Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
My BB was cleaned out of all but Alice series, and my Target was down to a ton of Yoda FX and a few Ultron. My sister checked her Target and they had a lot of SW characters. She picked up Chewie for me ^^

If $2.99 and $4.99 are your magic price points hit up Toys R Us. They had just about every figure in stock. I just went there and they price matched both bestbuy.com and gamestop.com. Got every figure Best Buy had for $2.99 and a couple of figures for $4.99. Toys R Us also has a 7 day price gaurantee in case DI figures go uber cheap at their store tmrw.
Getting TRU to pricematch Gamestop is very YMMV. It's not on the official list of places we can match, so it comes down to whether or not the cashier/manager care or pay attention

The TRU I went to today would not price match GameStop. So, I only bought Falcon and Venom from them as GameStop was sold out online and no store had them in my area. I went to GameStop and bought Merida and then ordered Loki, Maleficent and Iron Fist.

Spent two hours traveling around Targets, and ended up with three figures: Ezra, Minnie, and Spot, plus a Finding Dory playset. Wish I didn't buy Han Solo already, as he was readily available, as were the non FX versions of Kanan Jarrus and Kylo Ren. There were TONS of FX Yodas, and a good amount of Ultrons at most every location as well. Also grabbed the three Alice figures from BB and managed to order a Baloo for pickup that I'll likely never see. Walmart has a good selection for $5 each - I got my Boba Fett there, and they had most every 3.0 figure except Nemo, Judy Hopps, and the Alice Figures (which BB is well stocked with). I will likely return for more if I can't find better deals elsewhere. Should have learned about this sooner, but at least I didn't end up completely empty-handed.

Anyone played the Dory playset? I picked it up knowing next to nothing about it.

Played some of the Dory playset today and it's probably the best playset from a production value standpoint. It breaks the 'Disney Infinity' mold that all the other playsets have kind of stuck with since 1.0. There are two components to gameplay, with a customizable 3D open world area to customize with unlocked plants, coral, fish, etc. and then a 2d sidescroller type game (kind of like Ecco the Dolphin, but not quite). Graphics actually impressed me with the intro using a similar style to Force Awakens tie fighter opening.

The best part is you can try the playset before you decide you want to keep it by just putting the box on the game platform. Overall I'd say it's worth picking up and a strong finish to Disney Infinity. The camera in the 3D sections is a tad wonky and you have to like Finding Nemo, but it's better than the Inside Out playset as a game that an adult can play without feeling like a game that's only for little kids.

I live in a smaller area and I have a feeling finding Dory and Nemo is going to be a bitch. None at Target, none at Walmart and none at Best Buy. Have to see what happens online and TRU I guess. Did pick up the Marvel Battlegrounds player from Walmart for $11.88 which I am pretty happy with. DI is getting pretty sparse around here unless you want Alice or (oddly) Tron figures.

Got lucky and found Tink for $9 in Once Upon a Toy in Disney Springs. About to order Nemo from the Disney Store online or Amazon. After that I'm DONE with figures.

Except for crystal mickey. That one may elude me.

Got lucky and found Tink for $9 in Once Upon a Toy in Disney Springs. About to order Nemo from the Disney Store online or Amazon. After that I'm DONE with figures.

Except for crystal mickey. That one may elude me.
Hopefully a good sale at Toys R Us happens. You going to SW Celebration next year!?!? I am so hyped!!!!

I am down to only needing Captain America 2.0 for the Battlegrounds Playset.  Toys R Us had nine of them in stock and they all looked bad.  I am going to try a few GameStops tomorrow.

Thanks all for the heads up, managed to start my DI collection before the end of Cartwheel today. My target had mostly Vaders, Mauls, and Obi-Wans. Also managed to find a hulkbuster at BB despite being OOS everywhere around me. I hope TRU has a decent sale on the Rise Against the Empire set.

Got Poe and Darth Maul for 79 cents and Hulkbuster and Ultron for $1.19 with a Best Buy price match and Cartwheel combo today. Borrowing the game from my brother in law who has tons of characters too; my first foray into DI (the game at least, have other figures just because they are neat or cheap).

Inside Out playset is less than $10 after GCU at BB
Playing that one right now, 3D levels remind me of SM3DW for some reason, awesome playset btw!

All the figures are barely on sale at BBY again, but the 3.0 playsets are cheap. Esp Rise of the Empire...$6.40 after GCU
Damn I needed a character with shooting ability so opened mine yesterday, paid $12.99 at GameStop. Oh well!

Kinda need Speedaway but I refuse to pay $14.99, glad I got Takeover for $4.96 yesterday.

I keep finding myself in this train of thought of "Well I could pick up this character and it's only a tiny cost, but I don't really want them, but it will count towards the keyblade thing, but do I really care about that enough to buy all the figures? But it's only a little..." And so on.

Kinda need Speedaway but I refuse to pay $14.99, glad I got Takeover for $4.96 yesterday.
Same, hopefully it shows up for $5 or so.

I keep finding myself in this train of thought of "Well I could pick up this character and it's only a tiny cost, but I don't really want them, but it will count towards the keyblade thing, but do I really care about that enough to buy all the figures? But it's only a little..." And so on.

Same, hopefully it shows up for $5 or so.
Let's keep our eyes peeled
73b0d7ef8e00bc2c93397ca516c2f640.jpg

I just want a good price on Maleficent (last 2.0 I don't have) and FX Vader and Kanan (only 3.0 I don't have).

I kind of want a good price for Mike Wazowski and Jessie from 1.0 but those are minor wants.

Speaking of Jessie I've had the Toy Story play set in my TRU cart with the other stuff I wanted to keep an eye on the price.  It just went from $15 to $32...  :shame:

Lol. Every Disney infinity purchase I've made these last few days Ive had to keep contacting best buy so I could get price adjustments. This is wonderful.

I just want a good price on Maleficent (last 2.0 I don't have) and FX Vader and Kanan (only 3.0 I don't have).

I kind of want a good price for Mike Wazowski and Jessie from 1.0 but those are minor wants.
Maleficent was $3.99 at BB but was Sold Out pretty quick, I was able to buy her from GameStop today for $4.99

Lol. Every Disney infinity purchase I've made these last few days Ive had to keep contacting best buy so I could get price adjustments. This is wonderful.
Ugh I hate dealing with BB for price matches. Just got this gem of a response for a request I put in a few days ago:

"I have verified that the status of your three orders were shipped and invoice. Thus, we can no longer make further adjustments on the
price. Since you are an Elite Plus member, you still have 45 days to return the items. "

So TRU posted their weekly ad and it clearly states "Up to 75% off" for DI stuff...but nothing on TRU website is more then 50% off...So MAKE THE PRICES LIVE DAMN IT

So TRU posted their weekly ad and it clearly states "Up to 75% off" for DI stuff...but nothing on TRU website is more then 50% off...So MAKE THE PRICES LIVE DAMN IT
They technically are live. Up to 75% off does not mean they have to be 75% off.

I bought Falcon and Venom there yesterday, so if they drop in price I will head up there and buy some more. They had all I wanted except Yondu.

On a side note, I have to rescan every character for the battlegrounds playset free for all. That is annoying. I understand why they did it, but it is awful.

They technically are live. Up to 75% off does not mean they have to be 75% off.

I bought Falcon and Venom there yesterday, so if they drop in price I will head up there and buy some more. They had all I wanted except Yondu.

On a side note, I have to rescan every character for the battlegrounds playset free for all. That is annoying. I understand why they did it, but it is awful.
The fact that no items are 75% off clearly means it isn't live. At this point in time if the sale is live it is false advertising. The current prices are from last weeks sale.

bread's done
Back