Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="easper" post="12967673" timestamp="1444786031"]Much appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

I agree that guardians is the better of the 2 and web slinging tasks were hard at times but for me I loved using Spider-Man and nova in 2.0 toy box. They were my most used

I ended up getting the Inside Out playset and the Rise Against the Empire Playset for $14.97 each at Target. Thanks to everyone for posting about the cartwheel coupon. 

Now I just need to buy the 3.0 starter set at some point.  :whistle2:$

Normally I'd feel bad for JV and the Infinity team, but they should have announced more Marvel stuff by now, so it doesn't bother me at all.

That said, I'm really excited for all of these figures. I hope we still see Scarlet Witch though as we need more female Marvel characters.

Regardless, I can't wait for these 3, Captain America: The First Avenger and the new Playset to come out in March! :)

^^^ If it wasn't going to be a big battle with fox entertainment I'm sure Scarlett Witch would of good a figured made

... I would also have accepted Wasp as her and Tinkerbell mechanics could be similar.  Or even Agent Carter.  That would open up all sorts of possibilities.

How can I find the DCPI numbers? I want to see if the other Target in my area has the Guardians and Spider-Man playsets, or the Wreck-It Ralph toybox pack. There's a chance I might be over that way on Saturday, but it's 45 minutes away and I'd rather not waste the trip.

Are Leia and Ahsoka being re-released individually later on?  If not, then we will have to double dip with Luke FX and Anakin FX in order to get Leia and Ahsoka.

It's best to buy a few extra items, take everything to the CS desk and tell then you have a pm to do.  After they do it and ring everything else up tell them you have a cartwheel coupon to scan.

It's best to buy a few extra items, take everything to the CS desk and tell then you have a pm to do. After they do it and ring everything else up tell them you have a cartwheel coupon to scan.
Exactly. Even better if you have other items that are valid for Cartwheel discount.

Just want to add that the Speedway is excellent. It's a little barebones on content, but for $15 or so after GCU, it's well-worth it, especially if you're into Mario Kart/racing games. It's pretty tough though, definitely not going to be easy for kids, which is a little odd. As an adult gamer, I'm glad it's challenging though. 

Just want to add that the Speedway is excellent. It's a little barebones on content, but for $15 or so after GCU, it's well-worth it, especially if you're into Mario Kart/racing games. It's pretty tough though, definitely not going to be easy for kids, which is a little odd. As an adult gamer, I'm glad it's challenging though.
Right on. Even at 50 cc I struggled for several races. Then this morning I tried using a pod racer and FORGET IT

Just got the Target pricematch/Cartwheel deal for the Inside Out playset... $14.97 out the door. It helped that I got some Little Debbie fall snack cakes (also on Cartwheel) and made small talk with the cashier. Beyond thrilled! Thanks, CAGers!

Seriously, still only two female Marvel characters? Both of whom are pretty similar? I can't believe we still haven't got Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, or Nebula.

They definitely should have gone with Nebula instead of Yondu.
Personally I would've preferred White Tiger over Yondu, would've given Spider-Man a female figure, since that's the only set without one.

And I totally agree about not including Scarlet Witch, Wasp or even Agent Carter, all 3 relevant females, into 3.0, between them, White Tiger, Black Cat, Nebula, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, there's a ton of great female characters that would make great figures.

I agree completely. Love being able to use all the figures and cars from the power disc also. Ive been able to stack 3 disc at a time under the playset. General Grevious ride is a monster lol. I do think the difficulty is way to hard for kids. In most games the beginning levels (50cc) are a breeze and allow younger players to enjoy the game without getting demolished. Hopefully they can tone it down a little in a patch. Also wish it had some type of drafting behind other players like Mario Kart and most racing games. For 15-20 bucks you really cant go wrong.
Btw, does anyone know how to unlock the marshmallow monster for use in toybox in the speedway?

Can someone remind me why they won't put X-Men characters in Infinity? Some kind of licensing issue? That would solve the female problem...you got so many badass women in that storyline...Rogue, Mystique, Storm, Spiral, Kitty, Jean, etc.

Can someone remind me why they won't put X-Men characters in Infinity? Some kind of licensing issue? That would solve the female problem...you got so many badass women in that storyline...Rogue, Mystique, Storm, Spiral, Kitty, Jean, etc.
Sony owns X-Men rights... not Marvel Studios (Disney). And the word "Mutants" which is why they forced the Inhumans storyline in quickly.

Sony owns X-Men rights... not Marvel Studios (Disney). And the word "Mutants" which is why they forced the Inhumans storyline in quickly.
So I guess Capcom paid them to use the characters in MvC3? I wonder when the contract expires. It would be really nice to have them in Infinity. Also, I think its Fox that puts out the Xmen movies.

So I guess Capcom paid them to use the characters in MvC3? I wonder when the contract expires. It would be really nice to have them in Infinity. Also, I think its Fox that puts out the Xmen movies.
MVC3 has already expired some time ago, that's why copies of the game are going for near what they did new, They had a huge DLC discount before they pulled it off Live/Marketplace. The Ultimate Alliance games are even worse. Before the MCU became popular, new copies of MUA 2 were going for $15-$20, now they're going for $70+.

Personally I would've preferred White Tiger over Yondu, would've given Spider-Man a female figure, since that's the only set without one.

And I totally agree about not including Scarlet Witch, Wasp or even Agent Carter, all 3 relevant females, into 3.0, between them, White Tiger, Black Cat, Nebula, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, there's a ton of great female characters that would make great figures.
Ms. Marvel and (current) Captain Marvel are the same person (Carol Danvers). I do agree they need more females, though, something the Disney Originals has been good at doing.

Are Leia and Ahsoka being re-released individually later on? If not, then we will have to double dip with Luke FX and Anakin FX in order to get Leia and Ahsoka.
Except for crystal variants, they have never, to date, released playset characters separately, and I doubt they'll start now.

[quote name="rbenns2" post="12969448" timestamp="1444873288"]Except for crystal variants, they have never, to date, released playset characters separately, and I doubt they'll start now.[/quote] that have released all 1.0 playset characters seperately (including the 3 starters)

Lightening McQueen for example - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00S7YDZ1C/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1444873614&sr=8-2π=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=disney+infinity+lightening

It has nothing to do with licensing and everything to do with marketing. Fox owns the X-Men & F4 film rights, that's it. Marvel is free to do with them what they want. From a marketing standpoint, Marvel profits most from Avengers (MCU & animated show), GotG (MCU & animated show) & Spider-Man (animated show). Putting in X-Men & F4 to Marvel, would be like free advertising for Fox, since Marvel has no movies or shows with those properties that they can profit from. They CAN add them, they just don't WANT to.

Ms. Marvel and (current) Captain Marvel are the same person (Carol Danvers). I do agree they need more females, though, something the Disney Originals has been good at doing.
No, there's been a new Ms. Marvel for quite some time now: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Marvel_(Kamala_Khan)

The current Ms. Marvel is actually a new character, Kamala Khan. She's an Inhuman i believe.

Right.  Marvel/Disney controls all the merchandising rights, but they don't want to make much X-Men/F4 merch because they see it as giving Fox free advertising*, when they should be looking at it the other way around - a Thing t-shirt or Wolverine in Infinity isn't going to give any measurable boost to ticket sales, but rather the movies generate demand for such items, and by failing to produce them Marvel is leaving money on the table for no sane reason.

*(Disney doesn't want to do this because their long-term goal is to get the movie rights back, which requires Fox to go a set amount of time [rumored to be ~5 years] without making a new movie or else just agree to sell them back or, more realistically, negotiate some sort of sharing agreement as Sony has with Spider-Man; the problem is that longstanding bad blood between Disney and Fox makes all of these scenarios somewhat unlikely; it's widely believed that Josh Trank's infamous version of Fantastic Four was created solely to hold onto the rights, without actually caring whether it was any good or would do well at the box office, purely to spite Disney.)

Yea, you guys are right.  Fox not Sony owns X-men.  They returned Daredevil rights and made that atrocious FF4 movie.

Ms. Marvel is NOT Carol Danvers anymore.  They are 2 entirely different people now.   In fact, I prefer the new Ms. Marvel (religious points aside).  Carol Danvers was recruited into a different group as Captain Marvel.

Either way, tons of heroes/villains that are girls that they could bring into the mix and add some interesting storylines.  No one has even mentioned Enchantress, Black Cat, Silver Sable, and those utilize already existing characters/heroes in the stories.

Even more, I think they're onto something with the disk based thing.  Give me a disc with a couple of hours of new content for 20 bucks or so.  You could make them like "comic" books.  Release a new storyline with a new character or two.  The real problem is getting the new content to those without internet connections.  That's the one thing that I think is crappy about this TTL thing.  The content is already on the disc, the toy just unlocks it.

It's certainly a better idea than the collect random power discs.  Though I'm sure they made money off of those, they only managed to burn me out and turn me off from the whole thing.

They've been removing FF & X-men from other merch as well. There are new t-shirts with an old Secret Wars comic cover... but they've removed all FF and X-men characters from the picture!  http://zap2it.com/2015/05/marvel-takes-x-men-fantastic-four-off-merchandise-not-in-mcu-t-shirts/

They also offer a 'Marvel line-up' poster in the poster rack at Walmart/K-Mart/etc filled with about 100 characters. Last year's poster included the FF and several X-men characters near the foreground. The 2015 version of the poster has removed all FF & X-men characters.

They also cancelled the Fantastic Four comic a few months ago at issue #645. They claim the cancellation was due to poor sales but the feud with Fox and cancellation just before the movie seems a little convenient.

Odd they chose Black Panther, as his film won't be out for a while, unless they're delaying release. I'm sure we'll see a Captain Marvel when the film comes out.

Odd they chose Black Panther, as his film won't be out for a while, unless they're delaying release. I'm sure we'll see a Captain Marvel when the film comes out.
I thought they confirmed Black Panther will be in the new Cap basically as the 'Watcher' of the situation. So that makes sense.

They've been removing FF & X-men from other merch as well. There are new t-shirts with an old Secret Wars comic cover... but they've removed all FF and X-men characters from the picture! http://zap2it.com/2015/05/marvel-takes-x-men-fantastic-four-off-merchandise-not-in-mcu-t-shirts/

They also offer a 'Marvel line-up' poster in the poster rack at Walmart/K-Mart/etc filled with about 100 characters. Last year's poster included the FF and several X-men characters near the foreground. The 2015 version of the poster has removed all FF & X-men characters.

They also cancelled the Fantastic Four comic a few months ago at issue #645. They claim the cancellation was due to poor sales but the feud with Fox and cancellation just before the movie seems a little convenient.
Wow...that would imply a more significant conflict than I would have thought. The T-shirt thing is just bizarre, but if they are willing to go that far to avoid marketing FF simply because of Fox, there must be some deeply rooted problems.

The really interesting part to me is the confirmed part where Marvel will be coproducing the TV shows with Fox. That means Marvel has a financial stake in the X-Men in media outside of comics again which means we could see a return of merchandise and things. I think we're suddenly a lot more likely to see someone like Wolverine show up here.

He has a significant role in Captain America 3, also why they went with Cap reposed.

Okay, so I just recently got into this a week or so ago and so far I have Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Anakin, Yoda, Luke, and Leia for the Star Wars sets and Cap, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, Iron Fist, Spidey, and Venom for the 2.0 sets. Who should I get next?

I've only really played Hulk, Yoda, Luke, and Leia for an extended period of time and so far Hulk and Luke are the favorites.

Snagged both SW playsets at Target with PM and CW for ~$14.xx each. Guess I'll just grab 3.0 digitally. Both SW playsets and the game for ~60 is cool with me. Especially not having to change discs when I want to play.

[quote name="CaptainJoel" post="12969988" timestamp="1444917648"]Okay, so I just recently got into this a week or so ago and so far I have Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Anakin, Yoda, Luke, and Leia for the Star Wars sets and Cap, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, Iron Fist, Spidey, and Venom for the 2.0 sets. Who should I get next?

I've only really played Hulk, Yoda, Luke, and Leia for an extended period of time and so far Hulk and Luke are the favorites.[/quote]

I love nova for his quick flying abilities, vadar looks amazing and will be my next buy (light fx)

I love nova for his quick flying abilities, vadar looks amazing and will be my next buy (light fx)
You have to get Sabine! Shes a powerful ranged fighter, something invaluable in these sets. I've used her to clear Jedi Arena trials when Annakin and Ahsoka were kissing the mat. She's also got the best figure, and is voiced by her original voice actor. Also, it's Sabine!

Okay, so I just recently got into this a week or so ago and so far I have Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Anakin, Yoda, Luke, and Leia for the Star Wars sets and Cap, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, Iron Fist, Spidey, and Venom for the 2.0 sets. Who should I get next?

I've only really played Hulk, Yoda, Luke, and Leia for an extended period of time and so far Hulk and Luke are the favorites.
Hulk's a beast. Level him up completely and enjoy those super jumps and ridiculous power.

If you want to get someone from Disney, Merida is another good ranged attacker and Maleficent is fun to play. I don't have my Baymax leveled up very far yet, but at least he flies and can carry the other guy (can't remember his name) around.

Marvel has also severed some other ties with X-men characters in the comics. They killed off Wolverine and Deadpool, although DP is being revived and Wolverine is being replaced by Old Man Logan and X-23. They also revealed that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver aren't Magneto's kids after all.

bread's done
Back