Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop B2G3 free. I got the Lone Rnager playset, Lone Ranger, Tonto, Lightning McQueen, and Toy Story playset for like $13 total or something. I got a lot of 1.0 figures lately so not sure what the combo was but it was easily the best deal.
Only about 30 cents a figure cheaper and then you're basically missing the only figures that work with the sets. The more I think about it the Cars and Lone Ranger characters I would never use in the later games and how much play is 1.0 going to get at this point? Jessie and Buzz will get used at least and the Toy Story set is supposed to have some of the charm even if it's not as good.

Only about 30 cents a figure cheaper and then you're basically missing the only figures that work with the sets. The more I think about it the Cars and Lone Ranger characters I would never use in the later games and how much play is 1.0 going to get at this point? Jessie and Buzz will get used at least and the Toy Story set is supposed to have some of the charm even if it's not as good.
I don't follow your math unless you are comparing it to Toys R Us sale. Then sure yeah it isn't great. But at $4 an item it isn't bad. If you don't want them sure don't do it, but it's better then ebay or anywhere else if you want to get even 2 of the items.

After hemming and hawing finally just bit the bullet on Toy Story, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spider-Man sets. Kept hoping to get the last two for $15 each or less so it was kind of silly that I was hesitating paying $9 a piece.

I don't follow your math unless you are comparing it to Toys R Us sale. Then sure yeah it isn't great. But at $4 an item it isn't bad. If you don't want them sure don't do it, but it's better then ebay or anywhere else if you want to get even 2 of the items.
Well yeah, where else would I be getting stuff right now? The price is good enough I was considering getting the other sets but maybe if they hit $5 at some point.

After hemming and hawing finally just bit the bullet on Toy Story, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spider-Man sets. Kept hoping to get the last two for $15 each or less so it was kind of silly that I was hesitating paying $9 a piece.

Well yeah, where else would I be getting stuff right now? The price is good enough I was considering getting the other sets but maybe if they hit $5 at some point.
Ebay, amazon, etc etc. I dunno you never stated so I was just asking....

Picked up the Spidey playset at TRU. It was ringing up $17.99 but I showed them the price of $8.74 on the website and they matched. Hoping the Inside Out set drops at some point

I'm torn on getting much more. I've never bought a single toys to life item, but have dropped a few bucks recently due to some of the great deals. However, not sure if any of the 2.0 and 1.0 playsets are frankly worth it.

For Toy Story, the 360 game by the same name is a far superior game (developed by Avalanche and well, it features a toy box). Like you, not compelled by the Lone Ranger set at all.

I'm starting to understand why the Infinity toyline wasn't all that. By what I've read, the playsets are fairly small and short affairs, and I'm not at all interested in the toy box (which it seems will be turned off online anyways).

So my question to all CAGer is whether any of the 2.0 and 1.0 playsets are good, fun games? I've heard the starter pack with Sully, Mr. Incredible, and Captain Jack is pretty good. Is Guardians even that good? I heard the main game is only 2 hours long. How about the Cars playset? Doubt whatever is in there is better than the Cars console games.

I'm torn on getting much more. I've never bought a single toys to life item, but have dropped a few bucks recently due to some of the great deals. However, not sure if any of the 2.0 and 1.0 playsets are frankly worth it.

For Toy Story, the 360 game by the same name is a far superior game (developed by Avalanche and well, it features a toy box). Like you, not compelled by the Lone Ranger set at all.

I'm starting to understand why the Infinity toyline wasn't all that. By what I've read, the playsets are fairly small and short affairs, and I'm not at all interested in the toy box (which it seems will be turned off online anyways).

So my question to all CAGer is whether any of the 2.0 and 1.0 playsets are good, fun games? I've heard the starter pack with Sully, Mr. Incredible, and Captain Jack is pretty good. Is Guardians even that good? I heard the main game is only 2 hours long. How about the Cars playset? Doubt whatever is in there is better than the Cars console games.
I mainly got the three I did because I wanted the characters and the Marvel ones also happen to work with Battlegrounds as a bonus.

I mainly got the three I did because I wanted the characters and the Marvel ones also happen to work with Battlegrounds as a bonus.
Same here I like the figures so for the right price they are worth to me. At some point if I can get the base game for PS3 then I think I would be set. Also the Take Over is a ton of fun, especially as a couch coop. Also I don't have kids myself, but whenever my friend's kids come by they go crazy so its a pretty fun game all around.

Yeah I have 1.0 still, never played so it would probably get played one day. Watching some videos it seems like the best of the playsets but the characters are also the least interesting. If you had just been able to use any character in these things it would have been so much better. $9 seems reasonable but at the same time I'm just not enthused about it.
I enjoyed Lone Ranger the most, but Pirates is fun and the detail within Monsters University makes it worth at least one go. I only used Tonto, and only in the play set, but he was fun. If you need just the Lone Ranger play set piece, I have one I can part with. I have neither the Lone Ranger or Tonto figure, so it isn't much use to me now.

Got Spidey's set this week, got tired of waiting for a reduction. Watched it for weeks, it's one of the few sets that never wanted to budge below 15 and was always 17 or more so I bit when I saw it at 15 as I was hoping for 10. Only set left I'd like to get is Toy Story. As far as figures go I pretty much have every one that I've ever wanted but I'll probably grab anything that somewhat interests me if I can get them for 3 bucks or less like they were a couple weeks back.

Pirates is very good. The sailing mechanic is a surprising feature of the game that sadly never resurfaced. It was fun to play two player while one person sails and the other "mans the guns"

Honestly it felt like Infinity never quite had a focused direction. It wanted to be everything for everybody and that didn't seem possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I just bought my kids (really they're for me, I like the figures, shhh!) the remaining figures from Toys R US to complete our collection, minus the clear 1.0 variations (I don't care for those) and Jack Skellington. Skellington is the only figure that TRU did not have. I'll save these for the kids for Christmas.

Happy hunting!

I went with the two disc sets for $.79 ea after GCU. Was kinda tempted on Light FX Skywalker for $1.59, but I'm fine with the regular version that came with the starter set.

Got my playsets from TRU today. All were detached from the cardboard but that's not really surprising. So outside of figures being $1-2 somewhere I'm probably done with everything we would want (and then some).

Update on the Steam version: http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791440163315/announcements/detail/827925118556100140

As of September 30, 2016, Disney Infinity 3.0 will remain playable but will temporarily be unavailable for new downloads. DLC purchases from the Steam storefront and in-game will also be unavailable. 

If you have made any DLC purchases for Disney Infinity 3.0 (from the Steam storefront or in-game), you will be eligible to receive a free Gold Edition of Disney Infinity 3.0 later this year. The Disney Infinity 3.0 Gold Edition will allow you to enjoy all Disney Infinity 3.0 Playsets, characters, and Power Discs at no additional cost. 

Please note that Gold Edition will also include necessary changes to Online Features, which will allow you to continue to play through your adventures once Disney Infinity Servers have been shut down. 

For a limited time, you will be able to transfer your Disney Infinity 3.0 save progression to the new Gold Edition to ensure all your Play Set and Toy Box progress is not lost. 

Please check Steam and the Disney Infinity website frequently as we will provide the Disney Infinity community with news and status of the game across all platforms should the status change.

That is pretty freakin awesome. I wish hope they do a patch for the console versions to disable the server checks for the game in general and the text tool.

Let people make obscene words...so long as no one can share them who cares.

That's awesome news! Unfortunately, I only have the base game for Steam and used the codes I redeemed from my figures.

And slightly off topic from this post since it's not relevant to 3.0 - I just realized I bought Disney Infinity 2.0 on Steam. I don't think I ever installed that...

I was meaning to buy the 1.0 play sets but now they are all back to $19.99.  Does TRU really think we'll pay $19.99 for them when a few days ago they were 8.99?  They are crazy as f.

Update on the Steam version: http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791440163315/announcements/detail/827925118556100140

As of September 30, 2016, Disney Infinity 3.0 will remain playable but will temporarily be unavailable for new downloads. DLC purchases from the Steam storefront and in-game will also be unavailable.

If you have made any DLC purchases for Disney Infinity 3.0 (from the Steam storefront or in-game), you will be eligible to receive a free Gold Edition of Disney Infinity 3.0 later this year. The Disney Infinity 3.0 Gold Edition will allow you to enjoy all Disney Infinity 3.0 Playsets, characters, and Power Discs at no additional cost.

Please note that Gold Edition will also include necessary changes to Online Features, which will allow you to continue to play through your adventures once Disney Infinity Servers have been shut down.

For a limited time, you will be able to transfer your Disney Infinity 3.0 save progression to the new Gold Edition to ensure all your Play Set and Toy Box progress is not lost.

Please check Steam and the Disney Infinity website frequently as we will provide the Disney Infinity community with news and status of the game across all platforms should the status change.
I'm not sure how this works. I have PS4 3.0 ed, so if I buy the gold ed I can use all my figures and base with it? Or were the web codes the only way to use the figures on the steam version?

Fingers crossed that they'll do something similar to this on console next year after all figures have been clearanced out at retail. Even if I had to pay for another version just to avoid dragging out and swapping them every time I wanted to play it'd be worth it.

I stopped redeeming webcodes months ago when they weren't needed anymore.

You just needed to startup the game on a console and play with the character.

Yeah, I mean can I use my figures and base on the steam version? And what good were the web codes?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

When you redeemed the codes, they would unlock the character in the Steam version. You don't need to use the base or figure in that version. Web codes may make you eligible for the Gold edition according to this post on the Steam thread:

Yes, those who used webcodes will be eligible for the Gold Edition. This is the response a Redditor got when they asked Disney support:

"Yes, all of your redemptions and purchases from the Disney Infinity website will still be listed in your collection after March 3rd, 2016. The Steam servers are going to be updated prior to the shut down so that your collection will not change. However, it is important to note that you will not be able to add any Webcodes after September 30th."

"The Steam version of both Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0 will be the same. Any of the web codes that have been redeemed will work with the version they are for. As Disney Infinity is closing down all development of the game, there are no current plans to bring the first release of Disney Infinity (1.0) to Steam."

"Players will have the option to migrate their saved files from Disney Cloud to Steam Cloud. We’ll be sharing more details with the release of the respective Gold Editions."

When you redeemed the codes, they would unlock the character in the Steam version. You don't need to use the base or figure in that version. Web codes may make you eligible for the Gold edition according to this post on the Steam thread:
It makes some of us have both console and steam version very confused.

Since March 2016 update, putting a figure or play set piece on Console base will also automatically unlock the figure and play set for PC version (Standalone/Windows App/Steam). In fact, you couldn't redeem the web code came with figure or play set if you had already played them on the console because you had already unlocked them. The web site would give you an error.

So, I guess many might not even have redeemed a web code if they play on both Console and Windows version.

I'm not sure if those will get the Gold Edition if no web code had been redeemed but had every play set and figure already unlocked.

The only thing that didn't work without redeeming a play set web code is many toys you couldn't purchase from the Toy Box Store.

I had to exchange email with the customer service a few times to find that out and sent them a picture of play set web code card to fix the issue. I'm not sure if they just modified my account or actually added my web code in the redemption history.

I didn't have the Steam version of 2.0 as even on the last day it still costs $50 which is insane, so guess I will stick with the PS4.

If you're still looking for figures, check TRU. My store has been getting shipments in every day for the past week and a half.

If you were looking to get anything from Target, I hope you got it already. Both stores I've been in this morning reeet that section and the Infinity figures have been removed from the shelves.

My local target seems to be officially done with disney infinity. Went from a ton of yoda and discs to completely empty in a week.

List of figures I am still looking for at a cheap price:

Rapunzel
Anna
Elsa
Crystal Sorcerer Mickey
Crystal Lightning McQueen
Crystal Lone Ranger
Light FX Obi-Wan
Light FX Luke Skywalker
Light FX Kanan

Also these figures but not as important:

Princess Leia
Han Solo
Ezra Bridger
Sabine Wren
Ultron
Ant Man
Loki
Sam Flynn
Quorra
Mulan
Baymax
Jessie

Went to target to see if the Disney Infinity Figures have dropped more than 70% and to my suprise they are no longer there. Will hit up goodwill sometime this week to see if they have them. 

bread's done
Back