Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
My Amazon Kanan Jarrus FX was initially scheduled to arrive on the 31st, but instead it arrived yesterday, along with my Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, which was scheduled for the 30th. My Mario Golf World Tour also arrived earlier than anticipated (though that was from a third party seller), so those complaining about the horribly long ship dates for your Kanans, you might end up getting pleasantly surprised.

As someone who has all the Star Wars playsets for 3.0 and is interested in the Avengers and Guardians Of the Galaxy playsets for 2.0 what's the cheapest way to get into that?

[quote name="Miker525" post="13122267" timestamp="1451113789"]As someone who has all the Star Wars playsets for 3.0 and is interested in the Avengers and Guardians Of the Galaxy playsets for 2.0 what's the cheapest way to get into that?[/quote]
Well let's see if I wanted them today I would try going to ToysRUs (Buy 1 Get 40% off) and see if I can get the Guardians set for in store pick up and the Avengers one online (Discount will still apply). I have no strategy on spider-man I still haven't seen him in stores (I started with 3.0 myself)

As someone who has all the Star Wars playsets for 3.0 and is interested in the Avengers and Guardians Of the Galaxy playsets for 2.0 what's the cheapest way to get into that?
Buy a cheap used copy of the 2.0 disc. Then find somewhere that still has those playsets

You need 2.0 software because the playsets won't run on 3.0. If you know someone who played in 2.0, ask if they have a spare disc, as at the time it was cheaper to get both the Marvel and Disney starters separately (even though the software and portals were redundant) to get the included figures and content. If you can get the disc for free, your portal will work and you can just buy the playsets.

If you have to pay even a penny for the disc, do some comparison shopping with the Marvel 2.0 starter. This includes the disc you will need, the Avengers playset (which comes with Iron Man and Black Widow), Thor, and two "toy box games" (much less robust versions of tihs year's toy box expansions).

If you want Stitch and/or Merida as figures, you can also buy the 2.0 Disney starter to get the software, those two figures, and two DIsney toy box games. That box doesn't come with a playset at all, so you really only want that option if you want those figures.

Try Toys R Us that's where I got mine just recently. I started with 3.0 but have been wanting the spiderman figure since it first came out but I never got it. Then the hunt started. Toys R Us marked it as available and when I went to pick it up they tried to hand me Iron Man and Black Widow. I wanted to murder them. I thought it was some sick joke. I drove 70 miles for nothing later I found another TRU that had it and this time I called them and asked them to confirm it was the right one. They went to the back and confirmed it and I asked if he literally looked at it and held it in his hand he said yes and I was on my way. I suggest you do that just in case. Keep checking when I first started looking there was no store that had them and then a few then nothing. Just dedicate some time and effort. If you don't feel like trying amazon has it for 28$.

Guardians playset is meh I have it and to be honest I didn't really enjoy it. I see it on the toys r us website check your local stores. It's 15$ if there's one near you.

So how is the actual game play for 3.0 star wars? Apart from the collecting fun (?), is the game itself entertaining?

So how is the actual game play for 3.0 star wars? Apart from the collecting fun (?), is the game itself entertaining?
I've only played the Twilight Of The Republic set so far. Going to start the Rise Against The Empire set soon. For the most part found the set rather short in terms of main story. If you go for completing everything though it can take some time. Overall it was pretty entertaining and I had fun with it. Enough so to buy both Rise Against The Empire and The Force Awakens.

As far as the 2.0 responses go thanks for giving me some tips. Might go check out TRU tomorrow. I'd rather just buy the play sets, but since I need to get the game disc as well I'm not really sure how to handle it. I'll do some research and hopefully I can get it decently cheap

Just a heads up, for anyone relatively new to Disney Infinity 3.0 and with a decent PC, it's worth downloading the Disney Infinity 3.0 program on Steam or directly -

https://infinity.disney.com/pc-game

It's free and has demos for every playset and toy box expansion. It also rotates a sample of characters and power discs for you to try.

I realize this may be common knowledge for some, but for someone who is trying to resist the temptation to buy everything blindly, the PC version is a great way to weed out some unnecessary purchases (I played Starlord and didn't have much fun, so I'm returning the GotG playset for example and also the power disc set for the Clone Wars playset after trying a few of them out)

As far as the 2.0 responses go thanks for giving me some tips. Might go check out TRU tomorrow. I'd rather just buy the play sets, but since I need to get the game disc as well I'm not really sure how to handle it. I'll do some research and hopefully I can get it decently cheap
Gamestop has the 2.0 discs for $9.99 used or $8.99 w/ their rewards program. I believe they're also running a B2G1 free on used games tomorrow, but not 100% sure.

I thought about buying the 2.0 disc and some of the playsets, but it seems like 3.0 was a pretty big step up gameplay-wise and toy box-wise after 2.0 received rather lackluster reviews, so I've decided to stick with 3.0 and will buy a couple more Marvel figures once Battle Grounds is released next year.

Does anybody here mess around with the iPad toybox apps? Would the be any fun for a eight year old to mess around with? And is that purpose of the codes that come on the character cards?

Does anybody here mess around with the iPad toybox apps? Would the be any fun for a eight year old to mess around with? And is that purpose of the codes that come on the character cards?
Yeah he should like it. The codes unlock the digital characters for every non-console version of the game (PC/MAC/Android/iOS)

The lightsaber combat is great, and the areas are fun to explore, though the emphasis is on fun, with Leia an some rusted out robots, which might not be canon, but who cares? Some of the side missions are pretty lame, but most are optional, with the exception of Force Awakens, where many of these are mandatory to progress. The vehicle segments (Rise Against has the most of these) are cool, but often extremely on rails, with little to no penalty for dying. The games are pretty short, even if you include doing all the side missions, but they are fun enough that I started a second playthrough.

I thought the Republic play set had more content and fun (surprisingly) than Rise Against the Empire which seemed really short in comparison.
Rise had few three star missions (with secondary objectives mentioned earlier). Most of them, when you beat it, that's it, nothing else to do. It's also missing two major areas - Bespin, and the rescue of Han Solo. As is, the Sarlaac Pit serves no good purpose (other than a location to hid objects).

TFA, however, is more like Twilight.

Can someone clarify something ... I'm still kind of on the fence about going 'all in' with DI 3.0. As such, I'm trying to be really selective about the figures I buy.

So what I've been trying to find out is, do characters unlock exclusive items in the toy box or is it all based on playsets and achievements. For example, the Force Awakens - will having Poe as a figure unlock anything I can't get without owning Poe?

I've looked around online for some kind of database that lists every possible unlock in the toybox and what unlocks it but can't seem to find anything. Thoughts

Quick Question for the Xbox One users , In the Past 24 hours we have exchanged DI 3.0 starter set 2 times . The problem being that the 3.0 base doesn't  light up or work . But we have plugged in other bases ( DI 2.0 , Spyro , Lego ) that work fine. Is this common ? We saw a few other people returning DI 3.0 for other systems as well. HELP ! As I feel a third time would drive me crazy !

Quick Question for the Xbox One users , In the Past 24 hours we have exchanged DI 3.0 starter set 2 times . The problem being that the 3.0 base doesn't light up or work . But we have plugged in other bases ( DI 2.0 , Spyro , Lego ) that work fine. Is this common ? We saw a few other people returning DI 3.0 for other systems as well. HELP ! As I feel a third time would drive me crazy !
I think this is actually a common problem for DI 3.0. I had the same problem with my PS4 copy and after exchanging I had to swap out for 2 other bases before I got one that worked.

Best bet is saving yourself a headache and buying a used portal from Gamestop.

Can someone clarify something ... I'm still kind of on the fence about going 'all in' with DI 3.0. As such, I'm trying to be really selective about the figures I buy.

So what I've been trying to find out is, do characters unlock exclusive items in the toy box or is it all based on playsets and achievements. For example, the Force Awakens - will having Poe as a figure unlock anything I can't get without owning Poe?

I've looked around online for some kind of database that lists every possible unlock in the toybox and what unlocks it but can't seem to find anything. Thoughts
Each character unlocks a handful of things. Namely a mini version of themselves, and some stuff for the INterior. Plus each character gives you a 5% EXP boost. You also need all of the characters to get the ultimate unlock, which is a keyblade

Each character unlocks a handful of things. Namely a mini version of themselves, and some stuff for the INterior. Plus each character gives you a 5% EXP boost. You also need all of the characters to get the ultimate unlock, which is a keyblade
Do any of the wikis or fan sites give a complete listing of unlocks? Or just a list of every possible piece of content for the toy box mode?

Actually, the experience boost varies by character. I don't know how they factor it, but some are worth 5%, others are worth only 1%. That might explain why my characters are leveling so quickly.

Actually, the experience boost varies by character. I don't know how they factor it, but some are worth 5%, others are worth only 1%. That might explain why my characters are leveling so quickly.
Exp boost is based on release version of the figure. 1.0 are 1%, 2.0 give 3% and 3.0 give 5%. And having multiple of the same figure is additive.

Having multiple copies of the same power disc also give slight boosts. Two discs give 0.5%. Having more helps slightly, but I've not done complete testing.

Do any of the wikis or fan sites give a complete listing of unlocks? Or just a list of every possible piece of content for the toy box mode?
Isn't everything listed in the Toy Store? I could be wrong, but I thought that was a complete list with certain things marked with a lock if you didn't have access to them yet,

Nice that this is back - we've had it several times in the last month as they try to get rid of their 2.0 stock. Note the good news is that there is still unlimited free shipping, so you can check out every two figures. However, these guys will be coming from the back room stock of every Best Buy in America and is not for those of you who care about packaging.

Damn they have their hooks in me. Only wanted Hiro, but ended up grabbing Maleficent, Phineas, and Yondu as well despite deciding a while ago that they sucked.

Preface this knowing I have GCU ...

I can't explain it, but if I add 2 $7.99 characters to the cart, the price of each is $4.39 (after GCU and some type of discount), but if I then add a $13.99 figure, the price of the $7.99 characters drops to $3.79 (with the $13.99 figure dropping to 11.19 due to GCU).

My wife's cousin had given me his Guardians and spider-Man playset pieces, so this is a good opportunity to round out our Marvel collection with Green Goblin, Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon and Groot.

The next playset will be for Marvel figures, so keep that in mind if you're rounding out your 2.0 collection and want maximum playability. I'm debating picking up the Hulk and a few others, but I may just hold out for Antman, Vision, and Black Panther.

The next playset will be for Marvel figures, so keep that in mind if you're rounding out your 2.0 collection and want maximum playability. I'm debating picking up the Hulk and a few others, but I may just hold out for Antman, Vision, and Black Panther.
Definitely get Hulk - he hits the hardest and takes the least damage when hit. He's the character you call in when all your other characters fail, and one of the most fun to play as. His only weakness is his ranged attack is a charge, so he's a sitting duck to flying enemies (something they fixed in 3.0 with the aerial combos). Venom is another good choice. I play the Spider-Man set with him almost exclusively.

I was out last night and saw my Walmart clearancing all the 2.0 starter sets to $10, regardless of system, as well as a lot of Skylanders sets.

This is YMMV because Walmart clearance, but I've had my eye on the 2.0 Toy Box Starter pack for a while because it was $20 at Walmart. That's a pretty decent price for 2 figures, a set of expansion disks, and the software. I noticed that it was no longer $20 on Walmart.com or Amazon, but still $20 in store. Then I found it for $10 last night. Worth a look, maybe!

Now that I've seen 1.0 and 2.0 for $3 don't feel like I can bite for more. Wish I would have just picked up all the figures I didn't have at that time.

On my phone so can't post links easily, but power disc packs for 3.0 are $5 at GameStop again. But this time it includes the force Awakens set. Just picked it up an hour ago.

On my phone so can't post links easily, but power disc packs for 3.0 are $5 at GameStop again. But this time it includes the force Awakens set. Just picked it up an hour ago.
I can verify this. Picked up Rise Against The Empire and The Force Awakens Power Discs this morning along with the Infinity Play N Store. Only one at the only store I can find. Damn son.

bread's done
Back