Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of disc-related questions for anyone who can answer them:

Did they make albums for the 2.0 discs that have spots for all of the discs? The albums I have don't have spaces for a couple of them.

Did they make an album for the 3.0 discs, or are they going to? If not, what does everyone do to store/display them?

Thanks!
There are albums for 2.0 for almost all the discs.

Toys R Us has a decent one for the Disney ones, Best Buy at GS have the ones for Marvel (each unique).

Each one does NOT have spots for the two "rare" Marvel Discs (Falcon and Capt Marvel) and the two Aladdin textures. Beyond those 4 they fit them all.

No albums for 3.0.

So has gamestop gotten rid of the buy 2 get 3 free promotion, at least for online? All I see is a 25% off whenever I add any figures into the cart and no buy 2 get 3 promotion. Was hoping to get some of the 1.0/2.0 figures or playsets, but that really kills it.

looks like the 25% off is the only current, the b2g3 might only be in store possibly, i thought it was going to be a near indefnite thing becaus some stores cannot get rid of the figures, one of my local stores has gobs and gobs of figures and they arent moving.  

I'm just starting to give in to Disney infinty, unfortunate that I miss the Easter sale,

So I'm trying to find a good price for 3.0 starter pack, disney store have the star wars saga starter bundle at 69.99, is that the best price around?

I'm just starting to give in to Disney infinty, unfortunate that I miss the Easter sale,

So I'm trying to find a good price for 3.0 starter pack, disney store have the star wars saga starter bundle at 69.99, is that the best price around?
fuck dude. That's the highest price around.

Walmart is $49.99 regular price now. Id wait a few weeks and see if it went on sale somewhere. It's usually on sale for 39.99 somewhere every other week or with cartwheel or something.

Yep if you can get the Saga Edition for $70 that's not too bad of a deal. If you can wait it out I am sure you could piece together a better deal.

If you don't factor in GCU starter packs have been $35, playsets have been $25, and figures have been $10.

Figured I'd chime in with my Battlegrounds impressions. Haven't played it but watched my kids knock out the campaign in about 30 minutes. I find the whole thing really interesting as it's counter intuitive to what Infinity is trying to do. It's much more like Amiibo in that it unlocks character permanently. While the lack of most things Infinity is a big downer I have to say that it's quite good looking and show the 3.0 engine works really well the style Disney established with 1.0. My kids really enjoy messing around in VS. but I still think it should have had an MSRP of 20 even if all the sales put it around that at launch anyway.

Figured I'd chime in with my Battlegrounds impressions. Haven't played it but watched my kids knock out the campaign in about 30 minutes. I find the whole thing really interesting as it's counter intuitive to what Infinity is trying to do. It's much more like Amiibo in that it unlocks character permanently. While the lack of most things Infinity is a big downer I have to say that it's quite good looking and show the 3.0 engine works really well the style Disney established with 1.0. My kids really enjoy messing around in VS. but I still think it should have had an MSRP of 20 even if all the sales put it around that at launch anyway.
This is semi-true. It unlocked them for that session. If you turn the system off/close the game then you will need to add them again.

This is semi-true. It unlocked them for that session. If you turn the system off/close the game then you will need to add them again.
Huh. That kinda sucks. I thought that they stayed perma-unlocked for VS mode only. That sucks that you have to throw all of them on the base all over again the next day.

So has gamestop gotten rid of the buy 2 get 3 free promotion, at least for online? All I see is a 25% off whenever I add any figures into the cart and no buy 2 get 3 promotion. Was hoping to get some of the 1.0/2.0 figures or playsets, but that really kills it.
I'm a little disappointed in this, if I remember correctly the expiration date for the b2g3 was the same as this new 25% promo but it magically expired. I just bought infinity for my daughter and a bunch of figures, was planning to buy more and now the deal is over. I'll hold off until it returns.

I'm surprised the b2g3 lasted as long as it did once the DI3.0 figures became common place. The math on that deal just didn't work in their favor:

You get $6 in trade credit per figure ($6.60 if pro) so trading 5 got you $30 ($33) in credit; buying those five back with b2g3 only cost $28...

Regarding Disney Infinity figures, can someone recap the current in-store deals GameStop offers? (i.e. b2g1, etc.)

Man, toybox mode is amazing. So many things to create. I love making platform games in it. Collected a few old 2.0 figures, and wow princess Jasmine is OP. Also, Woody with a light saber is incredible.

Got half way out ... Couldn't fully embrace lots of little figures all over my place. Battlegrounds is fun but shallow, great if you have kids or 4 people to play with regularly, but not a great single player experience. Had really hoped it would add significantly more to the Toy Box mode.

A fighter mode that allowed for customizable arenas and any characters to be used would be a great addition to 4.0, now that they have the framework created by Battlegrounds. Also ignored the $3.99 figure sale even though the damn figures seem so tempting in the store.

I'll stick with my saga pack and make a few add ons here and there, but avoided going full Marvel for the time being.

I beat force awakens and rise against the empire. Force awakens was much better but both felt lacking
Probably the best play set for Disney Infinity 3.0 is Toy Box Takeover. The nice thing is you can play with any figure. It's just $10 at most places.

Wreck It Ralph Toy Box Set is $7.99 at Best Buy. GCU is giving an extra 20% off it seems for $6.39.
I already have a Ralph, otherwise I'd be all over this. Too bad is isn't cheaper to ship figures. Even if I sell my Ralph for $2.50+shipping, no one should buy it as that's almost the cost of this deal!

Does anyone know the Target DCPI for 2.0 Jasmine? I've been to two Targets in my area with the 2.0 figures on clearance for ~$6, but no luck thusfar. Website only shows an online-only "pre-owned" listing, which yielded 0 hits on brickseek.

Find the UPC from Walmart or Amazon and use that on the third party Target inventory tracker sites. This is how I tracked down the inside out characters the other week.

Does anyone know the Target DCPI for 2.0 Jasmine? I've been to two Targets in my area with the 2.0 figures on clearance for ~$6, but no luck thusfar. Website only shows an online-only "pre-owned" listing, which yielded 0 hits on brickseek.

Doesn't help that we're also entering the "summer" lull.  I don't expect major sales now until Aug/Sept when they clearance stuff in preparation for Christmas.

I can't imagine Captain America: Civil War will come out with no cross promotion from Disney Infinity; Battlegrounds seems tailored to tie into that film.

...And May the 4th being 'Star Wars Day'...

..And May the 4th being 'Star Wars Day'...
Which Infinity will celebrate on May 6th per the publication date of a paper magazine with the "exclusive" on the Finding Dory playset that is depicted on Mac and Cheese boxes across the country? :)

There's been not much in terms of sales, just dumb deals like full price playsets with a free figure.
"Dumb" was my initial reaction to the free figure with playset too, but do the math and it's actually a reasonably good deal, albeit very specific because you need a playset and the figure.

Best Buy's more common sales are $10 off playsets and $9.99 figures (i.e. $4 off, the same $14 in total discount), and you could go weeks before you're able to collect both promos (often not on the same week, which makes it harder to meet the shipping minimum). This week's round at Best Buy includes the Boba Fett single figure (not included in the mega Easter sale), the new release Kylo Ren FX, and the BB Exclusive Anakin FX (though he's on sale for ($9.99 and thus better to grab as a single if you can do store pickup). They've also built this as a credit back for the cost of the figure, which means the price of the figure is included for calculating shipping so you don't need filler to get to $35 (yes, they'll charge you shipping if you're at $34.99 for the playset). Bottom line, with GCU the MSRP playset with a free figure costs $28, shipped. Beating that number is possible, but requires you to wait months and then hope you can find the stock you need when someone does a clear-out.

Which Infinity will celebrate on May 6th per the publication date of a paper magazine with the "exclusive" on the Finding Dory playset that is depicted on Mac and Cheese boxes across the country? :)

"Dumb" was my initial reaction to the free figure with playset too, but do the math and it's actually a reasonably good deal, albeit very specific because you need a playset and the figure.

Best Buy's more common sales are $10 off playsets and $9.99 figures (i.e. $4 off, the same $14 in total discount), and you could go weeks before you're able to collect both promos (often not on the same week, which makes it harder to meet the shipping minimum). This week's round at Best Buy includes the Boba Fett single figure (not included in the mega Easter sale), the new release Kylo Ren FX, and the BB Exclusive Anakin FX (though he's on sale for ($9.99 and thus better to grab as a single if you can do store pickup). They've also built this as a credit back for the cost of the figure, which means the price of the figure is included for calculating shipping so you don't need filler to get to $35 (yes, they'll charge you shipping if you're at $34.99 for the playset). Bottom line, with GCU the MSRP playset with a free figure costs $28, shipped. Beating that number is possible, but requires you to wait months and then hope you can find the stock you need when someone does a clear-out.
Free figure is no longer applying to orders on BBY online for whatever reason ... even so, not sure how you got it down to $28 with GCU. Base set is $39.99, which is $31.99 GCU.

Anyone with experience on backordered items at BBY? I ordered a Wreck It Ralph set last week when it was clearance priced to be shipped to store for pickup. Never got a pickup notice, and when I checked the order status it had changed to backordered. They never sent me any sort of communication regarding the backorder. Been that way for a week and now the item is no longer listed on BBY website. Gettting the feeling this will just sit in backordered status until it eventually gets cancelled. Thoughts?

Anyone with experience on backordered items at BBY? I ordered a Wreck It Ralph set last week when it was clearance priced to be shipped to store for pickup.
BBY will auto-cancel items if they are on backorder for too long (I think about a month after you submit the order). Assuming this was the only item in your order and it was store-pickup, you should get your money back or can cancel without penalty if you get the item elsewhere in the mean time. Watch your card statement to be sure and be glad it isn't ship to home, because once anything in your order ships you can be hostage to paying shipping fees if you try to drop an item.

bread's done
Back