Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading John Vignocchi say that Disney Infinity, in the corporate scheme of things, is promotional in nature. It's supposed to support Disney's promotional pushes. So don't expect playsets based on older things, like Duck Tales. If you want to know what's coming up pay attention to their D23 announcements for 2016.

That being said I would love Tron (1982).
That does make sense and works for most of the sets released, save The Incredibles. This is Disney, who preys upon people's nostalgia, so they really should go full out and put out sets people want, not just whatever flavor of the week might be in theaters. Also, wasn't there talk of bringing back a Ducktales TV show? I don't expect the sets I want, it would just be awesome and make them money. :razz:

It's sad that I can only "like" this once. Also, make a Ducktales one so Launchpad and Gizmo duck can do double duty.

That said, my choice just above DW is Gargoyles. :drool:
Gargs would be rad, but only if they get Jonathan Frakes back to voice Sinistar or whatever his name was. The dude with the ponytail.

Really, at some point they should realize that those of us in our 20s-early 30s have plenty of disposable income, obsessions with collecting, AND tons of nostalgia -- a potent combination. A Ducktales set for us would be the equivalent of Inside Out or Frozen for wee children.

also: bring back Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

Ducktales is being rebooted next year, so we can only hope Ducktales Infinity figures will be coming out, even though they might not look like the old school versions.

Microsoft or Sony need to push for a princess set.  Little girls might beg their parents for the set/console to play video games targeted at them.

Microsoft or Sony need to push for a princess set. Little girls might beg their parents for the set/console to play video games targeted at them.
9en87k_4.jpg

My daughter is already playing Infinity. She loves Lone Ranger, and Star Wars. Yea she also gets Tinker Bell and the like.... and Frozen.

Saying something blatantly sexist proves that you're as narrowminded as those running these kinda things.

9en87k_4.jpg

My daughter is already playing Infinity. She loves Lone Ranger, and Star Wars. Yea she also gets Tinker Bell and the like.... and Frozen.

Saying something blatantly sexist proves that you're as narrowminded as those running these kinda things.
Enough with the personal attacks. Anyone who reads the Amiibo forum knows where that leads.

9en87k_4.jpg

#triggered7:returnofthetriggered

[quote name="IkedaTeramusa" post="12949647" timestamp="1443808599"]
9en87k_4.jpg

Saying something blatantly sexist proves that you're as narrowminded as those running these kinda things.[/quote]

My niece loves the game too, including Star Wars too (which I didn't think she would but Ahsoka looks so awesome who wouldn't like her lol)

I took my five-year-old daughter to Target to pick out a new figure, full well expecting her to choose Minnie Mouse or one of the Inside Out characters because those are the only ones she'd been talking about.

She chose Yoda.

Enough with the personal attacks. Anyone who reads the Amiibo forum knows where that leads.
A person is what they are. It's nothing personal but the opinion stated IS what I called out. Point is.. girls play games that aren't always princesses. It's a very OLD way of thinking.

I took my five-year-old daughter to Target to pick out a new figure, full well expecting her to choose Minnie Mouse or one of the Inside Out characters because those are the only ones she'd been talking about.

She chose Yoda.
Yoda is the Star Wars equivalent of Susan B Anthony

was at target the other day and overheard two parents sounding disappointed because their little girl wanted to be the Hulk for Halloween.  I have no idea how old the girl was but I hope they let her be what she wanted.

was at target the other day and overheard two parents sounding disappointed because their little girl wanted to be the Hulk for Halloween. I have no idea how old the girl was but I hope they let her be what she wanted.
She-Hulk is a better character than regular Hulk! Bruce Banner is a sadsack who sometimes kills people, Jennifer Walters is a popular attorney who is also big and green and can punch stuff sometimes.

Those parents were just big fans of the Peter David and Charles Soule She-Hulk runs.

A person is what they are. It's nothing personal but the opinion stated IS what I called out. Point is.. girls play games that aren't always princesses. It's a very OLD way of thinking.
Or sometimes the truth. Your experience, or mine, is not the absolute rule. My daughter wants nothing to do with any Infinity figure that is not a girl, not even Olaf. The only reason I started playing Infinity was because she wanted to play as her favorite princess, Jasmine. Now I want all the Star Wars figures and my son picks whatever catches his eye but my daughter only wants girl characters and her wishlist of Infinity figures is pretty big (Sofia, Belle, Ariel, Pocahontas, Queen Amidala, etc.). Yet my daughter also wants every yellow Hotwheel car she can get a hold off. It's her choice to only play with girl Disney figures and her way of thinking is not OLD.

Your narrow minded view of your little corner of the universe doesn't allow you to comprehend other people hence you are quick to judge and stereotype someone you have never met or talked to. "Look at me I am insulting someone and being funny about it!"

Marketing exists for a reason. Sure there are tons of little girls who will enjoy Star Wars or super heroes but you will absolutely get a group with princesses that you wouldn't get otherwise. There are still a LOT of little girls out there that love princesses and dolls and everything pink. Saying so isn't sexist, it's living in reality.

It's not worthy of continued bickering and takes away from the point of this thread.

Ultimately, for the mix, DI is fairly even as far as even representation.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/even-disney-is-surprised-by-the-success-of-disney-infinity-1201268283/
That's because Johnny V is a stellar role model for tiny girls everywhere: if they believe in themselves and work hard enough, they too can work for a failing video game company and then jump ship to a more successful one, all while appearing to be a giant sweaty manbaby.

Do they own another property big enough to base a whole game on? I can see them having to go back to the 3 characters/playsets in the starter pack model of the first game to get people to buy. Maybe 4.0 could be Lion King, Ratatouille, and The Jungle Book (2016 Live action film).
Indiana Jones is probably not big enough for a whole game, but should support a playset or two.

Indiana Jones is probably not big enough for a whole game, but should support a playset or two.
I could see a playset based on the four films. There's also several good supporting characters, as well as classic villains like Mola Ram and Arnold Tuhl (black hat and glasses from Raiders), that would make nice figures.

I could see a playset based on the four films. There's also several good supporting characters, as well as classic villains like Mola Ram and Arnold Tuhl (black hat and glasses from Raiders).
I doubt we'll get anything Indiana Jones related until they reboot, Disney is hoping to reboot Indy around 2018 with Chris Pratt as the new Indy. I can't see them releasing a Harrison Ford looking Indy figure when Indy could have a new face in a few years. They'll likely wait.

John Vignocchi had said they expected the Disney Infinity kid audience to be 75/25 boy/girl but it turned out to be 50/50. That's why most of the playsets have a boy and a girl character and the 2.0 and 3.0 starter packs have females packed in.

She chose Yoda.
So sweet, my daughters chose Quorra and Han. My littlest one is hoping they release a Rinzler and Kevin Flynn/Clu hybrid play set.

Ducktales would be sweet. Gargoyles would be a must buy.

Just to make sure they didn't do another power discs blowout at toyrus right? I think the last one was in April, is that correct?

So sweet, my daughters chose Quorra and Han. My littlest one is hoping they release a Rinzler and Kevin Flynn/Clu hybrid play set.
Uggghhhh, a Rinzler would be sick! Or a classic Tron. Disney, as a company, loves Tron. While it isn't a huge franchise, they feel strongly enough about it that this *could* happen.

I doubt we'll get anything Indiana Jones related until they reboot, Disney is hoping to reboot Indy around 2018 with Chris Pratt as the new Indy. I can't see them releasing a Harrison Ford looking Indy figure when Indy could have a new face in a few years. They'll likely wait.
Pratt publically denied that rumor months ago.

That doesn't mean they won't eventually reboot but as of now there's nothing official on when we might see a new film in the franchise.

Pratt publically denied that rumor months ago.

That doesn't mean they won't eventually reboot but as of now there's nothing official on when we might see a new film in the franchise.
I know that, lol, I just meant Disney wants Pratt, not that he is officially signed on. Steven Speilberg even publically said he'd be willing to return as director is Disney gets Pratt. And yeah, the 2018 is a wishful rumor for the reboot.

^^^ most people are grabbing Rise against the Empire this week at BB using GCU but I understand some people are crazy enough not to have it

Since this is a deals thread. Is the current Target sale on Disney Infinity 3.0 in-store and online considered a worthwhile deal?

Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Set $49.99
Rise against the Empire $24.99

I was going to go ahead and pick them up at that price unless anybody knows of a better deal upcoming soon.

EDIT: link
http://www.target.com/c/disney-infinity-mmbv-featured-brands/-/N-55l6r#?lnk=snav_rd_disney_infinity
It's roughly on par with what other stores have been offering the last few weeks. Aside from GCU, probably the best current offer.

Can someone explain to me how to use the hexagonal power discs? I've searched online and found nothing. I feel like an idiot but I seriously don't get how to, or when to use them. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Infinity-3-0-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00YZ3UMZQ/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1443983868&sr=8-11&keywords=star+wars+infinity
Are you trying to use them in the playsets? They work only in the toybox mode. Put them on the portal and they will spawn whatever it shows in the pic. A weapon, vehicle, animal, background, or whatever.

In fact, the game TELLS you "This disc can only be used in Toybox mode"....  Repeatedly.  To the point that it's annoying.  (even in the toybox hub.. so it's really not all that clear).  What I don't get.. I can't use a Y-Wing in Toybox Hub but in my farm it's completely acceptable.

Target Carthweel has 15% off all Disney Infinity toys. I haven't seen anyone mention it yet so I figured I should. If some already did, my bad.

In fact, the game TELLS you "This disc can only be used in Toybox mode".... Repeatedly. To the point that it's annoying. (even in the toybox hub.. so it's really not all that clear). What I don't get.. I can't use a Y-Wing in Toybox Hub but in my farm it's completely acceptable.
Yeah I tried using Grievous's Wheel Bike and it would spawn. So maybe certain things only work certain places, even in Toybox.

Thats the new price. It's a great deal if you don't have the playset or anything else but I just got it and found the game runs quite poorly.
Yea I didn't get the spiderman playset yet so it worked out for me. Altho as a collector I'll prolly buy the set with Spidey and Nova just to have them

New character is Captain America unmasked.
Well that's kinda...underwhelming. Even if they give him a different moveset and different supers or whatever, I still kind of see it as a letdown and more of a "variant" than a new character. There are so many more characters in the Marvel universe they could have picked. And if they wanted to promote Avengers they could have given us Vision.

The trailer is up too - http://youtu.be/qHmAjKKb2WY it's a brawler
Thanks for that, it looks pretty great. That said, I get kinda frustrated with these packs including a lot of custom functionality that can't be replicated in Toy Box. On that note, I'm still trying to find if I can even change the lighting in an Interior to make it dark like it gets in the in Haunted House room addition. Anyone know if that's even possible?

bread's done
Back