Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I got lucky and found the 2.0 Toy Box Starter pack at Target for the system i wanted it for (PS4). I got it for $8 with cartwheel!

Edit: nevermind just opened it and it was missing the game and the power disk things. Going to try and return it. :(

If you're getting it to strictly build stuff in the toybox, I wouldn't even bother and would just wait for a deal on 3.0 as it's greatly improved.

I messed around in 2.0's yesterday since I'm starting the Marvel sets and it doesn't have a lot of the logic tools 3.0 does.

I wanted to build a spark generator and couldn't find any of the components.

If you're getting it to strictly build stuff in the toybox, I wouldn't even bother and would just wait for a deal on 3.0 as it's greatly improved.

I messed around in 2.0's yesterday since I'm starting the Marvel sets and it doesn't have a lot of the logic tools 3.0 does.

I wanted to build a spark generator and couldn't find any of the components.
There are still ways to make them in 2.0, maybe it isn't as efficient (no clue have barely played 3.0) but you can do it.

Stop by Target today after my Grandmother's funeral just to see if they had anything and grabbed the last Starter Pack and Marvel Starter Pack for the XB1 used the cartwheel and it came out to $10 for both. Stopped at a few Walmarts along the way and most of the Starter Packs were listed as $10 I think for PS4, and XB1. While the Marvel ones were $20 I think. I also believe the Marvel one that comes bundled with Cap and Hawkeye was $20. They had a few singles and those were $6.96 while the triple packs were $14.96.

Stop by Target today after my Grandmother's funeral just to see if they had anything and grabbed the last Starter Pack and Marvel Starter Pack for the XB1 used the cartwheel and it came out to $10 for both. Stopped at a few Walmarts along the way and most of the Starter Packs were listed as $10 I think for PS4, and XB1. While the Marvel ones were $20 I think. I also believe the Marvel one that comes bundled with Cap and Hawkeye was $20. They had a few singles and those were $6.96 while the triple packs were $14.96.
Sad/10 for the first part....5/10 for the second. Would not read again :(

Gah, are there no deals out there on Infinity right now? Except for Target's Cartwheel and Best Buy's $10 off playsets?

Infinity is ending why aren't they trying to dump inventory yet!?!?!?!?

Gah, are there no deals out there on Infinity right now? Except for Target's Cartwheel and Best Buy's $10 off playsets?
I think it is because the game is actually selling well. Disney managed it poorly, but the retailers have sold enough to keep it viable. At least that is my take on DI ending and it's aftermath

By all accounts, announcing its demise has invigorated sales. No reason to discount shit when it's actually selling. 

Believe it or not, it's kinda not in these companies' interest to sell shit at a loss- so they usually prefer to not have to do it. 

Dory Playset preorder is on sale for $20 ($10 off) at Toys r Us and has free shipping.  I hope more deals will show up as the release date gets closer.  Can't post the link because I'm new to posting, but its easy to find on their website.  It doesn't currently list how long that sale will last.

Not the greatest deal, but if you can stomach shopping at hsn.com and have a visa card you can use the visa checkout $25 off $50. The 3.0 stuff is all overpriced, but most of the marvel characters are 9.99 and the Spidey/Nova playset is 19.99. I got 3 figures and the playset shipped for @$30

By all accounts, announcing its demise has invigorated sales. No reason to discount shit when it's actually selling.

Believe it or not, it's kinda not in these companies' interest to sell shit at a loss- so they usually prefer to not have to do it.
it has? The only reason why things are moving is because Target is discounting 1.0/2.0 by 75% and other stores are clearing out old stock. The reason why DI failed is because they had too much stock. All of these will be $5 soon enough. You could pretty much get ALL Star Wars stuff for about $100 last week at Best Buy,

While not the greatest deal provided it is still going on, Dollar General has been running 50% off 3.0 starter sets the last couple of weeks and B1G50% off figures. The sets were tagged $65 which should make them $32.50, but I only noticed X360 and XO sets at my local store. Figures were $14 but extremely limited in variety. They usually have $5 off $25 Dollar General coupons every other Sat. But I haven't read the terms to see if it would work on games.

it has? The only reason why things are moving is because Target is discounting 1.0/2.0 by 75% and other stores are clearing out old stock. The reason why DI failed is because they had too much stock. All of these will be $5 soon enough. You could pretty much get ALL Star Wars stuff for about $100 last week at Best Buy,
This actually is not the case at all. DI 1.0 made $500 million and was consistently sold out. Disney decided to double and triple their orders the following year for 2.0. For example: They sold over 1 million Hulks but ordered 2 million. Selling 1 million of one toy is an incredible accomplishment but takes a big hit when you have another million left over. The fall quarter when Star Wars was released they made $200 million. The issue was directly related to how they ordered these figures. Not that they didn't sell.

I haven't seen any 1.0/2.0 in Target for weeks.

One of the best deals I've seen recently is Walmart's 3-packs, I'm totally in for $5 figures.

I figure I'm doing pretty well considering I didn't start buying any until I found the 2.0 starter kit at Walmart for $10, I'm up to nearly 30 characters and have spent less than $5 average per character.

No go on the three packs at two of the three Walmarts here in Roanoke, really hope they show up in the next few weeks.

Each location had 2.0 sets for $10 clearance, both the Marvel and Toybox ones.

This actually is not the case at all. DI 1.0 made $500 million and was consistently sold out. Disney decided to double and triple their orders the following year for 2.0. For example: They sold over 1 million Hulks but ordered 2 million. Selling 1 million of one toy is an incredible accomplishment but takes a big hit when you have another million left over. The fall quarter when Star Wars was released they made $200 million. The issue was directly related to how they ordered these figures. Not that they didn't sell.
If they were making money they would still be continuing... These didn't sell as retailers are over-stocked with them. For some reason skylanders manages to handle each new release pretty well. They produce just enough to not clutter up retailers (as much) and get them to re-order the next.

If they were making money they would still be continuing... These didn't sell as retailers are over-stocked with them. For some reason skylanders manages to handle each new release pretty well. They produce just enough to not clutter up retailers (as much) and get them to re-order the next.
Again, I have to disagree with you and correct what you are saying. The numbers I am giving you are facts from their earnings call. The issue was directly related to over ordering. Skylanders is also in a similar boat having made the same mistake. Disney just pulled the plug quicker. With Disneyland in Shanghai costing Disney far more then what it expected, Disney has made cuts in several areas including cancelling several shows. Disney ordered far more inventory then any other toys to life franchise which was its ultimate demise. Iger himself said Infinity was making money just not enough and he specifically mentioned $147 million in inventory they had to write off. It was then said they ordered far to many figures. Had they held back like they did in 1.0 Disney Infinity would not be shutting down. It is the #1 selling toys to life franchise and that is a fact. They made money. Just not enough cause of an oversight when ordering product.

What a surprise that instead of being happy with golden eggs that getting goose guts all over you isn't going to work out the way you hoped.

Dory Playset preorder is on sale for $20 ($10 off) at Toys r Us and has free shipping. I hope more deals will show up as the release date gets closer. Can't post the link because I'm new to posting, but its easy to find on their website. It doesn't currently list how long that sale will last.
Here's the link. It's $19.99 with free shipping currently. Not a bad deal.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=97150716

Again, I have to disagree with you and correct what you are saying. The numbers I am giving you are facts from their earnings call. The issue was directly related to over ordering. Skylanders is also in a similar boat having made the same mistake. Disney just pulled the plug quicker. With Disneyland in Shanghai costing Disney far more then what it expected, Disney has made cuts in several areas including cancelling several shows. Disney ordered far more inventory then any other toys to life franchise which was its ultimate demise. Iger himself said Infinity was making money just not enough and he specifically mentioned $147 million in inventory they had to write off. It was then said they ordered far to many figures. Had they held back like they did in 1.0 Disney Infinity would not be shutting down. It is the #1 selling toys to life franchise and that is a fact. They made money. Just not enough cause of an oversight when ordering product.
Yes, so retailers have too much stock and no interest in ordering additional. Compare that to amiibo's which don't really have many peg warmers (except the Animal Crossing line which was just stupid). I don't really follow the Lego line or the other claymation thingy.

Pulling the plug on something that was a "success" is just silly. There are for more underlining problems for Disney on this title to just flat-out cancel the game and dump the entire studio. It's not like it was a surprise - they never followed up a 4.0 and stopped support for the Apple TV version pretty much the day it was released.

Eh, whatever. sorry for anyone who bought these thinking they would have a long life. Shoulda just stuck with Skylanders.

It's likely been mentioned, but I found the WiiU 1.0 infinity starter set and the PS4 2.0 Marvel starter set with extra Cap and Hawkey toys for $6 and $20 at my Walmart, respectively.

Presumably clearance, so ymmv.

Here's the link. It's $19.99 with free shipping currently. Not a bad deal.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=97150716
Kinda greedy! They always do have 2 characters & 1 trophy for Playset MSRP $34.99 and with the discount make a good playset deal. Now they cut off 1 character MSRP $29.99 (Should be MSRP $24.99) with a discount we did not save much $$$. On top of that we have to purchase extra character (1) should be in playset instead we buy it separate.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I noticed this evening that Best Buy has some of the Disney Infinity 3.0 play sets on sale.

Marvel Battlegrounds - $19.99 ($15.99 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-marvel-battlegrounds-play-set/4847003.p?id=bb4847003&skuId=4847003

Star Wars - The Force Awakens - $24.99 ($19.99 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-star-wars-the-force-awakens-play-set/4597203.p?id=1219775861279&skuId=4597203

Star Wars - Rise Against the Empire - $24.99 ($19.99 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-star-wars-rise-against-the-empire-play-set/4253200.p?id=bb4253200&skuId=4253200

Inside Out Playset - $24.99 ($19.99 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-disney-pixar-inside-out-play-set/9337035.p?id=1219702986573&skuId=9337035

Star Wars - Twilight of the Republic - $24.99 ($19.99 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/disney-interactive-studios-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-star-wars-twilight-of-the-republic-play-set/9336027.p?id=1219702983325&skuId=9336027

I picked up the Marvel and The Force Awakens sets, and plan on getting the Inside-Out one once I move some more trade-credit from Gamestop to Best Buy tomorrow.

I just got into the infinity games themselves, having been collecting the toys for some time now.

What are some of the best (favorite) playsets, through all versions?

Particularly, How are marvel battlegrounds, toybox takeover, and speedway?

I just got into the infinity games themselves, having been collecting the toys for some time now.

I got sucked into the Twilight of the Republic playset and binge played it over a couple of days. The speedway was fun for the little bit I played and Toybox Takeover is quite a bit of fun.

I dabbled some in 1.0 and 2.0 but found 2.0 to be a little boring. I might eventually work my way back to it.

I got sucked into the Twilight of the Republic playset and binge played it over a couple of days. The speedway was fun for the little bit I played and Toybox Takeover is quite a bit of fun.

I dabbled some in 1.0 and 2.0 but found 2.0 to be a little boring. I might eventually work my way back to it.
Ooh, how was the Twilight of the Republic set? The starwars stuff is supposed to be pretty good.

on that note, Howlongtobeat claims most of these playsets last around 5 hours or so, but are there typically any collectibles or general replayability to pad out their playtimes at all?

Ooh, how was the Twilight of the Republic set? The starwars stuff is supposed to be pretty good.

on that note, Howlongtobeat claims most of these playsets last around 5 hours or so, but are there typically any collectibles or general replayability to pad out their playtimes at all?
From my experience with the Star Wars sets so far compared to the others... they hit it out of the park. I attempted to play the Avengers set from 2.0 and lost interest fairly quickly with it. Didn't try Spiderman and the wife seemed to enjoy the Guardians of the Galaxy set. For 1.0, I played a bit of the Monster's Inc set.. had some fun... but never got back to it. I've heard good things about the Incredibles set as well as Lone Ranger.

Outside of the main story line, there are some side-quests and other things to do that are fun. Mostly go fetch this and that... but they are oddly fun.

Are you sure? If not because Target running 75% off cartwheel, the skylanders figures would be on the rack as full as usual. They are still having a lot of traps for team traps and Nitro Head Rush that no one is buying. Toyrus is dumping the light core Hex from Giants for 99c.

Twilight of the Republic was good, but the Star Wars playsets gradually improved with each release (although it kinda takes a dip in quality with Endor). I took a break on TFA, but was impressed with the addition of moons (with missions) above...I'm assuming, each of the three planets (haven't reached Starkiller base yet). The best part about the games though....besides the combat, are the challenges and mini-games. There's some really great stuff on Hoth involving the AT-AT's, and on Jakku in TFA there's some old school-like arcade games you can play.

Really bummed we won't get that Rogue One set now, I'd like to see what progress they would've made.

I've only played the 1.0 playsets so far and I think The Lone Ranger was my favorite even though I know nothing about that series. The big-ish open world desert locale works well for this series, and I liked the train mechanic. It's also the only playset (correct me if I am wrong) that includes every character available in that playset in the package, there is no having to buy 4 other characters (The Incredibles) to get everything out of that set.

Rumor over at slickdeals that B2G3 is back at Gamestop as of today.  I haven't verified but there sure are a lot of quality figures in stock at my local Gamestop.  Prices don't come out that great in light of the recent $3 and $4 3.0 figure deals at BBY, but it's probably useful to some.

EDIT: Definitely not working online.  Maybe this is bogus...

Did Gamestop just jack up the price of pre-owned figures? Online most are more expensive than new figures.
I think so. I was excited about the b2g3 free, but noticed some of the figures I want are now 13.99 instead of 12.99. I believe the new figures are just on sale, and not a price drop. Hopefully the b2g3 lasts for a few days.

Would definitely be in for B2G3, but would love to see some confirmation before I run over to Gamestop.
It's definitely on. I was the poster over on SD, would have posted here but couldn't remember my pw this morning (Sorry). The used prices suck, but at b2G3 its palatable. Grabbed myself star lord, hulk, venom, loki, and black widow for $21 this morning.

Yeah, they jacked up the price a bit on the used figures, but even with them being 13.99 I picked up Han Solo, Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

THEN I went nuts and got Kanan Jarrus for 5.67, pricematched at Target (because I wanted to get Toy Box Takeover there for 14.19, but they were out :whistle2:().

THEN I got Elsa NIB off of a For Sale site on Facebook.

AND THEN I got an assortment of 16 power discs for $13 off the same site on Facebook.

Whew! Massive collection growth, especially since I only started collecting about 2 weeks ago.

My local gs didn't know anything about it but they also didn't have the ones I was looking for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is it weird that I have trouble wrapping my head around buying these used? Sure I mean, they could have been owned by adult collectors ... But maybe they were owned my kids in that phase where they stick ... eh, nevermind ... I'm probably just going to wait for a sale 😝

Our local Gamestop was stocked up. Got a fx Vader, Finn, Rey, Chewie, force awakens playset, Tinkerbell, Rapunzel, Elsa, Anna, and Olaf today.

I'll mirror what other users are saying: my stores got stocked.

Grabbed a bunch of amiibo, some random Disney characters, several Star Wars characters and playsets, and a few Inside Out characters and their playset.

Gonna go back another day to waste funds on a few 2.0 playsets and characters.

Condition on used Varies greatly. I've gotten a bunch that were mint via GameStop.com, but one in that batch was in terrible shape. In stores, you see a wide range of conditions. I traded in a bunch of 3.0 figures that were brand new --never even placed on the base. It was hard not to when they were trading in at $6 cash and I paid under $4 with GCU...

bread's done
Back