Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity how much did people drop when the prices were not this low? So far I think I have sunk around $130 for:

• SW starter set
  • 2.0 Toy Box
  • 2.0 Marvel set
  • Hulkbuster
  • Empire Strikes back set
  • Hulk, Hawk Eye, Falcon, Loki, Captain America, Nick Fury, Venom
  • Ultron
  • Yundu, Ronan
  • Black Panther, Spiderman, Ant Man, Vision
  • All SW Rebels + Poe
  • Chewie, Han, Darth Vader, Boba, Yoda, Obi Wan, Darth Maul, Kylo
  • Battlegrounds
  • Donald, Nick Wilde
fuck I seriously thought I would never spend any money in any of it and now I think I have 40 figures :wall: and spend more than I thought...but with some awesome looking toys (imo :whistle2: ). FML if Amiibos ever go this cheap
I wish I kept track but with CAG being the way it is and flips and deals and stuff it's not easy. All I know is I spent for certain less then $300 and I have everything figure 2.0 and 3.0 and 50% of the figures for 1.0 and all the power discs inc King Mickey. Beyond that it's tough to give a more accurate amount.

Haha, i went to do that today and had to stop after 2 because the kids were ravenous beasts hellbent on playing that very second. Guess I'm going to have to not play Destiny one night and get to downloading.
I've been doing this about two hours and I'm within sight of the end of the developer's picks list.

Right? I was downloading all of mine yesterday.

Anyone have any suggestions which toyboxs to download?
Watch some Toy Box TV on YouTube I found some pretty good ones there, they have a top 5 toy boxes every month/week not sure.

I found some pretty good one for Spot, Maleficent etc

Pro Tip

If you want the Dory set for $15 and the Nemo figure for $7, do the following: Look up the DPCI of both and go to guest services. Ask for a raincheck on each. A receipt will print out and you essentially lock in this price until September.

Now order them from Target.com or ship to store and when you pick them up have your raincheck since the sale ends 7/30 (though a new one could start next week). You SHOULD be able to use Cartwheel next week if there's another offer. POS allows it and I believe it's within policy too.

Wound up stopping at TRU on a lark since I was going past there. Despite the website saying no they did have a Groot and Falcon in stock though Falcon had already shipped from Walmart at the same price.  Grabbed Groot and asked if they would match FX Vader to GS and the manager had no problem with it since that's all they had on the floor (about 18-24 of them).

its crazy that im tempted to even pickup some of the 1.0 figures at tru that i never got around to playing with.

no luck finding nemo near me though :(

My Walmart is still full of Infinity Figures since they haven't bothered changing the price tags of the figures. I picked up Black Panther and Black Suit Spiderman for $4.96 each.

How are everyone storing their 3.0 discs since there is no album?  28 discs (30 including the marvel falcon 2) and the capsules hold 22.  I was disappointed toys r us never discounted the little star wars zipper holders.  $9.99 is a little steep.  

I spent the last couple of weeks driving between Best Buys, Walmarts, Toys R Us, Targets (whose internet system said there were Nemo's when there weren't) and Game Stops.  The Game stop online deal completed me with a Target.com Nemo and Amazon FX Kanan Jarrus.  I buckled and gave in to the FX figures since they were cheap too.  

Any tips on getting hold of a King Mickey?  It's the last thing I need now.  I know about paying crazy prices on Ebay/Amazon/Craigslist, any cheap-ass-gamers tips appreciated.  

How are everyone storing their 3.0 discs since there is no album? 28 discs (30 including the marvel falcon 2) and the capsules hold 22. I was disappointed toys r us never discounted the little star wars zipper holders. $9.99 is a little steep.

I spent the last couple of weeks driving between Best Buys, Walmarts, Toys R Us, Targets (whose internet system said there were Nemo's when there weren't) and Game Stops. The Game stop online deal completed me with a Target.com Nemo and Amazon FX Kanan Jarrus. I buckled and gave in to the FX figures since they were cheap too.

Any tips on getting hold of a King Mickey? It's the last thing I need now. I know about paying crazy prices on Ebay/Amazon/Craigslist, any cheap-ass-gamers tips appreciated.
I use these...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-power-disc-wallet-red-black-gray/4401901.p?id=1219743044448&skuId=4401901

Not the most attractive thing, but it serves it's purpose. You'll need 3 of them to fit them all in. I have them sitting inside one of the DI 2.0 messenger bags with the figures.

Just splurged and got the Force Awakens, Rise of Empire and Marvel Battlegrounds playsets for like 11.88 each. Wouldn't be surprised to see these hit 9.99 eventually as time goes on as speculated but these were all the ones I wanted and this saves me from having to keep track of them. Couple more interested in if the price is right and then that should be it for the playsets with this purchase.

How are everyone storing their 3.0 discs since there is no album? 28 discs (30 including the marvel falcon 2) and the capsules hold 22. I was disappointed toys r us never discounted the little star wars zipper holders. $9.99 is a little steep.
Many people and I use 2.5" x 2.5" coin holder sheets in 3-hole binder (12 coins/discs per sheet), it works though not a snug fit (don't turn the binder upside down) like the DI album (which pretty hard to take a disc out).

I still have an additional 2.0 album, got it like $5 from early BB sale in April I think (now $25), came with some marvel power discs, just resold the discs had paid for itself, but the album itself is a hard sale even for a few bucks. Might as well just use that to hold the 3.0 discs.

I use these...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-power-disc-wallet-red-black-gray/4401901.p?id=1219743044448&skuId=4401901

Not the most attractive thing, but it serves it's purpose. You'll need 3 of them to fit them all in. I have them sitting inside one of the DI 2.0 messenger bags with the figures.
Yeah I got two of those when they were 99 cents last week. They're supposed to hold 15 each, if I remember correctly, and a guy on YouTube had like 20 in them to test the limit.

So guys I have a question,

I am currently on the Wii U version (insert laughs, my sons loves the console, and I may too) but just bought the PS4 3.0 starter from BB.  I'll trade-in the extra characters and end up sub $10 for the PS4 version.

But, I don't own an PS4 yet.  I plan on buying the new console around the Black Friday/ PS4.5 release, unless I find a really good deal before that.

Will I be able to play the newer content- Finding Dory Playset, Battlegrounds, Baloo and such characters in several months from now; since I cannot do the updates now?  Or will I be out of luck and stuck with the base game and playsets?

I am currently on the Wii U version (insert laughs, my sons loves the console, and I may too) but just bought the PS4 3.0 starter from BB. I'll trade-in the extra characters and end up sub $10 for the PS4 version.

But, I don't own an PS4 yet. I plan on buying the new console around the Black Friday/ PS4.5 release, unless I find a really good deal before that.

Will I be able to play the newer content- Finding Dory Playset, Battlegrounds, Baloo and such characters in several months from now; since I cannot do the updates now? Or will I be out of luck and stuck with the base game and playsets?
Seeing they are clearing everything out, I'd say it's a crapshoot now. It may be but it may not be. Up to you but I would buy what I want now.

That being said, after going cold turkey on DI 1.0 and swearing never to go down the rabbit hold again, I just purchased the ps4 3.0 starter, boba fett, force awakens, rise against and Han, Chewy, Vader for around 60 bucks. Wtf.

I am currently on the Wii U version (insert laughs, my sons loves the console, and I may too) but just bought the PS4 3.0 starter from BB. I'll trade-in the extra characters and end up sub $10 for the PS4 version.

But, I don't own an PS4 yet. I plan on buying the new console around the Black Friday/ PS4.5 release, unless I find a really good deal before that.

Will I be able to play the newer content- Finding Dory Playset, Battlegrounds, Baloo and such characters in several months from now; since I cannot do the updates now? Or will I be out of luck and stuck with the base game and playsets?

Seeing they are clearing everything out, I'd say it's a crapshoot now. It may be but it may not be. Up to you but I would buy what I want now.

That being said, after going cold turkey on DI 1.0 and swearing never to go down the rabbit hold again, I just purchased the ps4 3.0 starter, boba fett, force awakens, rise against and Han, Chewy, Vader for around 60 bucks. Wtf.
I believe they meant the actual updates to make the content available, not actually going out and buying it in stores. But I could be wrong.

But just in case, yes you'll be fine. The updates are stored on Sony/Nintendo/MS servers. What we will lose when the DI servers go down is text editor for making toy boxes, sharing toy boxes and downloading toy boxes, and online multiplayer.

Low production run, probably only released because they already invested in making the figures and would have lost money cancelling production. But I would guess that in the long term, the Nemo/Dory stuff will be rare.

Many people and I use 2.5" x 2.5" coin holder sheets in 3-hole binder (12 coins/discs per sheet), it works though not a snug fit (don't turn the binder upside down) like the DI album (which pretty hard to take a disc out).

I still have an additional 2.0 album, got it like $5 from early BB sale in April I think (now $25), came with some marvel power discs, just resold the discs had paid for itself, but the album itself is a hard sale even for a few bucks. Might as well just use that to hold the 3.0 discs.
Just found this http://disneyinfinitycodes.com/diy-craft-custom-disney-infinity-3-0-power-disc-album/

You could make a great 3.0 folder like that.

My best buy got a whole whopping 5 new DI figures in on the truck today. 1 Maul, 1 Kenobi, 1 non-FX Ren, 1 Ultron and 1 Hawkeye. I ended up buying the Hawkeye. Anyway I guess my point is if stores don't have them right now, there's a chance (however incredibly slim) that they may get some back in stock

I have never used cartwheel, but if I were to place an order to pickup tomorrow would I be able to get the price adjusted? Granted some of the sets show full price online. Plus I don't know if my target has them at 50%

I have never used cartwheel, but if I were to place an order to pickup tomorrow would I be able to get the price adjusted? Granted some of the sets show full price online. Plus I don't know if my target has them at 50%
You should be able to do that especially if it's in stock in store, you can always return and buy it back. Last time I did similar thing with 75% cartwheel off Skylanders, the figures were online only (which took a week to arrive but before cartwheel ended) and I was able to return and apply cartwheel in store.

so i did a mass order on gamestops website, i think i ordered about 10 figures, all but 2 or 3 showed up, looks like theyre being sent from a different store or something.

at this point i think im maybe missing 3 or 4 figures now, and one toybox pack.

best buy kinda screwed the pooch i think with their flash sale a couple of weeks back, i missed it by a few hours and there as no restock.

oh well, ill have to see if i cna make a trip to toysrus and see if any of the 1.0 things are still there and if i want to dive it and try to round that all up.

if anyone has any extra 2.0 discs, send me a message, im only missing a handful of them.

My best buy got a whole whopping 5 new DI figures in on the truck today. 1 Maul, 1 Kenobi, 1 non-FX Ren, 1 Ultron and 1 Hawkeye. I ended up buying the Hawkeye. Anyway I guess my point is if stores don't have them right now, there's a chance (however incredibly slim) that they may get some back in stock
The common ones probably but there's a growing list of figures that have been removed from the site which presumably means they won't be restocked.

I'm a bit confused on the price of the Dory set. Theoretically if it can be found, it would be 14.99 at Target, right?
Finding Dory is on sale for $14.99 through Saturday.

Step 1: Go to your local Target. If it's there, great! Skip the next steps.
Step 2: Assuming it isn't there, go to Guest Services. Ask for a rain check. Give them DPCI # 207-03-3054.
Step 3: Order the set online either for ship to store or shipped to your house.
Step 4: When your item arrives, do a return and rebuy. If it's no longer $15, your raincheck will bring the price down for you. The raincheck price is good at any Target for 60 days.

Playing Finding Dory now very impressive with this playset and graphics looks so much better than Inside Out Playset, I feel like im watching the movie tbh.

I wonder, at this point, if its a good idea to just bite the bullet and pay full price online for Nemo and the Dory playset. With my work schedule the way it is right now I'm not going to be able to have the time to go hunting at stores, and I'm sure it's going to sell out online before too long. With the massive discounts I have gotten on pretty much all the other DI stuff I guess it wouldn't hurt to pay retail once, lol 

Playing Finding Dory now very impressive with this playset and graphics looks so much better than Inside Out Playset, I feel like im watching the movie tbh.
Finding Dory playset is really fun, especially with young children like my youngest son. He loves it. Fairly simple puzzles and lots of collecting shells. He loves gathering the fish and decorating the main hub area of the playset.

Dangs just got an e-mail from Target saying that my Finding Dory order for pickup has been cancelled. Weird thing is their website was the one showing they had inventory. Now I have to go hunt it down into another store.

Dangs just got an e-mail from Target saying that my Finding Dory order for pickup has been cancelled. Weird thing is their website was the one showing they had inventory. Now I have to go hunt it down into another store.
You can do what the guy in this thread suggested earlier. Go to the Target store, get raincheck for it using (DPCI): 207-03-3054. Then order it online for shipping to store pickup. When you go simply do a return/rebuy using the raincheck.

You can do what the guy in this thread suggested earlier. Go to the Target store, get raincheck for it using (DPCI): 207-03-3054. Then order it online for shipping to store pickup. When you go simply do a return/rebuy using the raincheck.
Yup that's what seems to be the last resort, either that or trying to get it out of somewhere else, but really after all these deals paying more than $20 for a set seems insane

Finding Dory playset is really fun, especially with young children like my youngest son. He loves it. Fairly simple puzzles and lots of collecting shells. He loves gathering the fish and decorating the main hub area of the playset.
So far one of my Favorite Playset only played Twilight of the Republic and Inside Out, it kinda brings back the nostalgia since the gameplay its very similar to the old Disney Infinity 1.0 playsets like the decorations etc

And like I said the graphics are just awesome, kinda want to grab a Nemo now

I thought I was done, but grabbed Vision and Ant Man from Walmart today for $4.96 ea. They still had a Blank Panther but I passed.

Local Target had a restock on the Dory set today.  They even stacked Cartwheel with it.  Check the online tracker to see if your local store got any in.

Can anyone suggest an app to help track which figures you are missing? 

bread's done
Back