Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
On my phone so can't post links easily, but power disc packs for 3.0 are $5 at GameStop again. But this time it includes the force Awakens set. Just picked it up an hour ago.
Thanks. Pricematched it at Walmart. Completes my 3.0 power disc collection launched so far and likely my only TFA content for a while.

Got Light FX Yoda and Wreck it Ralph playset at Target, the 50% ended up being taken off of my two Skylanders. But, the Wreck it Ralph set was on clearance, so I wasn't too miffed about that.

On my phone so can't post links easily, but power disc packs for 3.0 are $5 at GameStop again. But this time it includes the force Awakens set. Just picked it up an hour ago.
Nice thanks for the heads up! Picked mine up 10 min before close lol I just got an email from amazon that my play set is getting here early. Good looking.

If I own 3.0 and want to buy 2.0 digitally, do I access it within 3.0? Or does it show up as a separate game on my Ps4?

Gamestop: http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-disney+infinity+power+disc+pack,28zu0,13162

Amazon matched the Force Awakens discs: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Infinity-3-0-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B015UA1LDY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1451335248&sr=8-3&keywords=disney+infinity+3.0+discs

I'm so tempted to pick up most of the Marvel figures at BBY. I'm not the biggest Marvel fan, but I do enjoy the movies and the figures look pretty cool. I figure this would be a cheap route in getting most of the collection minus Hulk and the Guardians and Spiderman playsets. 

So let me get this right these have been on sale for quite awhile at GS and other than this thread no mention but Amazon matches this and it gets front page? Everyone is all excited now that Amazon matched are you people afraid to go B&M or something?

Damn those figures are cheap at Best Buy. All I have left of 2.0 to get is Ronan, but here I was thinking I was going to bail on Infinity...gah, CONFLICTED!

So let me get this right these have been on sale for quite awhile at GS and other than this thread no mention but Amazon matches this and it gets front page? Everyone is all excited now that Amazon matched are you people afraid to go B&M or something?
A lot of people just don't like supporting GameStop for their bullshit practices. I tend to also follow that mentality but will shop there occasionally for specific things that GS may have that others don't or if their prices are really that much better.

I avoid shopping at GameStop because you can never find a new copy of pretty much anything.  If it's not marked as used, then it's a "we opened it to put the case on the shelf, nevermind all the scratches and fingerprints, we swear it's not used" new copy.  Shopping Amazon lets me avoid the headaches.

On an unrelated note...  For the Star Wars sets; do you need to have seen the movies to understand and enjoy what's going on, or is it like Lego Star Wars where you can enjoy the game even if you're not a fan of the movies?

The idea that buying new from Amazon saves you the headache is silly. They are not exactly great at packing things well. It is just a different set of potential headaches.

For the most part, I rarely ever have problems with Amazon's packing.

Bestbuy's, however, gives me headaches.  I don't think I've received a game or a movie in over a year where the disc hasn't been off it's holder inside the case.  I ordered a couple Lego Dimension Fun Packs recently and they both arrived with their boxes completely crushed.

I've been an Amazon shopper since 2006, however, and the only times I ever recall any issues with them (aside from using Surepost instead of regular UPS) is that a couple books has their corners bent, which I promptly exchanged for good copies.

So, I guess the Force wasn't with my Luke figure from the Rise of the Empire playset I got. Opened it carefully and as soon as the figure was free, his Lightsaber fell right off. lol

:(

I try to buy things from Amazon when they are the same price as somewhere else. GCU ends up beating Amazon alot if the time so I do go to Best Buy or order from them, but GS rarely beats Amazon. When the price is the same, I order from Amazon for the free prime shipping and the fact that I get more cash back from their partnerships with Chase bank.

I try to buy things from Amazon when they are the same price as somewhere else. GCU ends up beating Amazon alot if the time so I do go to Best Buy or order from them, but GS rarely beats Amazon. When the price is the same, I order from Amazon for the free prime shipping and the fact that I get more cash back from their partnerships with Chase bank.
I use the Amazon Prime Store Card to get 5% off everything charged to the card.

So MS has the 3.0 software for $15.00. I have a 2.0 portal, but nothing 3.0. Are there any deals right now that would make this a cheaper starter set than just buying the starter set itself? Just looking to try it out before spending alot of money... Thanks

I avoid shopping at GameStop because you can never find a new copy of pretty much anything. If it's not marked as used, then it's a "we opened it to put the case on the shelf, nevermind all the scratches and fingerprints, we swear it's not used" new copy. Shopping Amazon lets me avoid the headaches.

On an unrelated note... For the Star Wars sets; do you need to have seen the movies to understand and enjoy what's going on, or is it like Lego Star Wars where you can enjoy the game even if you're not a fan of the movies?
For the Twilight of the Republic and Rise Against the Empire sets, no. For the Force Awakens set, yes. Twilight takes place during the clone wars cartoon series and Rise changes the story a lot. Force Awakens closely follows the movie however

Not a deal, but for anyone playing Disney Infinity, be sure to take a look at the carbonite block in Jabba's palace in the Rise Against the Empire playset.  I got a good chuckle out of it.  :)

Yeah, I'm waiting on buying him until there's news if there will be one or not.

On the same note, why doesn't Darth Maul have one too? =/
From infinityinquirer:

The only problem with the way Disney designed these figures is they couldn’t get enough power (or perhaps get the wires in there safely) to light up two light sabers. Looking at the results, the team just wasn’t satisfied or felt any two light saber characters would be able to be up to the same quality as their one light saber counterparts. This is why we don’t have a Light FX figure for Darth Maul or Ahsoka. You may be able to draw the same conclusion regarding Kylo Ren as well, though his design is a bit more complicated as well.

So I ordered the Guardians of the Galaxy playset for store pickup at a TRU somewhat close to me, and about an hour later the store called me telling me they don't have it in stock and would issue me a full refund after canceling it. I haven't received any cancellation email, but I did receive an email telling me the item is ready for pick up strangely. I am going to give them a call when they open, but just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with TRU. I ordered a backup playset from Walmart, but would rather get it from TRU since it's slightly cheaper.

So I ordered the Guardians of the Galaxy playset for store pickup at a TRU somewhat close to me, and about an hour later the store called me telling me they don't have it in stock and would issue me a full refund after canceling it. I haven't received any cancellation email, but I did receive an email telling me the item is ready for pick up strangely. I am going to give them a call when they open, but just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with TRU. I ordered a backup playset from Walmart, but would rather get it from TRU since it's slightly cheaper.
Not for Infinity figures, buy they did that to me two Christmases ago, when I ordered a Little Tikes car. They ended up not having the car

I can tell you that this set is pretty rare in TRU stores these days. As far as I could tell, the only one in the SE USA was in Pearl, MS. I ordered from WM instead of asking a friend to pick up the one in MS for me.

I'm guessing they don't have it in stock..

I can tell you that this set is pretty rare in TRU stores these days. As far as I could tell, the only one in the SE USA was in Pearl, MS. I ordered from WM instead of asking a friend to pick up the one in MS for me.

I'm guessing they don't have it in stock..
I was surprised there was a store within 25 miles of me that actually had it. I'll give them a call just to make sure and to make sure they will cancel it for me. At least Walmart seems to have it for ship-to-store status. Just have to wait a week or so.

Now I need to get my hands on the Spiderman set. Hoping I can find a decent deal on it.

Crossposting from the Best Buy Jan. 3-9 thread, since you all probably have a better feel on if this is a good price or not.

Games:

• :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :wiiu: Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack $39.99 Save $25
Deals:
  • Save $10 on all Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Playsets
Was looking at updating to Disney 3.0 in the next few months. The Disney Infinity 3.0 download game is $19.99 (until mid-January before going up to $29.99), so that'd make the Twilight of the Republic playset effectively ~$12 (GCU to bring total cost to $32 - $20 for game as GCU can't apply there). Then the other 3.0 playsets come down to $20 each ($35 -$10 - GCU). Overpriced toys aside, if you were planning to get them anyways, this is a good deal, right?

Whole Star Wars set of Disney 3.0 playsets (includes the 6 Star Wars figures) + game => $72 + tax

Edit:

The 3 for $30 came out to $8 per figure for 3.0, so applying that pricing here, it'd be $48 for the figures and $24 for the full Star Wars Disney 3.0 game across Clone Wars, OT, and TFA. That seems pretty good to me!

whereabouts is the sale for the playsets? i think im only missing the force awakens playset because i bought the boba fett package thingy on black friday, and from what ive seen it comes with the luke and leia playset, and the anakin and ahsoka playset (i think thats the standard one for all starter packs?)

just wondering because im wanting to grab the force awakens playset if its ona  good sale, and possibly the guardians of the galaxy set too ( i really just need the crystal ship, i have all characters from 2.0)

So MS has the 3.0 software for $15.00. I have a 2.0 portal, but nothing 3.0. Are there any deals right now that would make this a cheaper starter set than just buying the starter set itself? Just looking to try it out before spending alot of money... Thanks
The 1.0 and 2.0 portals works with 3.0.

Xbox 360 portals only work on the Xbox 360. Xbox One portals only work on Xbox One. Both due to MS licensing requirements.

Wii, Wii U, PS3 and PS4 all share the same portals.

You can get a cheap used portal at GameStop.

Compare this to waiting for a sale where you can get the 3.0 starter pack for $35 to $40.

Does anyone know why my light fx figures will not work on the xbox one version of infinity, but they work fine on the ps4 version?

Does anyone know why my light fx figures will not work on the xbox one version of infinity, but they work fine on the ps4 version?
Some of the portal bases have weak radios. This causes the figures to loose sync when you play with more than one power disc under them and also won't provide enough energy to power the Light FX figures. The Xbox 360 bases that came with 1.0 and 2.0 for me were like this. I switched to using my 3.0 base and the problem went away.

Some of the portal bases have weak radios. This causes the figures to loose sync when you play with more than one power disc under them and also won't provide enough energy to power the Light FX figures. The Xbox 360 bases that came with 1.0 and 2.0 for me were like this. I switched to using my 3.0 base and the problem went away.
Same here. My 1.0 base for 360 turned to garbage eventually and wouldn't read discs and figures (or would intermittently read them which was frustrating). The 2.0 base I got for the PS4 hasn't had any problems.

bread's done
Back