Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so it appears a person I met via  FB Infinity group who became a friend...decided to get me a King Mickey D23 power disc as a birthday gift....

Thing goes for $150-200 on eBay....WTF! But I have no plans on selling it, big KH fan here (as you can tell by my username)

But I didn't even have a Mickey 3.0 figure to use it with LOL! Thankfully BBY has a sale for $9 for him, not as good as $4 or so, but I now NEED one to go with the disc.......

I now officially have every single power disc for Disney Infinity...wow

Well Im new to disney infinity I just bought the kylo ren light fx figure. Whats the bare minium I need to use the figure in game? Just infinity 3.0 starter set?

Ok so it appears a person I met via FB Infinity group who became a friend...decided to get me a King Mickey D23 power disc as a birthday gift....

Thing goes for $150-200 on eBay....WTF! But I have no plans on selling it, big KH fan here (as you can tell by my username)

But I didn't even have a Mickey 3.0 figure to use it with LOL! Thankfully BBY has a sale for $9 for him, not as good as $4 or so, but I now NEED one to go with the disc.......

I now officially have every single power disc for Disney Infinity...wow
You must have become one sexy friend.

Well Im new to disney infinity I just bought the kylo ren light fx figure. Whats the bare minium I need to use the figure in game? Just infinity 3.0 starter set?
Just need the starter set and while playing it you will have to find a token with his face on it to unlock him in that campaign. He automatically works in toybox though

Really regretting not buying the King Mickey disc for $50-$75 when they first started being distributed. eBay price now is nuts. Maybe someday I'll find one.

A bunch of Gamestops around here still have them. I think they're $80? Maybe less. With shipping that's cheaper than this auction.
Thanks for the heads up, it's even cheaper. $60, and includes more than I thought it did. I'm now considering ordering that and selling the extra starter set I just got on ebay. Though it may drop even more now that they've pulled the plug on Infinity...

I was able to get a Mad Hatter for 4$ this week at Walmart.
Bought the hatter and a 4$ clearances disk booklet. Employee scanned the figure and then scanned the booklet. Then the register said no sale so she rescanned the booklet and it went through.(the "no sale" didn't pop up quick enough apparently)

So I lucked out for once at Walmart.

Yeah, pretty meh, that sort of deal was happening before they discontinued. I'd wait for at least 40% off.
Plus, TRU charges $1 above retail, so you get figures 2 for $22.50, which is a few cents worse than the everyday price for GCU (and the first-two-weeks price for Amazon prime).

Just heads up, while not a great sale...Toys r us has all infinity buy 1 get 1 50% off
They've done that a few times even before the death of Infinity was announced, Target's 40% cartwheel was much better than that and not counting Best Buy's sales.

TRU is good for finding 1.0 & 2.0 figures though...plus they have those funky clear TRU exclusives which apparently have upgraded skill powers and level up faster.

Has anyone seen a better deal on the Twilight of the Republic piece and figures than $15.30 used (the current warehouse deals open box price)?
I bought a $15.30 "like new" set from Warehouse Deals last week as the description said it would come in the original package. It's still seals and looks like it's never been opened. The cardboard backing is a little curled at the top. That's it. I'll know for sure once I put the figures on the base, but I'm very pleased. I've had okay luck with them in the past but this is the best one yet.

Might be the first wave Disney dumping their inventory? I saw Walmart is selling its "exclusive" 3-pack 2.0 Marvel figures at $14.96.

I haven't seen them when I went there last week.  It said compatible with 3.0 Marvel Battleground Playset, so must be released only recently.

3 different packs if I remember right, it's less than $5 each, so not bad if you need to get some missing figures.

Hulk, Iron Fist, Loki

Groot, Ronan, Rick Fury

Thor, Green Goblin, Rocket Raccoon

Don't know why they include Thor as he's included in the starter pack (probably one of those they overstocked as most people already have them from starter pack).

Now I need Yondu and Falcon to complete the 2.0 set (don't really like them, and they might be released only because of licensing requirement)

Might be the first wave Disney dumping their inventory? I saw Walmart is selling its "exclusive" 3-pack 2.0 Marvel figures at $14.96.

I haven't seen them when I went there last week. It said compatible with 3.0 Marvel Battleground Playset, so must be released only recently.

3 different packs if I remember right, it's less than $5 each, so not bad if you need to get some missing figures.

Hulk, Iron Fist, Loki

Groot, Ronan, Rick Fury

Thor, Green Goblin, Rocket Raccoon

Don't know why they include Thor as he's included in the starter pack (probably one of those they overstocked as most people already have them from starter pack).

Now I need Yondu and Falcon to complete the 2.0 set (don't really like them, and they might be released only because of licensing requirement)

They had the Disney Originals 2.0 starter pack with Stich and Merida as well as digital versions of 2.0 for people who already had 1.0 and wanted to upgrade. If you started DI with either of those two, you wouldn't have Iron Man, Black Widow and Thor. Then if you wanted the Avengers playset, you could purchase it as a playset without purchasing the whole Marvel 2.0 starter pack. But the standalone Avengers playset only came with Iron Man and Black Widow. So if you wanted Thor at that point, you had to by him separately.

They had the Disney Originals 2.0 starter pack with Stich and Merida as well as digital versions of 2.0 for people who already had 1.0 and wanted to upgrade. If you started DI with either of those two, you wouldn't have Iron Man, Black Widow and Thor. Then if you wanted the Avengers playset, you could purchase it as a playset without purchasing the whole Marvel 2.0 starter pack. But the standalone Avengers playset only came with Iron Man and Black Widow. So if you wanted Thor at that point, you had to by him separately.
I know that, but considering Thor is one of most left over figures I've seen at Target before they clearing all 2.0 out, that strategy didn't play well with Disney.

If someone opted buying the Toy Box starter pack first rather than the Avengers starter pack, it's very unlikely likely they will pick up Thor even if they buy the Play Set after (otherwise they would have bought the Avengers Start Pack already). Might be one reason they only did 2-figure play set in 3.0 (and 1-figure for Dory play set)

Also, the 3-pack at Walmart in fact are 3 indvidual retail pack with a "3-pack" sticker at the bottom mounted in a paper frame box, so they're definitely left over individual packs in a new Walmart box

Were those Walmart 3 packs in store only? Couldn't find them online at all.

I think stores around me are pretty picked over for the 2.0 stuff, especially after the Target Cartwheel deal.

Still waiting for 3.0 stuff to go on sale a bit, everywhere here still has a ton of it.

Huh? Falcon's a badass. Everyone wanted him in.
I want him even more now that I discovered he has an alt movie costume via power disc.

Gonna head up to the Walmart near my house tonight with fingers crossed they have the three packs, I need pretty much everything listed but Thor.

You can also play with his alt costume without the disc in Marvel Battlegrounds, if you complete his specific challenge. There's a couple other people who have challenges that unlock alt costumes for them as well, such as Gamora and Iron Fist. 

Will Wal-mart take the 75% Cartwheel coupon for Infinity 2.0 stuff?
Walmart's price matching is the most strict...and actually will no longer be in practice in about a month.

They will pm their website most of the time but to pm a competitor you have to bring in a printed circular and show them something on sale that isn't on clearance. Cartwheel is like a club promo so that would never work at Walmart...right now that in store only 3 pack is pretty decent.

Walmart's price matching is the most strict...and actually will no longer be in practice in about a month.
According to who? Are you an insider because if not then this is speculation. It would be nice to back it up with some form of creditable evidence.

No dice on the three packs at my local Walmart, gonna hit the one up at the mall this weekend.

They however did have a crap-ton of Wreck-it Ralph and Aladdin two packs for $34.96 though.

According to who? Are you an insider because if not then this is speculation. It would be nice to back it up with some form of creditable evidence.
He's right. My wife works at Walmart. They want you to use the price matcher thing that's built into their app where you scan the receipt and wait for it to match the surrounding deals.

He's right. My wife works at Walmart. They want you to use the price matcher thing that's built into their app where you scan the receipt and wait for it to match the surrounding deals.
That's been around for a year (Savings Catcher), and it doesn't match all departments/items (including categories/items near and dear to CAG's hearts).

It's in the news.
Oh wow...didn't even see or hear anything about this. Tried Googling it and nothing came out. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry if I sounded like a pompus arse, wasn't trying to. And really they want people to use Savings Catcher? That things sucks. I'm sure this is going to hurt them a lot. I bet it'll hurt media more then anything.

Oh wow...didn't even see or hear anything about this. Tried Googling it and nothing came out. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry if I sounded like a pompus arse, wasn't trying to. And really they want people to use Savings Catcher? That things sucks. I'm sure this is going to hurt them a lot. I bet it'll hurt media more then anything.
All good!

Walmart is just trying to make more money. Can't say I blame them, but from a consumer standpoint this royally sucks.

Maybe this will spur them to move things to clearance more quickly? And give actual discounts?

lol I'm so funny, I know it won't.

Yeah that walmart price match is a joke. To them it's smart as you get the difference in a WM Gift card. Also thoughts on the Lone Ranger set ?
I always get the "no better deals found" when message even when the same item is on sale at shoprite and stop&shop (which are within a 1/4 mile of walmart. It's more hassle than it's worth most of the time.

That's been around for a year (Savings Catcher), and it doesn't match all departments/items (including categories/items near and dear to CAG's hearts).
My Targets use some sort of crappy app on their store ipad, last time I tried to match Kannan Jarrus to Amazon's $5.xx price, they scanned the bar code of the figure package, it came up with Tron Sam Flynn on the screen and they insisted they are the same thing! (even UPC shown on the screen are different)

It's $12.99 (Sam Flynn) on Amazon I think and there are buttons to other websites (Game Stop, BestBuy...). I told them to search name manually on Amazon website, but they declined and would not pricematch anything if their app doesn't say OK.

That's when people lost common sense and rely on artificial unintelligence

Did the price match at BestBuy without any question (though didn't get 5% red card discount like at Target)

Forgive me in advance, because these prices may be lower elsewhere (I honestly don't pay much attention to the pricing of sets/figures I already have) but the Disney Store is having their "Twice-a-year" sale, and a couple of sets are on sale (including the Spidey/Nova 2.0 set). I can't seem to limit their search to just D.I. sale items only, but this gets you close:

edit: crap - that link didn't work. Here's the main Disney Infinity link:

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-infinity/mn/1017501/

Disney Infinity: Star Wars Saga Starter Pack Bundle for PS4 (3.0 Edition) $59.99

Disney Infinity: Star Wars Saga Starter Pack Bundle for PS3 (3.0 Edition) $59.99

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack for All Systems (2.0 Edition) $34.99

Disney Infinity: Toy Box Starter Pack for All Systems (2.0 Edition) $29.99

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Guardians of the Galaxy Play Set (2.0 Edition) $19.99

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Avengers Play Set (2.0 Edition) $19.99

Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Play Set (2.0 Edition) $19.99

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-infinity-marvel-super-heroes-ultimate-spider-man-play-set-20-edition/mp/1389381/1000261/

Disney Infinity Frozen Toy Box Pack - Anna and Elsa $19.99

Disney Infinity: Aladdin Toy Box Pack - Aladdin and Jasmine (2.0 edition) $14.99

I'm late to the party on infinity. Is stuff like the collectors editions worth picking up on the cheap? Target has stitch for $4.5. not sure if it's worth picking up for trades.

I'm late to the party on infinity. Is stuff like the collectors editions worth picking up on the cheap? Target has stitch for $4.5. not sure if it's worth picking up for trades.
Only worth it it you use Chartwheel before the 29th and get 75% off, + red card for another dime and change.

I got Aladdin for $1 and change knowing he comes in a set but that set is no where to be found near by or online for my price point.

bread's done
Back