Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Having spent the Marvel and Star Wars franchises as headlined; would would have been the hook for 4.0 anyway?  'Disney Infinity 4.0: Miscellaneous Characters We Passed on Before!'

Having spent the Marvel and Star Wars franchises as headlined; would would have been the hook for 4.0 anyway? 'Disney Infinity 4.0: Miscellaneous Characters We Passed on Before!'
The general consensus is they would go back to Disney headlining, and rotate between the three each year. There are a ton more sets and characters they could do in Disney and Marvel.

Personally I think the whole article is suspect; it's obvious there has been a demand for cross-franchise play since 1.0 and I doubt Disney willfully resisted crossover content for 3 iterations but were really planning to go all in this next time but oops, it was cancelled instead... it's easy to say now the never to be version would have been really epic, but the reality is likely it would have been a continuation of past practices.

There is no doubt that if Disney Infinity did not die now; it would have keeled over if they were serious about $45 12-inch figures (duplicating those previously released)... that was a joke, right?
Depends what was in them. If they lit up and talked and were articulated, they might have been a really cool collection piece. $45 might have been a real stretch though. Maybe $25. They have been selling those sets of Avengers 12" figures at Target. And think about the Star Wars Black figures series that don't have any electronics in them.

When the Light FX figures were announced, some wanted them to be more special and higher priced to be real collectors pieces. I know I held out buying the figures until the Light FX were released (though I did wait for them to be on sale.) FX still got me to spend more on figures than I normally did. Most of my normal 2.0 and 3.0 ones were bought for $6 or less thanks to CAG and slick. I spent $9-10 on my FX ones.

And we know from JV media quotes that working through the Disney IP licensing was insane and that the marketing groups pretty much dictated what characters were made and tied to movie releases. That's why fan favorite stuff only got addressed slowly while new movie figures were a plenty. Peter Pan was only coming because he won a user poll. Gravity Falls only got power discs. And classic Disney was slow to appear - we didn't get regular Mickey and Minnie until 3.0? This is the House of Mouse for freak sake. WTF marketing drones?

Also JV said they had to push/beg to get permission to do Takeover combining the characters from the various properties. The critical success of Takeover combined with competition from Lego Dimensions mashup capabilities probably gave Avalanche an opening to pitch the combined story mode for 4.0. Whether higher ups within Disney would have actually greenlighted that is anyone's guess. But we knew Avalanche wanted to do that from the start which is what got Toy Box Mode in the first place and eventually Takeover.

I wish Disney would have either sold Avalanche off to another publisher willing to take up the risk or spun them out as an independent subsidiary. At least give it a fighting chance and fix the inventory mismanagement. Maybe even go all digital like with the DLC packs galore for the Lego TT Avengers and Force Awakens games. And keep pushing mobile. They where selling digital characters for $5 a pop without any physical manufacturing needed. Boom, no more inventory mismanagement possible.

But ultimately I think Disney's rigid IP segregation blinded them to the opportunity. That is the very mashups that the fans and devs were craving is exactly what made Disney management nervous. Disney very much wants to control the user experience and giving the customer an experience they could control and share with others is not a business model that Disney understands.

Also Disney is so profitable that they seem to always play it safe. You don't just have to be profitable, but you have to also have high growth. That's coming from a position beholden to maximizing short term gain to satisfy shareholders with high stock prices, not one for long term success.

Are playsets (Star wars in particular) actually 50% off in Target as the OP states?  The site has it as 34.99.  Thanks.

Too bad I haven't seen anything other than 1.0 power discs on 50% clearance in the half dozen stores I was at this week.
I haven't seen 1.0 power discs in a target in a loong time. I found one random Disney originals 2.0 power disc pack on clearance for $3.50 or so two nights ago and it rang up $0.84 with coupon and cartwheel. The item rang not found, but the special clearance sticker did ring and cartwheel applied automatically. I think the only stuff still in stores is stuff they missed when they sent most of the sku's back

Best Buy has a sale on several for $8.99.

I guess I'll grab all the Star Wars figures and a handful of the Disney ones. Wonder if I should just wait and hit up GameStop for the B2GET3 Free deal.

My Target marked its $6.98 clearance 2.0 figures up to $13.98. On the plus side, they now work with the Cartwheel. On the minus side, I'm no longer interested in buying them.

I just needed Vision, Ant Man, and Black Panther. Of course Vision is out of stock online and only available in stores (and my store is sold out) I was able to get the others for instore pick up. I guess I'll check the shelf when I get there to pick up this order. Could just be less than 2 on the shelf.

My Target marked its $6.98 clearance 2.0 figures up to $13.98. On the plus side, they now work with the Cartwheel. On the minus side, I'm no longer interested in buying them.
My Targets which had them last week miraculously made them all disappear. Aside from a few starter packs at $39.xx, that's it for the 2.0 stuff.

Anyone know if the Ps4 version of DI3 has lock up issues like the XB1 version? We are playing Rise against and it keeps freezing on Hoth (yes, I realize the play on words). It's very annoying.

Thanks.

Anyone know if the Ps4 version of DI3 has lock up issues like the XB1 version? We are playing Rise against and it keeps freezing on Hoth (yes, I realize the play on words). It's very annoying.

Thanks.
I never had any lock up issues on the ps4 version. Maybe I was just lucky though

I can't... the only time I see Lego selling is when some kids try to steal the stuff in the package and leave the boxes at our Target.

They never move... ever.
According to multiple retail sources, Lego is the best selling of the three and Skylanders the worst.
This is from Gamestop and ToysRUs

I could have sworn that I had seen Aladdin and Phineas on clearance on BB.com for $4.99 and 3.99, respectively, a couple weeks back ... but now they are both $9.99 each.

I could have sworn that I had seen Aladdin and Phineas on clearance on BB.com for $4.99 and 3.99, respectively, a couple weeks back ... but now they are both $9.99 each.
That's correct. The clearance prices were almost two months ago. They were removed from clearance and hve actually been those same prices again (two weeks ago?) since as a non-clearance sale. The prices are up and down all the time on a week by week basis.

Madness.

Thanks.
Outside a glitch or two, the PS4 version of Rise performed great. There was this one time the game minimized and brought up the browser when my internet went out though, I guess it had something to do with the connection to the Disney server being broken.

I have the XB1 version and have never experienced lock ups.
Okay. Thanks for the feedback. Loading that save game was causing the game to lock consistently after 3 minutes (requiring the system to be fully powered off and back on) just to have the game re-launch. Thankfully on the fourth try I was able to blast off into the space above Hoth and then come back down -- doing so seemed to reset the in-progress missions and as such the lock hasn't happened again (yet); other missions are working without locking up so hopefully there isn't some specific mission that will blow up on me in the future.

Back on topic of deals: I just traded some inexpensive BB figures ($3-$4) that my son will never care about into GS for $6 credit each before they wise up and lower trade in values. Now if I could only find a store with a Marvel Battlegrounds piece I might do the b2g3 one last time for old times sake :)

Thanks.
The XB1 version will lock up if you have the Rock Band legacy adapter plugged in at the same time as the base, though I usually can't get past the title screen when this happens. I wonder if other USB devices cause similar issues.

Grabbed the 2.0 starter set at Target...and found Tinkerbell and Aladdin hanging out behind some Kylo's. That made the traffic worth it (Tink, not Aladdin...he's everywhere on clearance). Was on clearance for $6.98 but it didn't stack w/my Cartwheel. I may need to make a return trip to price adjust.

Kanan Jarrus at Walmart is $5.67. Just make sure you have the cashier PM their website.

Best place to pick up the Marvel Battlegrounds playset right now?

Was going to hold off but it's disappeared from my 2 closest targets completely -- rest of their infinity section looks like normal, just Battlegrounds playset that they're OOS on.

Best place to pick up the Marvel Battlegrounds playset right now?

Was going to hold off but it's disappeared from my 2 closest targets completely -- rest of their infinity section looks like normal, just Battlegrounds playset that they're OOS on.
BB on the 22nd is having a sale, buy the Battleground playset and get any DI figure free...that's when I'm picking it up and likely I'll grab a Light FX figure or Hulkbuster.

Edit: Hulkbuster

Huge thank you to Wiinet for helping me out with some DI codes!! You rock man! Thanks!!!

I have no issues with the PS4 DI3.0.  BUT the only thing I have plugged in (minus controllers and the pad) is the USB extender (the one that makes the 2 USBs go to 4-5 USBs)

My Target had a couple Thor figures, and that was it for 1.0 and 2.0. I also stopped by one of the Meijer near me. They recently reorganized their accessory and Toys to Life sections with new marquees. Disney Infinity had three sections, by far the largest, each about half empty already. A lot of Aladdin and Jasmine sets in the "clearance" section for $20 though. Disappointing all around. 

Can anyone have the Marvel Battlegrounds playset explain the coin and unlocking system? I'm reading some reviews and getting some conflicting information.

So far the facts that I knows.

1 - once you put a disc on the plate, you own it for the duration of your session in both story and vs., i.e. you don't need to keep swapping figures or have the need to keep it on while playing.

2 - you can unlock playable characters with coins if you don't own the figure...but how long does the unlock last for? how do you earn coins? and how many coins can you earn typically while playing?

I'm still going to try and buy the figures I'd like to have for the sake of having (Venom, black custom Spider-man, Hulkbuster, etc), but I'd like to keep costs down to a minimum if I can. It seems insane to buy a game mode like this for $20-$30 and then have the need to drop another $100+ on a bunch more figures.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone have the Marvel Battlegrounds playset explain the coin and unlocking system? I'm reading some reviews and getting some conflicting information.

So far the facts that I knows.

1 - once you put a disc on the plate, you own it for the duration of your session in both story and vs., i.e. you don't need to keep swapping figures or have the need to keep it on while playing.

2 - you can unlock playable characters with coins if you don't own the figure...but how long does the unlock last for? how do you earn coins? and how many coins can you earn typically while playing?

I'm still going to try and buy the figures I'd like to have for the sake of having (Venom, black custom Spider-man, Hulkbuster, etc), but I'd like to keep costs down to a minimum if I can. It seems insane to buy a game mode like this for $20-$30 and then have the need to drop another $100+ on a bunch more figures.

Thanks in advance.
1) The "unlocking" system is a joke. It only works until you turn the game off. And it's only for multiplayer sparring matches, not the single player missions. So don't stress out over it.

2) The unlock is for a few hours. It's really just a sad gimmick to tease you with characters they want you to buy.

1) The "unlocking" system is a joke. It only works until you turn the game off. And it's only for multiplayer sparring matches, not the single player missions. So don't stress out over it.

2) The unlock is for a few hours. It's really just a sad gimmick to tease you with characters they want you to buy.
Thanks for the heads up...the hunt continues.

It's kinda cool that they let you use coins to sample the figures in matches, and the coins are easy to acquire, but I wouldn't substitute it for owning the actual figures.

On another note, I'm down to four more figures needed before I stick a fork in it. Black Panther, Ant-Man, Vision, and Poe Dameron will be the last 4 I need. I don't feel like I even want Poe at this point after already beating TFA playset but I'm going to get him for completion's sake.

I haven't decided on Finding Dory yet.  

I don't feel like I even want Poe at this point after already beating TFA playset but I'm going to get him for completion's sake.

I haven't decided on Finding Dory yet.
How would the Dory figures even work in Toybox? Do they just flop around like fish out of water?

Poe at least is one of the best looking figures of the Star Wars line. Can't go wrong with the rebel pilot uniform.

Also, I really wish they had made a Grievous.

How would the Dory figures even work in Toybox? Do they just flop around like fish out of water?

Poe at least is one of the best looking figures of the Star Wars line. Can't go wrong with the rebel pilot uniform.

i feel the same way about grievous- they give yondu a figure but not one of the clone wars' main villains!?

anyway- my local walmart has an overstock of woody figures from 1.0- might have to see if they're getting clearanced. somebody found some meridas for 25 cents each at walmart.

i feel the same way about grievous- they give yondu a figure but not one of the clone wars' main villains!?

anyway- my local walmart has an overstock of woody figures from 1.0- might have to see if they're getting clearanced. somebody found some meridas for 25 cents each at walmart.

I agree with Yondu and Grevious. Disney Interactive should have contacted Disney proper and have Marvel and Lucasfilm play ball with them. Its outrageous that they had to go through all those hoops to get certain characters in the game when Disney owns all the IP. Lego Dimensions had no problem with LICENSED franchises, but Infinity somehow does.

one of my local walmarts has han solo for 8 bucks. still need him so i'll go ahead and pick him up soon.

Got an email from Cartwheel this afternoon noting that 1.0 and 2.0 figures are 75% off now. Forgive me if someone mentioned this and I missed it.

I just hit a WMart with LOTS of random DI stuff left--way more than I usually see. A few things were on clearance, but they weren't cheap enough for me to even try and list them.

You figure finding dory figures will hover above the ground and do whatever they would underwater in mid air.

As for Walmart clearance, yes...most figures and play sets are marked and labeled clearance but the price on them are more than retail. 12.96 isn't really a clearance deal IMO. Hoping tomorrow some of the figures I don't have or wouldn't mind getting for trading is marked down to CAG prices.

I was able to order a Black Panther, Ant-Man and Vision from Best Buy for store pickup. I was debating on Han Solo, Chewbacca and Baloo but passed on them.

Oh man...Disney added new achievements for Marvel Battlegrounds and Finding Dory.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/disney-infinity-3/achievements/

Being an achievement junkie, I'm concerned about this one for Battlegrounds:

Great Collection

gp-g.png

Complete all Challenges in Marvel Battlegrounds

Since I don't have Battlegrounds (yet), I have to ask here. Are these challenges character-specific, or can any Marvel character do them? Watching some videos for the Challenge Mode, it looks like using specific characters unlocks special rewards.

I don't own the majority of Marvel characters, so I'm concerned about having to buy them.

Oh man...Disney added new achievements for Marvel Battlegrounds and Finding Dory.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/disney-infinity-3/achievements/

Being an achievement junkie, I'm concerned about this one for Battlegrounds:

Great Collection

gp-g.png

Complete all Challenges in Marvel Battlegrounds

Since I don't have Battlegrounds (yet), I have to ask here. Are these challenges character-specific, or can any Marvel character do them? Watching some videos for the Challenge Mode, it looks like using specific characters unlocks special rewards.

I don't own the majority of Marvel characters, so I'm concerned about having to buy them.
Challenges are all linked to characters ... if you want all the unlocks, you need all the characters. Welcome to Disney Infinity

Challenges are all linked to characters ... if you want all the unlocks, you need all the characters. Welcome to Disney Infinity
Eh, I don't particularly care about the unlocks. My main concern is if the 28 challenges in Challenge Mode can be completed by any Marvel character.

The achievement could be taken either way. It could mean just complete the 28 different main challenges, or complete them and the 28 character-specific challenges.

If my understanding is correct you wouldn't have to buy all 28 characters to do the challenges if you can "rent" them w/game coins...amirite?

The extreme option is to go and buy all the marvel characters, don't open the packs, put them on the bases to activate them and have a night of achievement unlocking...then, return them to the store saying you thought they were compatible with Skylanders.

If my understanding is correct you wouldn't have to buy all 28 characters to do the challenges if you can "rent" them w/game coins...amirite?

The extreme option is to go and buy all the marvel characters, don't open the packs, put them on the bases to activate them and have a night of achievement unlocking...then, return them to the store saying you thought they were compatible with Skylanders.
Yes, fraud. Good solution.

It's doubtful the figures would work while still encased in plastic/cardboad - errr... has anyone actually tried this? 

Perfect example of when a fun leisure activity crosses the line into unenjoyable burden.

bread's done
Back