Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Comic book stores are still a thing and still do basically the same shit they did during the Death of Superman storyline. When Damian Wayne died a couple of years back my LCS bagged and boarded every issue, stuck them in a glass case, and charged $17 each for them. I don't think they even sold through every issue they had.

Still, that wasn't as crazy as the Death of Captain America. That shit came to the store already polybagged and they marked that up to $25 an issue. And people totally paid. The physical comic book business and the mainstream fans and collectors that support it is insane.

I'm on the super late train to this DI business.
With the recent sale I was thinking about possibly buying in for XB1.

My only question is, can you play as characters without having to buy them to place on the base? (IE unlock them or just DLC etc) This is new weird territory for me. lol
Nope. You have to put their figure on the base to unlock and play as them every time you want to.

If you don't want that, you should play the PC version.

I'm on the super late train to this DI business.
With the recent sale I was thinking about possibly buying in for XB1.

My only question is, can you play as characters without having to buy them to place on the base? (IE unlock them or just DLC etc) This is new weird territory for me. lol
Its simply a money trap plain and simple if you want this or that or some of those its going to always cost you.Best way to look at these figures and playsets is that they are physical DLC.. And thats mainly why I opened my eyes and said this is stupid, and in the long run not worth it.

Its simply a money trap plain and simple if you want this or that or some of those its going to always cost you.Best way to look at these figures and playsets is that they are physical DLC.. And thats mainly why I opened my eyes and said this is stupid, and in the long run not worth it.
Completely agree. I just bought into DI 2.0 and DI 3.0 over the past couple months. The Marvel and Star Wars tie-ins were what drew my attention. I got the Marvel stuff cheap and would have waited on 3.0, but my son just got into Star Wars and really wanted it.

DI reminds me a lot of Toy Story 3 on the ps3. Same concept, design and layout .. adding the base and figures for more characters and the design your own space, like Minecraft. My son likes the design your own stuff more than the playsets.

I've only played the first couple Skylanders games, and even though they are linear storylines, I prefer the game play of Skylanders to the designing of DI.

Personally, I'm done with DI after 3.0. I have a couple more Skylanders games in my backlog, though I'll need new parts to play sections of those.

Yes, but DLC doesn't have cool looking figures. Skylanders is definitely better as far as the main games go; I could care less about creating levels, though I would have loved it as a kid, when I had the patience to spend long periods of time using the Robot Factory to create levels for Mr. Robot. What Skylanders lacks is the three greatest franchises on Earth thrown together.

Yes, but DLC doesn't have cool looking figures. Skylanders is definitely better as far as the main games go; I could care less about creating levels, though I would have loved it as a kid, when I had the patience to spend long periods of time using the Robot Factory to create levels for Mr. Robot. What Skylanders lacks is the three greatest franchises on Earth thrown together.
Sorry just looked at them one day and thought to myself ugh whats the point

Since about 2 months ago I picked up Infinity fever and from nothing I now have all 3 games, all playsets except Inside Out, over 50 figures, and more power discs than can fit into a container. Even Light FX Yoda and Vader.  The crazy part is, I don't think I spent more than $200 on all of it because of insane sales.

As for playability, definitely Infinity, for one simple reason.   You can freaking SAVE THE GAME almost anywhere even in the Playsets.  Meanwhile in Skylanders, not only is it super linear, but sometimes you have to play for over an hour without being able to save!  Trust me, I know, I also have all Skylander games except the dumb new one.  Even Trap Team was dumb but I bought it anyway for some reason.  Much prefer Infinity.

Yes, but DLC doesn't have cool looking figures.
Indeed. If you want Diablo style Marvel action, you get more content without paying a single penny in Marvel Heroes than all of the paid content in DI 2.0 combined. All three playsets plus the toy box game discs are maybe the equivalent of a normal video game's worth of content at roughly three times the MSRP.

My collection spends most of its time in my daughter's dollhouse (on a rotation because they won't all fit), so she will know what the Avengers and Jedi are along with her princesses. Time spent actually playing Disney infinity is a small fraction of time spent with those figures.

To be fair, it seems like the toy box provides a lot of opportunities to just mess around. I kind of went all in with the DI 3.0 Star Wars stuff before Christmas, then pulled back before opening it and returned everything but the deluxe ps4 starter that was $60 after tax at BB, one powerdisc set and two light fx figures. Worse case I can still sell Boba Fett to offset costs, but I've enjoyed what I've played of the PC version.

Comic book stores are still a thing and still do basically the same shit they did during the Death of Superman storyline. When Damian Wayne died a couple of years back my LCS bagged and boarded every issue, stuck them in a glass case, and charged $17 each for them. I don't think they even sold through every issue they had.

Still, that wasn't as crazy as the Death of Captain America. That shit came to the store already polybagged and they marked that up to $25 an issue. And people totally paid. The physical comic book business and the mainstream fans and collectors that support it is insane.
Thankfully my comic shop doesn't pull stuff like this. They only raise the price on new issues if they're limited edition variant covers. And even then it's only by a few bucks. Plus they take 20% off all new release issues.

After seeing the Force Awakens, I'm now officially in with Infinity Star Wars. The Best Buy sale tipped me over the edge.

I bought so much DI crap over the past couple of weeks, but I essentially got the PS3 and PS4 Saga Bundles for free due to Boba Fett and selling the PS3 contents piecemeal once I was done with the content.

Everything else I have unopened. Sale prices were too cheap that I didn't want to pass them up, but if I change my mind down the road, I will return them or offload them on eBay. I have a feeling I might run into some issues if I returned this much stuff at once >.>

No harm done though, even with eBay fees and such I'd break even as it stands.

Found a pre owned Boba Fett at my local GS today. The guy said someone traded in an entire saga collection today. Win!

I'm going to leave it in the package and scrounge the busier GS stores around here to see if I can find 4 more figure I want/need and return to do that B2G3...

Will Disney Infinity 3.0 work when PSN is down?  I'm trying to launch the game right now but it says PSN is down.  Game hangs at the title screen and locks up the disc.  I cannot eject at all.

Found a pre owned Boba Fett at my local GS today. The guy said someone traded in an entire saga collection today. Win!

I'm going to leave it in the package and scrounge the busier GS stores around here to see if I can find 4 more figure I want/need and return to do that B2G3...
How much does Boba Fett go for at Gamestop? Shocked they haven't put some sort of $45 premium on the figure :wall:

Patric?

Some $6 2.0 figures at DisneyStore.com right now, and the GotG set is only $13. The Collector's Edition 2.0 set with all the Avengers and the huge Ice Troll base/display thing is $75.

Bah - ended up biting on the Force Awakens and Inside Out playsets at Best Buy for $19.99 (with GCU).  Now if me and the kids would just start playing the game again since we first opened everything else on Christmas Day.  We haven't touched it since.

Bah - ended up biting on the Force Awakens and Inside Out playsets at Best Buy for $19.99 (with GCU). Now if me and the kids would just start playing the game again since we first opened everything else on Christmas Day. We haven't touched it since.
My son is getting plenty of play time in 3.0 that he got for Christmas, but he could care less about the playsets and the extra discs.

[quote name="Saix_XIII" post="13137979" timestamp="1451956751"]Or that we are in the same FB group :p[/quote]
Had to let everyone know... I laugh when I read it too.....I thought he post the picture too

Will Disney Infinity 3.0 work when PSN is down? I'm trying to launch the game right now but it says PSN is down. Game hangs at the title screen and locks up the disc. I cannot eject at all.
That's disheartening. I can't answer the question because I don't know. Every now and then I go back and play some old game cartridges from when I was a kid or that I've picked up cheap at thrift stores. Ten years from now I guess I might not be able to play 6th or 7th gen games if the servers are taken down and I don't have all of the patches/dlc already downloaded.

Bah - ended up biting on the Force Awakens and Inside Out playsets at Best Buy for $19.99 (with GCU). Now if me and the kids would just start playing the game again since we first opened everything else on Christmas Day. We haven't touched it since.
my kids pretty much abandoned DI until I bought that toybox speedway add on and now they play daily.. my 3 year old has an obsession lol he used his christmas gift cards to get his own figures for it. He picked up Darth Vader last night with his last gift card and now has a whole list of characters im gonna have to buy

[quote name="Bri Bot" post="13138629" timestamp="1451994140"]Quick question. If I leveled up 2.0 characters in 3.0, will their level carry over when playing the 2.0 game?[/quote]
In my experience, no. But that may not be universally accurate.

Will Disney Infinity 3.0 work when PSN is down? I'm trying to launch the game right now but it says PSN is down. Game hangs at the title screen and locks up the disc. I cannot eject at all.
Yes it will work. You just have to disable the ps4's network connection. (Settings > Network > Connect to Internet). Unfortunately, the text creator won't work without a connection. Everything else (Tox box, Playsets, etc) works regularly.

Any remaining 2.0 characters are $5.60 in store at Target this week, too. And Stitch-in-a-box is around $7.
Legit. I just hit target and found a Ronan for $5.60. They had a ton of Alladin and on Rondu.

I also can confirm that the b2g3 is alive and well in stores at GameStop. One still had signage. The other didn't but it rang up properly. Also they had a huge box of characters in the back. Always pays to ask.

I'm thinking of getting rid of a bunch of my DI 1.0 and 2.0 figures. I have them all, and the majority have only been used once. Any suggestions on which ones to keep?

I'm thinking of getting rid of a bunch of my DI 1.0 and 2.0 figures. I have them all, and the majority have only been used once. Any suggestions on which ones to keep?
If you have a decent condition Spider-Man playset along with the figures that were packaged with it that you want to part ways with, shoot me a message.

bread's done
Back