one is still unopened - may sell that 

Xbox 360 Starter Pack  - this is what my daughter and I play on - she doesn't touch the PS4 or the XB1

Sabine

Obi-Wan

Inside Out Playset

Toy Box Takeover

And here's what I bought today from TRU and WalMart:

Ezra

Quorra

Kana

And if I don't keep myself away from Target I'll also be going home with:

Sam Flynn

Sadness

And I went ahead and bought Han Solo from someone on Ebay for $25 - already shipped and should be here Wednesday. I overpaid instead of waiting but he's been my favorite character from Star Wars since I was 5 years old

Thank goodness for Gamer's Club Unlocked :)

Just so you know, this time you just have to collect a single coin for each character to "cross over". I have found a couple and they havent really been hidden, in fact the Darth Maul coin in Twilight of the Republic was right in the main path.
Thanks for the info. It wasn't specifically "hard" to find the coins in the last game, but it felt like an obstacle that limited accessibility for those hoping to jump right in like I had wanted to do with Hulk in the spidey playset.

Received an email from Best Buy today at 5am stating that my Toy Box Takeover order was delayed and I would get it on 9/23 and then got another one a few hours ago that it has now shipped.

bread's done
Back