Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa. I am totally okay with mixing up the first name, but I CANNOT BELIEVE that I've had his last name wrong for so many years!

Shameful!

Now for the right thread. How do you guys go about storing all your figures?
There's these awesome Snapware ornament cases they only have at Walmart around Christmas. I hope someone has found a better solution, because they were hard to find last year (found a bunch, bought 2, went back the next day for more, and they were all gone!), as they sold out quick. This year, a lot of WMs aren't carrying them at all. I found 2, but one was broken, and I need 2 more.

I just have mine littered over my desk and entertainment center hahah and as you can see on the right of the one there are roughly 15 of the newer figures all still shoved in crates still in their boxes!

ab658028f7d6aff79bcd793f37f7c0f8.jpg
b2362dd830dff2b6367bf8a7b6503cf7.jpg

Is there anything worth picking up at the Disney World theme parks for Infinity at this time? I've picked up the starter set, an additional playset, and a few figures for my kids and I to play already. If there is anything specific or time limited to the parks to get they would be into it.

Is there anything worth picking up at the Disney World theme parks for Infinity at this time? I've picked up the starter set, an additional playset, and a few figures for my kids and I to play already. If there is anything specific or time limited to the parks to get they would be into it.
I was just at Disney world on Thursday. Nothing is exclusive to the parks. The only thing that KINDA is are the magic bands for the park and the cruise. They unlock stuff for the toy box, but there are no figures or anything just at the parks.

I was just at Disney world on Thursday. Nothing is exclusive to the parks. The only thing that KINDA is are the magic bands for the park and the cruise. They unlock stuff for the toy box, but there are no figures or anything just at the parks.
I figured, but thanks for confirming. No need to spend even more time in the gift shops, then :)

I can surprise them with the Magic Band thing later :)

If you can find them, these work rather well and they're cheap. I have 6 of them.
If is the operative word. Sold out at every GS within a hundred miles. I actually bought a set of those when I first got into Infinity, but took them back when I discovered the ornament cases. These would be great for the lightsaber characters, who are too fragile (the sabers are, anyway) to be stored in a box.

Some of my Best Buy figures came in today - double stuffed into small padded envelopes. It's a good thing I was planning on opening these as the packaging is pretty much mangled.

Edit: Actually, they sent some two to a bubble mailer and then some singles securely in their own boxes. Crazy.
I had a similar experience. Actually, I think it was one of my TRU shipments that had the HUGE box with loose figs, and also a couple that had come loose from the cards. REALLY NICE PACKING JOB, GUYS. I have had some in bubble mailers from BB, too. It's a real crapshoot with how these figures are gonna arrive.

If is the operative word. Sold out at every GS within a hundred miles. I actually bought a set of those when I first got into Infinity, but took them back when I discovered the ornament cases. These would be great for the lightsaber characters, who are too fragile (the sabers are, anyway) to be stored in a box.
They come in stock now and again online, and some stores a ways away from me have them. That's how I have 6 of them. Granted this is very YMMV but more info couldn't hurt those who are not aware of this.

Well it's a small world, because I was too :D

I bought one of the BB-8 cups from right outside the Launch Bay. Even got to meet Lord Vader with no wait due to the Disney Visa Imperial Meet n Greet xD

Well it's a small world, because I was too :D

I bought one of the BB-8 cups from right outside the Launch Bay. Even got to meet Lord Vader with no wait due to the Disney Visa Imperial Meet n Greet xD
i was at Disney Springs, didn't see the movie there sadly, but hung out for a few hours and spend $150 or so on Star Wars merch.

TRU has a special Rein-deal today. 3.0 starter packs are on sale for $49.99 plus you get a Toy Box game disc and any 2 characters for free

The $15 BB-8 that you can get a fountain drink in? I got one of those when I was at Studios earlier this month. Saw the Force Awakens scene in Star Tours too. Twice.

The $15 BB-8 that you can get a fountain drink in? I got one of those when I was at Studios earlier this month. Saw the Force Awakens scene in Star Tours too. Twice.
Good.. because if you didn't someone broke it. It's TFA until March on Star Tours. Then it gets cycled back into the mass of other choices.

They come in stock now and again online, and some stores a ways away from me have them. That's how I have 6 of them. Granted this is very YMMV but more info couldn't hurt those who are not aware of this.
True, just because the website says it is not in stock doesn't always mean it isn't (and vice versa).

[quote name="Saix_XIII" post="13117721" timestamp="1450892705"]The figures are the old 1.0 crystal figures. I suppose it isn't a bad deal, but not as cool as it seems.[/quote]
Wasn't aware it was just the crystal figures. Not so hot.

Anyone has a link for list of all the disney infinity figures and their variations in one page?
Even the upcoming ones?
I started using the My Disney Infinity Collection app and the free version has a fairly complete list of characters and variants.

i was at Disney Springs, didn't see the movie there sadly, but hung out for a few hours and spend $150 or so on Star Wars merch.
Yeah, we wanted to see the movie at Disney, but only had so much precious Disney time. We saw it yesterday, our first day back :D

Yeah, the BB-8 cup is awesome. There was a really sweet Boba Fett shirt at World of Disney, but sadly, they only had like 10 smalls. like wth. lol

Yeah, we wanted to see the movie at Disney, but only had so much precious Disney time. We saw it yesterday, our first day back :D

Yeah, the BB-8 cup is awesome. There was a really sweet Boba Fett shirt at World of Disney, but sadly, they only had like 10 smalls. like wth. lol
This was my haul from my day in Orlando, a few things were not from Disney.

The popcorn bucket and cup were from a Regal theater doing the marathon in Orlando. Only those theaters got the bucket (most theaters got the cups, but they sold out fast). Only two got them in the state of Florida, so was happy to get one. There were 4 different styles.

Poe I got in the mail that day from Target so I tossed it in the photo.

I wasn't a big fan of the pin from RotJ, but I realized after looking at it for a bit that it was the "title" pin from Star Wars Weekends 2015, which is the final SW Weekends Disney is doing. I was able to attend 3 of 4 first weekends in 2000, so when I realized that I had to get it, bookends as it were.

12360040_10208493569802575_8382133039019059549_n.jpg

Overstock has the Guardians of the Galaxy playet for 18.xx and I grabbed the Spider-Man one a couple of days ago (seems to be getting rare) also for 18.xx. The price on Spider-man shot back up to $32 but it's worth keeping an eye out

http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=disney infinity&TID=STD1
As of a couple days ago when I placed an order, WMart had the GotG set for about $17 shipped. TRU has it for $15, but that's only if you can find one in store--they won't ship it. There's one in Pearl, MS, FYI :D

Yeah, that Spidey set is really holding value, it seems!

Ok, new to DI 3.0, got it today from Target for $32 on PS4.

How's the deal from Best Buy with the 3 for $30?  I have GCU so it's only $24 for 3 figures, that a decent deal?

Anything else I should know or consider before just loading up on all the Star Wars characters from BB?

How's the deal from Best Buy with the 3 for $30? I have GCU so it's only $24 for 3 figures, that a decent deal?

Anything else I should know or consider before just loading up on all the Star Wars characters from BB?
There are exclusive Light FX characters spread across various retailers, their lightsaber blade lights up while on the base.

Target has Yoda
Walmart has Luke
Best Buy has Anakin
Toys R Us has Vader
Amazon has Kanan
Gamestop has Obi-Wan

How's the deal from Best Buy with the 3 for $30? I have GCU so it's only $24 for 3 figures, that a decent deal?

$8/ea is about as cheap as figures get during their first year on the market. Snag them while you can.

You need to use the Disney app. If a store is out of them, they'll order it for you.... and if you're going to be within the park you can arrange to pick it up at a more, suitable location. It's really nice when I'm looking for stuff there. But I Pin Trade so it makes it a pain in the arse because that's NOT very good in the app. But any merch (especially if it's in WoD or the Toyshop)

I wasn't a big fan of the pin from RotJ, but I realized after looking at it for a bit that it was the "title" pin from Star Wars Weekends 2015, which is the final SW Weekends Disney is doing. I was able to attend 3 of 4 first weekends in 2000, so when I realized that I had to get it, bookends as it were.

12360040_10208493569802575_8382133039019059549_n.jpg
Saix, yea, that's part of a set. Same with the Boba ship.

There were a couple of ships (Boba, Skiff, and At-At I believe). Death Star. The 3 original movie fold outs. They also released a box set of the helmets and a couple of movie pins.

They're up on the wall and my phone/camera is across the house. I can take a pic if you're interested.

P.S. Holy Crap! I attended the last star wars weekend?!?!? I wonder how much my Star Tours custom badges will be worth. Nice.

You saw the list of FX characters. Do not buy any regular versions of those figures, you'll only end up trading them in later. A light up lightsaber really does make the difference. Grab the Anakin at BB, Yoda at Target, and any others you may find. Unlike standard figures, it's unlikely you'll be able to later pick these up on clearance.

You need to use the Disney app. If a store is out of them, they'll order it for you.... and if you're going to be within the park you can arrange to pick it up at a more, suitable location. It's really nice when I'm looking for stuff there. But I Pin Trade so it makes it a pain in the arse because that's NOT very good in the app. But any merch (especially if it's in WoD or the Toyshop)

Saix, yea, that's part of a set. Same with the Boba ship.

There were a couple of ships (Boba, Skiff, and At-At I believe). Death Star. The 3 original movie fold outs. They also released a box set of the helmets and a couple of movie pins.

They're up on the wall and my phone/camera is across the house. I can take a pic if you're interested.

P.S. Holy Crap! I attended the last star wars weekend?!?!? I wonder how much my Star Tours custom badges will be worth. Nice.
I never got into the whole Pin Trading thing, I am more of just a Star Wars fan, a big one at that, but more so then that Boba Fett (as you can probably tell by the stuff I bought).

The Slave I (Boba Fett's ship) pin was only in 1 shop that I went into at Disney Springs (and I went into them all over the course of 4-6 hours of walking around). They also sell Star Wars books and comics, and the shop only had like 7-10 of the pin. The price was rather high $25, but I was like "screw it" when I found out only 2300 were made, I was pleased with my purchase.

Were the other 2 movie pins part of 2015 or were they from previous years?

And sure share some photos if you want. A PM might be better since this is an Infinity thread and I don't want to clog or derail the topic.

On topic:

Disney Infinity TFA accidentally spoilers a movie plot point... not actually IN this movie. Obviously, don't click if you don't want a spoiler. It really isn't all that shocking though, mostly confirms what people assumed:

http://epicstream.com/news/Reys-Identity-Revealed-in-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Disney-Infinity-Game

Off topic:

The price was rather high $25, but I was like "screw it" when I found out only 2300 were made, I was pleased with my purchase.

Were the other 2 movie pins part of 2015 or were they from previous years?

And sure share some photos if you want. A PM might be better since this is an Infinity thread and I don't want to clog or derail the topic.
2015 Star Wars Weekend Swag

10257734_10208295484529928_1102575166594168612_o.jpg

The pins better displayed:

10556915_10208295487490002_3182730499959594580_o.jpg

The other helmets and TFA Pin sets I have:

12376258_10208295488050016_5218108697647476835_n.jpg

I'm still missing a couple of sets. There was a super limited run for TFA but because I can't actively camp at Disney....... I'm not willing to pay $500 per pin. They can KMA.

Pardon the non-mounting. I'm in the process of moving in so I haven't had time to get everything framed and mounted.

On topic:

Disney Infinity TFA accidentally spoilers a movie plot point... not actually IN this movie. Obviously, don't click if you don't want a spoiler. It really isn't all that shocking though, mostly confirms what people assumed:

http://epicstream.com/news/Reys-Identity-Revealed-in-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Disney-Infinity-Game

Off topic:

2015 Star Wars Weekend Swag
10257734_10208295484529928_1102575166594168612_o.jpg

The pins better displayed:
10556915_10208295487490002_3182730499959594580_o.jpg

The other helmets and TFA Pin sets I have:

12376258_10208295488050016_5218108697647476835_n.jpg

I'm still missing a couple of sets. There was a super limited run for TFA but because I can't actively camp at Disney....... I'm not willing to pay $500 per pin. They can KMA.

Pardon the non-mounting. I'm in the process of moving in so I haven't had time to get everything framed and mounted.
Were you able to trade for those Star Wars pins? I never find anything decent when I trade.

Were you able to trade for those Star Wars pins? I never find anything decent when I trade.
I got Luke (both of them) through trades, then I bought a bag or two. All those other pins (in the first pic) are the product of trading (unless they're on a card). Before we go my kid makes a list of the ones she wants to try to finish. We have a checklist so we don't just randomly trade people. I keep really good pins for the times someone has something extra nice on their lanyard. It's my way of giving back when I take something good from a lanyard.

Anymore 90% is knockoff garbage though. China's really ruined it. So we don't trade like we used to. Just a couple sets here an there.

On topic:

AngryJoe confirmed he actually says "Face Me" and after he gets hit he says "Curses". So...while the theory may be correct, the game does not spoil it.

Yeah. Watch the video again, right as soon as he finishes saying "Face me", his lifebar goes down from being hit, so he says "Curses!"

It's just dumb luck.

I mean, even if that wasn't what was said would it really surprise anyone if that was her true identity? At this point I feel like it'd be a bigger surprise in episode 8 or 9 if that wasn't her identity...

Article from 2018 - "'Star Wars Episode VIII- An Unexpected Union' takes a perverse and unanticipated turn when it's revealed that Rey is the daughter of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa."

bread's done
Back