Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

Had a $5 promo credit so used it on the Good Dinosaur set. Not really interested in the movie or the figure(s) from it. But the idea of riding a dinosaur is appealing to me so...
Same reason for purchase here. Four different dinosaurs to ride? SOLD.

Also just grabbed that second SW pack with Slave 1 and the Boushh costume--those sound like fun add-ons to have.

Interesting. I assumed they jumped from 2 to 3 in order to cash in even harder on Star Wars (making people re-buy everything for the Star Wars stuff). I'm not hoping to annualize this lol.

Anyway my plan is to sorta complete all the quests there are main and side quests. That's what I'm doing with Twilight. It seems that this is the cheapest it'll go so I'll probably pick them up. Sad to hear they changed the story around. OT is freaking perfect. I hope they didn't change too much up. Also don't tell me what though. I'll just play through it and find out. 20 hours is actually a decent length. My biggest concern getting into DI was that it's super expensive and if the games were short it would be kind of disheartening. 20 hours per story isn't terrible. Still wish the figures would drop in price a bit, but what are you gonna do I guess

Also on that Nick Fury, is there anything extra special about him? Seems like it's just a plastic shell? Maybe I'm missing something?
There's nothing about him that is special. It's literally just the plastic shell. And Nick Fury isn't even that great of a character. He's basically just a less awesome Princess Leia.

There's nothing about him that is special. It's literally just the plastic shell. And Nick Fury isn't even that great of a character. He's basically just a less awesome Princess Leia.
There's also a Stitch that comes in the shell. It's just them trying to get people started buying those clear cases for all their figures. Sorry, Disney, I don't think they're gonna catch on.

I think there were 5 of those figure that got released in those plastic cases.

Gamestop:

Captain America

Rocket Raccoon

Jack Skellington

Target:

Stitch

Best Buy:

Nick Fury

When I was at Gamestop this evening, I noticed that the 3.0 Toy Box Takeover and Toy Box Speedway packs were marked at $9.99.  I passed on them, but was planning on heading back.  Decided to check if Amazon had price matched, but their prices were all 3rd party sellers charging outrageous prices.  Found that Best Buy also has them listed for $9.99 ($7.99 with GCU).  Bought both for $15.98, then used my $5 birthday coupon to bring it down to $10.98.

Twilight is back up to $9.99 but Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire is now $4.99.
Twilight power discs are out of stock from Amazon itself currently. Only available from third party sellers so it went up. They're just pricematching Gamestop's advertised prices. I'm hoping to pricematch Amazon's Good Dinosaur pack price at Best Buy and use a $5 rewards cert to make my out of pocket $0. Hopefully Amazon can keep it in stock until tomorrow morning.

I bought the PS4 Vader bundle with the 3.0 bundle.  I have no interest in Disney Infinity so I am going to sell it for like $100 on CL.  It's currently $114.99 plus tax everywhere so I think I will be able to get $100 for it.  If I do, that will mean I would have bought the PS4 Vader for only $244 and that would make me very happy.

I bought the PS4 Vader bundle with the 3.0 bundle. I have no interest in Disney Infinity so I am going to sell it for like $100 on CL. It's currently $114.99 plus tax everywhere so I think I will be able to get $100 for it. If I do, that will mean I would have bought the PS4 Vader for only $244 and that would make me very happy.

Good luck getting $100 for it lol

Seems to be getting around $80-90 with free shipping. After shipping of around $10-15 (due to the size of the saga bundle) and fees. you would probably get around...$50-60 in your pocket.

Huh? On craigslist? No shipping fees. I am just going off Amazon and Walmart etc. It's brand new. I haven't opened it.
The price of this is usually $80-90, it has been as low as $60 at Disney's webstore. I suppose you could find someone dumb enough to buy it so close to Christmas as a last minute "oh shit I forgot" gift. But otherwise it won't be likely to get you $100. I think this was even as low as around $70-80 from Best Buy.

once you've beaten the first level in the Toy Box Games you will unlock a Defense Survival Mode and an Exploration Survival Mode. In these modes, you can mix and match all of the characters from Marvel and Disney!

https://help.disney.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Can-I-play-with-Disney-Characters-in-the-Marvel-Toy-Box-Games-and-vice-versa?section=Disney-Infinity
How long does it take to beat the first level generally? I picked up a bunch of Infinity stuff for my kids for XMAS. I have the 2.0 and 3.0 playsets (since I got great deals) and a BUNCH of figures with all the deals.

So with the current Best Buy deal going on I ended up buying Rise Against the Empire and The Force Awakens playsets. Would have been $40 but I had a $15 cert so it ended up totaling $27 after taxes for both of em. I guess it's too late to receive TFA on launch but I should have it Tuesday the 22nd and I should have Rise this Wednesday. Not too bad a deal. I'm pretty happy. Now to just hope TFA doesn't suck. Then afterwards maybe I'll pick up Poe and Kylo. We'll see.

So with the current Best Buy deal going on I ended up buying Rise Against the Empire and The Force Awakens playsets. Would have been $40 but I had a $15 cert so it ended up totaling $27 after taxes for both of em. I guess it's too late to receive TFA on launch but I should have it Tuesday the 22nd and I should have Rise this Wednesday. Not too bad a deal. I'm pretty happy. Now to just hope TFA doesn't suck. Then afterwards maybe I'll pick up Poe and Kylo. We'll see.
i'm doing store pickup for the deal so i get it on the 18th. still on the fence for getting the inside out playset. TFA and speedway for 21$ pretty good deal there.

I bought the PS4 Vader bundle with the 3.0 bundle. I have no interest in Disney Infinity so I am going to sell it for like $100 on CL. It's currently $114.99 plus tax everywhere so I think I will be able to get $100 for it. If I do, that will mean I would have bought the PS4 Vader for only $244 and that would make me very happy.
You do realize it's not the saga bundle that comes with it, just the rise against the empire playset and Boba Fett. I picked up the bundle myself the other day.

Huh? On craigslist? No shipping fees. I am just going off Amazon and Walmart etc. It's brand new. I haven't opened it.
As someone else mentioned, the PS4 Saga Bundle includes the PS4 DI 3.0 game disc, portal, Twilight of the Republic playset (w/ Anakin & Ahsoka figures), Rise Against the Empire playset (w/ Luke & Leia figures) and a Boba Fett figure.

The PS4 Vader DI bundle (ignoring the PS4 parts) comes with PS4 DI 3.0 game disc, portal, Rise Against the Empire playset (w/ Luke & Leia figures) and a Boba Fett figure. It does NOT include the Twilight of the Republic playset (w/ Anakin & Ahsoka figures).

So the values you're looking at are:

PS4 DI 3.0 game disc + portal = $15-25 (PS4 digital download is going for $20 through the end of the year, was $15 the other week)

Rise Against the Empire playset (w/ Luke & Leia figures) = $15-$25 (Most stores will have all the playsets on sale for $25 this week, normally $35)

Boba Fett figure = $35-$50 (Would be $14, but he can't be bought individually until January so this is your ace.)

If you look at eBay completed listings from others selling off the DI parts of the PS4 Vader bundle, you'll see prices around $60-$80 shipped. Craigslist doesn't normally net you eBay pricing (though you'll find outliers from time to time depending on your area), so I'd say you should be aiming to sell the set locally around $70-75. You may have to sell the pieces individually to maximize, but that's more hassle.

i'm doing store pickup for the deal so i get it on the 18th. still on the fence for getting the inside out playset. TFA and speedway for 21$ pretty good deal there.
I'm pretty lazy and I'll be traveling all day Thursday into Friday so I won't even be seeing the movie til the weekend or the following week so I'm fine with waiting. I really only have my interest in the Star Wars (and maybe Marvel) stuff at this point. I figure I'll work my way down from SW to Marvel to eventually Disney if I even bother going down that far. Personally not a huge Disney (core) guy so their playsets don't really seem worth it to me. all the figures I would have wanted from Disney (core) are all Infinity 1.0 and I can't even find that stuff in stores anymore.

Is the Speedway a new gametype? I was trying to figure out what that and the Takeover were. Look like big boxes but I'm a little confused as to what they actually are.

I'm pretty lazy and I'll be traveling all day Thursday into Friday so I won't even be seeing the movie til the weekend or the following week so I'm fine with waiting. I really only have my interest in the Star Wars (and maybe Marvel) stuff at this point. I figure I'll work my way down from SW to Marvel to eventually Disney if I even bother going down that far. Personally not a huge Disney (core) guy so their playsets don't really seem worth it to me. all the figures I would have wanted from Disney (core) are all Infinity 1.0 and I can't even find that stuff in stores anymore.

Is the Speedway a new gametype? I was trying to figure out what that and the Takeover were. Look like big boxes but I'm a little confused as to what they actually are.
Speedway is a Mario Kart style racing game that's actually quite difficult. Takeover is a Diablo style arpg

As someone else mentioned, the PS4 Saga Bundle includes the PS4 DI 3.0 game disc, portal, Twilight of the Republic playset (w/ Anakin & Ahsoka figures), Rise Against the Empire playset (w/ Luke & Leia figures) and a Boba Fett figure.

The PS4 Vader DI bundle (ignoring the PS4 parts) comes with PS4 DI 3.0 game disc, portal, Rise Against the Empire playset (w/ Luke & Leia figures) and a Boba Fett figure. It does NOT include the Twilight of the Republic playset (w/ Anakin & Ahsoka figures).

So the values you're looking at are:

PS4 DI 3.0 game disc + portal = $15-25 (PS4 digital download is going for $20 through the end of the year, was $15 the other week)

Rise Against the Empire playset (w/ Luke & Leia figures) = $15-$25 (Most stores will have all the playsets on sale for $25 this week, normally $35)

Boba Fett figure = $35-$50 (Would be $14, but he can't be bought individually until January so this is your ace.)

If you look at eBay completed listings from others selling off the DI parts of the PS4 Vader bundle, you'll see prices around $60-$80 shipped. Craigslist doesn't normally net you eBay pricing (though you'll find outliers from time to time depending on your area), so I'd say you should be aiming to sell the set locally around $70-75. You may have to sell the pieces individually to maximize, but that's more hassle.
Thanks for the help. I am simply looking at what it costs online at major retail stores and it's $114.99 currently. If I can't get $100, I will just get as much as I can for it.

Thanks for the help. I am simply looking at what it costs online at major retail stores and it's $114.99 currently. If I can't get $100, I will just get as much as I can for it.
what telamon is trying to say is that what you are trying to sell does NOT include everything that is included in the version you are checking prices on. unless you sumhow have the twilight of the republic set even tho it isnt supposed to be included in the vader bundle...

what telamon is trying to say is that what you are trying to sell does NOT include everything that is included in the version you are checking prices on. unless you sumhow have the twilight of the republic set even tho it isnt supposed to be included in the vader bundle...
Oh okay. All this time I thought it included the $114.99 with it. What is the product called by itself then? I need to know how much it retails for.

According to this site:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/16/star-wars-ps4-bundles/

Here is the description:

"And, to celebrate the launch of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, we’re releasing a Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle available exclusively at Wal-mart on November 17th. The package will include the Darth Vader-inspired 500GB PS4 system (CUH-1200 series) and DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller, as well as the Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars Edition PlayStation Exclusive Hardware Bundle Kit. The kit includes a physical copy of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the Disney Infinity Base, the Rise Against the Empire Play Set Pack (featuring Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa figures, as well the Rise Against the Empire Play Set piece), and the Boba Fett figure, exclusive to PlayStation through this holiday. The Limited Edition Disney Infinity 3.0: Star Wars PS4 Bundle will also include a digital voucher for the four classic Star Wars games mentioned above."

I am just confused because I know nothing about Infinity stuff and just want to see how much this costs in the stores or online so when I make my post, I know what to call it and price it accordingly.

About to pull the trigger on the Rise against the empire set, any updates if Leia will be offered individually later on?  I already have the Luke FX and would hate to double dip.

You have the rise of the empire set, the game, base, and boba Fett figure.
I have Rise Against the empire and are these ONLY included with the PS4 Vader bundle? They are not sold anywhere else as part of ANY package? As I understand it, Boba Fett is the only one that can't be bought unless you get this system bundle correct?

I have Rise Against the empire and are these ONLY included with the PS4 Vader bundle? They are not sold anywhere else as part of ANY package? As I understand it, Boba Fett is the only one that can't be bought unless you get this system bundle correct?
Ok let's break this down because it seems difficult for you to grasp. Here are the ways to get EVERYTHING that is bundle related for SW DI 3.0.

Starter Set: Game, Base, Anakin, Ahsoka, Twilight of the Republic playset

Saga Bundle: Game, Base, Anakin, Ahsoka, Luke, Leia, Twilight of the Republic playset, Rise of the Empire playset, Boba Fett.
Darth Vader Console Bundle (what you got): Game, Base, Luke, Leia, Rise of the Empire playset, Boba Fett.

The ONLY thing you cannot get (YET!) is Boba Fett. Everything else can be bought by itself, even the Twilight of the Republic set.

Man I kinda can't believe this conversation is still going on too... Oh well bought these sets at BestBuy, thanks for the heads up, just waiting on FX Vader and the Force Awakens crew
f5774d75c2d2278c616318f7d9951c09.jpg

Rise Against the Empire is going for $24.99 at Target.

I simply have to price out the rest.  I see one Boba Fett on CL for $50.  I have the physical game too.  My bundle is worth $80-$100 so thanks for all the help guys.  I'll let you know what I sell or trade it for.

Where is Hera? We need Hera!
You get Hera and the Ghost for activating the game. But they aren't playable.

Ironically, I had the same trouble finding my kid her action figure. You would not believe how hard she was to find.

ALMOST, but not quite, as hard as Chopper. And she's vastly more important.

Ironically, I had the same trouble finding my kid her action figure. You would not believe how hard she was to find.

That's true but if they're not playable it just ain't worth it. I want everyone playable.

I still want a Hera figure to display next to the other crew members of the Phantom

i have yet to find a vader FX in the wild, the toysrus next door to my work ive been checking daily and they dont even know that he exists, not to mention every single darth vader figure has been sold out for at least a week.

i have yet to find a vader FX in the wild, the toysrus next door to my work ive been checking daily and they dont even know that he exists, not to mention every single darth vader figure has been sold out for at least a week.
There's plenty near me, but they don't qualify for the 2 for $22 because they are $1 more than regular figures. Damn, why couldn't Disney give Vader to BB, instead of crappy old, I-and-everyone-else-who-owns-Infinity-already-have-one Anakin? God damn these forever exclusivities!

I grabbed all of the 4.99 disc packs yesterday, thanks for the heads up. Actually kind of hyped to use the Slave I, even if it's just flying around in the toybox.

My local walmart put out all the force awakens stuff today. Playset, discs, kylo and Poe. Was gonna buy the set but the paint on the figures they had were just terrible..

My local walmart put out all the force awakens stuff today. Playset, discs, kylo and Poe. Was gonna buy the set but the paint on the figures they had were just terrible..
Register would have blocked the sale. Plus they aren't usable until Friday when the update is out.

You have to wonder if they only made 6 FX characters because they had to be exclusives and that's how many major Infinity retailers there are.

Why those 6 though? I'd have though Ezra would have been popular than Kanan -- or at least he is with my son.
Similar with Ahsoka, in general a pretty popular character. Wonder if they skipped her because they would have had to light up 2 lightsabers....

That's exactly it. An article over at Infinity Inquirer states that only the characters with single/short sabers were chosen because they could not light up too much very adaquately. 

bread's done
Back