Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone playing on Xbox One and want to get the online achievements done?

Im game but I have a weird availability range that probably wouldnt work for anyone

My tag is Ryuukishi634, fr me and we'll see if we can put something together.

I'm looking to get those achievement out of the way as well. My availability hours are weird also, but my tag is LordChabelo13

On a different note, I was checking my progress towards the keyblade and noticed Stich is not showing up in the collection or Hall of Heroes, even though I own the figure and use the character frequently. Every time I get a glitch like this I just make sure to level the character up a few times and it all straightens itself out. However, I maxed out Stich to level 20 on INfinity 2.0 and just shared ownership when I first used the character in 3.0, so I cannot level him up anymore. Besides getting another Stich (which I know is not required for the keyblade, but OCD) any other way to get the figure to register in the collection and Hall of Heroes section?

I'm looking to get those achievement out of the way as well. My availability hours are weird also, but my tag is LordChabelo13

On a different note, I was checking my progress towards the keyblade and noticed Stich is not showing up in the collection or Hall of Heroes, even though I own the figure and use the character frequently. Every time I get a glitch like this I just make sure to level the character up a few times and it all straightens itself out. However, I maxed out Stich to level 20 on INfinity 2.0 and just shared ownership when I first used the character in 3.0, so I cannot level him up anymore. Besides getting another Stich (which I know is not required for the keyblade, but OCD) any other way to get the figure to register in the collection and Hall of Heroes section?
Reset the figure and level him up again?

I noticed in the Kylo Ren announcement there are going to be several versions of the Star Wars Blu Ray released on April 5th, yet none are the 3-D version. Looks like the "no 3-D" Disney rule applies to Star Wars. Shame, as that was a good movie, and now I'll never be able to see it again, unless there happens to be a region-free international version, but I haven't even heard of that happening yet.

Edit:
According to an article on starwars.com, the 3-D version will be available "later this year." Not sure how reliable that site is, or whether it is connected to Disney, but it is some hope.
From what I understand, the major difference with these sets is that they include digital copies of the movies.

I really like the Marvel Battlegrounds set up for allowing 'trial' use of characters you do not own.  They automatically give you 15 trial tokens (each good for one round using a character you do not own) and you earn more with fights (I think I earned about 3-4 more in an hour); plus each week there will be a character automatically unlocked for trial that week (currently Black Panther).  This is a really cool approach that allows more characters to be accessible and makes it feel less like you've got to spend a ton of money to enjoy the game. 

The power disc implementation is nice - those show on across the playfield as items you can pick up to get a temporary effect; however so many discs don't seem compatible with the playset (maybe it's 'only' Marvel discs)... randomly trying 6 discs I found only Captain America's Sentinel of Liberty that applied (which was a Cap specific costume variant but here picking up the 'item' seems to yield temporarily increased power for anyone).  

It's not just 2.0 Marvel characters that Best Buy raised the price on. A few weeks ago Aladdin was on clearance for 4.99 (3.99 with GCU). I took him up to the register and he was back to full price. They gave it to me because they forgot to take the sticker down. As of yesterday, the other three Aladdin figures are still in the clearance section except the sticker has been changed to reflect the full price.

In all my years of getting deals, I have never seen things on CLEARANCE go back to full price! 

To be fair:  Infinity is a different beast.  Characters come and go in usefulness and it's not like a character from 1.0 can't be used in 3.0.  And UNLIKE Skylanders, each character is basically a one and done (with a couple of exceptions).

It's not just 2.0 Marvel characters that Best Buy raised the price on. A few weeks ago Aladdin was on clearance for 4.99 (3.99 with GCU). I took him up to the register and he was back to full price. They gave it to me because they forgot to take the sticker down. As of yesterday, the other three Aladdin figures are still in the clearance section except the sticker has been changed to reflect the full price.

In all my years of getting deals, I have never seen things on CLEARANCE go back to full price!
That actually happens a lot a Best Buy.

To be fair: Infinity is a different beast. Characters come and go in usefulness and it's not like a character from 1.0 can't be used in 3.0. And UNLIKE Skylanders, each character is basically a one and done (with a couple of exceptions).
Did something happen in Disney Infinity last month that made Aladdin more useful, or are you just talking in general?

Did something happen in Disney Infinity last month that made Aladdin more useful, or are you just talking in general?
General. Kids play characters they like. Aladdin just re-released on Blu Ray. Honestly, trying to figure out Disney is like reading tea leaves. Even worse when you add in Best Buy because there's so much crap at "managers discretion" there that it could be something as silly as "just get this stuff out of my store" and then when they realize that they're just going to get more of it in they resign themselves.

Disney sets initial msrp, All sales, clearance and promos are all at retailer discretion and they have all ebbed and flowed since the first games release.
It also depends on where you go, target stopped carrying 1.0 figures long ago, some Walmarts still have them and TRU still has pegs with of them at full retail. So it's not really some grand conspiracy to jack up prices.

Have you seen it happen at any other retailers, or just Best Buy?
I don't know about other retailers but stuff does go on clearance for a few weeks and then back up to full price. It's almost as if its just "on sale" but they say clearance to clear out some but not all of the stock.

No one is suggesting a conspiracy. Clearance generally means something different than a sale. That's all. Most retailers clearance things to get rid of old stock. With Disney Infinity figures this doesn't seem to be the case. 

Not sure if this is YMMV, but Gamestop seems to be having a buy TWO get THREE free on preowned figures, disks, and playset pieces.

I went in there today (a Long Island branch) just for a look, and the clerk told me about it. I walked out with playset pieces for Guardians of the Galaxy ($15), Rise of the Empire ($15), and Marvel Avengers ($6), as well as figures for Black Widow ($5) and Boba Fett ($15).

They charged me for Fett and the Guardians playset piece ($30 total) - the rest rang up as free.

So I just sold my PS4 Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars limited edition bundle set for $75 on craigslist.  That means I ended up spending $270 for my PS4 Star Wars Vader edition!  Not bad at all :D/ 

Holy crap, thanks for the heads up!

Thanks to sales, Disney Movie Rewards, and working an alt Walmart's Savings Catcher on dropped receipts I've managed to get the entire non FX Star Wars collection outside of Boba and the starter pack for $50.

Sick! My order consisted of a bunch of figures that were in stock in my local store and one that wasn't --now it says I have to wait until Thursday to pick up the whole order? lame. As long as I can pick it up eventually I'm a happy camper :)

My plan is to get to target first thing in the morning and have them price match, because you already know they are gonna allows the buy 1 get 50% off to go thru lol

Thank you and damn you! Just ordered 5 of the 3.99 figures, never gonna see them cheaper than this. Glad I waited on most of the 3.0 ones outside of the Light Ups

Eh? It keeps saying Disgust is not available despite being in stock here...guess she is shipping only? Was the only way it let my order go through

I hate myself for getting into this but alas I picked up 10 figures. Apparently my main account's GCU expired so im forced to keep game purchases on my alt account until i deem it worth it to re-up my GCU. 

Ordered Ultron for in-store pick-up; tempted by $4 Darth Maul and Quorra, but it's all about Battlegrounds from this point on...

Than

Thank you! I picked up both Ultron and Hulkbuster for a little over $3 with in store pick up and a rewards cert.

Ordered all 11 of the $3.99 figures. Used the $50 giftcard i got yesterday from turning in a 10 year old + laptop for the surface pro deal they had going on.

:)

i'll be mostly current with this sale. just missing the inside out playset, violet, and the new single packs they released on the 15th.

Its also telling me Disguist is not available at checkout despite showing in stock online and available for store pickup. Annoying...

I would have been mad if I had bought Hulkbuster and Ultron when they were 7.99 GCU hahaha. I got them both for christmas though so no burn there. I only collect the Marvel figures but I said what the hell and picked up Darth Maul for $3.99 because he is a badass and I'm going to need at least one SW figure when I eventually pick up 3.0 to play Battlegrounds.

Its also telling me Disguist is not available at checkout despite showing in stock online and available for store pickup. Annoying...
Does that leave you staring at the screen in "Disgust"? Then it is available ... :)

Seriously though, she isn't available for Store Pickup from what I can tell, shipping only.

Does that leave you staring at the screen in "Disgust"? Then it is available ... :)

Seriously though, she isn't available for Store Pickup from what I can tell, shipping only.
I was able to get around that.. It made me switch her to shipping to keep her in my cart but when I was going thru the "Select a Store" page for my 10 and I switched her back to Store Pickup and it let the order go through

Check this. Almost evey 3.0 figure trades in for $6 at GS ($6.60 if you have PUR pro) _and_ this week they're trading for credit/cash at the same value.

Lamestop Trade-in $6 and put it back on floor $13.99. Totally RIPPING OFF :)
Hmm. Well the buy 2 get 3 is still active so for $28 you could get 5 of these new figures that I just traded in. In fact they give $6 each for those so they'll pay you $30 for those $28 in figures. There's a rip off here, but it's not GS ripping off the trader....

Forgot to mention: I was at target this morning and a bunch of 2.0 figures on clearance at $6.98/Ea are ringing at the b1g1@50% so you can pick up some folks you missed as 2.0 deals are scarce of late. I saw: yondu, iron fist, drax, tinker bell, stitch, and Merida. No deal for stitch or Merida but the others are not bad at $10.50/pair; not an all time low or anything but it isn't terrible.

Just to put it out there. I am missing only 4 discs to finish all of my 1.0 and 2.0 set.

Gravity Falls Forest
Second Star to the Right
Stark Tech
World War Hulk Sky

Have a good bit of stuff for trade. Don't want to derail the thread so send me a PM if you have any of those for trade or even sale. Thanks :)

It doesn't save much but I was going to Target anyway. I did the PM + b1g1 50% off no problem. I asked if I was even allowed to do both and the cashier was more than happy to do it. It was a way difference experience than doing a PM + Cartwheel coupon. 

Toys R Us has all Disney Infinity, Skylanders, and Lego Dimension single characters for buy 1 get 1 for $1.

Good time to pick up the new figures who just came out. Ended up with Boba Fett and Ant Man for $8 each

So here's my plan for tomorrow. Anyone else happen to try this today? Just wondering.

I'd like to go to Best Buy and price match TRU's deals for the week, basically.

Want to buy Baloo, Black Panther, Vision & Ant-Man, price-matching the TRU Buy 1 Figure Get 1 for $1 deal.
Want to get the Zootopia and Marvel power disc packs price matching the TRU 50% off deal (Zootopia actually isn't on sale at Best Buy this week either, according to their website)

Basically just because I prefer to buy things at Best Buy for the Rewards Club points.

I'm HOPING... that the two figures I'm paying "full price" for at Best Buy, will still flag my GCU 20% off discount, but even if they don't I will still go through with the purchase, because it's still the best deal out there.

If for some reason they refuse to match any of it (Are they finicky about BOGO matching?), I plan to just drive across the street to Toys R Us and get them there, but like I said... prefer the reward points. Plus the potential for GCU to shave a bit more off.

bread's done
Back