Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Need some advice here. I own all three modern consoles (ps4, wii u, and xbox one). Which system should I get 3.0 for? I'm a complete disney infinity noob and i'm confused about the console differences. Does the wii u having a built in NFC reader give it an advantage? 

Need some advice here. I own all three modern consoles (ps4, wii u, and xbox one). Which system should I get 3.0 for? I'm a complete disney infinity noob and i'm confused about the console differences. Does the wii u having a built in NFC reader give it an advantage?
I was a noob about 2 weeks ago, personally I went with the Wii U Version, to answer your question NO to play on the system you still need the Infinity pad. Heres a quick breakdown of everything I did , hopefully it helps................BUT if you have a PS4 I recommend getting that Saga Bundle RIGHT NOW!!!

3.0 Wii U (Download from E-shop) - $ 19.99

Infinity Pad (Gamestop) - $ 2.64

Twlight of the Republic Playset, Sabine, and Yoda (Target Star Wars Sale) - $ 47.00

PS4 Bundle

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-infinity-3-0-edition-starter-pack-star-wars-saga-bundle-playstation-4/4211101.p?id=1219707776386&skuId=4211101&productCategoryId=pcmcat296300050018&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-qeqO.YMHRS4CBO8G0kIukA

Unless you REALLY like the gamepad, don't get it on the Wii U. Both the PS4 and Xbox One have more RAM and processing power which allow for bigger toy boxes, higher resolution, and smoother frame rates than the Wii U - especially in split-screen.

The Xbox One version seems buggy compared to the PS4. I have both versions and the Xbox one seems prone to not loading after going to load screens and has had gameplay slow down to unplayable levels. I haven't tried the Wii U version but I would say the PS4 is the best version of the game. 

The Xbox One version seems buggy compared to the PS4. I have both versions and the Xbox one seems prone to not loading after going to load screens and has had gameplay slow down to unplayable levels. I haven't tried the Wii U version but I would say the PS4 is the best version of the game.
I own both consoles as well and though I can't speak to DI specifically, I have played a couple of multiplatform games on both systems and in both cases the XB1 version had a choppier and clunkier framerate. Unless you just hate the PS4 I would guess that's the way to go because you can get the Saga bundle and it's cheap at the moment.

Are the timed exclusives over? I just saw Fear and a couple of the Star Wars figures (sorry don't know the names of cartoon characters) at my BB.

I'm headed to best buy now I hope I can get fear.

Edit:

No luck at best buy, nothing on the shelves. Oh well I'll head back tomorrow :)

Are the timed exclusives over? I just saw Fear and a couple of the Star Wars figures (sorry don't know the names of cartoon characters) at my BB.
They should be sold everywhere starting tomorrow. If they have them out already, there is a good chance you will get denied when trying to buy it, but you might get lucky. :)

I've been lucky with getting the Star Wars stuff so far. I got the WiiU Starter Pack at Best Buy with the the free Toy Box Takeover bonus plus the extra 500 bonus points for $52 after GCU. I than got Yoda, Obi-Wan, and 2 Sabines for less than $30 after Force coupon, and 30% off Cartwheel and 5% Redcard. I than traded the extra Sabine for a Kanan, traded extra 1.0 and 2.0 discs that i had lying around for Ezra and both the Star Wars and Tomorrowland Power Disc packs via Facebook trading groups. And than traded in two sets of Gusto and Barkley Skylanders from the Trap Team 3DS Starter Pack to Gamestop I got for free from a 75% off Target Cartwheel offer and a $10 coupon via cereal coupons.

Have they done the .25 per pack thing at TRU since April? It seems like thay are about due for another blowout.

I need some help with this. My nephew has the 2.0 kit, wants 3.0. He has a 360.

I don't think I need to buy a new 3.0 base do I? Aside from the software, the figures will work with the 2.0 base as long as its with the 3.0 software?

If he wnated to use this on a ps4 or an xbone, would he need a new 2.0 or 3.0 base?

Is the ps4 and xbone base compatible with the other system? I recall the 2.0 bases were not, the ps4 was compatible with ps3 and PC nad maybe wii but not with the xbox versions.

Better still, if someone can direct me to a chart that exeplains the different bases & systems... I've seen 2.0 vs 1.0 vs 3.0 but not system vs system. 

I have not experienced this at all.

[quote name="mig0" post="12928024" timestamp="1442690389"]I need some help with this. My nephew has the 2.0 kit, wants 3.0. He has a 360.

I don't think I need to buy a new 3.0 base do I? Aside from the software, the figures will work with the 2.0 base as long as its with the 3.0 software?

If he wnated to use this on a ps4 or an xbone, would he need a new 2.0 or 3.0 base?

Is the ps4 and xbone base compatible with the other system? I recall the 2.0 bases were not, the ps4 was compatible with ps3 and PC nad maybe wii but not with the xbox versions.

Better still, if someone can direct me to a chart that exeplains the different bases & systems... I've seen 2.0 vs 1.0 vs 3.0 but not system vs system. [/quote]

If you are getting him 3.0 for the Xbox 360 then your 2.0 will work without issue. However the base will only work on the 360 so if he upgrades to ps4 or Xbox one he will need the base for that console.

The bases for wii/wii u/PS3/ps4 all work on any of those platforms. The 360 base only works for the 360 and the Xbox one base only works on the Xbox one

I need some help with this. My nephew has the 2.0 kit, wants 3.0. He has a 360.

Better still, if someone can direct me to a chart that exeplains the different bases & systems... I've seen 2.0 vs 1.0 vs 3.0 but not system vs system.
If you have a base from 1.0 you can use it for 2.0 or 3.0...the base functionality is not affected by the type of game, but it is affected by the system. Wii, Wii U, PS3, and PS4 all use a base that is interchangeable amongst all of those systems. Xbox 360 has a proprietary input so when you buy the kit for that system, the base you receive is unique to that system. Same with Xbox One. You cannot use a Xbox 360 base on the XB1 and vice versa.

If you already have a base that came with a 360 kit, you are ok if you get the later games on the 360 only. Get the digital version on PS4 and you're gonna need a new base.

Anyone know where I can find a good price on some of the 1.0 playsets. Looking for the first one that came with the starter pack and the Toy story one. Thanks

I have Elite so I finally headed back to Best Buy today to get the price adjustment on the Saga set. For some reason it kept giving the girl an error when she tried to adjust it because it said it was a "bestbuy.com" order so she just did a return-rebuy and I got it for $79.99 after GCU instead of $91.99. Not bad at all.

Seems like a pretty good deal on the figures. With GCU makes them 9.19 a piece. I am now just starting to buy these new so do these figures go much lower brand new in the box?

Picked up Sabine and Ezra, now I have all the Star Wars ones available. Still passing on all the others though like Mickey and Mulan and all the Inside Out ones. $9.19 a figure is nice but I am in no rush for those and so hopefully I can get them for even cheaper down the line. 

My son and I had a bummer happen to us today. I went to Walmart and price matched the buy 2 single characters and get $5 off and they had Chewbacca!!! My son was so excited! So was I but....they couldn't sell it to us because he isn't suppose to be on the floor until the end of the month. Chewbacca looks amazing! Can't wait to get him. Walmart price matched and we picked up Olaf and Mickey for $23! So it wasn't all bad. Great game!

My son and I had a bummer happen to us today. I went to Walmart and price matched the buy 2 single characters and get $5 off and they had Chewbacca!!! My son was so excited! So was I but....they couldn't sell it to us because he isn't suppose to be on the floor until the end of the month. Chewbacca looks amazing! Can't wait to get him. Walmart price matched and we picked up Olaf and Mickey for $23! So it wasn't all bad. Great game!
9 more days! Gonna be hard to resist that set when it comes out. Chewie and Han would make a great pairing, should someone offer a deal like this.

I just want to say, since I've seen a couple posts now about people finding Han, Chewie, and the Rise Playset on shelves, but being denied at the register...

I miss the days when a stupid employee putting things out before the street date meant you could luck out and buy them before you were supposed to... and the computers didn't know better and correct their mistakes for them.

THEN AGAIN...

It is much easier these days when a stupid employee tries to deny you a sale/coupon with an argument you know is incorrect, but then you have them scan the items in question into the computer anyway, and it automatically corrects their mistakes for them, proving you right and putting the dumb employee soundly in their place, leaving you with a smug sense of satisfaction in your triumph.

So it's one of life's little trade-offs I suppose...

Sometimes the computers being smarter than the employees gets in the way... But sometimes it saves you from their ignorance too.

The Inside Out Feelings are kind of crappy outside their playset. They all have the same ball attack, the difference between them is the color of it, and simple melee attacks. No throw, combos, air attacks, or the other nice stuff the other 3.0 characters have. They do have some nice animations, but if you don't own the playset, there's no reason to get them right now.

The Inside Out Feelings are kind of crappy outside their playset. They all have the same ball attack, the difference between them is the color of it, and simple melee attacks. No throw, combos, air attacks, or the other nice stuff the other 3.0 characters have. They do have some nice animations, but if you don't own the playset, there's no reason to get them right now.
Thanks for saying that because I was only buying it because the BB sale is so good but I'll be strong and wait for more star wars... Hopefully a good sale too

The Inside Out Feelings are kind of crappy outside their playset. They all have the same ball attack, the difference between them is the color of it, and simple melee attacks. No throw, combos, air attacks, or the other nice stuff the other 3.0 characters have. They do have some nice animations, but if you don't own the playset, there's no reason to get them right now.
But how fun is that darned playset, amirite? That playset is one of my favorites. No having to deal with stupid enemies (so far) that I need to worry about It's a platforming dream.

But how fun is that darned playset, amirite? That playset is one of my favorites. No having to deal with stupid enemies (so far) that I need to worry about It's a platforming dream.
The playset is great. There are enemies later on but the platforming continues. The kids and I finally got 100% in the playset this weekend. The light bulbs are a pain to get sometimes but the 3rd Topsy Turvy level bulb takes the cake.

Are the Inside Out figures kinda like the Toy Story folks in that all they have for melee is basically just that simple shoulder nudge attack or whatever?

I was really disappointed when I played the Toy Story characters after having already played the Incredibles playset...because the Incredibles characters had such cool special moves and melee attacks and it kinda made Buzz and Woody feel like a letdown. But then I noticed that my daughter actually seemed to enjoy the Toy Story playset more, because the objectives were based around alot more than just combat. So I guess there is a trade off there. I feel like she didn't like 2.0 quite as much because all of those playsets seemed geared around combat as well. Definitely getting her the Inside Out playset as I think it's going to fit her liking better.

Are the Inside Out figures kinda like the Toy Story folks in that all they have for melee is basically just that simple shoulder nudge attack or whatever?
They're not that bad. They've got standard melee combos, block breakers, and a lot of other things you see in 2.0, though the "throw" button does not function (in the Toy Box at least), and other things, like the +1 combos, are also absent. This is likely due to the lack of emphasis on combat in their set. I've no doubt they work great in their own set (and any Toyboxes made using their template). If you're a fan of Inside/Out, they can be fun to mess around with, as they've got a lot of personality, great animations, and funny quips, even if only two of the five, Anger and Sadness, are done by the original voice actors. However, they don't last long under intense combat, and are not going to be your stalwart go tos like your Jedis, Hulk, Venom, Merida, and other powerful characters. Their abilities outside their set are also very similar, with no discernible difference whatsoever between their ball attacks. In short, if you're planning on buying the I/O playset at some point, it wouldn't hurt to have one or two in the wings to mess around with, but if you've no interest in the set at all, pass.

[quote name="juubei1i" post="12930562" timestamp="1442855252"]can a ps3 owner and ps4 owner play together?[/quote]

Nope, you can't play cross platform

[quote name="juubei1i" post="12930562" timestamp="1442855252"]can a ps3 owner and ps4 owner play together?[/quote]

Hey you guys just curious do you know what's going on with this rumor is black suit spiderman coming to 3.0, I know it's on the vita version but I heard it was coming to 3.0

bread's done
Back