Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I've been checking in on the deals and whatnot but not as close as i used to..

Is the end near? Like I'm seeing all these crazy deal prices. Should i be getting worried for the figures i don't have?

I guess I'm just trying to numb myself. I don't want it to end 😢
I would say the end is here ... Unless there's some warehouse full of these things. But most major retailers are
starting to show figures out of stock ... So get what you want while you can ...

Ok, I've been checking in on the deals and whatnot but not as close as i used to..

Is the end near? Like I'm seeing all these crazy deal prices. Should i be getting worried for the figures i don't have?

I guess I'm just trying to numb myself. I don't want it to end
I wouldn't worry too much as long as your need list isn't too long. Toys R Us is still holding out and they are very well stocked. But yes, the rest are starting to run out of some. If your list is long, it is a good time to get started.

I have Disney infinity 1&2.0, but when I saw on here that Target was still having the sales plus the cartwheel, I finally caved in and bought the following:

XB ONE Infinity 3.0 play set for $17 and change

Kylo Ren
Darth Vader
Darts Maul
Yoda (FX edition one)

My Walmart still has the 2 Star Wars sets (og trilogy & force awakens) for $11.88, so I plan on picking those up. Looking forward to playing them!

I'm better off than most. Just need probably like 6 or 7 figs at most. A few old power discs. And inside out and Nemo play sets.

I'm just worried for the few i don't have. And with them getting to $2 at best buy, I'd feel totally jipped for paying more than that. Ugggggggggh

Yup, just snagged Luke FX as well for free ship to store. Thanks for the heads up easper!
Glad I could help! I'm going to keep an eye on WM prices for the rest of the day. They keep jumping around. Maybe I'll get lucky again with one of the other figs I still want.

Those $11.88 Marvel 3-packs at WM.com are tempting. Especially the Loki / Hulk / Iron Fist pack. Hmmm....

While you guys are making this mad scramble, don't forget to make the OTHER mad scramble: start downloading any user made levels you want off of the servers now. You can hold 100 or more, and they will be inaccessible when Disney shuts down the servers (which they're rumored to do around holiday time).

Additionally, keep in mind that your ability to create your own world will be severely hamstrung by the fact that the text editor in the level creation tools relies on the servers being online. In other words, once the servers go down, you will no longer be able to have text in the levels you create, which really limits some of the more RPG/adventure type games.

Additionally, keep in mind that your ability to create your own world will be severely hamstrung by the fact that the text editor in the level creation tools relies on the servers being online. In other words, once the servers go down, you will no longer be able to have text in the levels you create, which really limits some of the more RPG/adventure type games.
I've been thinking about this actually. There's just no way they wouldn't give us a patch to use the text editor offline once the servers are down.... Right? Right??! They better, or that renders toy box mode about 50% useless to me.

I've been thinking about this actually. There's just no way they wouldn't give us a patch to use the text editor offline once the servers are down.... Right? Right??! They better, or that renders toy box mode about 50% useless to me.
There's no one left to create such a patch. Avalanche is gone.

Hackers / modders ... But that would more likely happen with the PC version if people were really that dedicated. With the server requirements for PC, I'm not sure it would even be possible to run a cracked version. It would be like someone who runs a vanilla version of Warcraft ... Lots of work and easily shut down.

Blargh, Nick was available for shipping at BBY and I hesitated and back to OOS. :wall:

Even the Rebels are going OOS now.

Maybe they created a patch before closure to go out when the servers go down to account for things like that. One can hope.
Well that would imply that they knew they were all going to be fired and went rouge to support the product owned by the company that was about to fire all of them.

Seems like we're finally getting to the point where you better start jumping on whatever figures you want. As someone else said it appears they're trying hard to get these things mostly eradicated by the holidays. BB is selling a lot of these things for like 2 bucks every few days  as I know a few of these were dirt cheap last week, did not jump and the next day they were higher, now they're back down.

Seems like we're finally getting to the point where you better start jumping on whatever figures you want. As someone else said it appears they're trying hard to get these things mostly eradicated by the holidays. BB is selling a lot of these things for like 2 bucks every few days as I know a few of these were dirt cheap last week, did not jump and the next day they were higher, now they're back down.
Yep. Skylanders Imaginators releases on October 13. I'd imagine that MOST retailers are going to try to have ALL of Disney Infinity off of it's floorsets by then, probably looking to go to something like 6 foot Amiibo, 6 foot Skylanders and 6 foot Dimensions, and then take back an entire row of shelves in their floor set (What with many having something like 9 feet assigned to each of the four Toys to Life products.

Except maybe Toys R Us. They leave things to rot on shelves for years.

Ordered:

DI 3.0 Starter Pack PS4 (Anakin and Ahsoka)

Darth Maul
Obi-Wan
Kylo Ren (Light FX)
Poe Dameron
Ezra Bridger
Kanan Jarrus
Zeb Orrelios
Sabine Wren
Boba Fett
Yoda (Light FX)
Hulk Buster

for about $47 after tax. I went from having no DI 3.0 to having a lot.

So how is DI 3.0 anyway? Fun for adults? Accessible for kids? I tried 2.0 on PS3 and it had long load times along with feeling kinda laggy while moving around.

3.0 is the best version yet I feel. My 7 year old plays it just fine. I'm 38 and I really enjoy it as well. Definitely a quality game that works for kids and adults alike.

Blargh, Nick was available for shipping at BBY and I hesitated and back to OOS. :wall:

Even the Rebels are going OOS now.

Well that would imply that they knew they were all going to be fired and went rouge to support the product owned by the company that was about to fire all of them.
Not really, if they gave them notice it could be on the list of things to complete before they leave and get their severance. Someone has to be sure the lights get turned off. Besides, these guys had pride in their work, they may want to leave it in a condition that reflects well on them.

Well I have to say Target was ridiculous. First day of the sale they had garbage. So got crafty with brickseek and in store scanners. Lo and behold they had plenty in the back. Even ones not showing up at all. We finished our kids collection and our nieces/nephews. Multiples of Black suit Spider-Man, Black Panther etc etc.[attachment=23021:20160722_164532.jpg]

Paid $15 for one of the last two Dory sets at Target. Feels like too much but they wouldn't override the cartwheel coupon. Debating whether it's a waste to try adjusting the price at a different Target.

Watched The Good Dinosaur today and found out there's a Spot figure so I got that one today and got Hulkbuster as well. I bought Toy Box Takeover for $4.97 at Walmart just need Speedaway but its kinda expensive.

I regret not buying Mickey, Hulk and Boba Fett

Paid $15 for one of the last two Dory sets at Target. Feels like too much but they wouldn't override the cartwheel coupon. Debating whether it's a waste to try adjusting the price at a different Target.
Was that today? Just found on brickseek that our target has 24, yet when I was there earlier they had none out. In fact, DI was wiped clean except for a handful of figures. Considering Walmart and Gamestop here claim they never even received Dory or Nemo, I'll happily pay $15 for Dory.

Yes, earlier today. Price should be good through Saturday. And it did seem like the Target I went to got a restock, but it was all common figures like Han, Chewie, Vader. Picked up a second Vader (have the FX one) ... Don't really know why

Was that today? Just found on brickseek that our target has 24, yet when I was there earlier they had none out. In fact, DI was wiped clean except for a handful of figures. Considering Walmart and Gamestop here claim they never even received Dory or Nemo, I'll happily pay $15 for Dory.
I don't know about the Dory playset, but the Walmart I stopped at yesterday had a bunch of Nemo. Of course that doesn't mean that Dory is available there, but they did get one of them at least.

I don't think the counts are accurate on some of them. There are stores that show 50+ of some figures while every other store is out or under 3.

It's funny that Woody has been $1.50 at clearance at my Walmart for weeks ($3 for months) and suddenly went back up to $4.96 to be same as other discounted figure.

Got Nick Wilde at my Walmart for $4.99. BB seems to be OOS and I just love the look of the figure. They also had some Sams for the same price. Regretting not buying the last mad hatter at my local BB :wall:

Watched The Good Dinosaur today and found out there's a Spot figure so I got that one today
Much like the Zootopia characters Spot lacks timed button press moves, but regardless he may just be my favorite of the entire Infinity line due to his animations...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfR1dxytMd8

The power disc mounts are great too, shame the Pet Collector didn't make the cut.

Thanks everybody.  Brickseek can definitely be off, but since Target's website stated it could be bought online and picked up same day I figured they had to have some.  Turns out they had 3 up front and 4 in back according to a hand held device.  They said the 3 up front had probably sold that day and not updated yet.  Luckily, they did still have 4 in back so I got one.  Now to get Nemo, only in stock in a town nearby I'm going to tomorrow anyways.

Does anyone know if they got Nemo/Dory at Gamestop?  At all three stores they stated that there was nothing in their system for those two items new, just used.  They all seemed confident that they were never in the system at all and Gamestop never carried them.  I thought maybe it was just because of the smaller town size here (only about 60k in each of the three nearby cities) that they never received them.

Much like the Zootopia characters Spot lacks timed button press moves, but regardless he may just be my favorite of the entire Infinity line due to his animations...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfR1dxytMd8

The power disc mounts are great too, shame the Pet Collector didn't make the cut.
What other character would you recommend me?

I only have characters that are Play Set compatible the only ones i have that dont have a playset are Spot, Maleficent and Stitch/Merida (i have their toy box discs though)

I was thinking about Mickey and Baloo

Baloo is supposed to be a lot of fun to use and his move set looks great.  I really did not like Jungle Book as a kid but he looked good enough to pick up.

Donald's pretty amusing, but his in-game model....much like Mickey's doesn't look nearly as good as their figure.

If you grew up on the classic cartoons, the weirdly proportioned redesigns might bug you.

Feels weird, but I think I have all of DI figures aside from the FX light up variants, which I'm not sure I really want to hunt all of those down. Sad to see the line go, but it's been fun. 

Well I did it, I opened DI 3.0 today!

It was just to get Anakin out to trade him since I ordered the FX version from BBY.  Closed it back up and put it back in the box it was living in. :rofl:

I went to two Best Buy today and they didn't have any figures in the shelves except for couple of Alice, Mad Hatter and Time. It was pretty sad!

Ugh, submitted a price adjustment to BB for those Rebels figures plus Kylo FX and the rep credited back the wrong amount despite me outlining everything.    Shorted me about $9, time for another email...

If $2.99 and $4.99 are your magic price points hit up Toys R Us.  They had just about every figure in stock.  I just went there and they price matched both bestbuy.com and gamestop.com.  Got every figure Best Buy had for $2.99 and a couple of figures for $4.99.  Toys R Us also has a 7 day price gaurantee in case DI figures go uber cheap at their store tmrw. 

Dammit. Today turned into hunting for Disney Infinity figures Day.

Managed to find most of what i need. Thanks to brickseek i found the Dory play set in my target. Only one in stock around me and i have a crap load of them around here. Went in line 30 mins before and they didn't have any in the shelf. Called and they are in the back. Thank yooooooou brickseek!

Now.. Just need to go crazy finding Nemo (hahahaha pun!) for a good price.

And still need the inside out playset, tinkerbell, and crystal mickey then I'm done with all the figures in 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0.

bread's done
Back