Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went to TRU to get Zeb and Sabine price matched from Best Buy. The lady pricematched my GCU price of $2.39 each.

I just got a dozen figures which probably puts me at about 80-85% of the whole set excluding crystal figures. I probably payed close to half price for everything but the sets and I'm more tempted now to try and complete the everything. One thing that's driven me crazy is not having an album for 3.0 discs. I've looked and can't find anything. Has anyone ever found a weird knockoff or something like that? I'd hate to just have to put all 3.0 discs into a bag.

I have never seen any 3.0 power disc albums, but I think Toys R Us had some generic 2.0 ones that held like 21 discs. They may have had marvel on the cover, but the disc slots didnt have any art underneath since they were not for a full set. I seem to recall picking one up for star wars discs. I would have to sort through like 3 totes full of crap to track it down and provide any real specifics, which I am not likely to do. They may have had another one that had plastic sleeves to hold them too, but I don't know anymore. Good luck.

I have never seen any 3.0 power disc albums, but I think Toys R Us had some generic 2.0 ones that held like 21 discs. They may have had marvel on the cover, but the disc slots didnt have any art underneath since they were not for a full set. I seem to recall picking one up for star wars discs. I would have to sort through like 3 totes full of crap to track it down and provide any real specifics, which I am not likely to do. They may have had another one that had plastic sleeves to hold them too, but I don't know anymore. Good luck.
They never made one sadly. There are some custom art out there for a series 3 1.0 album and 3.0 album.

For 3.0 I am using the pages from the binder jonathansmith mentioned, but in a bigger binder (had to repunch the holes to get it to fit). I then have a "custom" cover and spine in the binder for 3.0. I also use that binder for the character cards which are in trading card pages.

My Walmart had a good amount of stock. All figures were $4.96. Battlegrounds and Force Awakens play sets were $11.88. I picked up Black Suit Spider-Man.

307vs6b.jpg

I was also kind of interested in Black Panther and Vision. And opinions on these?

I got a Disney Infinity album yesterday at GameStop for $1.97

That one in the middle of Spot and Hulk
I have that too but in case you haven't realized, it's only for 1.0 Wave 1. I haven't seen Wave 2 at low price and I 'm not sure if there is Wave 3 album.

I have that too but in case you haven't realized, it's only for 1.0 Wave 1. I haven't seen Wave 2 at low price and I 'm not sure if there is Wave 3 album.
Well i just bought it to put my power discs doesn't matter the order really since i don't collect them all, i only have the 4 Toy Box Discs games for 2.0 and couple of 1.0 and 2.0 power discs

There isn't one for Wave 3 of Series 1. You can repurpose the one from wave 1, as the count is the same. Additionally, you can pick up coin collecting binder sheets (2.5 x 2.5), and that will work as well. This thread has printouts and suggestions, or you can look for other DIY projects like converting a 2.0 binder into a 3.0 one.

I have just been putting my power discs into the capsules from 1.0 & 2.0 until I finish my display cases. Haven't decided what I will do for the discs.

I was also kind of interested in Black Panther and Vision. And opinions on these?
Both fun to play, I can't speak to how a leveled up Black Panther plays, but out of the two I found Vision to be more fun. Could just be the flying/floating but I enjoyed both more than Ultron or some of the other Marvel 2.0/3.0 figures. Panther is very melee based so you have to get up close to enemies, whereas Vision seems a bit more balanced. Out of the 3.0 Marvel characters, my new favorite might be Ant Man ... it's really fun how they play with his size, his normal attacks shrink him down during part of the attack and his special move is to double in size and become a heavy hitter like the Hulk. I think he's the only character that changes size in that manner ... it's pretty cool.

My Walmart had a good amount of stock. All figures were $4.96. Battlegrounds and Force Awakens play sets were $11.88. I picked up Black Suit Spider-Man.

307vs6b.jpg

Vision is great, in my opinion. Black Panther is okay, but not as fun.

Does black suit Spidey have different moves?

Was able to snag Battlegrounds at Walmart and a cheaper black suit Spiderman than the one I got from TRU. Now I just need the dang Dory and Nemo as well as Crystal Mickey and Lone Ranger and I will be all set!

Also from the game's standpoint I am not sure since I do not really play but as a sculptor who loves having all the figures strewn around my art room, Black Panther is a really nice sculpt. Much more fun and dynamic of a pose than Vision who I have somewhat more put behind others since he is decent just kind of boring.

Wow.  BB customer care really is awful.  It takes them days to respond, if they ever do, and they try to shoot you down any way they can.  I emailed for the difference to be refunded for the Inside Out and Rise Against the Empire playsets when they were 9.59/6.39 respectively.  They claim the prices are 29.99 each which is more than I paid.  Well duh, it's not my fault it took them this long to respond.  Of course it's not the same price now.  It was accurate when I emailed.  Also they said they concluded it was part of a Deal of the Day promo and those are not eligible for price matching.  Just wow.

At least they actually replied to that one.

Story Time! Gather around padawans...

Since it is the summer and I have a pool some family friends have been coming over. One of them have a 5 year old who doesn't know much about Star Wars but has become obsessed with it simply because I am. The kid wants Boba Fett and in general Star Wars everything, yet barely knows who Boba Fett is. Kinda cute, but a little odd for me, not used to it but whatever....SO!

Every time he comes over he wan't to play the game, he plays with some Marvel characters (mainly Hulkbuster) and the Star Wars figures.

Well when I was at Target I called his mother and asked if she wanted me to get him some stuff they had on sale since they have an XB1. Long story short she said to get the starter set and 1 of every Star Wars figure (Poe, Maul, Han, Chewie, FX Yoda, Kylo, Obi-Wan, (and Hulkbuster) they had. Total was $40, insane...

Then with the sale at Gamestop and Best Buy she got both of the playsets (Rise of the Empire and Force Awakens) and Quorra at BBY for just over around $24. At Gamestop she got 4 other figures she wanted for him (Stitch, Sam Flynn, Darth Vader, Boba Fett). Finally today I saw the Rebels characters were back in stock at Best buy for shipping and jumped on ordering them for him for just over $10 for all four.

It then dawned on me...this kid is getting every single Star Wars figure they make...for like $100 or something ($40+20+20+10). Kid is gonna have a nice birthday next month...

Wow. BB customer care really is awful. It takes them days to respond, if they ever do, and they try to shoot you down any way they can. I emailed for the difference to be refunded for the Inside Out and Rise Against the Empire playsets when they were 9.59/6.39 respectively. They claim the prices are 29.99 each which is more than I paid. Well duh, it's not my fault it took them several days to respond. Of course it's not the same price now. It was accurate when I emailed. Also they said they concluded it was part of a Deal of the Day promo and those are not eligible for price matching. Just wow.

At least they actually replied to that one.
I usually call and have no problem, but YMMV on that as well.

Meijer has all figures for $5 too. The Cascade Meijer in Grand Rapids has a fair amount of 1.0 and 2.0, and nearly every 3.0 figure sans Hopps and Nemo. They have about a half dozen Sam Flynn's. 

Meijer has all figures for $5 too. The Cascade Meijer in Grand Rapids has a fair amount of 1.0 and 2.0, and nearly every 3.0 figure sans Hopps and Nemo. They have about a half dozen Sam Flynn's.
You know I was just thinking about swinging by Meijer to see if they hopped on the Infinity blow out train as well. Guess I need to swing by there to see if the have the last few 2.0 characters I need.

I am upset they cancelled the Disney Infinity line. I tried 2.0 and was not impressed with it. It felt clunky. Now that 3.0 is super cheap I thought I would give it another try and it has been very enjoyable. The series may be dead but at least I am getting all the 3.0 stuff for super cheap.  

The Baymax figure looks really cool but I haven't seen it anywhere. Is it worth hunting down? Not from a rarity standpoint but a playability perspective.

I picked up 3.0, force awakens/rise against the empire play set and Alice from Best Buy during the sale and 

Jack Skellington and Green Goblin From toysrus. 

Do you think FX Darth Vader will go cheaper or should I just pick him up for $8? 

I am upset they cancelled the Disney Infinity line. I tried 2.0 and was not impressed with it. It felt clunky. Now that 3.0 is super cheap I thought I would give it another try and it has been very enjoyable. The series may be dead but at least I am getting all the 3.0 stuff for super cheap.

The Baymax figure looks really cool but I haven't seen it anywhere. Is it worth hunting down? Not from a rarity standpoint but a playability perspective.
Playability no clue, from a figure standpoint hell yeah. It was one of the first figures I got when I bought some in prep for 3.0 and I like it a lot in terms of looks.

Have played all 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. 2.0 is a mild improvement over 1.0 with some flying chasing added in play sets, the avengers and spider-man play sets are pretty much the same thing while GotG play set offers somewhat different environment which is better IMO, the 4 toy box game sets are not that interesting (particularly I'm not interested in setting up weapons).

3.0 is a better improvement offering familiar cinematic scenes in Star Wars and the Inside Out and Dory play set offers new gaming mechanism that wasn't in any before. The toy box takeover game is also much better and more fun than the 2.0 toy box games. The weakest is Battlegrounds which is generally not that fun for multiplayer and much less for single player.

It's said that it's cancelled as I can see it finally gets to the point providing more diversified play sets and have a lot of potential in it.

Managed to scoop up Sabine, Poe and Zeb today at BB for like $6.xx. I was surprised when the digital codes still activated on the Infinity website. My SW collection is getting pretty close. Now all I've gotta get is Boba, Ren FX, Han and Chewie (and yoda digital code). Now to decide if I should bother picking up Marvel characters too. I still don't have 2.0 yet but I've got the Avengers crystal piece and Iron Man so I'm tempted to pick up some of the marvel stuff, especially Guardians of the galaxy playset. I just wish there was more of a reason to have the Marvel characters in 3.0

Spoilers - Meijer has most 2.0 and 3.0 characters in stock at most stores, and only $5. Got Nemo yesterday. Got the Dori set for $15 at Target today.

Not as good as the $3 a figure at Target earlier, but still not bad. I have all of the Marvel and Star Wars figures/playsets now, need to get the few Star Wars disc sets, but they're dropping fast enough. I have the Dori set, the Tron figures, Zootopia figures, and the Alice stuff, so I'm good on Disney I want.

​This may be wishful thinking, but could it be possible that whatever company gets the Disney video game license could restart Disney Infinity?

I have to wonder if some of DI's downfall was it's boycentric 2.0 and 3.0.  I know more boys play video games, but DI was very interesting for both boys and girls and garnered more players for that, but 2.0 and 3.0 were each more interesting for boys with their lineups.  My girls lost some interest with 2.0 (although once they played the super heroes they had lots of fun with the characters) and 3.0 really lost their interest.

​This may be wishful thinking, but could it be possible that whatever company gets the Disney video game license could restart Disney Infinity?

I have to wonder if some of DI's downfall was it's boycentric 2.0 and 3.0. I know more boys play video games, but DI was very interesting for both boys and girls and garnered more players for that, but 2.0 and 3.0 were each more interesting for boys with their lineups. My girls lost some interest with 2.0 (although once they played the super heroes they had lots of fun with the characters) and 3.0 really lost their interest.
As the developer studio has been totally dissolved, I can hardly believe any company would like to take over as it's almost like starting from scratch. Disney could have put the studio and license up for sale, but seems they preferred a quicker way to please the shareholders.

As mostly reported, the poor managed inventory is the major reason as evidence by how many 2.0 and 3.0 figures are being discounted now, they certainly have made way too many of them.

Same here, especially since the next installment would have had a fighting template available in the toy box, and best of all, playsets that crossed series, conceivably allowing every single character to be playable in at least some of them.

As for Baymax, he's actually quite weak, at least starting out. He moves slow but doesn't dish out much damage, his armor is weak, and his fist projectile is like Thor's hammer, but takes forever to get back to you. He may get better at higher levels, but that's how he starts out.

I have to wonder if some of DI's downfall was it's boycentric 2.0 and 3.0. I know more boys play video games, but DI was very interesting for both boys and girls and garnered more players for that, but 2.0 and 3.0 were each more interesting for boys with their lineups. My girls lost some interest with 2.0 (although once they played the super heroes they had lots of fun with the characters) and 3.0 really lost their interest.
It's possible but highly improbable. DI took 100 million dollars to develop by some reports. So even if Disney directly licenses out the engine (which probably needs a significant upgrade if it were to continue), technology, manufacturing process, etc. to get someone hitting the ground running it's still going to be prohibitively expensive. There's not many companies that could even bear that expensive that don't already have their own toys game. Then you have to factor in working with Disney and whatever restrictions they impose or licenses they force on you. It would be great but it's so unlikely and they probably would have shifted it to a third party instead of outright cancelling it if someone had enough interest.

Not sure if posted already but there are a bunch of figures on sale for $5 at Meijer this week. Check out their website to see what exactly is on sale.
The first thing I noticed on their web is big red "choking hazard" on all figures... hardly believe hulk and hulkbuster are qualified, while some Lego Dimensions set do not have that warning.

Indeed, that is why I tried to have my name legally changed to Jack Ass.
Yeah I'm at $77 and really just started looking away. I need Han, Chewy and Vader to complete the SW set that I do care about, but dayum don't really want to shell more cash tbh...yet again I was actually looking into buying a link nendoroid for $40 :whistle2:

I'd get Panther regardless, I'm currently leveling him up and he's awesome. His combos are pretty flashy, and combined with his voiceover, it makes him one of the more enjoyable Marvel characters I've played with. My only complaint is that his special isn't very good from what I've seen (just a quick kick). Great character otherwise.

I would hope someone would take the ideas of Infinity....if they can't acquire the assets, and put out something in the same vein, but without entering into the Toys to Life marketplace. A generic unlicensed toybox game with character creation and vehicle customization. Unfortunately though, that would still be a risky venture as too many people claimed Infinity's best mode was too difficult to get into so it would need a much better tutorial system, especially when it comes to setting up basic logic connections.

To me that's basically Project Spark which without a license to prop it up was a massive flop despite really solid tools and being F2P. DI probably would have flopped without the license backing it up since the game itself reviewed fairly poorly on it's own merits.

To me that's basically Project Spark which without a license to prop it up was a massive flop despite really solid tools and being F2P. DI probably would have flopped without the license backing it up since the game itself reviewed fairly poorly on it's own merits.
I can understand why Infinity reviewed poorly, as its whole was made from a lot of mediocre parts, with the hurdle of its high learning curve and the nature of the Toys to Life business model. Also I don't think anyone really paid attention to Project Spark because it wasn't on the preferred platform of choice at the time.

You may be right, without a license could doom it right out the gates, but I don't see something like that ever being financially successful as anything other than a digital only release. That however, doesn't mean it couldn't find an audience. If someone perfected what's currently available with toybox and made it easier to jump into offering premade levels (shooters, side scrolling brawlers, platforming, racing, fighters, etc.) which you can swap things in and out of (instead of the generators which can get a bit too hectic for newbs too easily) without having to think too much about stringing together all of the logic connections, that along with a decent character and vehicle creation would be a solid base where they could add licenses via dlc.....much like LBP.

Creation based games work, you just need something that's as easy to jump into as Minecraft, The Sims, or wrestling titles, and one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg because of some gimmick....however cool it may be. Yeah the appeal of playing characters from all of the Disney properties was a big draw, but underneath all of that is a creative tool set that gamers could and have made really awesome things with that should live on in some way or another regardless of if it has to revert to something smaller in scope.

BB has Toy Box Takeover and Speedway on sale for $14.99/$11.99. I picked up Takeover since it looks fun.

My final haul (hopefully):

BB:
PS4 DI 3.0 Starter Pack - $15.99
Darth Maul - $1.59
Obi-Wan - $2.39
Kylo Ren FX - $3.19
Poe Dameron - $1.59
Ezra - $2.39
Kanan - $2.39
Zeb - $2.39
Sabine - $2.39
Hulkbuster - $2.39
Boba Fett - $3.99
Darth Vader - $3.99
Force Awakens Play Set - $11.99
Rise Against the Empire Play Set - $6.39
Inside Out Play Set - $9.59
Avengers 2.0 3-pack - $6.39
Ultron - $2.39
Toy Box Takeover - $11.99

Target:
Yoda FX - $2.99
Chewie - $2.99

TRU:
Maleficent - $3.74
Han Solo - $4.99 (GS pm)

Walmart:
Black Suit Spider-Man - $4.96

-----------
Total: $113.09
# Figures: 28

I went from no game a few days ago to 28 figures. There are still a few I'm debating picking up, but I think I'll be good with these.

BB has Toy Box Takeover and Speedway on sale for $14.99/$11.99. I picked up Takeover since it looks fun.

I went from no game a few days ago to 28 figures. There are still a few I'm debating picking up, but I think I'll be good with these.
Check Walmart.com! I got Takeover 3 days ago for $4.96

And I'm in the same boat as you, I went from having 0 Disney Infinity stuff to own all 3 games "starter packs" all playset (14) and all add ons. I currently own 42 figures and still need like 4-6 to complete my collection.

Thanks CAG

Am I the only one wishing we could've gotten a Star Wars Battlegrounds before they pulled the plug?  It would've been a great way to get some extra use out of the SW characters outside of the other playsets.

Nope, I'm not that dishonest and shady.
My store didn't have an issue with it. I straight up asked them if I could PM GameStops $5 price on their exclusive version and the girl who rang me up could care less and did it without any problems.

My store didn't have an issue with it. I straight up asked them if I could PM GameStops $5 price on their exclusive version and the girl who rang me up could care less and did it without any problems.
And that makes it any more right? I mean hey to each their own. If your store and the employees are that stupid then it is what it is. It is still dishonest because you are PM'ing a exclusive for a non exclusive. But anyway bot. My Nemo for $9 shipped. Sure it isn't $5 but since he is becoming harder and harder to locate figured might as well get it ASAP.

bread's done
Back